Russian Winter: CATU Book 2 Ch. 17

Story Info
Redemption.
2.7k words
9.3k
2
0

Part 15 of the 17 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 09/18/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

White Island, Antarctica

Samwoke up in a dull cell, much different from the room she was first placed in. Gathering her thoughts, she begins making plans to escape. When the door finally opens, the shock is worse than the betrayal.

Jennifer Maykov stood in the doorway, a gun in her hand. "Hello good sister," Maykov spats.

"So you made a trip just to kill me?"

"Sort of. I made the trip to have the pleasure of killing you," she replies. "Now let's get moving."

They exit the cell with Sam's hands bound. Maykov jabs the gun into Sam's back. "Let's move it faster, sister."

Sam turns her head to look at her sister, who wore a smile on her face. "What do you have against me?" Sam asks her.

"Everything," she says and then lifting the gun slams it across Sam's face, knocking her to the ground. "Get up, you little bitch."

Sam doesn't move, she just sits there on her knees until Maykov moves in closer to strike her again. Before Maykov has the chance to do so, Sam's foot comes up into her sister's stomach.

Maykov double over from the unexpected blow. Sam springs to her feet and starts kicking Maykov in the stomach. The kicks are stopped when a rifle butt slams into the back of Sam's head. She drops to the ground and lays there still conscious.

"V ioryadke v gosiozha?" the soldier asks. "Are you ok ma'am?"

Without giving an answer, Maykov slowly stands, holding her stomach. "Ioluchite malenkchyu schkch k ee nogam i lrinesite ei," she says walking past the man. "Get the little bitch to her feet and bring her."

"Prodgintes gstayut," the soldier says jabbing the rifle against her. "Come on get up."

Sam complies and gets up walking through several tunnels before entering a large room filled with computers, screens and radio equipment.

A command center.

The room is empty of people with the exception of Major Demurer, Maykov, her father, and a man she assumed was one of the kidnapped men. If he really was kidnapped, he looked too comfortable to be a captive.

"Our final guest has joined us," Demurer says, his face remaining neutral. Sam, however, has a scowl on hers as he spoke the words.

Her father doesn't look at her; instead he just stares at one of the screens in front of him. He is disappointed in her not wanting to join, but deep down he feels he has betrayed her.

Demurer waves a hand at the soldier that escorted her in. "Cut her restraints and seal the door as you leave."

The soldier does as told and leaves. Sam rubs her wrists, never taking her eyes off anyone in the room.

"I will give you one last chance to reconsider my previous offer. If not I shall be forced to destroy you," Demurer says, this time a smile forms on his face. How he'd so like the pleasure to killing such a strong human.

"Why do you want me to join so badly?" she asked.

"WhenWintergains control and rules over you pathetic humans, my master will need suitable warriors."

"Warriors?" she asks puzzled. "What's that got to do with me?"

Maykov interjects before Demurer is able to answer. "The same fault we possess, demons also possess, fighting amongst each other for more power or a higher position in life."

"You won't have to worry about any of that. My answer remains unchanged and I'm going to put a stopped to any plans you have made," Sam says. She makes no moves, just stands starring down her sister.

Demurer roars in rage. His skin begins to tear; bones reform, making loud cracking sounds. As his true form begins to emerge, the skin from his human form falls away and slowly disappears into nothing.

So be it human. I shall enjoy killing you and feeding off your dead, mutilated corpse.

Detaran makes a leap at Sam, but is intercepted by Jonathan. They land into a bank of computers, pieces of metal and plastic snap and electricity sparks as the computers crushed under their weight and impact. Jonathan is thrown off to land into another bank of computers on the opposite wall.

Foolish human, you think you can save her? When I finish with you, you'll be alive long enough to watch her, pointing in Sam's direction, suffer before your eyes.

"Then bring it on!" Jonathan bellows.

Sam takes advantage of the distraction her father has provided for her and lunges at her sister. Dahlin not sure what the outcome would be, decides it would be best to remain neutral and hide under a desk. Maykov expects an attack from Sam. She easily side-steps and she hammers a fist into the back of Sam's head as she dives past.

Using the momentum despite the blow, Sam tucks her body and rolls to her feet. She turned to face her sister. Maykov held a gun at her, a grin spread across her face. "You really think I'd end your life this fast? No I plan to savor your death." She tosses the gun to the side and pulls out a knife, slowly swiping it back and forth through the air.

Jonathan was not one for being unprepared. It was one thing he always tried to instill in his daughter. He placed her in martial arts classes and gymnastics and any other activity that would teach her skills and lessons she could carry throughout her life. He, of course, always was open to learning about new things and was prepared for an event like this to happen.

