Romance in Red

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Did I?

"There's undeniably something going on? I don't think you're a man whose lost control at all. If that were the case than I'm a traveler on the same highway to crazy town."

Whatever this is, it's constantly in motion and changes second by second. Was I second-sighted when I said I waiting for you? As strange as that sounds, stranger things happen every day.

"You're feeling it too, accept it."

John was serious and as crazy as this sounds I did accept it, I welcomed it.

"I'm going to kiss you now."

This time his kiss was deep and sensual. His hands roamed over my body, touching, feeling and moving self-assuredly. When he held me close to his body like this the craving was strong. We could feel the passion. Was the passion what we wanted to touch or was it more than that?

"You look good enough to eat! But ... we're having lobster for lunch! Let's go before I lose control and have you instead!" He laughed but I could sense the struggle, I felt it too.

"I see the want in your eyes Eli. That's the look that drives me crazy. We're not giving in. Not yet anyway. We know where we're going with this and I'm sure if I held you close you wouldn't tell me no. You feel so soft ... look so pretty ... but ... I have plans. So, let's get going before we give in to lust!"

"Ahhh ... a strategic plot? I've never known a man who has such self-control? It's exciting! You may not realize what you're doing ... but then ... you may know exactly what you're doing? Hmmm ... you said plans? Give me a hint?"

"Ask me nicely?"

He was thrilling me.

"No. I suddenly think that a surprise plan of attack would do ... how did you say it ... nicely?"

"Precisely. Be prepared to be swept off your pretty feet! Listen, today is Friday and tomorrow is Valentine's Day. We're having dinner together. I'll pick you up at six. Don't ask any questions, I'm keeping my plans clandestine."

"Well at least tell me what to wear? Casual? Formal?" That's a woman for you. A man tells her that she has no choice in the matter and all she thinks about is what to wear? I was thinking a multitude of thoughts, but each one was clouded by the man standing in front of me. I was tumbling and loving the fall.

"I'll leave that up to you. I will say that the destination is romantic. Very private and romantic. Now let's get going, I'm starving!"

We drove to the coast and talked non-stop. I wished there were old fashioned bench seats in his Jeep, I would have nestled up against him. Oh, we managed to ignite a slow burning desire. There were sensual touches here ... and there. Suggestive whispers, and the thrill of uninhibited seduction, uncontrolled enticement was running rampant. It wasn't so much what we said but what we didn't say that took the craving to a whole diverse level of want.

Gorging on lobster was a give in. Once our epicurean appetite was satisfied we nourished the deeper hunger, the desire that was smoldering. We walked along the beach, stopping for passionate kisses, held hands, laughed and played on the beach like kids chasing each other around a playground. If anyone saw us they would have believed, we were two people who'd been together for years and still very much in love. Was it? Was this ... love?

By the time, we got back, it was close to nine. As many times, as I tried to pry some small details out of John he just held fast and wouldn't give a clue. It was fun and I thought that this was what every woman dreams about.

"I'm not coming in, I won't leave. So, be ready at six on the dot. Thank you for a wonderful day Eli. There are going to be so many more ahead of us. I want nothing more than to hold you and whisper in your ear sweet nothings. I have so many things to say, thoughts that I want you to hear. Now kiss me and get a good night's sleep."

Yes, one kiss led to another and another. This time it was me who pulled back and had to fight every urge in me to have him stay. Something worth having is something worth waiting for. Moving in silent resignation, wanting to stay, knowing he should leave, he did.

I climbed into my empty bed. I laid there thinking about the men in my past. The counsel my poor head was giving me in between thoughts of what was and what could be was constant ... it was also reassuring and confident. I was loving the feeling of love, I love. Pondering ... love ... is it just a word? I drifted into my dreams and floated in the clouds.

When I woke up it was a dreamy, sweet, slow emerging from a night spent twirling among the stars. Lying there I couldn't stop smiling. I knew tonight was going to be very special. It was Valentine's Day! This evening called for red, inside and out. Sensual seduction was in the air. Romantic and private ... that's what he whispered.

I spent the day dwelling in the arms of erotic images. How many times did my mind lose track of my thoughts? Many ... so many. How often did I imagine him touching me? Did I feel my body trembling sensing his intimate traces? My desire building, so eager and willing to fall into the fire. I was surrendering to the wicked depravity of lust ... or was it sensual seductive love?

