Rose, And The Rest Of My Family

Story Info
Rose is all the woman I need.
4.5k words
4.53
24.3k
13
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PTBzzzz
PTBzzzz
595 Followers

Rose is the only woman I'll ever need. Her name was chosen after she was born, she was going to be named Susan until her mom saw the hair on her head. Strawberry blond? It was all that and more. If you looked it up in the dictionary they would have her picture.

Rose's father died in a traffic accident 2 months before she was born. She got her hair from him. Her first marriage was a mistake. Her husband played ball and was never home during the season. She saw him almost as a father figure, until she arrived in town to watch him play and found him with another woman. They were divorced soon after and she took him to the cleaners.

I am Stuart, friends call me Stu. I met Rose when I moved into my new house after divorcing my cheating ex-wife. Before we married the ex and I agreed that there would be no cheating, running around, whatever you want to call it. We both had good jobs and an air tight pre-nup, at her request. You know the story, I came home in the middle of the day and all Hell broke loose. No one was hurt, I did not even yell, I calmly told her we were through.

When I walked into the room I had heard enough to know she was lying when she said it was; the first time, it's not what you think, she loved me and all the other excuses from page 1 of the cheater's handbook. In fact, I think she co-wrote the book.

She fought the divorce; I knew she would, so I had my attorney write into the paperwork that she was to be responsible for any and all of his expenses if she fought it. She wanted the house, it was in a good neighborhood, so I let her buy me out. She had to refinance it before I would sign it over. That was good thinking; as she lost her job 2 years later and lost the house shortly there after. Never knew who the guy was, he dropped her soon after they were caught.

I saw Rose the first time when the agent showed me the house next door to her, I ended up buying it. I just got a short glimpse from the back, and only from the shoulders down. She did not impress me that much. After moving in I saw her every now and then as I drove up the road, again not much of an impression either way.

I actually met Rose one Saturday, when she came over looking for her wayward dog. He would drop by to see Bebe, my dog. She was a yellow Lab; I told everyone that her name was short for Beautiful Blond. Her real name was Blond Bitch; my ex had bought her for me as a birthday present. Bebe was the only good thing I got out of that marriage.

Rose's dog Hershey was a chocolate Lab, and he was madly in lust with Bebe. No one bothered to tell him he was fixed. He would lie outside her pen for hours whether she was there or not. Usually he would go home when called, this time he didn't.

Bebe was not outside that day. She announced that someone was coming to the door, just before the bell rang. As I opened the door she snuck past me to investigate the visitor, she can tell if someone is of good character or not. Bebe decided she liked this one.

As I opened the door the first thing I saw was the back of Rose's head and that red hair. She turned around and introduced herself then asked if I had seen Hershey. I knew Hershey by name since I heard her call him all the time.

I asked Bebe to go find Hershey; she was off like a shot; ran around toward her pen and started to bark. This was not a happy bark, it was too intense.

As we approached the pen Hershey was laying on the ground, Rose screamed and ran toward him. I checked him out and discovered his collar was hooked on the chain link fencing. I had to take his collar off to free him and he ran into the pen to be with Bebe.

I have a one way door installed in the pen, she can go in but not out. She was usually in before he got there so he had not noticed.

He really got stuck well; it took me about 10 minutes to separate his collar from the fence.

Rose put his collar back on and tried to get him to go home, he was inside the pen and was not leaving. He was a good dog and gentle, so I told her he could stay for a while if it was OK with her. Both dogs were lying together enjoying a sunbeam, Rose hated to break up true love so she agreed.

I invited her to join me on the patio to enjoy a drink, she had a Pepsi, and I chose my favorite, Dr. Pepper. We talked and watched the dogs for about an hour, when she announced she had an appointment she needed to see to.

I couldn't see any problem leaving the dogs together and suggested we leave them as they were. They were both good dogs and played well together, too bad he was fixed.

Rose would be back around 6 and would get him then; I invited her to stay for dinner that evening when she came back.

We talked on the patio until dark, and then Hershey, Bebe and I walked her home. Before I said good night I suggested that since the dogs got along so well, I could put a gate on her side of the pen and she could let him in whenever she wanted. She wanted to think it over.

Let me tell you a little about Rose; she is not what you would call a raving beauty, She is tall, thin, her hips are larger than society would say is appropriate for her build. She is not ugly at all, but her face is rather boyish, if you know what I mean. She is a little shy, but is smart and I think she has a great sense of humor. Then there is the hair. WOW, I love her hair.

When I returned from work on Monday, Hershey was lying inside the pen . The next day I ordered a gate, with a one way dog door on it for the other side of the pen. She did not need to use it if she didn't want to. The installers put it on Friday afternoon.

Rose came over and gave me hell that evening, I was being presumptuous, and had not sought her permission.

I apologized and showed her that the door was locked so it could not be used without her permission, then I told her that if Hershey could go in that way he would not need to go out on the road to get around hedge of berry bushes that separated our yards. She had complete control over weather he went in or not, but I would hate to see him hit on the road.

The next morning she showed up with a pie and an apology for jumping all over me. I asked where Hershey was. She had unlocked the door on her side of the pen, and he was waiting for Bebe. I let Bebe out and she ran to her pen. We talked over pie and coffee for about 4 hours that morning. It was good pie too.

We know all about the dogs and some about Rose, let me tell you a bit about me.

I run a company that manufactures custom machinery, if you have a need we can help. We sell to companies all over the world. I let the salesmen find someone with a need and then the customer and I meet and decide exactly how to solve all their problems.

My right hand man and lead installer is Stewart, referred to in the shop as Stewtoo. He is older than me and he knows his job well. He loves to travel and he can repair anything, so he is the perfect man to send with the machine. Together we make a good pair; he even completes any statement I start. Someone once thought we would make a good couple and should get married; I like my wives without big bushy beards, thank you. Besides he is married.

His wife has been my left hand; secretary, girl Friday, conscience and all around 2nd best friend for about 4 years longer than they have been married. She knows what I want before I ask.

Sue, Stew's 2nd wife, is 5 months along with her first child. They met here at work. She will need to be off for a while after giving birth, and is not sure she wants to work full time afterward. I completely understand.

Sue has been assigned the task of finding her best replacement. After searching for 2 months she thinks she has found the perfect match, I told her to start training her replacement next Monday. Do I trust her? Hell ya!

The next week I needed to be out of town for a big convention. We make lots of new contacts at them, and of course new contacts can become new customers. Stew would need to be there also.

Thursday evening Rose came over and asked if she could start leaving Hershey in the pen all day for a while, until she got one for him. I was planning to put Bebe in a kennel for the week since I would be out of town, but she was welcome to use the pen.

She said she could look after Bebe at night and the dogs could be good company for each other, in the pen, during the day. It made sense to me, so we set it up. I showed her where Bebe's food and other needs were, and showed her how the automatic water bowl in the pen worked. We were set.

We were a big hit at the convention. There were too many good leads to count; we usually sell 10 to 20 percent of our leads, if we do that well this time we will need to hire more people.

I got home late Sunday evening, after breaking down, moving our displays and putting them back into storage. I was tired and decided to take Monday off to relax. When I got up both dogs were in the pen, they were happy. I called Rose to thank her but only got her machine.

Tuesday I was off to work early to get could get caught up on things. There was a note from Sue that her replacement was going to work out well. A little after 9 Sue brought her in to meet me, I turned to meet her. Both of our mouths fell open; we must have been a sight. Sue was astounded, "I am lost here" she said. Sue never is astounded.

Rose and I both burst out laughing; yes, my neighbor was my new left hand. Sue had used a headhunter to find Rose, who had no idea what I did, or where I did it.

Rose was tired of staying at home, going to the spa and whatever else a well to do person does with their time. She had gone to the headhunter about 4 months ago to find something challenging to keep her out of trouble.

I brought Sue up to date on how and where we met. Sue looked at Rose and said "You own Hershey?" Then she told Rose all of the good things I had to say about him. "You know he loves your dog almost as much as Bebe."

Rose responded how much she loved Bebe, too.

I watched them work for the rest of the week, Friday afternoon after Rose left I told Sue she had done well. Sue smiled and said she was not sure if she did too well.

Now, what did she mean by that?

Sue trained Rose for 4 weeks and took the last 2 weeks off before she had a beautiful baby girl; Stew is completely enraptured with the little darling. He took 3 weeks off to help Sue and their daughter Vivian get used to life together. You didn't think they would name her anything close to Sue or Stewart did you?

Rose was doing well on the job, after she was there for 3 months we went to lunch and I told her how pleased I was to have her there. I take all my employees to lunch when they get their reviews. She liked working there but was concerned about what would happen if Sue decided to come back.

I told her she was full time and past her probation period, she was a valued employee and there were places for her if she wanted to stay. But that Sue, if she returned, would most likely be my left hand. She did not look all that excited with my answer, but smiled. I told her it would please me if she would stay, and there would always be something challenging for her to do. In truth the work flow was increasing and we would need more employees. Anyway, nothing could be decided until we heard from Sue.

As I said things were starting to get busy so we pulled one of our assemblers from the work floor and started to train him as an installer. There was too much for one guy and Stew was making noises about being gone so much since he was a new dad, can't blame him in the least.

We had been small enough that there was no personnel department. That needed to change. At the end of her maternity leave Sue came to me and asked if she could work part time, I asked if she would like to start up a separate personnel office for me, since she had been doing that as my left hand anyway.

She will think it over and get back to me.

Rose looked worried as Sue left.

The next day at work Rose was much happier, damn if I can figure out women.

2 days later, Sue called and told me she had talked it over and would become my personnel department.

I told Rose about the development and she just nodded.

What is going on around here? Must be something women understand, I sure don't.

6 months later business was booming, we added another installer, and in a year we would have to triple the workers on the floor. Stew was now lead installer and my assistant in the design department. I had barely found time to breathe before that.

For some reason Rose was not as happy as she had been before.

Women, I just don't get them.

At home I bought a bigger dog house, a 2 seater if you will, so there was room for Bebe and Hershey to lie inside when the weather got bad. Rose and I take turns cleaning the pen. She puppy sits when I need to go away on business and I do the same when she visits her mother.

Rose had been with me for 1 year, we went out for lunch and her review. I gave her a big increase in pay and told her how well she was doing. As we got up to return to the office she looked like she wanted to say something. I don't know why but I decided to give her a hug, she kissed me on the cheek.

For the rest of the week she was happy, I was perplexed.

Finally I asked Sue what the deal was.

She smiled and simply told me I was "too dense".

Women!? Can't understand them.

Christmas came; all of my employees got a 4 day weekend, a turkey and a nice bonus check. Sue and Stew invited me over to their house for dinner on Christmas day. When I got there I was surprised to find Rose was there. Dinner was wonderful, presents were exchanged. Rose had one for me I felt bad about not having one for her. A good time was had by all.

One of the charities the business supports throws a New Years Eve Party every year as a fundraiser; it is the most sought after ticket in town. Normally I let Sue and Stew go, this year they had other plans. The tickets were expensive and I couldn't send just anyone, as we have to present a good front for the business. I decided to go, but who to take? Since I haven't dated in 4 years I didn't know many available women, the only person I could think of was Rose.

She must be busy that night especially with only 2 days notice. When I asked her, you would have thought she had died and gone to heaven. She took the afternoon off to find something suitable to wear. I offered to let her use the company credit card, she refused.

We had a standing order for a limo for Sue and Stew each year; I called and told them of the new plans.

We were closed New Years Eve.

I was to meet Rose at her house and we would travel together to the party.

The dogs were in the pen, they would have their own party in my kitchen that evening. After putting them in, I got dressed and headed over to her house at the appointed hour. There was a note on the door telling me to enter and make myself at home.

I follow instructions well; as I entered I could not resist my Jack Nicholson impression, "Honey, I'm home". I had never been inside her home, it was beautiful.

My cell phone rang; the limo was 5 minutes away. As I turned to tell her she was coming down the stairs; my first thought was "Who is this angel before me?"

She spoke and broke the trance I was in, "Are you ready?"

I stammered an answer, no idea what I had just said. When the doorbell rang, she took my hand and we stepped outside to the waiting limo.

By the time we arrived at the party I had pulled my tongue back into my mouth and was able to hold a conversation. At least I didn't drool on myself.

At the party we had the time of our lives. We met bankers, millionaires, sports figures and the elite from around town, I had no problem talking to them. Rose was easily the most beautiful woman there. That's my opinion and the only one that really matters to me but I could see that others agreed. Rose had not seen her ex in years. When she introduced him to me, I could see he realized he had made a huge mistake.

Later I saw my ex working on the serving line. I guess it IS a small world. She and I only said "Hello" when Rose and I went through the line.

Later I discretely told Rose who she was.

At midnight I tried to kiss Rose on the cheek, she timed it perfectly to kiss me on the lips. They seemed to be stuck together.

"Earth to Stuart, you need to come up for air soon!"

We broke it off finally; I said "I'm sorry."

I was floored by her response, "I'm not."

Things were starting to make sense now. I lived in my own world of business; sure that no one would want to be with me, especially someone as wonderful as Rose. I finally knew why my heart did a little dance every time I saw her. Can you say dense?

I knew that Sue correct when she thought she did "too well."

I also think I know why they were busy tonight. Need to speak to Stew about this....

We talked all the way home in the limo; I don't remember what we talked about. When we were dropped off and the driver tipped we went in.

Things were moving way too fast. We kissed and hugged for a bit and then broke apart.

All the while I was thinking. She was the best thing to happen to me, she was a valuable employee, she was an angel, she was, she was, she WAS....

I told her this was all so new to me, I had no idea she might feel this way; I had no idea I felt this way. What way did she feel towards me? I rambled on for 2 or 3 minutes; hoping I made sense, praying I was not making a fool of myself.

This needed to soak into my brain; I did not want to do something in the heat of the moment that we might regret later. I asked if we could think tonight and talk in the morning. I almost ran out the door while she stood there smiling and said that "she understood my confusion." She had been through the same thing months earlier.

My head was spinning and not from drinking. I was overwhelmed, under whelmed, Hell I was whelmed in every way, shape and form.

She smiled. She smiled! She loved me!

OH!

On the way home my head was spinning, I stumbled into my house. After I let the dogs out for a few minutes I went to bed. I did not go to sleep until almost dawn. Thinking about all those things, my mind was like a whirling dervish.

I only slept for a few hours. When I got up and let the dogs out, they went right into their pen. Then I called Rose, she was "... just ready to fix breakfast, would I like to come over."

We talked for hours; she was sure she loved me.

I was almost positively certain I loved her. Well, I was sure I was severely "in like". It was all so new.

We were both terrified of marriage after both of our first attempts. We decided to take it slowly and be sure.

Rose spoke about how thoughtful and patient I was while showing her the ropes at work. When she realized how I cared to do things the right way, she started to fall for me. She spoke of how she saw I was always kind and gentle, always considerate of others feelings and she fell further in love. What made her mind complete was the respect I had shown for both of our ex's last evening.

I told her how smart I thought she was, how she was the most beautiful woman there last night and how I loved her sense of humor.

After noon Stew called me, he had to sneak out so he could call. Less than a minute later Rose's phone rang, she mouthed "Sue."

I just told Stew to get off the phone grab his wife and child and meet us at my place at 1:30, and then I hung up.

Rose giggled and hung up too.

I was starting to like how this was feeling.

We walked over to my place and let the dogs run; they stayed right with us. They knew something had changed. I said "Hell; if they can love unconditionally, so can we".

We laughed at that thought.

PTBzzzz
PTBzzzz
595 Followers
12