Rising Tide: CATU Book 3 Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Believe me Samantha, there is a difference between demons, just as there is one between humans. Now please have a seat," she motions for the bench across from herself, "it will be several hours before we reach our destination."

"Fine," Sam pouts as she sits. She is relieved to sit and take off some of the weight from her shoulders, but outwardly she keeps her facade the same.

"Thank you," replies Talilith. She is happy to see Sam finally sit down.

Why do humans pace? It's so damn annoying, like lost ants only a foot away from the anthill.

Talilith remains smiling the entire time, which makes Sam uneasy throughout the conversation.

"So, since you claim my mother was a demon," she pauses putting a smirk on her face, "I'm sorry aDjinn, then what does that make me?"

Talilith is prepared for this line of questioning and the outrage Sam will have, but she isn't prepared to endure the prolonged sarcasm and attitude Sam is putting on for show. It was time to play her game. She sighs then answers the question. "You are technically halfDjinn, or as you would probably say half demon. You are considered to be a halfling or since you are female, aMarid."

"And if I was male?" Sam asks, a bit more curious than she wanted to be.

"You would be aGhoul."

"Isn't that some kind of zombie?"

This promotes a laugh from Talilith. "You humans never cease to amaze me. Demons are so integrated with you humans, you don't even realize it. There's a whole other world, which most of you don't know exist."

"So if this other world exists, why do you want to fightWinter, especially if they are your own kind?" Sam questions.

Talilith lets the comment slip by. Now is not the time to get angry over such an obvious difference of race. "Because like you humans, demons vie for power. Every demon is different from each other. There is a hierarchy and depending on what race of demon you are determines your power. But," she pauses letting the information sink in, "power can be gained other ways. There is always someone higher than you and for me it's Maltaus."

"Yeah, I know that bastard well," Sam says with disgust, as if saying his name brought a bad taste to her mouth.

"And if you don't except my help, it is a name you'll hear about more often than not."

"What do you mean?" asks Sam.

"The Council orWinter, is awaiting the release of Avyanna, aDemon Lordthat has been imprisoned for over four millennia. When she is released, all demons will be united under a single leader."

"How can we stop her release?" Sam asks. She is worried about what may happen.

"We can't," Talilith says grimly.

"But we can slow it from happening," Sam states.

Good, right where I need you. On my side.

"Exactly. I don't serve a master and I have no plans to do so. I therefore need your help to not only delay Avyanna's return, but more importantly, get revenge for your mother."

"It seems we have a mutual destination and I don't have any other choice but to trust you."

"No my dear, you don't."

——

Thisis preposterous!" Senator David Rustlin screams over the phone.

"Calm down Senator," FBI Director Todd Nichols says calmly. "Like I told you last night, I can't help you if you are going to be irate."

"I'm not irate. My house was broke into, my computer is fried and your agents are making a mess of my house and going through my private belongings!"

"Senator, my agents are only doing their job.Youare the one that insisted we cover the crime scene and not the local police."

"Yes, because it was a CATU agent that broke in and since the FBI is investigating them, it's only natural you investigate!"

The senator is on the verge of throwing the phone and personally walking into Nichols' office and giving him a piece of his mind. As it was, Rustlin had to stay home and make sure the FBI didn't get into anything they weren't supposed to.

"There isn't any evidence a CATU agent was invol—"

"Then who the hell else could it have been?" Rustlin asks interrupting Nichols.

"Look Senator, I appreciate your candor, but this is an investigation by the FBI and we will handle it. Just please step aside so my agents can do their job and we'll be out of your hair as soon as possible."

"Fine Director, but I expect answers and quickly. Since I'm obviously in danger, I also expect some kind of protection," Rustlin demands.

"I'll see what I can do Senator," he replies. The phone goes dead. Director Nichols sighs as he pushes a button on his intercom. "I need the files on all the missing CATU agents," he says.

"Right away, sir."

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

The Sixth School Ch. 001 A new beginning...in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Welldark B2 Ch. 00 Prologue A typical morning with Estherin Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Home for Horny Monsters Ch. 001 Mike inherits an old house. There's a nymph in the tub!in NonHuman
A Dragon's Tale Ch. 01 An accident + magic = a man's mind in a dragon's body.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Quaranteam - North West Ch. 01-04 Pandemic Survivors, Harems and the Pacific North West.in Mind Control
More Stories