Rough around the Edges Ch. 06

Story Info
A plan in action.
6.5k words
4.66
39.6k
25
Story does not have any tags

Part 6 of the 9 part series

Updated 10/28/2022
Created 04/13/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Myanlass
Myanlass
1,024 Followers

Jade sat there replaying in her mind everything her sister said. She didn't understand what was going on with her. She tried to not let Gale's words affect her, but somewhere in the back of her mind, they did. She knew from years of seeing her mother wait up for her father or crying because he missed coming home for an anniversary or a birthday. James seemed like he was happy being settled in here. Why would he leave?

"Hey big sister." Jade looked up and saw Nicole in front of her.

"Hey!" Jade smiled, giving her a hug, "What are you doing here?"

"I took a cab and came to see what my big sister was going." Nicole smiled sitting with her, "So how is it going?"

"Everything is fine here. I'm so proud of you though. We have to schedule a time so that I can walk around campus with you."

"I know. I am so pumped and ready. I was going to say we can we hang out and stuff, but seeing James, I don't know if I am still invited to do that." Nicole said with a smug smile.

"Don't start with me." Jade laughed, "I'll always have time for you."

"Great, but I like James so far. He seems much better than Dante." Nicole said, saying his name like it left a bitter taste in her mouth.

"You didn't like him? You didn't say much."

"I thought you like him, but no, I didn't. He always gave me the wrong impression and not only that he would always pat my head like I was some dog." Jade tried to hide her laughing as she remembered those moments.

"I'm so sorry baby sister." Jade started not able to hide her laughter.

"Not that funny." Nicole crossed her arms and pouted.

"No seriously, I'm sorry. I'm done with him for good. I just don't understand Gale."

"You know how she can be sometimes: pig-

headed and stubborn."

"I just can't believe she said those things about him being white. This is the same woman that was engaged to a white guy before she met Gary. She never told us what happened to Patrick."

"I know; I like him. She hasn't been the same since they broke up, plus I loved his Irish accent."

"I did too, for a brief second; I had a crush on Patrick." Jade smiled, "Well, that's in the past. Anyway, you have any boys around you."

"Please, you know better. I repeal guys, you know they see me and run."

"Whatever Nicole, you know you are a hot little mama."

"You're my sister; you are required by law to say things like that." Nicole laughed.

Jade looked at her little sister and smiled at how far she has come. Jade never recalled Nicole having a steady boyfriend or talked about boys. She just loved to write in her little black notebook that was decorated with green and blue flowers. She kept all her notes about anything that popped into her head. That same notebook that Jade and Gale bought for her together, her first day of school, it came with her backpack that she still carries around to this day. The backpack was worn out and had a few holes in it, but she carried it around like it was brand new. That was one thing about Nicole; she was always so appreciative of anything she got.

Jade shook her head at her little sister and looked up towards the door. Her smile broadens as she saw James coming in with Nik. Nicole turned around quickly and returned back to Jade.

"I figured that's why you were smiling." Nicole said with a smile.

"Hey baby." James said planting a soft kiss on Jade's head, "What's going on baby girl?" Nicole just fidgeted nervously, smiling.

"Better than a pat on your head, huh?" Jade said which made Nicole narrow her eyes at her.

"Who is this lovely young lady?" Nik asked.

Jade sighed to herself, "This is my BABY SISTER, Nicole." Jade emphasized and Nik took her hand as if he didn't hear her.

"Piacere incontrario, bella signora." Nik said, kissing the back of her hand.

"I don't know what you said," Nicole started, "but it sounded really pretty." she lowered her head which made Nik smile.

James slapped Nik's hand and turned his attention to Jade. She was obviously bothered by Nik's extra attention to her little sister. Hopefully, he knew better, beside he would do a lot better with Dominique, she thought.

"James, can I talk to you for a moment?" Jade asked and he nodded, "Touch and die." Jade warned Nik before leading James to her office.

She needed to get some stuff out in the open. She knew everything Gale said was ridiculous, but she did need to hear it from him herself. She turned around to face him when he closed the door and saw him leaning against it.

"Are you happy here?" Jade asked, playing with her own fingers.

"What?" he responded, wrinkling his brow in confusion?

"Are you happy? Here?"

"Of course I am." he shrugged.

"And you are not thinking of reenlisting into the Marines?"

