Rock Star Ch. 01

Story Info
Rock Star is born.
2.3k words
4.52
21.9k
18

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 04/12/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JakesZA
JakesZA
57 Followers

Tyler slowly opened his eyes, allowing them to adjust to the darkness around him. Normally a College student would not be up this early, but today was a special day, today his leg braces comes off. Like Forrest Gump, the name he hated with a passion, today he was going to be set free. He quickly jumped under the shower, his stomach making weird noises as he showered; he was so hungry he could eat a horse. The last meal he ate was yesterday about twelve-o-clock, but the doctor warned him not to eat anything after that time, and Tyler wasn't going to take any chances. Compared to his heavily muscled upper body, his legs looked frail and sickly, but that's what three years with leg brace implants will do to a man's body. Taylor finished his shower, dressed, and rushed downstairs, if you can call walking with braces and crutches rushing.

His mom was busy drinking coffee, and looked up smiling as he entered the kitchen, "today is the big day hmm."

Taylor smiled, "morning mom, yeah finally."

Her smile turned into a motherly frown of concern, "you do know that it will still take a while before you can run around and walk without crutches."

"I know mom, relax... I'm not expecting miracles."

His mother looked at his clothes, her frown growing bigger. "Taylor do you really need to dress like a vampire, and take out the earrings."

He just smiled at her; she has been calling him a vampire for the past three years, ever since the accident. "I forgot about the earrings, but the vampire costume stays, okay."

"They are probably going to hide all the blood bags the moment you step into that hospital," she mumbled while walking away towards the front door.

Taylor laughed and followed her outside to the car. The four-bedroom house is situated two miles from Casper College, where he and his sister attended, and the hospital five miles in the other direction, so it's only a five-minute drive. By the time he reached the car, his mother had the engine running, he must be there by six, but since it was only half past five, they had lots of time. At the hospital signing in went quickly and without any hassles, they were expecting him. Taylor smiled thinking about what the doctor and operating nurses would say once he lay on the operating table. Yesterday he shaved his balls, he did not need to, but he thought it would be great watching the nurse's reactions when they opened his hospital gown.

Everyone was friendly, and in no time at all, a heavily drugged Taylor was pushed into the operating room. The past three years weren't happy years for the Miles family. A truck, while on their way back from an athletics meet in an adjacent state hit Taylor and his father's vehicle. His father died instantly, while Taylor's legs were crushed in the accident. He sustained some other injuries, but they were minor compared to the damage to his legs, and dreams. At seventeen years of age, Taylor was what the sports world called, the great white hype. He was America's new and upcoming hundred-meter sprint champion, the golden boy who was going to break the hold the Jamaicans had on this event.

The accident changed all that, and he went from hero to zero in less than a month. First, the newspapers blamed the truck driver, and then they switched the blame to his dead father. His sponsors provided transport, but Taylor's dad insisted on driving his son to the closer athletic meet's himself; it was a great bonding experience for father and son. With his busy school life, his dad's working hours, it was their time. The newspapers called his father reckless, driving his son around in a car that was build in 1965, a Ford roadster Taylor and his dad spent many hours restoring. They called the car unsafe, and then went on further to say that his father might have been intoxicated, after the waiter who served them food on the way home, remembered his father drinking beer. His father was a big man, and two beers never fazed him in his life, but the reporters did not think so.

The doctors did what they could do for his crushed legs, but in the end the only option left open to them, was insert steal rods into his upper and lower leg bones. This procedure allowed the bones to grow, heal and support his weight. The steel rods were attached to each other by steel wires, which could be adjusted and tightened as his bones healed. It was a long process, but after a few years, his Femur, Tibia and Fibula bones would be strong enough to support him for the rest of his life. Taylor returned to school after two months, but the school jock who once had everything, was now just a cripple with no future. Golden boy became 'Forrest Gump' to everyone, his old friends and girlfriends dumped him, Taylor wasn't cool any more.

The last two years of high school was miserable ones for the Miles family. Laura defended her brother when other kids picked on him, which did not help her popularity, but she grinned and bared it. His mother had to start working after almost fifteen years of playing homemaker, so allot changed. Taylor's medical bills were paid for after the accident, but his continuing physiotherapy and other medical expenditures, were not covered. His father's life insurance helped a lot, but it would not be enough for everything, so his mother went back to work as a real estate agent. Taylor had to use his brain instead of his athletic ability to get into college, and without friends or a social life, the only thing he had left was his musical abilities.

With the extra car, quads and other stuff not needed anymore, most of the garage was turned into a gym and musical room. Taylor had to exercise his body daily, even more vigorously than before, to handle the strain his lower body placed on him. His favorite musical instrument was his Fender electrical guitar, so while everyone else was out enjoying life, he played, sang, and wrote songs. His sister played the keyboard quite efficiently, and helped him with the music for his songs. Her having any musical talent was bizarre, since they were both adopted as babies, from two different adoption agencies. His parents adopted two children who was the same age, so that they can grow up together.

