Ride or Die Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Looks like we found another sorority party. What are the odds?

We stroll up to the gathering of drunk college kids. Just like the last party, the smell of weed, booze, and sweaty people fills the air. Music blares out of from the house. This time it's the Blades. Back to Dust.l

Not my favorite song, but the lead singer is pretty hot. She's kind of got that girl next door vibe. Anyways... It looks like the party is just getting started.

"James?" I hear a familiar voice call my name. Looking up to the door, I see the beautiful blue-eyed, dark raven haired Chelsey Blake walking towards me. Wow... I didn't really get that good of a look at her in Physics, but holy shit she has a body. Slim with a bit of a tan. Of course, when you live in California, it's hard not to get a tan. That pink button up top that's tied off in the middle, showing off a tight stomach with that tan caramel skin is enough to make my heart pump a little faster. And the way those jeans fit so tightly around the curves of her hips and those amazing legs of hers almost sends me over the top. This girl is something else.

"Chelsey! Didn't know you were the sorority kind of girl."

She gives me a nervous smile. "Well... kind of a long story. My roommate forced me to rush with her last year when we were freshmen."

"Doesn't sound like that long of a story."

She lets out a giggle. "That was the short and sweet version."

"Well, I'd love to the hear the long version if you care to share."

"Sure, I mean, it's really not that exciting," she says.

"I don't know, something tells me everything you do is interesting."

"James, are you going to introduce us to your friend?" Frank asks.

"Oh, right. Guys this is Chelsey Blake. I'm lucky enough to have her as my lab partner for physics. Don't let her beauty fool you, she's really a straight-up nerd." Her cheeks turn a bright vivid red hue that matches the sky right now as the sun meets the horizon. "Chelsey, meet my roommates. That's Frank. Jeremiah and Leo."

"Nice to meet you all," she says. "Welcome to Phi Sigma Phi. You guys want a drink?"

"Yes please!" Frank says.

"Sure," Jeremiah says.

"I don't know... I don't want to end up puking like last time," Leo says.

"You just need to take it slow," I tell him. We follow Chelsey in where there is a big 5-gallon water cooler. The ones you always see football players dump over their coaches after a win.

"What about you?" Chelsey asks me.

"No, I'm good. I don't really drink."

"Really?" Her head cranes as she looks at me with a puzzled stare.

"Yeah, it's a personal choice. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those goody two shoes or whatever. I just prefer being sober," I tell her.

"Yeah, I totally get that," she says. "Drinking's overrated."

"Yeah, exactly."

She hands Jeremiah, Frank and Leo cups. "Chelsey!" A blonde girl walks up. "Who are these sexy boys you've found?" she asks as she sizes up Jeremiah.

"This is James, he's in my physics class. And these are his roommates. That's Jeremiah, this is Frank and that's Leo."

"Well it's nice to meet you boys, we're getting a game of flip cup going if you boys want to join us?" she asks.

"Heck yeah! I'm the master at flip cup!" Frank states.

"I guess, we're going to play some flip cup," Jeremiah says.

"I think I'm going to pass on that." I turn to Chelsey. "Want to go somewhere and conversate?"

"Sure," she says with a smile as bright as the sun.

"You guys have fun," I tell them as I follow Chelsey upstairs.

"Don't laugh when you enter my room. It's a bit... nerdy," she says as we head down the hall and enter her room.

Wow. Nerdy is the understatement of the year. Her room is drastically different than the blonde bimbo that gave me head the other weekend. She's got a poster of Einstein above her desk with a quote, "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."

She's got a mobile of the solar system hanging above her bed. Her bed has a blanket with the table of elements on it. There's a poster on the backside of her door with Newton's laws of motion. And of course, the wall opposite of her bed is covered in bookshelves overflowing with all kinds of books. "Ha, honestly, I'm not surprised."

Her cheeks glisten a deep red color, her eyes avoid mine as she shifts her weight from one foot to the other. It reminds me of Charlie. He was always the smart one.

"I like it. You've got a style about you that's so different from everyone else." Her eyes flicker up to mine as a smile appears on that beautiful face of hers. She's so... Childlike? I don't know if that's the right term I'd use. Naive? No... Innocent? Maybe. It's just so hard not to like her.

"Thanks."

She starts playing with her hair as she looks up into my eyes.

"So... Have you read those books, or are they next on the list?" I ask.

"I've read about..." She scrunches her nose as she looks away. She finally looks back at me with a shrug. "Half of them? Roughly."

"So a bit of both," I laugh.

"Ha, I guess you're right." Her laugh is like sweet tea.

"So, what got you into the sciences?" I ask.

"Well, my dad was a professor of physics," she says. "He showed me how fun learning could be. Always doing fun little experiments and telling me all these cool facts."

"Was? What does he do now?" I ask.

"He..." Her eyes fall to the floor. "He passed away a while back."

"Oh... I'm sorry. Sounds like he was a good man."

She looks back up at me with those sparkling eyes as blue as the ocean. "He was."

"How did he die?"

She rubs her neck as she turns away. "He was... murdered."

"Oh... I... I'm sorry. Did they catch who did it?"

"No..."

I can tell she doesn't feel comfortable talking about the subject. I don't want to press it so I quickly change the subject. "So Professor Nystrom seems rather cool."

Her face shoots back up to mine with a smile. "Yeah! She's really awesome!"

"Definitely by far my favorite. Of course, most of my professors are Law or political science professors and I hate both of those subjects."

"Why do you take them, then? Can't you just tell your parents you don't want to go that route?"

"Ha, that's funny. No one tells my parents what to do... They're always right and there's no arguing with them. Both of them used to be lawyers before getting elected into Congress."

"That sucks..."

"Yeah, it's what it is. Luckily I was able to get a scholarship to this University or else I'd be at one of the Ivy Leagues."

"Don't you want to go to an Ivy League school?"

"No, not really. The only thing special about the Ivy Leagues is the supposed prestige you get from going there. The only thing you get from them is a larger ego."

She giggles.

"Don't let them fool you. There's nothing special about someone who goes to an Ivy League. The only reason most kids get into those schools is because of their parents. They probably bribed some official to get their kid in there or made some big donation and of course, the parents are probably alumni so they need their kids to go there as well. It's all just a big Ponzi scheme."

"Why mechanical engineering and technology?" she asks.

"I love cars. My brother used to be one of the best mechanics ever and I'd race the cars he built. We hustled people out in Texas. He was always the smart one while I had the fast reflexes."

"Sounds like you had a good thing going. What's your brother doing now?" she asks.

"Well... he's dead."

"Oh..." Once again, her arm is on her neck. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. Aren't we two peas in a pod. You're dad past away and my brother died."

She lets out a sad smile. "Yeah... I guess so."

"Should we head back to the party?" I ask her.

"Yeah, sure."

I follow her downstairs and we head out to the back yard where Jeremiah, Frank, and Leo are at a table playing flip cup.

It starts to get dark out as we continue to hang out at the sorority. Chelsey and I have really hit it off. She tells me all about Einstein's theory of relativity.

"So you're saying time is relative?" I ask.

"Exactly. Even though it's getting late out for us, for someone else it's early. And if you really think about it, does time exist at all? The units we use to measure time is unique to earth. If you were on Mars, time would be different. The amount of time in a day would be different, the days in a year would be different." She's really into this subject. Her face lights up with every word. "If you were drifting in space, how would you even measure time without a watch?"

"I never thought about that."

"If you really think about it, does time really exist the way we think of it? Our measure of time is really just the measurement of the earth rotating on its axis and revolving around the sun. So technically time is a measure of distance."

"You literally just blew my mind." This girl is so fascinating. Unlike any girl, I've ever met. Usually, girls are attracted to me because of my family. I'm a son of two senators. We're loaded. So naturally, I attract a lot of women and a lot of them are shallow as fuck. But this girl, Chesley, she's got depth to her. She's smart and super passionate about it.

"Normally when I talk about this stuff, I usually bore people to death," she admits.

"You're anything but boring. Seriously, most girls that talk to me have no idea what Einstein's theory of general relativity is, let alone understand it. It's refreshing to actually have an intelligent conversation with someone." It's almost like talking to my brother Charlie. I mean, half the time I barely understood him, but because of him, I'm so much smarter than I'd be without him. That's the way I feel when I'm around Chelsey. She reminds me of my brother. That's weird. I don't mean it as she looks like a man, because that's far from the truth.

Bzzz. Bzzz.

I pull out my phone. Fuck... It's my dad.

"Great... My dad's about to give me a tongue lashing for all the charges I made on the "emergency" card. I better answer it and get it over with. I'll be right back," I tell her as I answer the phone.

"Over $4,000 dollars in charges, really? What the fuck are you buying, drugs?" he screams through the phone.

"I thought we were under the agreement that as long as I follow the path you laid out, I have no limit to my spending. Besides, it was just things for our dorm room. You know how expensive those things can be..."

"Do you just enjoy testing my patents? Don't you have roommates? Are you just going to pay for everything?"

"Isn't that the perks of having rich parents?" I ask.

"This isn't a fucking joke! You better start taking things seriously or you're in for a rude awakening in the real world. Charlie took things seriously."

"There it is... Is that it dad? You wish I would have died instead of Charlie, don't you?"

"That's not what I said. This is fucking pointless. Use your goddamn head next time." Click.

Fuck, he just hung up on me!

He's such a fucking asshole...

Bzzz. Bzzz.

I look down at my phone to see I got a text message from a number I don't recognize.

I open up the message.

'Race. 2 AM. Buy in is 10Gs, you in?'

Holy fuck! It's mystery girl. 10 grand? I can drop that. With all the money my brother and I stashed away from when we hustled the circuits back in Texas, that's pocket change.

Fuck it. I'm doing it.

'I'm in.' I text back.

A minute later she responds back. 'I'll text you the location an hour beforehand, be ready.'

Oh, I'm ready. It's been far too long since I've got my dose of adrenaline.

Shit, I need something to take the edge off. I haven't had a drink since... Well, I don't want to talk about that day.

I walk up to the table on the patio where they're pouring shots. "Mind if I get one of those?"

The blonde doing the bartender looks up and a smile appears on her face. "Sure thing. Here you go, handsome."

"Thanks." I take it down right then and there. I see that Chelsey is over with my roommates, watching them play a different game with cups. I head over there.

"Hey, I've got to go. Something came up," I tell Chelsey. She looks up at me with a look of concern. "It was great talking to you, I'll see you in class."

"Yeah, okay. I'm glad we got a chance to hang out. It was nice."

Jeremiah looks up. "You heading out?"

I nod. "Yeah, I finally got invited to a street race."

"What?" Chelsey asks.

"Yeah, I kind of race illegally on the streets with a modded car."

Her eyes go wide. "Wow... Isn't that dangerous?"

"Everything's dangerous."

"But, you could get arrested or worse."

"Those are the risks worth taking. It was nice talking to you Chelsey, hopefully, I'll see you in class."

"Good luck man!" Jeremiah yells as I walk away.

--

On the streets

Once I get back to campus, I get in my car after I pull out a wad of cash hidden in the trunk. Once I put my thumb on the pad, the car comes to life.

I take her out of the parking lot and I'm gone.

I roam the streets for a little bit, listening to Emerson. He reminds me of some of the old Ludacris songs. Really pumps me up.

After cruising around for a little while, I finally get the text. It's a location, an intersection. W. 48th St and Arlington just north of Inglewood. Doesn't take me long to get there.

As I roll up, the streets are packed full of people and cars. Music is blaring.

What the fuck? There's a fucking church on the corner of where we're racing. I'm not religious, but... that just doesn't seem right.

I pull up and park my car in an open spot and get out.

"Damn, this guy's rolling in a Shelby GT 500. " A guy says as he walks up to me in a black button shirt with charcoal grey dress pants and fancy-ass shoes. He looks so out of place here with his hair all slicked back. "Let me guess, 1967?"

"Yep," I say.

"Wonder if the driver is as good as the car..." he says almost to himself but loud enough for me to hear.

"Better," I tell him with confidence, puffing out my chest and holding my head high.

"Ha, I guess we'll see. Ez said someone with a car like yours was going to show up and race tonight."

"Aw, you came." Tall and sculpted to perfection with raven black hair that comes down past her shoulders and does well to hide her dark mysterious eyes. She's got on a black leather jacket with a red torn up shirt underneath. Her ripped up jeans are barely able to contain her thicc muscular legs. Even though she's cut with a noticeable 6 pack abs, she's not bulky at all. Lean with some bust hidden behind that red shirt of hers. Not a woman you could easily forget.

"Speak of the devil," the guy says.

"This is him. The boy with the nice car," she says with a tinge of a very hot Hispanic accent.

"So he's our tenth racer, I guess we'll see if he's got skills or just a fancy car," he says.

"I guess, we'll just have to find out, Bryce," she says.

He turns to me. "You got the cash?" he asks.

I pull out the roll of money and hold it up to him. "Yeah, right here."

"I say we up the odds," Ez says.

"And what do you propose?" I ask.

"You got a good look at my car the other day, right?"

"Yeah, you had a souped-up Mustang as well. Not a Shelby, but you definitely put some money into it."

"I don't think you've got what it takes to race with the adults. I'm willing to bet my car on it. What do you say? Willing to put your car on the line?"

"What happens if neither of us win?" I ask.

"Then the bet is void and we both get to keep our cars."

"Hmmm..." Her mustang is dope, there's no doubt about it. Its market value is probably nowhere near Eleanor's. Just the frame alone would probably cost more than her entire car.

"That is if you think you can beat me. Although I don't intend to lose. Especially to someone like you. A rich boy who probably had his daddy buy him a fancy car so he could feel cool," she says with a baby voice. Who does she think she is? Fuck it. There's no way I'm losing this race.

"Deal. When I win this race, your car is mine."

"Ha, good luck with that, little boy," she laughs.

"It's official then, the terms have been set and agreed upon. Winner takes the others car," Bryce says. "Well then, let's get this show on the road. Everyone else is ready. Pull your car up and get in line." He points over to the road.

I look where he's pointing, and it's at the back of the pack of 9 other cars. They're lined up in rows of 3.

I get in Eleanor, start her up and take my spot. Of the 9 other cars in front of me, all of which look modded, there's only a few that really stand out. Besides from Ez's mustang, there's a Chevy Camaro that has a rather large turbo mod. A Subaru STI that looks heavily modded. All of which are in the front row. Other than that, there's a stock Lamborghini Aventador, a Tesla Roadster, Mazda MX-5 Miata, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, Toyota Supra, and a Honda Civic.

Ez slowly walks past me, giving me a smirk. "Good luck little boy. I can't wait to collect my new car."

Ha... You're going to be the one giving me a new Mustang. Fuck me! Her ass is the definition of perfect. I can't take my eyes off it as she struts up to the front of the pack and gets in her car, while two other girls look over it. A Latina girl shuts the hood and gives her the thumbs up, while an Asian girl gets out of the passenger side with some kind of weird device and throws up the peace sign at her.

A black girl walks up and leans against the passenger side window of her car. Obviously, I can't make out what they're saying.

"Alright, ladies and gents. It's time for a show. Our beautiful assistants are going to give you a GPS with the coordinates to the finish line. How you get there is up to you. Anything goes. Watch out for pigs. If you don't lose them before you get the finish line, you don't win," Bryce says.

A sexy blonde in booty shorts walks up to me and hands me a GPS unit with the coordinates to a location 47 miles away. "Good luck," she says, giving me a wink before walking away.

"Yuki, will you do the honors?" Bryce asks. The Asian girl that was in Ez's car earlier gives him a nod. She grabs some device and heads over to the street light. Some guy opens the panel on the back of the crosswalk light and she hooks up some wires to it. "Let's get this show on the road, literally. When the light turns green, you're free to go. Time to ride or die."

Bryce walks off the road. Everyone starts up the cars if they haven't already. Engines are revved up.

This is it.

The anticipation just before it all happens is the worst.

My heart is pounding my chest, my hands are sweaty. I can feel the adrenaline pumping in my veins as I watch the intersection light as it shines bright red.

I take a deep breath and fill my lungs with air. All the noise deafens and the only thing matters is the road ahead of me.

I can't lose, especially with Charlie's car on the line. I won't let him down again.

The light turns yellow.

A lot goes through my mind in a split second. Fear of losing, the thrill of the chase, Victory.

Suddenly the light flashes green and everything goes blank but the squealing of tires on pavement.

At the last second, I notice Ez turn off to the left as I stick with the group. Does she know a shortcut? I better watch out.

The world around me turns into a blur as I accelerate past the Honda Civic and the Toyota Supra with ease.

The Mitsubishi swerves in front of me. I whip to the right of him and he cuts me off. I jerk left only to cut back as he overcompensates, giving me my break. Without another second, I buzz passed him.