Running with Wolves Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dominic was torn. He didn't want to leave Flint behind to face those bastards on his own, but if they stayed it would be at just as much expense to Flint and far more dangerous for the rest of them.

"Dom." Garrett spoke up next to him. "Let him try."

Dominic's stomach clenched, but he knew what the right call was.

"What do you need from us?"

*

"I know this is not what you all wanted to hear, but this small sacrifice is worth the peace that comes with it. No longer will we have to watch our backs in fear of an attack. No longer will we lose our brothers and sisters and children to battles fought for no true purpose. Is that not worth giving up a small portion of our territory to have this?" Sol's voice echoed in Kate's ears, only to be drowned out by the packs' howls of agreement.

They were all gathered in the dining hall, listening to what changes were to come now that they had signed treaties. Kate sat close to the front of the pack, straddling the bench seat at her table with her mate doing the same behind her so that he could wrap his arms around her. The Alphas were standing on a raised section at the very end of the rectangular hall, a long table behind them where the Alphas, their Seconds, and their families ate their meals, along with any guests that happen to be visiting. Orion stood next to Sol and behind them were Hale, Misty, Cole, and Amethyst, along with Thorn and Cascade, their Seconds, and their only children, the twins.

Both Storm and Thunder looked anxious, and looking behind her, Kate could see that Augustine was the same. All three were being tormented by their wolves to go and retrieve their mates, but Sol had ordered them not to. If any more bias was put against them, their matings could be put in even more jeopardy.

"Good, I am glad you all agree. Tomorrow, we will begin establishing new patrol routs along our borders, but tonight we will celebrate!" More howls, these ones filled with excitement. "But before we begin preparations, I have more news.

"During our visit to the city, there was a development. As I am sure you all have discovered, a group of six humans were brought back with us. I know all of you are wondering why we would-"

Without warning, Orion collapsed to his knees, crying out in pain and grabbing his head.

The room went insane. Most of the lower ranking wolves panicked at seeing one of their Alphas collapse, while others like Cliff and Kate sprung up and took on defensive positions. Dagwood was next to Kate in a flash, both running up the short flight of stairs to guard Orion and the others.

Sol was kneeling beside her mate, her eyes tight in pain as she tried to help her mate.

"Orion what is this?- AHH!" Sol's eyes shut tight as she buckled a bit. Orion was on his side, panting in pain with unfocused eyes.

"Shit. Cliff, Kate, get all the high-ranking Betas, now! Someone is attacking our Alphas' minds, and we need to create a Pack Mind to block them out." Storm was already beginning to shift, his clothes becoming tighter and beginning to tear at the seams.

"No!"

Everyone looked to Orion, still on the ground but seeming to have been lifted from whatever had brought him down. His body was weak and shaky as he tried to get to his feet.

"Orion, I don't understand. What was that?" Sol helped her mate to his feet.

"It was Flint." Orion turned to look at Thunder and Storm. "Get to the Omega Wing housing the humans NOW!" Both men didn't hesitate; they simply began sprinting to where the humans were located. "Cliff, go with them. I will be right behind you."

"Alpha, what is going on?" Kate moved aside as Orion moved down towards the steps, his legs still wobbly but able to hold him up. "What do you mean it was Flint?"

Kate followed as Orion, as well as the rest of his family and his Seconds, began running through the Den, following the scents of the twins. "I don't know how or why, but Flint was able to bond with his wolf enough to communicate with me. He is with the humans and they are not safe. That was all he was able to convey to me."

"Does this mean...?" Thorn asked.

"No, he has not Shifted. He simply pulled his instinct forward to try and communicate with me. That was why it was so painful. All of his pain and instinct was flowing unchecked into my mind." Orion looked extremely worried, and Kate could understand why. They had been trying to repress Flint's wolf so that it wouldn't tear him apart while they tried to figure out how to get him to shift. If Flint had purposefully brought it forward, that meant it would most likely try to create a physical form, and kill him.

Everyone's pace picked up at the realization.

As they drew closer to the Omega Wing, Kate could hear a fight up ahead, and she could smell the scent of blood.

A lot of blood.