He reaches into his boot and pulls out a knife. When he joinedWinter, he searched for any and all information about demons, primarily focusing on the demons weaknesses. Holy water and pure light, sometimes called holy light, were most effective, but were only made in a bullet form. He never cared for guns, but a knife was a different story all together.

Mythril, a very rare metal, excavated from the deepest parts of the ocean, was a very effective weapon against a demon. It wasn't too hard to find one, even with the high cost; it was something he had determined was something he'd need. His earlier assessment proved to be correct.

I see that Maltaus chose you well. It's a shame he has to lose such a worthy warrior.

"I don't expect to leave here alive, but neither should you!" The last part yelled, as Jonathan jumped at the demon.

——

Ser. Blo napadrnie na sub ie Vladivostok vchera vecherom," theBlack Dragonmember reported. "Sir. There was an attack on the sub from Vladivostok last night."

"Nash posetitel m ozhieaem?" Sergey asks as he turns away from the mines, where locals worked vigorously building the pipeline and setting explosives. "Our visitor that we are expecting?"

"Eto pravimno. Emu davali lresledovanie kak v trebuemi," the soldier replies. "That's correct. He was given a chase like you requested."

"Prevoskhdni. Udostovertes, cho kitaits lonimdyut, cho on dolzhen lroiti cherez beslreryatstvennuyu stranu," Sergey says, stroking his goatee. "Excellent. Make sure the Chinese understand he's to pass through the country unhindered."

"Da ser," the soldier says bowing. "Yes sir."

"Come to me Agent Reeds, we shall if you are willing to be broken," Sergey says aloud. Sergey anticipated the moment when he'd finally meet the famous CATU agent. "Send up our experts," he says into the radio he has on his belt.

After a few minutes, Patmore and Cooke come walking up the path leading to the rise overlooking the mines. When they reach the top, both men fell silent, unsure if this was a good meeting or the time when they'd draw their last breaths. The tenseness showed and their eyes darted around, expecting soldiers to show up at any minute to gun them down.

"Relax gentlemen," Sergey says noticing their nervousness. "Your task is completed here. You'll be transported to the base on White Island. In the meantime feel free to spend your time at your leisure. However, we will soon have a visitor coming to crash our little party. Since you are still valuable, you will stay out of sight in the safety of your quarters."

The men still hadn't found their voices, so they nod in agreement with him. Sergey dismissed them as a soldier ran up. Before the soldier has a chance to speak, Sergey interrupts him. "Prepare the men. Keep them on their tasks, but ready for our visitor. I do not want him tipped off that we are waiting for him."

"Da ser," the soldier replies. "Yes sir."

——

Maykovswiped the blade downward, Sam easily moving to the side, avoiding it. Maykov thought her sister was at a disadvantage, but with all the martial art training of her youth, she is far from vulnerable.

Sam continues avoiding the knife, though a few times came closer than she cared for. Maykov is a good fighter and expert with a knife. Her father trained her when he had visited Russia and was always impressed to see her skills on each return visit. The problem she faced now is Sam's agility.

Reversing the blade, Maykov feints a slash. Sam is already in motion by the time she sees the feint. Maykov comes up with a kick to Sam's midsection and then drops into a sweep, taking out both Sam's legs.

Sam goes backward slamming into the ground. She breaks her fall and attempts to get up when Maykov lands on top of her, the knife landing inches from her face. "Die bitch!" Maykov spats in her face.

——

Jonathanleaps at the demon, not expecting an easy strike. Detaran being faster than him simply reaches out and grabs Jonathan by the throat. You dare think you can fight against me?

Detaran not waiting for an answer squeezes Jonathan's neck preparing to break it. Jonathan reacts quicker, slicing across the demon's wrist. Normally a knife wouldn't be much to a demon, but a Mythril blade felt like fire.

Detaran quickly releases his victim and clutches his wrist. Demon regenerative powers were great and worked quickly, butMythrilworked as a counter agent to those powers and slowed them almost to a stop.

"You were saying?" Jonathan asks, mocking the demon. He takes on a fighting stance, this time waiting for the demon to make the next move.

——

Nottoday," Sam grunts as she struggles with Maykov. The knife inched closer toward her face. Both women were close to equal strength, but the downward weight combined with being the one on top, gave Maykov the advantage.

Sam maneuvers her body underneath her sister, as she struggles with the knife. Once she is able to get her knee in position, she smiles up at her sister. Maykov is briefly distracted and it gives Sam the edge she needs. Rolling backward and using her knee, she throws Maykov off. Her sister lands into a desk, the knife clatters across the floor.

Sam gets to her feet before Maykov and not wasting time, runs at her. Maykov is slightly disoriented. She recovers her wits when she sees Sam rushing toward her. She feints being dazed still until Sam is close enough to attack.

She grabs a keyboard and throws it. Sam raises her arm to block it. The keyboard hits her forearm with a smack. Sam hisses from the slight pain. When she lowers her arm, her sister isn't there. She comes to a halt, realizing she has just made a mistake.

Using the keyboard as a distraction, Maykov grabs a chair and runs behind Sam. She swings the chair at the back of Sam's head, knocking her flat to the ground once more. Maykov rushes over to where the knife lay, giving Sam the time needed to get up and reorient herself. Maykov turns to face her sister. "You can't hope to beat me, sister. I'll cut your heart out."

"We shall see."

Maykov lunges at Sam with a thrust. Sam side-steps and grabs her sister's arm, snapping it at the elbow. Maykov howls in pain, the knife drops from her hand. Sam releases her sister, her hand dropping to catch the knife before it hit the floor.

Maykov spins around, throwing a punch with her good arm. Sam, looking expectantly, ducks then comes up with the knife into Maykov's stomach. Maykov's eyes bulge at the unexpected turn of events. Her body gives way and drops to the floor. She reaches for Sam's hand, fear showing in her eyes. Sam kneels beside her sister, holding tight to her hand. "I'm sorry," Maykov mumbles.

Sam doesn't have any words come to her. She has mixed emotions about the whole encounter, not really sure what to think. She almost hates her sister, but at the same time feels sorry for her. She squeezes her hand harder and says the only thing she can. "I forgive you."

The light fades from Maykov's eyes, her hand goes limp. Sam sits there for another moment before the battle between Detaran and her father brings her attention back.

——

Detaran gazes at Jonathan, still clutching his wrist. He has underestimated this human, not thinking. Maltaus only selected humans strong enough to fight his enemies, to serve him.

He drops his arm; the black blood flowed from his wrist, dripping on the floor. Then with a blink of an eye, the demon is gone only to reappear behind Jonathan. Detaran quickly grabs Jonathan's wrist before he has a chance to register what just happened.

Foolish, foolish human. When you betray us the punishment is death. It's a shame Maltaus has to lose such a fine warrior, but betrayal cannot be tolerated.

With a crushing squeeze, Jonathan's bones in his arm and wrist snap loudly. His hand went limp and the knife dropped to the ground. Detaran laughing stuck his hand into Jonathan's back. The hand went through his chest. The demon clutched the man's still beating heart.

"Nooo!" Sam yells.

Detaran pulls his hand free, Jonathan's lifeless body fell. The demon still clutching the heart eats it, savoring the taste. Blood runs down his chin and neck. He turns to where Sam stood, a smile forms on his face.Now it's your turn.

Before Detaran has a chance to move, a long piece of splintered wood rises to meet his back. The demon turns, fury shining in his eyes. Dahlin sat at the other end of the make shift spear.

Detaran grabs the man and lifts him into the air.Weak, pathetic fool!Detaran roared.You dare go against me?

"You may as well kill me," Dahlin gargles.

No. You will suffer first, and then you will die!

Detaran throws Dahlin across the room into a bank of computers and equipment. As he turns to regard Sam once more, he feels a sharp pain. Detaran looks down to see Sam standing there, the knife buried deep in his chest.

Detaran stumbles back. A look of shock spreads across his face, the wound surrounding the knife begins to spread, black blood pours out. Sam stands watching the demon wither into dust leaving only the knife and a pool of blood behind. She grabs the knife and runs over to her father's body. She lifts his head, moving her hand over his eyes to close them. "Thank you daddy, for saving me."

Even though he betrayed his country and her, she still loved him. He had sacrificed his life in order to save hers and in doing so redeemed himself from the bad he was a part of.

A groan brings her out of her reverie. She forgot about the other man. She runs over to Dahlin, helping him to his feet.

"You saved me," he says.

"Just doing my job. Now unless we can get out of here, we're going to be in the same boat as before."

"There's a room attached to this one, full of explosives," Dahlin offers.

"Good. Find some way to seal the door, so we don't get a surprise visit from any soldiers. I'll get some help."

After calling CATU over the internet, which thankfully they had a satellite connection, Sam and Dahlin began setting up the explosives. There was enough C-4 and gasoline to level half the city of New York store there.

Dahlin led them out a secret passage from the command center. They donned winter gear and headed out into the cold. After reaching a safe distance, Sam produces a small controller. Pressing the button, the facility explodes, lighting up the night sky.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Mean Girls of Maplewood Ch. 00 Nerd is sexually assaulted and dominated by two cheerleaders.in NonConsent/Reluctance
The Last Boy Scout Ch. 01 He can't resist helping anyone in need.in Group Sex
A Promise Kept Ch. 01 From an injured past comes a beautiful future.in Romance
Path of the Necromancer Ch. 01 Ian is hunted and meets the women who will change his life.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
The Fate of Terra Ch. 01 Introduces Michael and sets the stage. (no-sex chapter)in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories