Rhythm Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CaroSoft
CaroSoft
158 Followers

'Sounds great.'

Charlie signalled to the waiter and ordered their drinks and food. She wasn't sure why Laura seemed so nervous around her and tried to put her at ease by asking more about her job. This seemed to work, Laura clearly loved what she did.

'The kids are amazing, going through one of the worst things in life with a smile on their faces. It's heart-breaking when one of them loses their fight but the euphoria of one of them beating the odds is the best feeling in the world.' Laura said, with a wide smile.

As their food arrived Charlie continued to ask Laura questions about her life to try to calm her down but also because she was quickly becoming lost in the sound of her voice. She didn't think she had even be so taken with someone before and wanted nothing more than to spend as much time as possible with Laura.

Laura had almost overcome her nerves and had nearly forgotten about 'Charlotte Rodgers', simply enjoying dinner with Charlie. As they finished their meal Charlie asked if Laura wanted to have coffee in her apartment and listen to the new band. Laura hesitantly agreed, reminding Charlie that she couldn't stay too late because of her early shift.

Some of Laura's nervousness was returning as they entered Charlie's large apartment, she was half expecting to see all of Charlie's songwriting awards and photos with celebrities. However, other than the obvious cost of some of the items, a grand piano in the window, and the size of the rooms there was nothing unusual.

Charlie went to start the CD and then to make some coffee while Laura listened. By the time she came back the three-song demo was nearly finished so Charlie clicked the music onto a radio station.

'What did you think?'

'I liked it, you were right they are like early Lizard, would be interesting to hear more.'

'I'll put you on the guest list for next week.'

Relaxing into silence Laura noticed Charlie's fingers tapping along to the radio, she was still in awe of Charlotte the songwriter but had really enjoyed the date with Charlie. She suddenly realised that if this was the one and only time she got to speak to one of her idols she should make the most of the opportunity and ask her some questions.

'Charlie, can I ask you something?'

'Anything...'

'Why did you leave Raging Lizard?'

Charlie hadn't expected the question and quickly stood and paced the room. Laura was worried that she had crossed a line but didn't know what to say to get back to the easy companionship they were sharing a minute ago.

'Sorry Charlie, forget I asked, you don't have to tell me. How about an easier question? What's your favourite song - that you didn't write?'

Still slightly on edge, Charlie burst out laughing, 'I thought you said an easier question - that's nearly impossible to answer. It entirely depends on my mood.'

Laura was relieved to see her smiling again and persevered, 'For example...'

'OK, so I'll start with something easy. My favourite piece of classical music is Carmina Burana (Orff), an amazing piece of music and fills my chest with an emotion I couldn't describe whenever I hear it. There are some wonderful songs, Paul Simon's Graceland is phenomenal, and Dolly Parton has written...'

She was interrupted by Laura stifling a laugh, 'Ha, seriously, you like Dolly Parton, I mean I think she's great, but I just can't picture you listening to her.'

'She's an amazing song writer, what's not to like? Jolene will break your heart. Truthfully, I like most types of music, that's why it's so varied at The Square. It really does depend what mood I'm in. Sometimes I want something I can sing along to, sometimes it's the drums that I need.'

Reluctantly, Laura checked her watch and said she needed to get home. Charlie insisted on taking her, refusing to put her in a taxi and wanting to walk her all the way to her door. Laura wanted to ask about seeing her again, but her shyness had returned. Charlie was also nervous but pushed through, 'I had a really nice time tonight Laura, I hope we can do it again.'

'I'd love to.'

'When is your next day off?'

'Sunday and Monday'

'That's perfect, they shouldn't need me at the club on Sunday as there is no live music - can I take you to lunch and then not have to rush in the afternoon or evening?'

'That sounds lovely.' Laura smiled up at Charlie who reached out and gently held Laura's face between her hands while she pressed her lips to Laura's. It was a simple kiss that promised so much more, but after a few sections Charlie pulled back - much to the disappointment of both women.

'G'night Laura, I had a lovely time tonight and I'll confirm the plan for Sunday.'

'Me too, night Charlie.' Laura reluctantly turned into her flat and leaned back against the closed door, breathing deeply, still thinking about the all-to brief kiss. She got herself ready for bed. She was turned on from the kiss but didn't want to masturbate, she wanted to remember the gentle romance of the evening and the softness of Charlie's lips - hoping it was a promise of more in the future.

When Charlie got back to her apartment she was too keyed up to go to bed. She sat down at the piano and played without knowing what she was playing, thinking of what to do for Laura on Sunday.

+++++

CaroSoft
CaroSoft
158 Followers
12