Romeo's Lament Ch. 04

Story Info
Answers revealed.
1.3k words
4.5
4.6k
00

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 11/17/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The cadence and din of battle was fresh and pulsing as Folkvar arose from the earth and found himself shrouded in mists. He could no longer feel the pang of physical exertion in his muscles but the rush of his blood still sung in his veins. In the distance he saw a rider coming out of the haze, he quickly saw that the rider was distinctly female though it was impossible to see her clearly. Her body was shuffled ever closer by the trot of her steed and every time a new shaft of light hit her she appeared different, as if all at once she was; blonde, brunette, redheaded, raven-haired, slim, athletic, voluptuous, and always beautiful.

When she reached his side and leaned down to take his hand he recognized her as one of Freya's Valkyrie, who usher the fallen from the battlefield to Valhalla, Folkvar took her hand without fear and rode with her through the mists and over a multicolored bridge in the sky.

He had fallen as Gudrun had fallen, at the point of battle heated steel and now he would be reunited with his wife in Odin's hall. The splendor of the golden hall laid spread out before him like the richest of battle camps. Warriors from every Nordic shore hefted and played with the finest weapons ever held by god or man. Horns of mead slaked the thirsts of combatants that died at each other's hands but now stood as brothers under Odin's banner.

At a far end of the hall, Folkvar saw the unmistakable beauty of his lost love being lead away by a flock of Valkyrie. He broke into a full sprint but was halted by the crossed spears of two who held him back while the others vanished with Gudrun around and unseen corner.

"What madness is this? Step aside or be moved by force." Before he had a moment to act or think on his threat, the Valkyrie where replaced by a man of towering iron muscle, a full mane of hair and beard and one piercing eye.

There could be no doubt that Folkvar stood before the All-father, Odin himself. Though his rage was cooled by the honor of facing his god, Folkvar held his ground and his conviction. "All-father, my wife..."

"Has proven herself most valiantly on the battlefield this day and has been selected to join the ranks of Freya's Valkyrie"

"No! I avenged her death and followed her across the rainbow bridge in like valor; she must be mine in Valhalla as she was in Midgard. By right or by steel I must have her." The passion in his heart outweighed any reverence or caution as he pressed forward with his hand fast apon the handle of his sword.

Odin's grip on his fabled spear tightened and his eye peered deep into the soul of this Norseman who dared to challenge him. "I rule the halls of Valhalla...you would do wise to remember that" Folkvar gave no ground but braced his stance. at this the All-father smiled and clasped his open hand on the shoulder of the Viking.

"Your heart and your spirit honor the love that you shared but this is another life and her path has veered differently than yours."

A terrible weight pulled his heart from his chest and tears of rage welled at his eyes. "Then send us back, return us to Midgard for the chance to find each other again."

A grin stole across the war-god's face "What if she does not share your wish to be reborn?"

"Let me ask her, All-father. If I cannot convince her to go with me then you may return me to the mortal realm on my own where I will have a chance to forget what I will have lost."

The wargod stepped aside and Folkvar rushed after the Valkyrie to reclaim his love and in his haste, the Viking did not see the god's grim smirk as he as he allowed him to pass.

As he laid hands upon Gudrun, the shifting appearance that make the Valkyrie appear as every woman men have ever desired was already taking hold. "Gudrun, my love I am here..."

Her eyes turned to look on him but seemed only to do so through an unseen myst. Her lips were frozen and though her eyes saw him, they showed no recognition. Her husband shook her by her arms and then touched her cheek and neck with one hand while holding her arm fast with the other.

Fear touched his heart as he suspected that his request was only honored because of its futility. "My love..." In a final act that would serve to either call her back to him or shatter the final remnants of his fractured heart.

He kissed her, tasting her mouth and her breath as if for the last time. Soft and slow, he savored her lips like the last meal of a condemned man while reaching around her neck to pull her in closer.

In a most glorious turn, her tongue responded to him and she returned his kiss. Tears welled at his eyes as his enthusiasm surged and her hands clasped at his back, pulling his whole body into their kiss.

As I awoke from my dream, I reached over to lay a hand on her naked and sleeping form with new understanding. She was the one I had fought and died for, defied a god for, and returned from the dead for. My unequaled passion for her, the inexhaustible love that permeated my soul, it all made perfect sense now.

My fingertips traced the curves of her flesh as she rose and fell to the rhythm of her breath which quickened only a little as I gently pried her legs open. My hand slid up past her calf and across her inner thigh right to those soft velvet lips.

There was quiet warmth spilling from my heart that guided my gentle but firm attention. With two fingers I lightly massaged her pubic mound until she began to stir and let out a whisper of a moan. Feeling the heat of her arousal at my touch, I kissed her clit and licked my way inside her. Reaching the sweet tang within, my pulse quickened and my feeding upon her became impassioned. My hands kneaded and pulled at her hips as I gave in to my hunger and lapped at her delectable insides.

Her body arched and writhed against my kiss and her hands began raking through my hair as consciousness came with a song of moans. Her legs were coiled over my shoulders and around my torso, pinning me to her sex as her body rode waves of arousal. I moaned into her, unable to check my brimming pleasure at the taste of her.

When she came into my mouth it was with a rolling scream, peppered with laughter as she sat up straight and lifted me from her lap to look into my eyes with a decadent smile. I smirked at her and pushed her back down on the bed and lifted her ankles to rest upon my shoulders. Her smile widened as I pushed the full length of my engorged flesh inside her.

Holding her legs against me I rocked into her, lifting her hips with mine on every thrust. Her hands spread out to her sides and gripped the mattress, bracing her body as I moved within her. Every push dug deeper and her muscles clamped tighter as my hands pulled her closer again and again.

My eyes fell into hers amid the rhythm of our lovemaking, a tidal wave of passion rising within me. My love dripped from me, having exceeded the confines of my physical form and I professed it with the sanctity of her name.

At the apex of my fury I howled into the morning as I erupted deep within her. Pushing her legs down to either side of me, I fell upon her chest and cradled her neck. "I have crossed oceans of time to hold you in my arms and my love for you will outlast eternity."