At four I slipped into a bubble bath. I had to fight with myself not to take the edge off. My body was craving, wanting that sweet release. A woman alone appreciates how to illicit the pleasure she needs. I knew where that bliss would be found and I was more than willing to wait for it.

As I brushed my long silky auburn hair I realized it was always up when I was with John. This night called for something a bit more dramatic ... "in his arms, she fell as her hair came down" ...

I took my time dressing, relishing the sureness in each piece of lingerie. My joy was complete with simple touches here and there that finished in exactly the vision I wanted to offer to his eyes. Would I entice a stirring to his senses and a sinful torturing of his desire? The image in my mirror was filled with a self-assured reflection. Ohhh yesss Eliana, you'll feed his every craving in a sensuous tempting display of the delicacies that wait for him to taste. Silk and lace, creamy soft skin, suppleness in all the right places ... yes ... I could tempt and draw this man into gluttony.

I was ready and waiting by the door by 5:58PM, two minutes to spare. "punctuality denotes interest" Precisely at 6:00PM a car pulled into the driveway. Not a Jeep?

I couldn't see inside the car; the windows were tinted and dark. The driver's door opened and what I expected was not what I saw. A man stepped out and closed the door. I realized it wasn't John. He stepped back and opened the rear door. John stepped out and he took me completely off my feet.

I had only seen him in jeans and plaid. Tonight, he was dressed in black. The silver in his hair almost glowed. This was not the same man I left barely twenty-four hours ago, this man was so polished and yes ... exceedingly handsome.

I waited for him to ring the bell. I opened the door and I'm not sure who gasped first.

"My God! You look beautiful Eliana!" John stepped back and took my hand twirling me around to get the full effect no doubt.

"Every curve, every nuance perfect! I had no idea that you kept this in your closet?"

"I didn't. I did some shopping today. You specified "Romantic" ... I think this fits the bill?"

My dress was deep red, silk shimmered flowing over my body accentuating my curves. The neckline had a deep vee, highlighting the swell of my breasts and the warm valley between. Long sleeves finished in a point over my wrists. The bodice was form fitting, and the skirt opened just above my knees, falling gracefully to the floor. The gentleman would have a clear view of my legs, and the strappy thin black heels. Finished with black silk stockings I achieved the comely "take me at your own risk" look.

"Eliana, you take elegance to another dimension. I'm speechless!"

"John, you're quite the handsome man in your black suit. Daring red shirt, a few buttons left open for effect? I had no idea you kept this in your closet?"

"Touché" There was nothing left to say. John drew me close and his lips touched mine in a burst of brilliant sensual passion. Stepping back, he sighed ... so did I.

His smile was priceless. His soft kiss ... precious.

"Alright lovely lady, your chariot awaits!" He took the black lace shawl from my hand and draped it over my shoulders. We walked out hand in hand to the car. It was a gleaming black limousine complete with chauffeur.

"Good evening Miss." The young man smiled, opened the door and the scent of roses wafted through the air. I stepped inside and there were red rose petals covering the floor.

John got in beside me and the chauffeur quietly closed the door. Soft romantic music was all around me. The car pulled out of the driveway and I felt like a princess, my prince charming beside me whisking me away in a magical carriage to the fairy tale land of forever more.

Between the driver and our seating area was the customary privacy window, rolled up tight. There was a small lighted bar in front of us. John lifted a bottle from a silver urn and poured Champagne into glistening crystal flutes with slices of strawberries. I was sitting there with my mouth open just trying to take it all in.

"The professor in me wants you to grasp the significance of each detail I present to this woman who enchants me. Crystal flutes, clarity in my intentions. Champagne the effervesce of my joy, the bubbles always make me think angels are tickling my nose. And the succulent sweet slices of strawberries. Did you know that one strawberry has at least a thousand seeds? That's the number of kisses I want to give to you."

I didn't know if all these beautiful sentiments were folklore or the heartfelt expressions of a man who cared and felt so much. It didn't matter where the words or thoughts came from. This man was stealing what was left of my heart with every word he softly spoke.

"This is just the beginning. Valentine's Day is meant to inspire romance and I'm pulling out every trick in the spell book of potions and magic. My hope is that by the end of this evening you'll know what enraptured feels like. Eliana, grace and elegance have taken a back seat to you tonight and I'm a very honored man."

John handed me a single thorn less long stemmed red rose, nestled in creamy wisps of baby's breath, a white satin ribbon tied in a soft cascading bow.

"There's nothing secret about the red rose's symbolism of love. Valentine's Day could barely breathe without this beautiful and dramatic flower. The ultimate symbol of romantic love and lasting passion. The red rose also conveys respect and the enduring spirit of harmony. The baby's breath, the stars in your eyes. A thorn less stem signifies a yearning deeper than the ache of piercing thorns. A white satin ribbon flowing down the naked stem speaks to the purity of purpose in the heart of the giver."

With each word, I felt goosebumps popping up over my skin and a beautiful shiver in my body. My eyes were filling with tears of amazement and sincere profound joy. I wanted to speak and couldn't find my voice.

"This is for you. I saw it and knew you had to have it."

He handed me a small box, shimmering white tied with a red satin ribbon.

"It's too pretty to open." My hands were shaking ... I was overwhelmed by his adoring eyes.

I untied the ribbon and lifted the top to see sparkling tissue paper. Carefully unfolding the cloud of white I saw a small crystal angel, with green eyes.

"The proprietor of the shop told me she's an antique. I saw the fire in her eyes and I see that same blaze now, considering the most mesmerizing pools of clear deep green in the eyes of the Angel who has captured my heart."

How do you express joy? What do you say to tell a man that he's faultless? Where do you begin? When does the heart fall? Who has that capacity to express every emotion you're feeling? You don't try. You simply breathe ... and let the tears of joy begin to fall.

"John, smiles can be given to anyone. Joyful tears fall for the one who holds my heart in the palm of his hand. I'm speechless ... because I'm breathless.

"Seems fair since you take my breath away every time I look at you."

Cupid was hovering above us letting lose a flurry of arrows and every one was hitting his intended targets. Silence takes over saying all we need to say. My heart was giving every indication that by the time this night was over the stars would be shinning on two lovers in love. When the morning came, it would find us in a love that was fated.

This man looking at me with those soft brown eyes was extraordinary in a world of commonplace. What would you give to have one night of wonderful instead of a lifetime of nothing special? What would you give to have a lifetime of wonderful? You'd give your heart, body and soul.

His hand held mine. We didn't say a word to each other. I laid my head on his shoulder and felt the passion in my mind and body rising. Fairy tales, princes and happily ever after. Was this how it begins?

The car turned down a dark road. In the distance, I could see lights. I recognized the landscape, rolling hills and a forest of towering pine trees shooting up to the sky that was filled with stars. We were on Lake Hill Road, it took you to the lakefront. As we got closer the trees unveiled a house. Turning down a narrow road a magnificent log home appeared in the mirror calm of the lake.

"I promised you romantic and private."

The house sat high on a ridge overlooking the lake. Yes, straight out of a romance novel.

"This is the house I built. Welcome Eliana."

The car came to a slow stop and John got out. The driver came around and opened my door. My prince was standing there and took my hand. I stepped out into the night and truly felt and believed I was in paradise.

A magnificent star studded midnight blue sky was the backdrop to this castle on the hill. Deep rich amber logs glistened and gleamed in the moonlight as we walked up the path. Warm soft fairy lights framed the door. Magically, it opened and a young man in a white jacket and black bow tie was standing aside smiling a sincere welcome.

"Good evening Miss MacMillan, Mr. Shelton."

"Good evening Timothy, is everything ready?"

Ready? Everything?

"Yes sir, we're ready."

The house wrapped me in awe. A great room with ceilings that soared above us. The far wall was studded in stone with a hearth that would rival any ancient castle. A blazing fire, the flames dancing and swaying in reds, golds, blues and greens, casting shadows across the room in images of ethereal lovers writhing in an orgy of delirious desire.

John took my hand and felt it trembling. "I knew you'd feel this way."

"It takes my breath away." I couldn't take it all in at once. The room was enormous, with small groupings of furniture that beckoned, seduced you to sit down and look out over the lake.

"Let's sit down."

We walked what felt like a mile into the middle of the heart of this home.

A round intimate table sat facing a wall of glass that looked out over the water. I can honestly say that I couldn't feel the floor beneath my feet, I was floating on the music that gently echoed whispered words of love.

There were elves and fairies afoot casting a magical spell. Crisp white linen, opalescent china, cut crystal stemware, gleaming silver flatware and long stemmed roses dripping with dew huddled in a bouquet centered on the table. The flaming glow of candles, tiny moonbeams of light fluttered and drifted across the glass wall like firefly's.

"When? How?" My mind was filled with the incredible exquisiteness my eyes devoured.

"The when and how will never compare to the why? I want to give you magic and wonder, the same magic and wonder I've felt since we met. I'm sensing a new beginning, having a second chance to capture joy. If you'd like to sit down to dinner my sweet Eliana?"

John pulled out my chair and literally had to place me in it. Smiling he sat down and the fairies magic spell continued to weave enchantment.

Timothy popped the cork on a bottle of Dom Perignon Rose and dropped a sugar cube in each flute before pouring. "Sweetens the finish" I believe he said.

"Here's to Valentine's Day cards." John smiled and kissed my hand. We raised our glasses and I giggled when we heard the crystal chant. I was slowly coming down from my carpet ride through the heavenly clouds.

"You said private and romantic. I could have never imagined anything so wonderful. Your home is stunningly beautiful. The perfect man beside me, the car, the gift, the table, the roses, the ... everything!"

"Remember I told you I couldn't sleep that first night we met. Well, I had a whole night to plan exactly what I wanted to do. It was easy with you as my muse ... and the internet.'

Timothy brought several dishes to the table. I didn't know what to have first, each one was more luscious than the next.

"Thank you, Timothy, everything looks amazing, I'm sure it will be a gastronomic feast of mega proportion. Timothy and his staff have been here almost all day putting this together for us."

"It was our pleasure Mr. Shelton. If I may add? Miss MacMillan, you are the consummate, quintessential vision of every man's perfect Valentine."

"That was not scripted by me, however, I couldn't agree more. You are a man's vision of loveliness and I thank you Timothy for your perfect observation. I'm a little envious that I didn't say it first." He was smiling and so happy. I couldn't believe this man did all this.

"Thank you, Timothy, for your gracious compliments. I'm a very blessed woman. My perfect man, sitting here beside me. This evening is every woman's dream come true. You've provided the perfect dinner I'm sure. Thank you so very much." I knew I was speaking, I heard my voice but had no idea how to convey the myriad of thoughts swirling around in my head.

"Please enjoy your evening. We're ready to go if there's nothing else you require Mr. Shelton?"

"You have surpassed every expectation tenfold. And I wholeheartedly concur, Eliana is my perfect Valentine, thank you for making me look like a magician. Please extend our appreciations to your staff Timothy."

"I will do that sir. Once again have a magical evening!"

And Timothy and his staff of elves quietly vanished. John and I were alone in this glorious house, a table fit for a King and his Queen before us. I had a sudden urge that I couldn't ignore or control. I got up and sat on John's lap. Put my arms around his neck and kissed him, passionately, deeply and with growing adoration. It felt changed and we both felt sensed it.

"Eli, there's something I want to say. I was so sure of every step I took. I didn't think there was very much I was missing. I never thought there were other roads to travel. I had convinced myself that there was nothing or no one I needed. How in the world did it take me all this time to see that there was more? Because I was waiting for you. I've missed this feeling. I've been letting life pass me by. Now that I've found you how could I ever let you go Eli?"

"I ...

"Just so you know, I have no intentions of letting you go. Now, don't be frightened. We're both adults and considered reasonable and intelligent. Having said that, I firmly believe in things happening for a reason. This night has been beautiful and equally as strange."

I looked at this man I'd only just met and smiled. Were some things destined?

"Without sounding like I've completely lost my senses I want to tell you something that I've been thinking about. Since the first moment I saw you I had a feeling. Seeing you sitting across from me sipping your tea I couldn't stop this feeling."

"I'm asking you nicely professor." I wanted to hear every single word, know every thought, memorize every expression.