Revenge Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How can you be sure of that?"

"He didn't take anything. Her purse, her money, her credit card, everything was there in the room besides her. In fact there was this expensive looking diamond set platinum ring inside her bag. It sure looked expensive, but even that small but precious thing was left untouched."

Brad felt a sudden jolt on hearing that. Then he thought of her daughter.

"Who's with her daughter?"

"Brenda's elder sister is with Mary Ann. She will be taking her home with her."

"Give me their address, "I'd like to meet them," he replied. Another strike out for the good but dumb guys, his mind kept repeating to him. Sometime later he arrived at Brenda's place. The door was opened by her look alike albeit a more mature person. Brad told her who he was. Marge looked at him sadly. Brenda had spoken to her about him a couple of times. It was all so sad.

Marge took him over to Brenda's daughter, Mary Ann. His heart went out to her. She reminded him so much of his own daughter. The father daughter relationship had been a direct casualty of their divorce. He had been given visitation rights as theirs was a no fault state and the child's custody went to the mother. But either he would be so drunk that he would be in no shape to have his daughter over or he wouldn't have enough money to let her have a decent fun filled weekend.

The few times he did take her to the park or some other public place, her new father's limo would discreetly follow them in the background. He could sense she was growing away from him. No doubt her mother was also filling her ears. Then one day as they returned to the park's parking lot to return home in his beat up Ford, she just ran away from him and rushed towards the limo. Money had first won over his wife, and now it seemed his daughter too.

Brad brushed away the tears of the past and took Mary Ann's face in his hands. She looked back at him curiously. She was missing her mom and hoped she was there at her aunt's place. She wondered why there were so many people coming and going in their home. She missed her mother. He gave her a hug then went to the kitchen. Marge was standing by the sink, crying softly.

"She was a brave girl," said Brad.

Marge nodded her head in agreement. There was nothing much to be added. They exchanged addresses and promised to keep in touch. He gave her the diamond set platinum ring which he had picked up from the living room where it had been resting in a pile of things obviously belonging to Brenda's purse.

"Give to Mary Ann when she reaches her teen years. Tell her it was given to her mother by someone who genuinely cared for her. I'd like her to have it as a final gift from her mother to her."

Having said that, he turned and left the house. He looked back once and saw Mary Ann watching him from the living room window. By the now the monster growing inside him had killed the last of the emotions and feelings, turning him into a mean, and cold, soulless humanoid.

To be continued.

alex_lover

12