Riddick's Concubine

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Riddick replied, absently, "Through the winter... at least."

Kate smiled a little, but only commented, "Oh." That was the same answer he'd given her before.

Riddick thought of something, then, and asked Kate, "You have anything to avoid pregnancy?" He didn't really care, though, as he wouldn't generally plan to hang around and raise a kid. He thought, come on, what good would he be for a kid, anyway?

Kate commented, defensively, and slightly sarcastic, though, also somewhat amused, "Um, no."

Riddick told her, straightforwardly, "You do realize I'm not the guy to raise a kid."

Kate said, hopefully, "Maybe it would grow on you."

Riddick replied, seriously, though, without much feeling, "Look, don't go expecting anything. Whether or not you have a kid, or don't -- it's none of my business, really."

Kate held hope, though, that he would change his mind -- at least about staying longer. He wasn't truly a bad guy -- she knew that. He needed love, and understanding, she thought. People had never been nice to him, or not much of which she knew, anyway. He clearly wasn't a total bad-ass, and she felt he had some compassion, and wanted to redeem him self. Kate spoke to him, "I've had a hard life too -- really lonely. And I know you've had worse, but we're a lot alike, you see. And I think you have the same quality as me -- incorruptibility." Riddick raised his eyebrows. Kate continued, "I mean, you've been through even more shit than me, but you still don't go around killing ABSOLUTELY everyone, and hurting people who generally don't hurt you, and stuff. You're like me -- I've had it rough, but I still have compassion."

Truth was, Riddick had become a little more amiable since Carolyn had sacrificed her life for him. However, he was a long way from totally rejoined to the majority of the human race, and a long way from being a "daddy."

Riddick simply smiled at her. In some form, he appreciated her sentiment towards him, and her faith -- it was almost heart-warming. But he still planned on leaving. He thought, let her think what she wants. He'd slip away, some day next spring, if she was pregnant or not -- though, he wondered if she couldn't buy condoms -- but he wasn't going to stay. And he wasn't going to say some long "goodbye," either. He somewhat liked her, and maybe, she belonged here -- it was far safer than being with him. He could, also, use the rest, and the peace and quiet -- damn straight. But whether or not she was a restless soul -- she wasn't totally like him, and he knew she wasn't brave enough to go out in space with him. But, he hadn't really considered that, anyhow. He wouldn't ever take her along, he thought. So, it was best -- he'd just slip on out. He had months to stay there, though, to find a way to overcome the energy shield. And if he could spend those months with sex all the time, and women to cook for him, well, he'd been really lucky. And it also gave him the opportunity to "lay low for a while" from anyone who'd ever had a grudge with him, and had wanted to come after him on account of it. They'd never find him there, or even on that planet -- it's native people hadn't even been capable of space-travel, except to their moon. No, he'd lay low. The more he thought about it -- the more he couldn't believe his luck. He felt contented (a feeling rare to him), for the time being. And if he could have this woman to keep him warm on the long, winter nights -- hell, what good fortune!

The End (of Part One -- I'm not sure if I'll add any more parts.)