"Not really." he said putting his hands in his pockets.

"Are you sure?"

She could see the confusion on his face and he finally had to ask, "Jade, what's this about? Why the questions?"

"I just realized that those are things we haven't talked about."

"Really?" she nodded, hoping that he was buying it, "Well Jade, that life was to hectic for me and I really don't want to get back into it. I have established a business, a home, and my girl right here."

"You have your girl?" she said smiling and James couldn't help but return that smile.

"Don't make me get all mushy." he said grabbing her hand and pulling her close to him.

"That sounded very chauvinistic when you say your girl."

He wrapped his arms around her, "Yea but you like it." he whispered before leaning down to ravish her lips.

She ran her fingers through his hair as he angled her head to probe her mouth deeper. The moan that escaped from her set his body a blaze. Yea, he definitely wasn't going to get enough of her. He grabbed of hold of her butt pulling her closer to him. She felt so good in his arms. Not to mention that she felt safe and secured with him, something that she hasn't felt in awhile. She knew this could turn into something more, so pulled away to stare into his eyes. It seemed like his eyes just invited her into him, especially when he looked like he was going to devour her.

"What?" he asked, wondering what was going through her mind, but she only shook her head as a response, "Are you going to check on Nicole?"

She smiled in response and shook her head, "I gave him a fair warning, plus you wouldn't let anything happen to my baby sister."

"Baby girl? No, I wouldn't let anything happen to her. Nik won't do anything to her, he knows she's a kid and maybe do some innocent flirting."

"Yea, that's what I'm afraid of. Okay, let's go back." James smiled as they both left out of her office.

Jade went back to the restaurant hand in hand with James, smiling back at him. She turned around to quickly to see Gale sitting there with Nicole and Nik was standing over by the door. From the looks on both their faces it wasn't a happy first meeting, not that Jade was really surprised. Why did she have to this?

"So, you leaving out little sister alone with strangers?" Gale immediately said crossing her arms.

"I know Nik, he's a good friend of James."

"Oh, I guess that makes it all better." she replied sarcastically.

"It should, I trust Nik with my life and I know what he will and won't do." James said glaring down at her.

"I'm sorry; did you actually think I was talking to you?" Gale said with a cruse smile, rubbing James raw.

"Listen you..." James started, stepping forward.

"I was okay," Nicole interrupted, "Nik was teaching me some Italian."

"Nicole sweetie, why don't you go and order something up front?"

"Nicole, you don't have to go anywhere. You are an adult." Jade said looking dead straight at Gale.

"Oh really, she don't?" Gale scoffed.

"I don't want to get into this here and now Gale."

"You are right, how about dinner tonight? You met us at the Radisson hotel?"

"Okay." Jade nodded.

"Alone. It's a family meeting, you can understand, can't you?" she said looking up at James.

James sucked on his teeth, trying to bit his tongue. She was testing him, just like his ex-wife. He couldn't understand the problem she had with him and he was going to ask Jade about this later. He has never had to bite his tongue for anything and he knew this Gale needed to be brought off her high horse. She is lucky that she is Jade's sister.

Jade watched as Gale and Nicole went ahead and got ready to go. She sighed in relief, she never felt the need to have a drink more than she did right now. She wanted to call her mom and ask her what was Gale's problem, but she really didn't want to disturb her mom.

"Did you and Nicole get all the nice sweet genes and it just passed her." Nik huffed.

"What did she say?" Jade asked.

"She damn near threw a fit when she saw me sitting with her. All I was doing was teaching her Italian like she said."

"Maybe the Italian Stallion doesn't work on everyone." Jade joked as James just shook his head.

Jade went ahead and said goodbye to James getting ready to finish up her day. She finished up her paperwork and closed up the restaurant. She didn't have time to change so she went to meet up with her sisters. She called to check on James and he said he was hanging with the guys. He just told her that he would come over when she was done. She couldn't wait to curl up next to him later on tonight, especially dealing with Gale. Then it will be him and her all night together. She was going to enjoy pushing him till he takes what is his, she thought with a smile.

She got into the restaurant and quickly scanned the room looking for them. She saw them sitting in the corner of a booth; Gale was nursing her glass of wine and Nicole munching on some bread sticks. Nicole instantly perked up when she saw Jade and Gale followed her eyes and sighed. She was late, Gale hated when people were late. Jade smiled at them both as she made her way to their booth and slid in.

"I said seven." Gale commented, sitting her glass down.

"I have a business to attend to. Did ya'll order already?"

"No, we were waiting for you." Nicole smiled.

"Good thing we weren't starving or anything." Gale added.

"Gale, do you have to be so bitchy right now?" Jade sighed.

"Look, I'm just stating the facts here."

"Can we just have a nice dinner?" Jade pleaded and Gale retracted back with a sigh.

The waiter came and took their orders quickly. After the waiter left, the table went silent for a minute. Nicole pulled out her worn out black notebook jotting some things down while Gale searched for something in her cell phone. They never really had an uncomfortable moment; they could always just talk to each other about anything. Now, Jade didn't really want to say the wrong thing to start another argument.

"Well, how is the business going?" Jade finally asked.

"Great, I had just finished three houses before I came." Gale said now pulling out her palm pilot.

"Whoa seriously!" Jade smiled, "That's great, Gale."

"Yes, she even did a NFL player's house." Nicole perked.

"It wasn't all that great, just a boost to the ego that he flirted with me." Gale sudden smile lighten her face and it immediately relaxed Jade.

That was the Gale she remembered, light and happy, someone you could sit and joke around with.

"Speaking of flirt how is Ryan?" Jade asked as she silently thanks the waiter bringing her a glass of wine.

"He's good." she said looking down.

"I bet the office is keeping him busy."

"Yes, they do, he travels a lot. I haven't seen him in almost a month, but it's good. I know he will be home as soon as possible." Jade just lend her a supportive smile.

She didn't want to tell Gale that she was familiar with those business trips from Dante. That was the first time she found out he cheated when she came to surprise him and found another woman in his hotel room, naked. Maybe Ryan was different, he could be actually working. Jade let her own mind wander until she heard Gale mumble something.

"What?" Jade questioned.

"I said why him." Gale said more clearly, glaring at Jade.

"I'm guessing you are talking about James." Jade sighed.

"Yes I am, how could you?"

"How could I what Gale? You act like I did this as a personal attack against you."

"You were great with Dante. He was going somewhere and you were real successful with your business."

"Why do you like him so much? I will never understand."

"Because he was good for you. He made sure you were always taken care of. He provided you with security."

"James is a good man and he owns his own shop, so he has some security. Not only that he was in the marines so there are benefits with that, but you are missing the most important thing. I'm not with him because of any benefits or security, I'm with him because of how we make each other feel."

"Sweet Jade, feelings are overrated. You have to be with someone who compliments you and work towards an understanding and know what you are getting into."

"How come you make it sound like a business deal?"

"In the long run that's what marriages are. Feelings and love just get in the way."

Jade couldn't believe what she was hearing, "Don't you love Ryan?"

"I have love for him because of what we have done for each other and that's it." both Jade and Nicole's mouth dropped as Gale looked at her palm pilot.

"Okay you know, you did love someone. What about Patrick?"

The expression on Gale's face instantly made Jade back off. Her eyes soften briefly before returning to her hard glare. She went too far, Jade thought to herself.

"He was just a moment of weakness. That's what I meant by feelings and love will hurt."

"I'm confused because I thought you didn't like him because of the Marine thing."

"It's all that Jade! How long has been in the service?"

"Since he turned 18, but why does that matter?"

She scoffed, "He will go back and he will hurt you. Dante is the best stable choice you have."

"You know," Jade started not able to hold her tongue, "since you are so loving Dante right now and thinking he is the best for me. Well, let me tell you what he did. He cheated on me, probably more times than he has told me. I have dealt with it and accepted his apologies. I'm done with it."

Gale paused, holding on to her wine glass. She sighed to herself, "Well, that's just a small part of the problem."

"Are you actually telling me to accept that?" Jade questioned not able to believe her ears.

"Come on now Jade, no relationship is going to be picture perfect. He kept coming back to you so that should let you know something."

"Let me know what?"

"That he loves you. Men are going to have their little fling, it's typical. It's nothing against you, it's just in their nature."

"Gale, does Ryan cheat on you?" Jade had to ask for her to tell her to accept Dante.

She scoffed, "I'm not stupid Jade. I know all those business trips weren't just business."

"And you are okay with this?"

