Russian Winter: CATU Book 2 Ch. 03

Story Info
Another terror attack.
1.1k words
10.8k
3
0

Part 3 of the 17 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 09/18/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Planetary Solar Power Plant, Nevada Dessert

Davis ran for his life. He was stuck in the middle of the desert, but any place was better than staying here. A cling on the metal grate behind him causes his heart to beat even harder.

I'm not going to make it.

His mind screams for his legs to run faster. He'd never seen anything like it, except in maybe in the movies. His co-workers were torn to shreds with no effort on the creature's part.

He can see the company vehicles just up ahead; he may just make it after all. He comes to a halt, nearly tripping over his own feet. A group of oriental soldiers walk into view, blocking his only chance of escape.

He turns expecting to see the creature, but it isn't there. Gun fire erupts as he runs in the opposite direction of the soldiers. His breathing is beginning to labor, but he isn't willing to give up just yet.

As he rounds a corner, a hand comes across his throat. His feet slide from under him and he goes down hard. His hands go to his neck, the pain is intense. The creature stands over him, glaring into his eyes. Without another thought, Davis' head is ripped from his body.

Seven minutes later, the Nevada desert is lit up against the dark, starless night.

——

The flight from D.C. was uneventful. The in-flight movie was Red Dawn, ironic considering the country they were about to step off into. They arrive at Sheremetyevo Airport in Moscow. Their liaison is already waiting for them. She is dressed in civilian clothes. Spencer sees her first and she looks somewhat familiar.

"Mr. and Mrs. Donnelly?" she asks them.

"Yes, that's us. I'm George and this is my wife Carol," Spencer says. He didn't care for the names, but that is what the cover required. As long as it kept them alive, he'd go along with it.

"As soon as you pass through customs, I have a car waiting to take you to your hotel," Maykov says.

"Thank you, miss—"

She had already turned and was walking off toward the exit before he could say another word.

"I get the feeling she's not too happy to see us," Sam says.

"She just needs to get warmed up to us," Spencer says with a chuckle.

——

Getting through customs was a nightmare. With the tensions between America and Russia, every precaution was being taken. After a grueling process, Spencer and Sam were cleared to go on about their business.

They meet up with Maykov at the car. It is nicer than either had expected, a limo was far more than they expected.

"A limo? Was this in our travel package dear?" Spencer asks sarcastically to Sam.

Playing along with him, she says, "Yes love, you were too cheap to get it, but I convinced you to buy it anyway."

Growing impatient, Maykov sweeps her hand toward the car. "This way please."

They all pile into the limo and drive from the airport. Fifteen minutes pass before Maykov brakes the silence. "I've been pulled off an important case to accommodate you," she says bitterly.

"That explains why she dislikes us," Spencer says low to Sam.

"What was that?" Maykov asks.

"I guess you've been briefed on why we are here," he replies, ignoring her question. He could see that angered her, but with the reception she gave, he frankly didn't care.

"Yes and I'm to accommodate you with whatever I am able to. Don't expect me to be your errand maker though."

"We'll just need information throughout," Sam says, diffusing the bomb ready to go off. She elbows Spencer in the ribs and gives him a look to be nice.

"Very well," she says, signaling the driver.

The limo pulls up to a fairly nice looking hotel. The driver quickly gets out and opens the door for the passengers to exit.

"How should we contact you?" asks Spencer.

"Tell them who you are, Mr. Donnelly, and they will patch you through," she says handing him a card.

After exiting the limo, Spencer waits until it turns the corner before speaking. "Let's find other accommodations."

"You don't trust her," Sam states.

"That obvious?"

Sam gives him a look and he smiles. "No, as a matter of fact I do not. We do have to use her help, but we don't need her knowing our every move."

"Where to then?" asks Sam.

"Well Mrs. Donnelly, how about some place nice, we are on vacation after all."

——

I assure you General, everything will go as planned," Alexander Chernoff says, turning in his chair.

The two men are in his office at the Russian Embassy. General Tsu Wei chose to stand; he was too concerned with the matters at hand. "I have the entire Chinese army ready to back Russia, but if you fail Prime Minister then it does not look good for me."

"Yes, yes," Chernoff says turning to face the window. The snow covered the ground several feet high. It was left from a blizzard two days ago. "Your country does not differ from mine too much. If you are victorious, you're praised. If you fail, they deny it all and you are executed," Chernoff states.

"Ah, but does the government execute your family to also pay for your failure?" Tsu asks.

"I concede friend. Your fears are nothing to take note on. Your government wins no matter the outcome, that's why you chose this alliance. By the time any country responds, we will have full control of the country. They will not dare make threats or take action against us."

"You have much faith in the unknown Prime Minister."

"Faith is believing in something you can't see General. Personally, I believe in winning and that's what I intend to do."

The General feeling somewhat more relaxed, takes a seat in front of the desk. The Prime Minister turns back around to face Tsu and offers him a cigar.

Tsu holds up his hand. "I shall pass. I didn't ask before because the deal was too good to pass up, but what does Russia hope to gain from controlling Antarctica?"

"You were wise not to ask before now and you shall be satisfied to not know now. All you are concerned about is our alliance. You will have control of South Africa and its diamond mines, in return we have our one base in Madagascar," Chernoff explains then takes a long drag on his cigar.

Having been satisfied with the answer, Tsu stands up and gives a curt bow to Chernoff. "I will take my leave now Prime Minister, thank you for your time."

"It has been my pleasure General," Chernoff returns.

Long after Tsu leaves the office, Chernoff continues to puff on his cigar. Smiling to himself as he looks out the window he says out loud, "Puppets. Simple puppets."

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Mean Girls of Maplewood Ch. 00 Nerd is sexually assaulted and dominated by two cheerleaders.in NonConsent/Reluctance
The Last Boy Scout Ch. 01 He can't resist helping anyone in need.in Group Sex
A Promise Kept Ch. 01 From an injured past comes a beautiful future.in Romance
Path of the Necromancer Ch. 01 Ian is hunted and meets the women who will change his life.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
The Fate of Terra Ch. 01 Introduces Michael and sets the stage. (no-sex chapter)in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories