Russian Winter: CATU Book 2 Ch. 08

Story Info
Another attack and moral concerns.
1.5k words
10.2k
2
0

Part 7 of the 17 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 09/18/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sioux Falls, South Dakota

The night was calm, no wind blew. A chill hangs in the air, there is no doubt that winter was here. Ronnie throws down his cigarette and stomps it out before heading back in. "Damn it's cold out there," he says walking into the control office.

Daniel is sitting looking at the various screens. With all the attacks on power plants taking place, the Twin Falls Power Plant had installed cameras throughout the facility. "Thought you were planning to quit," Daniel says.

"Still in the planning stages," he says laughing.

Daniel returned the laugh. "That's what I said about my last marriage."

"Your plan must have been bad. That's your forth divorce?"

They both burst out laughing. Ronnie has never been married and from the stories Daniel tells, he never plans to. A bang at the door causes both men to jump. They reach for their guns and aim them at the door.

"You gonna get that?" Daniel asks.

"Fuck. Why do I have to?"

"Cause I've been with the company longer, which makes me your boss," Daniel reasons.

The banging comes at the door again, this time louder. "What the fuck! Where the hell are those guards?" a voice yells from the other side.

"Shit, it's Mr. Arthur," Ronnie whispers.

"Don't just stand there, you idiot. Open the damn door before you get us both fired," Daniel says pushing Ronnie toward it.

Both the men holster their guns. Ronnie swings the door open; the form of Mr. Arthur turns around. His face is red and he is not in a good mood. "What the fuck took you so long to answer?" he screams.

"Sorry Mr. Arthur, we thought you were someone else," Ronnie tries to explain.

"I hired you to guard not to think. Now come with me, there's an inspection."

"Yes sir."

Daniel laughs at Ronnie as he leaves. Ronnie turns and gives him the finger. On camera six a figure moves across the screen. Catching his eye, Daniel turns to look, but nothing is there.

"I know with these attacks, everyone is a little rattled, which is why I'll let that back there go. But if I'm to rely on you, you need to get it together and be on your toes. You got that?" Arthur asks turning the corner.

"Yes sir. No problem sir," came his reply. Ronnie is lagging a few feet behind, so he jogs to catch up. When he rounds the corner, Arthur is nowhere to be seen.

"Mr. Arthur?" he asks, his voice a little shaky.

There is no answer except for the sound of the river below him. Suddenly he feels a breath on the back of his neck. He turns to face a man with night vision goggles. Before he can scream out, he feels a searing pain in his stomach. He looks down to see a knife jabbed into him. The figure pulls the knife free; Donnie's body falls to the ground like a lifeless doll.

Daniel had seen the whole thing on camera four and went running out. He reaches the site just as the figure pulls his knife out. When Donnie's body hits the ground he lets out a scream and opens fire on the man.

Bullets tear into the man's body. The impact causes him to back into the railing. He loses his footing and falls into the river. Daniel runs over to where Donnie's body lay. He puts his hand to his throat, but there is no pulse. He decides he needs to get help. As he rises from the body, he feels a pop in his neck. Before he knows it, his head hits the ground and rolls away from his body.

——

Stalockavich wasn't in any rush to get back to his manor. The Russian police wouldn't be looking for him. Black Dragon filled their pockets every month with enough money to turn and look the other way.

He had set up the raid. He didn't really like the idea, but he couldn't entirely go against the Council. He was lucky to be placed in the position he was in. When Maltaus came to him offering power, he almost turned the demon down. Once he saw what happened to Ghost, he was glad he hadn't.

Power is what the Council promised. Stalockavich got a taste of that power running this section of Winter and he was not about to give it up. Walking through the doors of his manor his eyes go straight to his chair where Maltaus now sits.

You have done as ordered?

"Yes. As long as Maykov does her part, your plans will work."

I have no doubts in her abilities. As we speak the Russian army is fortifying their positions along the border. With General Tsu Wei's army occupied in South Africa, the Council has use for Black Dragon's soldiers.

"Of course. Will it require me as well?"

Stalockavich didn't like having to be told how to run things, but he planned for it to not always be this way. Once he has the force needed to against the Council, he would do so. Until then he has no choice but to comply and follow orders.

For the time being, yes. You will move your entire organization to South Africa.

"Move?" he yells. "I refuse to leave Mother Russia and go to some God forsaken land."

He has forsaken it, which is why you will be going there. Russia is not a concern, with its army, the country will be protected. Madagascar will be your island to control. The Council wants you to spread business into the rest of Africa while keeping your eye on General Tsu Wei.

Stalockavich had calmed down. He smiles at the idea of running his empire from someplace like the island.

"What does the general need babysitting for?"

We do not have the influence in his government to ensure their participation. General Tsu Wei worries about himself. If he becomes a liability it will be your responsibility to eliminate him. If China decides to take the country, the Russian occupation there won't be enough.

"So you want me to recruit and police things."

Exactly. But keep in mind, as quickly as you gain favor with the Council, you can just as quickly lose it. Betrayal is not accepted.

"You have my word," he says bowing. When he lifts his head Maltaus is gone, leaving him alone in the empty manor.

——

Can you believe it?" Patmore asks.

"What they want is crazy. To do anything to destabilize the continent is suicide," Dahlin responds.

"How do they plan to have the pipes set in time?" asks Cooke.

"They already have most of the work completed," replies Roberts. All three men look to Roberts with questioned looks on their faces. "I saw the plans when they questioned me about the stability of the mines."

"Yes, they want me to set up charges at various places in the mines. My guess it's to place piping. It only makes since if they only have a few places to install left," Cooke states.

"Regardless, we cannot seriously go through with this. We have to sabotage this plan, at least until someone can intervene," Dahlin offers.

"Right. And what happens to our families when they see what we done? Or better yet who's going to help us?" Patmore asks.

"Our own governments will or at least America won't let this continue to get out of hand," Dahlin offers.

"No, Patmore is right. With Russia and China working together, any country acting is asking for a major conflict," Roberts says. "We have to do what they ask. We can only hope a few of our countries get together and deal with this."

"I hate to continue doing this, but I can't risk my family," Cooke says. "Nor can any of you."

"Well that's just great. All of you are giving up and giving into these bastards!" Dahlin yells.

"Damn it man, sit down before you piss them off," Roberts says trying to get the man to settle down.

"Get off of me!" Dahlin yells again.

The door to the cell suddenly opens. Demurer and two soldiers come into the room with angry looks set on their faces. All the men except Dahlin sink back against the wall.

"Go ahead, take me away! Kill me! I will not give into you anymore!" he screams.

Demurer gives a signal to the guards. They move in, hitting Dahlin in the head before dragging him out. After the door closes none of the men say a word. Several hours later, the door opens again. This time the same two soldiers drag in the limp body of Dahlin. They throw him on the floor and leave.

"Is he dead?" Cooke asks.

Roberts kneels down checking the man's pulse. "He's alive," he says.

Dahlin stirs. Roberts and Cooke helps him onto the bench. He has bruises in several spots along his arms and legs. The men can only assume that was not the extent of them. When Dahlin recovers enough, he tells them of his torture and the murder of his wife. They gave him one more chance to comply. If he didn't they would kill his son and daughter, then him.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Mean Girls of Maplewood Ch. 00 Nerd is sexually assaulted and dominated by two cheerleaders.in NonConsent/Reluctance
The Last Boy Scout Ch. 01 He can't resist helping anyone in need.in Group Sex
A Promise Kept Ch. 01 From an injured past comes a beautiful future.in Romance
Path of the Necromancer Ch. 01 Ian is hunted and meets the women who will change his life.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
The Fate of Terra Ch. 01 Introduces Michael and sets the stage. (no-sex chapter)in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories