Righting A Wrong

Story Info
She's his ex-wife's lawyer.
34.8k words
4.78
284.4k
1k
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JimBob44
JimBob44
5,033 Followers

*Author's Note: Any and all persons engaging in any sexual activity are at least eighteen years of age.

This is not a 'Stroke' story.

SPRING TRAINING

"What? You've never seen Christmas Vacation? Dude, that is just Un-American!" Troy Duvalier yelled at Russell Jones.

"Shut up," Russell laughed. "Flipping hate Christmas; why would I want to watch a stupid movie about it?"

"Man, how can you hate Christmas?" one of the boys milling about asked, eight year old face twisted in shock.

"Nothing but a bunch of getting your hopes all up then big disappointment," Russell admitted, smiling tightly.

The other coaches gathered around and they each dug out the scraps of paper Troy had prepared to see who would pick first, second, third, until all six teams were completed.

"Okay, Bears!" Russell yelled. "Let's give a big bear roar! We're going to kick some serious butt, right?"

The sixteen boys gave a half-hearted 'roar' and then trotted out to Practice Field One.

"Dude, I'm the pitcher; I was the pitcher for the Lions last year," Manny Gomez smugly told Russell.

"Dude, I'M the coach, not you. And my name is 'Coach Jones' not 'Dude,'" Russell told the boy. "Right now, you're just another booger eater until I put everyone where they need to go."

Manny glared raw hatred at the twenty six year old, then glared at all the boys that laughed when Russell called him a booger eater.

He made the boys get in a large circle and just practice tossing the ball back and forth, then added a second ball, going in the opposite direction. The addition of the second ball did trip a few of the boys up, including the still scowling Manny.

"No, no, white ball going this way, yellow ball going that way," Russell laughed.

"This is stupid!" Manny declared.

"There is a big difference between opinion and fact," Russell told the sullen boy. "Your opinion is that this is stupid. The fact is that this is good practice for building up teamwork."

An hour into the practice, an attractive woman, dressed in a skirt and matching jacket, bright red hair in a large bun, strode purposefully toward Russell.

"You," she demanded. "I want my son on your team."

"Teams have already been picked, ma'am; Russell said, not turning to look at the woman.

"He is just sitting there on a bench," the woman snapped. "At least all of your boys are doing something."

"Teams have already been picked, ma'am," Russell again stated. "You don't like the way his coach is coaching, take it up with that coach."

"No," the woman said firmly. "I want him on your team. Now."

"Hit the bricks, lady. Now," Russell said .

The woman gasped at the brusque way Russell dismissed her and strode off, sensible pumps slapping firmly against the dusty ground.

"Oo-wee, you pissed her off," one of the boys giggled, watching the woman's progress.

"Not my problem Russell said, face tight.

He hoped that was the end of his involvement with Penny Richards, but it was not. An hour into the next practice, she stormed onto his practice field, again dressed in business attire, red hair in large bun.

"I want..." she started.

"Beat it, lady," Russell said. "No one here cares what you want."

"Now you listen here," she shrilled.

"No! You listen here!" he yelled back. "This is not court! This is my practice field! Here? Here, I'm in charge, not you. So, beat it! Get off my field before I have you thrown off!"

"This is not over," she hissed before turning and storming off.

"Man, you don't like her, huh?" Scottie asked, smiling up at Russell.

"Nope, sure don't," he admitted.

Manny rebelled at being put on second base and purposefully dropped the three balls that were thrown to him, allowing the runner to get to base.

"Hey, Manny, you're not the pitcher," Russell told the now smirking boy. "So, unless you want to ride the bench while everyone else gets practice time, I suggest you get with it, got it?"

"Hey Coach Jones, here she comes again," Scottie told Russell before they could even begin their third practice.

"No, no, no, not just no, but hell no," Russell said before Penny even had a chance to start talking.

"But why?" she asked, almost crying. "He's just sitting there! That Troy guy won't even let him practice!"

"Not my problem lady," Russell said.

"Why?" Penny repeated. "Is it something...?"

"You damn right it's something you did," Russell yelled. "You damn right! Eleven months! For the last eleven months, I haven't got to see my kid but for maybe five minutes! My ex-wife's living in a house I'm paying for, with her home-boy lover, with my daughter sitting there, but I don't even get to have her overnight! Why? Because my bitch of an ex-wife got the biggest man-hating bitch in the world for a lawyer! Want to know who that was? It was you! So, ask me again if I care if your son just sits there or not!"

Penny stood , mouth open in shock.

"Come on, guys!" Russell yelled, clapping his hands to get their attention (he had their undivided attention thanks to the screaming outburst). "Scottie! You're on third! Michael, yes you, going to have to start calling y'all Michael One and Two? You're at shortstop!"

He hoped that it was over, that Penny Richards would leave him alone. It was not; she was waiting for him as he got out of his battered pick up truck.

"God, lady, you don't have anything better to do?" Russell snarled at her.

"My son wants to play baseball; his father's been telling him he was a big time baseball player back in the day and Lucas is dying to be a big time baseball player like his dad and all he's doing is just sitting on the bench," Penny said, tears freely pouring from her eyes. "I've seen the way you train; you don't just sit on the bench like all the other coaches. You're right in the middle, showing them what to do. Please, please, hate me if you have to, but please don't take it out on my son."

"Hate you? HATE YOU?" Russell laughed bitterly. "Oh no, Lady, I'd have to cut my thinking in half to just hate you. I fucking want you dead. I want you to die a thousand times."

Penny stared at him in shock.

"I had a happy family!" Russell screamed at her. "Yeah, maybe we were a little fucked up, but I was happy! I had a sweet little wife and a baby girl I just loved to death. Then she meets up with some Homey and all of a sudden, I'm being dragged into court and some fucking cunt's telling the judge I've got Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and I'm a danger to my wife and kid. Next thing I know, I have to be supervised just to see my own daughter!"

Russell took a deep breath, then abruptly turned and walked away.

"Thank God!" he said, turning back around. "Thank God Troy knows me! He knows I wouldn't hurt a fly! That's the only way I got this gig; Troy knows I could use the extra money. Your kid's unhappy? Well boo fucking hoo, bitch! 'Because I'm fucking miserable!"

ARMY TRAINING

Robert Jones managed Delphi's Diner; he had worked there from age sixteen, as a bus boy and dishwasher. Martha Jones was a legal secretary for attorney Kenneth Prejean. Together, they were happy; together they managed to have a beautiful bouncing boy, and a daughter.

Russell was the light of their life, but Melissa had special needs. She was afflicted with Down's syndrome and would most likely never be able to care for herself.

Every penny the Jones parents made went to Melissa's care. Russell did not begrudge his parents or his sister this; he had welcomed the role of 'big brother' from the moment Martha and Robert shared the news of her pregnancy. Just because Melissa would forever be a child was no reason not to be a big brother.

Graduation from Northside High School gave Russell few options. There was no money for college. But Martha and Robert made too much money for Russell to qualify for assistance. Martha's breast cancer had resulted in a double mastectomy; she survived but their credit was ruined.

So Russell joined the Army. Other than being a handsome young man with deep brown eyes and thick brown hair, standing at six foot two and packing one hundred and eighty nine pounds, Russell had no real talents or skills. So he was a grunt.

He was given a rifle and some ammunition and put on a plane and flown to a sandy pit of Hell.

In Iraq there was no way to identify who was a friend and who was a foe, until the bullets started flying. His platoon seemed to be an unlucky one; a lot of bullets seemed to fly their way.

But somehow Russell survived. Somehow he did not get shot on his first tour. So the Army decided to put him back in Iraq for a second tour.

He survived his second tour and rotated back to base. Since he was from Louisiana, the Army decided to base him in Oregon. He declined to re-enlist when his four years were up and flew back to Bender, Louisiana.

He may not have had any bullet or shrapnel wounds but he fought hard against the impulse to drive his truck down the middle of the road.

He could not leave his parents' house on trash day; the insurgents would often hide explosive devices in garbage piles.

Once, in Early's Grocery Store, a woman dropped a large jar of mayonnaise and it shattered with a loud 'pop.' Russell threw himself on the floor and screamed at everyone to 'Get down, get down, and get the fuck down now!'

The VA Hospital in Baton Rouge prescribed him some medication but Russell hated taking it. The pills made him feel like a zombie. True he didn't think about Iraq, or the dangers; Russell couldn't think of anything at all.

"Hey!" Lisa Brown yelled at him as he walked out of Truman Building, the Liberal Arts building on University of Louisiana at DeGarde campus.

"What?" he yelled back at the short girl.

Her dirty blonde hair was whacked severely short, as were her denim shorts. Her tee shirt didn't reach all the way down and her belly button kept peeking out under the hem.

"You know Carrie? Carrie Brown? She's my cousin and she's supposed to be here," Lisa demanded.

"Nope," Russell answered and continued walking.

"Hey!" Lisa yelled after him.

"What?" he yelled back.

"I didn't say you could go," Lisa said, smiling.

Her cousin never did show up, so Russell took Lisa to Clark's Drive-In for the lunch that Carrie was supposed to buy her.

"So, where to now?" Lisa asked, resting her head on Russell's upper arm. "You're too tall; you need to e at least a foot shorter."

"Foot shorter for what?" Russell asked her.

"So I can put my head on your shoulder," Lisa said.

"Well why don't you put your head on my lap?" Russell teased.

"Okay," Lisa said and did.

She then began playing with his balls, then running her small hand along his cock.

"Damn, that's a nice one," Lisa said and twisted around until her face was tightly pressed against Russell's crotch.

She sucked his cock right there, at Clark's Drive-In, until he spurted into her mouth.

"My momma's out right now; want to go back to my house?" Lisa asked.

"Sure," Russell weakly agreed.

Four more times, on Wednesdays, Lisa met him outside of Truman Building. Twice, Carrie Brown failed to show up, so Russell would take Lisa to Clark's Drive-In, then back to her mother's house for very energetic sex.

On the fifth Wednesday, Lisa wasn't smiling when Russell stepped out of the Truman Building.

"Guess fucking what," she said unhappily.

The twenty two year old did the right thing and married the eighteen year old girl.

Martha and Robert tried very hard to warm up to the shrill, vulgar Lisa. Lisa's mother did more than warm up to Russell; she flirted horrendously with her son in law.

"Fucking gives me the creeps; how you stand being around her?" Lisa complained about Melissa.

"She's my sister; I love her and she loves me," Russell explained.

"Fucking sick," Lisa declared. "You seen the way she was eating? Food all over her face? She's not getting anywhere near my baby, that's for sure."

ON THE JOB TRAINING

Russell was able to get financing and he and Lisa bought a cute little two bedroom, one bathroom house in between Kimble and Bender. The financing was done through his job with King Sanitation and Disposal.

During the day, he went to class, in the afternoon, he either napped, or made love with his wife, and then from eleven until seven, he patrolled the office and storage facility of King's. The waste disposal site itself was ten miles further north and paid three dollars more an hour, but Russell did not want to be too far away from Lisa in case of any complications and Lisa forbade him from working at the actual toxic waste site.

"My kids ain't glowing in the dark," she joked.

Her pregnancy was normal and her delivery was swift and Lisa gave birth to Katherine Lisa Jones.

"I wan' hold the baby," Melissa demanded.

Melissa's feeling were deeply hurt when Lisa refused to let Melissa hold the baby.

"Maybe when the baby's a little bigger," Russell tried to calm his sister.

When Katy was three months old, Lisa did relent and even she had to agree, Melissa took the responsibility of holding the baby very seriously. Melissa sat ramrod straight and clutched Katy to her chest and sang a nursery rhyme to her niece.

"How about that, huh? Aunt Melly? How about that?" Russell praised his sister.

"I love her so much," Melissa said to her sister in law.

"I can see that," Lisa grudgingly agreed.

Russell found that, not only did he have the responsibility of going to school, and of going to work, he also had the responsibility of caring for Katy and cleaning their house and doing yard work. During her pregnancy, Lisa had contributed little to housework or cooking but used her pregnancy as an excuse. Now, her excuse was 'exhaustion from caring for Katy all the time.'

"Damn it, Lisa; how long she's had a full diaper?" Russell complained.

"Must have just done it," Lisa claimed, not looking up from the talk show she was watching.

"Bull shit, Lisa; this is the same diaper I put on her this morning," Russell declared. "See? Right here; I wrote the time and date, right here. Same flipping diaper."

"Shit, just how fucking fucked up are you? Write the fucking time and date on a diaper?" Lisa shrilled.

Weekends, which should have been a time for Russell to relax and recharge were spent caring for Katy. Lisa would take off with her cousin Carrie the minute Russell's feet hit the doorstep of their home on Saturday morning, and sometimes wouldn't be seen until Sunday night. If Monday rolled around and Lisa was still with her cousin Carrie, Russell would bring Katy to his mother in law's house.

"Son, time for you to kick that girl's ass," his mother in law would say. "She ain't never going to wise up until you do."

This was said while she rubbed herself against him.

"Need to find you a real woman; one that'll treat you right."

The times he would bring Katy to his parents house, the few times he and Lisa would go out together, Melissa was told that she was the baby sitter, that caring for Katy was her job. Russell would promise Melissa two dollars for every hour she had to baby sit.

