Rising Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After that, her parents adopted him. They adored him and he loved them in return. His own parents had passed away years ago. He taught her brothers the ways of combat, and for some reason Ahma spent time bathing him after their exercise routines. That seemed strange, and she certainly couldn't figure it out with the commotion going on in her head.

They ate breakfast together, a small meal of dried meat and bread from the day before. The new bread rose by the stove. For some reason, her parents spent most of the meal going on and on about the mating rituals and beliefs of the Wingling people. Ahma would've ignored them completely, but she couldn't concentrate enough to stay focused in the first place.

One of her brothers, or maybe it was her father, suggested Ahma teach Methaniel to fly. No one seemed to think this was an absurd or impossible idea.

Ahma put her head on the table. Her mind felt ready to burst. Her mother rushed to her side, feeling her forehead. Ahma closed her eyes. When she opened them, everyone was gone.

She sat alone at a charred table, surrounded by the ruins of a long forsaken house.

A child once more, Ahma began to cry.

End Ch. 6

*

This chapter presented me with some challenges. I felt a lot of things needed to happen for our heroes to realistically prepare for this journey, but those kinda things are rarely as interesting as the journey itself. I struggled some to try and make it interesting. I also had a lot of ideas and thoughts for this chapter that were scrapped, and a lot that were added or modified.

All comments questions or critiques should be sent to the address in my profile.