Rose, And The Rest Of My Family

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PTBzzzz
PTBzzzz
595 Followers

Sue and Stew showed up with Vivian. Never having seen a baby before, both dogs came over to investigate then lay down on either side of her while she slept. Sue asked when it was that Rose finally told me, she was surprised that it happened at midnight.

Rose told her that I found out when we kissed, and how she presented her cheek then turned at the last minute.

We talked for hours about the changes in our lives. I was ready to take a less active roll at work and asked if Stew would like to take on more of what I do.

He thought he might be a little old for that, but his assistant would do a good job, he was sure.

Stew was happy at the place he was in his life.

Rose and I continued down our garden path for the next few months.

At a company picnic, just before the 4th of July, I got up to introduce all of the new employees and tell what their jobs were. The last to be introduced was Rose.

She was confused since she had been down this road before at a previous picnic. As she approached the podium I spoke of how I felt that the company was like my family, and that I hoped it would continue to feel that way for years to come. Then as Rose got to my side I got down on one knee, pulled out the ring and asked for her hand. She cried, as I asked her to marry me, everyone saw her shake her head YES.

Some cheered, some cried; I got up and kissed her for the first time in front of family.

Finally all the commotion died down. Then Stew took over and announced that I would continue to be President and CEO, but the first employee we had ever hired was now Head of Design and Operations Manager.

He announced that all employees would be called into private meetings starting the day after we returned from the holiday. There were to be promotions for many and we would be hiring even more people so those who did not get it this time should not be offended, their time would come too. Promotions were based on willingness to do the job and if there was a tie, seniority would decide. "If you were good enough to stay you would be promoted as your time came due."

Rose and I set our wedding for the first Saturday in November. The entire plant was invited as well as our many friends.

Someone at the plant decided to hold a Family Halloween party Friday evening 1 week before our wedding. It was a wonderful surprise when everyone, in costume, yelled as Rose and I arrived 30 minutes later than the rest; it was a wedding shower. It was the best anyone had been to.

The next week at the wedding Bebe was the flower girl, Hershey was the ring barer, and he wanted to eat some of the flowers.

Sue was maid of honor and Stew was Best man.

Rose pushed her mother down the aisle in a wheel chair, before she gave Rose to me. Her mother held Vivian on her lap.

We almost slipped a few times but, Rose and I remained chaste until we were married. 11 months later we had our own child.

Walter is named after the father Rose never knew. He is Stew's pride and joy, as well as Rose's and mine.

Stewart is my father; he started the company and taught me well how to run it.

I took over running the company when he needed a break after my mother died of cancer.

Now, everyone included, we have over 200 people in "The Family" and are still growing.....

PTBzzzz
PTBzzzz
595 Followers
12