Upon their return, Russell would ask Melissa how long she watched the baby.

"Two hours," she would say.

"Okay, two dollars for each hour and you say it's been two hours, so how much is that?" Russell would ask.

"Two dollars," Melissa would demand.

Then he would give her four dollars, four dollars that would quickly be stuffed into her Snoopy bank.

After three years, ten months and seventeen days of marriage, Russell clocked in at his job and found a man waiting for him.

"You Russell Jones?" the man asked.

"Yes sir," Russell agreed.

"Russell Michael Jones?" the man pressed.

"Um, no, no, I'm Russell Robert Jones," Russell answered, puzzled.

"Thank you. You've been served. There's also a restraining order; please respect that, sir," the man said, almost sadly as he handed Russell a large envelope.

"Served? Served what?" Russell asked as he opened the envelope to find that Lisa had filed for divorce.

"Mental cruelty?" Russell sputtered.

He raced home after his shift. Lisa must have been expecting this; two Bender police officers were there within five minutes to enforce the restraining order.

"But I never..." Russell yelled.

"Sir, best thing you can do is get yourself a good lawyer," Deputy Orville Jackson suggested.

"But this is total bullshit!" Russell protested.

"I'm sure it is," Officer Steven Hebert agreed. "But it's not up to us, dude. Just do yourself a favor and get yourself a good lawyer, all right?"

If Russell was shocked by Lisa's abrupt decision to get a divorce, he was completely unprepared for the court proceedings.

Penny Richards batted her brown eyes at Sonny Lambert, flirted with him, making sure to thrust her ample backside in Sonny's direction. Then she ripped both lawyer and client to shreds in front of Judge Lori Duplantis.

Judge Lori Duplantis had a deep seated bitterness toward men and tended to lean more than heavily in favor of women plaintiffs. Even though he did know this, Sonny Lambert was ill-prepared to deal with a judge and a lawyer that were both predisposed to disembowel the male of the species.

"What?" Russell asked, flabbergasted. "I have to pay..."

He was ordered to pay the three hundred and eighty three dollars a month mortgage, plus eight hundred a month in child support, as well as six hundred a month in alimony.

The only highlight of the divorce was that Lisa would be responsible for her own lawyer's fees, even though Penny Richards had petitioned the court to have Russell pay that as well.

"Objection, your Honor!" Sonny Lambert had protested. "It is Lisa Jones that filed; she should bear that responsibility."

Judge Duplantis did grudgingly relent.

Custody of Katherine Lisa Jones was another farce; Russell's medical records from the VA Hospital were admitted and reviewed.* Judge Duplantis deemed that Russell may become a threat to the child and therefore his visitations would need to be supervised.

"What? But I'm the one that..." Russell sputtered, outraged.

Throughout it all, Lisa, Carrie, and an unnamed African-American male smirked and even laughed occasionally at Russell's consternation.

Russell had no choice but to drop out of college, twenty eight hours short of getting a Bachelor's degree in Special Education. He had hoped to help the Mellisas in the greater DeGarde area. He transferred to guarding the toxic waste disposal site; it paid three dollars more an hour.

"Ain't nothing like that office job," Garland Hebert assured him as Russell strapped on his nine millimeter hand gun. "Over there? Go months and months nothing happens. Over here? At least once a week, some dumb ass college punk wants to see what we got buried. Or some stupid ass bitch wants to handcuff themselves to the fence in protest of pollution and climate change."

"Oh boy," Russell said glumly.

MORE SPRING TRAINING

"Hey, Coach, your girlfriend's back," Michael One giggled as Penny strode toward Russell.

"Wow, I got me the way with the ladies, huh?" Russell said and stepped to intercept Penny.

"Look, I'm sorry if..." Penny started, trying to keep her voice level.

"One condition, lady, okay? One condition?" Russell said, holding up a finger.

"What?" Penny asked brown eyes wide with hope.

"I take your kid, this is the last time, and the very last time I ever have to see your face again, all right?" Russell yelled.

"Fine, fine," Penny agreed quickly.

"Manny!" Russell yelled. Come see."

"I mean, I'm going to be picking him up and of course I'll be going to the games and..." Penny continued.

"Yeah, Coach?" Manny asked, scuffling over from second base in a leisurely pace.

"I mean, this is the last time I'll ever have to hear your whining and pissing and moaning," Russell snapped at Penny.

JimBob44
JimBob44
5,033 Followers