Two days after finishing high school, the Miles family moved to Casper in Wyoming, so that they could attend college there. Taylor was going to study engineering, and Laura media and communication. The three-bedroom double storey house only had a one-car garage, but the basement was bigger than their old garage, so that was turned into a gym and music studio. The location under the ground, kept the sound to a minimum, and the neighbors away. Laura and Taylor got a car, an old Jeep, but it was big enough for Taylor to sit comfortably in front with his leg braces. Laura became the designated driver, and when not needed to drive Taylor around to and from college, the old Jeep served as the local party taxi to her and her friends. College life suited both of them, Laura the party animal did not have to defend her brother all the time, and Taylor gained anonymity among the thousands of teenagers attending the college. To them he was just another cripple, all dressed in black. The name Forrest stuck though, and would be used whenever he got into the way of a student late for his next class.

Laura tried her best to get Taylor out of the house, and found many willing young girls to go on dates with him. The dates went well after first introductions, but once the logistics of the situation became clear, the dates ended shortly. He could not go and pick them up without getting a ride from Laura, and he wasn't able to dance, drink or party with them on his own for that matter. The only dates he could attend, was when they went as a group, and then mostly he had to sit in the back, watching everyone enjoying themselves, while he was stuck at a table. Taylor went on a few dates to placate his sister, but in the end, he withdrew back to his basement. Although she never stopped trying to set him up on dates, Laura and his favorite time together, was spent in the basement.

Laura loved hearing him sing and play his guitar, and she would always tell him that if he joined a band, he would become famous and rich. Taylor knew he had an okay voice, but he knows that to his own ears, it sounded nice, but doesn't every second person on earth think so? They were always arguing about him not trying out for bands when positions were advertised, but Taylor's hang-up about his legs, and his fear of placing himself in a situation where others might ridicule him again, was stronger than any argument she could come up with. Fifty percent of Wyoming liked country music, and the other music genre's has to share the rest, so there wasn't many rock bands looking for talent, but their was allot of talent looking for bands.

In the month of June of their first college year, and after a huge argument with Laura, she persuaded him to try out for a band that needed a lead guitarist. The auditions were held at a local pub during the week, so he and Laura went and gave it a try. Luckily, there weren't many people around, only a few early afternoon punters and the twenty or so hopefuls. Taylor thought that he sounded much better than the other tryouts, a fact which was confirmed by the band leader later, but when he told them, "we need someone more mobile," Laura replied with, "you actually need to go fuck yourself," so that was the end of that. Two days later a guy named Frank arrived at their house, he said he heard Taylor play during the audition, and that Taylor plays a guitar better than anyone he has ever known, will Taylor join their band?"

Frank's band is called Grudge, and they mostly play at pubs in and around Casper. Their main audience consists of students, who like listening to loud music while they get wasted. They played anything from AC/DC to Metallica, and needed a lead guitarist. Their singer Paul normally handles the lead guitarist job, but compared to Taylor, he sounded like a beginner. The band consisted of Frank on drums, Mike on keyboard, Shawn played the bass guitar, and Paul the vocalist and lead guitarist. Frank wasn't fazed by any of Taylor's hang-ups, the band wanted him, and nothing Taylor argued about was a problem big enough to solve. Taylor was going to sit next to the drums, at the back of any stage, with speakers or whatever he wanted to hide his legs. They did not need a guy jumping around on stage; they wanted a talented guitarist, someone that can play any song just as good as the original.

It took a few gigs, but Taylor became comfortable with his role as lead guitarist. He stuck to the shadows, hiding behind his long hair and musical equipment, and was always on and off the stage without drawing too much attention to himself. Laura was ecstatic with joy, and his biggest supporter, but Taylor warned her right from the start. No drawing attention to him, no interfering, and no bringing girls around to introduce to her brother the rocker. If she wanted too, she can come and listen, but that's it, any of her usual tactics, and he will go back to his basement. She not only attended every gig, she drove him to every band practice, so it was no surprise that before long everyone accepted her as one of the band. With Taylor's sound in the band, the students actually began listening to what the band played, and stopped treating them as background music to their jollying.

People started to go to clubs, and pubs where Grudge played, which made the band members happy, and the owners of these premises take notice. Laura being Laura, just could not help herself, and when Frank asked Taylor about his songs, he knew who was behind it. They tried out a few songs, and after adjusting the pitch and tone for Paul's voice, they tested it on the audience, and it was instant success. Since most of his songs were written with both him and Laura singing it, Frank found them a backing vocalist, in the form of a very hot twenty two year old rock chick called Jenny. She took an instant interest in Taylor, and right off the bat, began flirting and teasing him endlessly. With Jenny in the band, male students suddenly had a reason to follow the band as well, so things only got better and better.

Laura and Jenny became instant friends, and Jenny was more at their house, than her own little student apartment. Taylor was happy for the first time in years, but old habits die hard, and nothing Jenny, Laura or the band members could say, would make him stay and party with them after their gigs. As soon as they finished playing for the night, someone always drove him home, except for a very few occasions. In August the Orthopedic in charge of his case at the local hospital gave him the best news of his life, his leg bones has recovered sufficiently for them to remove the braces. At the end of October, they would surgically remove the steel rods, and then after a few months with removable braces this time, he would be normal like everyone else.

JakesZA
JakesZA
57 Followers