"I have grown accustomed to it. I have a great man that provides for me and I know he loves me; he just had a couple of flaws. We have an understanding." Jade could see Gale's hand trembling as she quoted this garbage like it was something she has told herself before.

"Gale, you don't have to do that. You don't have to accept it." Jade said reaching out for her hand.

"Wake up, Jade! I've been in love with someone and gave my heart to him. I was the one who end up crying to mom for at least a year! Baby sister, you will be hurt because every man cheats and every white man goes back to their kind."

She couldn't stand it anymore, Jade needed to get away right now. She was tempted to say something that she was going to regret and she really didn't want to go there tonight. Jade got up grabbing her purse, "Every man does not cheat because I have two friends that are in very loving relationships and I have a friend who is married to a white guy. Scott loves Katrina and only her. I'm sorry you are going through this, Gale, I truly am. I can't be in that same boat with you, I want something more and I get it with James. Nicole, I'll talk to you later." and with that she walked out of the place leaving Gale stunned.

She went ahead and grabbed something on the way home. She felt like she needed a good hard drink and an equal amount of sex. She didn't want to make her life trying to explain her relationship with James. Gale acts like James would do something to intentional hurt her. Then she was suddenly struck with a thought, what happened between her and Patrick? The look on Gale's face when Jade mentioned his name tugged on her heart. It was full of pain and sorrow, a look she wasn't use to seeing on Gale's face. Jade could only hope that Gale finds her way back to the old Gale.

She sighed to herself, ready to go upstairs when she heard a knock at the door. James, she thought with a smile as she rushed over to open it. As soon as she opened the door, she jumped into his arms, hugging him tight.

"I didn't think I would get a greeting like that." he said and she pulled away from him.

"I just missed you a lot." Jade said with a smile, kissing his cheek.

"Yea, I'm starting to think it's because of your sister." he set her down on her feet and she watched as he shut the door, "What's going on baby?"

"It's just my sister is getting to me. I don't understand where all this is coming from and I feel like I'm meeting this domineering person all the time."

"Does your mom talk to her?"

"Of course she does, but Gale is still dismissive and only tells her what she wants to hear. I just don't know what to do anymore." Jade ran her fingers through her hair and went back to the kitchen.

James followed her watching as she grabbed a couple of wine glasses. She looked flustered and tired. He really didn't like for her to be stressed out like this but he really didn't have a place to tell her what to do with her family.

"Hey, baby," she turned around to face him, "I know you want to fix this, but you can't really. A problem like this, could only be caused by someone who did your sister wrong. She needs to get over it and let you and baby girl live your life."

"I hope she comes to her senses soon. I hate to think what she would do next." Jade said and James made his way over to her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"How about we stop talking about her and talk about better things?" he whispered in her ear and she instantly melted against him.

"Better things, I do like better things." she turned around in his embrace to wrap her arms around his neck, "You going to show them to me?"

"More than happy too." he said lifting her up on the counter.

She bit down on her bottom lip as he spread her legs wide. He could already smell her arousal and his cock twitched at the sight of the thong. He growled in appreciation, scooting her closer to the edge of the counter. Words could not express how much she loved looking at him when he got like this. He looked pure primal and ready to devour.

"I can see you hot and ready for me baby." he growled.

"Yes, I need it bad, James."

She felt his fingers brush against her sex and she ignited his burning desire more when she arched into his touch. She pulled off her shirt, baring her beautiful breast to his view. Her nipples harden as soon as they hit the cool air. He licked his lips as he pulled her thong away to push his fingers into her dripping sex. He felt her pussy tighten around his fingers as he pumped into her slowly. He wanted to savor every second of this, making her forget everything that happened earlier.

"Oh shit." she moaned as he pushed his fingers inside of her deeper.

"Baby, I love to feel your tight pussy. You are so fucking hot." he said probing her faster.

"Oh fuck James. Yes baby."

He had to taste her. He leaned down and put her legs over his shoulder. Her smell was so sweet and he took another deep inhale. He spread her lips apart and locked eyes with Jade as swiped his tongue across her pussy lips. She bucked her ass off the counter as she felt his tongue moving deeper inside of her. Her nerves were tingling all over her body, toes curling as James worked his magic with his tongue. She couldn't believe the things he can do with that tongue of his. He tongued her pussy like it was no tomorrow, slurping down every drop of her essence.

Myanlass
Myanlass
1,024 Followers
12