Sabella & Malcolm Ch. 14

Story Info
What Malcolm knows!
4.9k words
4.73
25.7k
24

Part 14 of the 15 part series

Updated 10/15/2022
Created 03/01/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mspat
mspat
545 Followers

Sheriff Jenkins jerked himself awake looked around his surroundings and realized that he was in his car.

"Damn," he said out loud angry with himself for falling asleep and realizing that RaeLynn (Sabella) could've eased by him leaving town without him knowing it.

The Sheriff ran his hand over his face trying to push away the fog of sleepiness that still enveloped his brain.

Bringing his head forward he looked down the road towards Malcolm's ranch wondering if the object of his desire was still there. Jenkins knew that he could drive the mile down the road to Malcolm's ranch to see if his truck was still sitting in the driveway and before yesterday seeing that would've been enough to ease any fears he had about RaeLynn (Sabella) still being there. But it wasn't enough today, not after seeing her sitting behind the wheel of that strange contraption.

He thought about Malcolm and he smiled.

'What am I worried about?' he asked himself. 'Malcolm isn't going to let RaeLynn (Sabella) leave him or Culbert County.'

He laughed out loud realizing that he was worried over nothing. He had the best watchdog in the county keeping tabs on the object of his desire.

Sheriff Jenkins opened his car door and eased his morning tired body out of the car, raised his arms up, stretching out the kinks from having spent the night in said car. Then he walked around the other side of the car, unzipped his pants, pulled out his cock and began to relive himself on the ground, as he zipped his pants back up his radio went off.

"Sheriff, your Uncle is requesting your presence at his home," the dispatcher told him.

"Alright," the Sheriff replied, "I'm headed that way. That's where I'll be if you need me."

"Roger, over and out," the dispatcher replied.

Confident that his little bird hadn't flown the coop the Sheriff made his way over to his Uncle's house.

(((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))

Former court Judge Samuel James Wheats sat behind his desk, in his den, smoking a cigar listening to the citified private detective give him the same report that he'd received from every private detective he'd hired over the last thirty years.

"I'm sorry your Honor but that's all the information, I could get," the detective said. "If anyone knows what happened the night your wife died, they're either dead themselves, or they're not talking."

Judge Wheats thought this man stood a better chance of getting the information he wanted because he was colored.

He hoped the man's skin color would allow him to mingle with the local coloreds, listen to them talk and gather information about the fire that took his wife's life. But the local coloreds were being just as tight lipped as the local whites even after thirty years.

He knew that the information he wanted, was out there somewhere and that somebody besides the people who killed his wife knew who was involved that night, and he was determined to find out who was responsible no matter how long it took.

"Here's your money," Judge Wheats said placing a bundle of bills on his desk and pushing them towards the man. "I suggest you take the next bus out of town. I dislike failure and I hate paying for it even more."

The man didn't say anything he just took his fee, left the Judge's den and headed out the front door, where one of the locals was waiting to take him to the next town where he would take the next train back home.

Judge Wheats chuckled as he watched the man almost run to escape his presence. The man didn't have anything to worry about, at least not from him. He was saving his anger for the people who killed his wife.

He turned his chair around so that he was facing the portrait of his wife, Sarah Jane that hung over the fireplace mantel her face smiling face looking down at him.

He smiled when he remembered how he had to talk her into sitting for the portrait, how she thought it a pretentious thing to do. He finally got her to agree to sit for by telling her how happy it would make him to have a picture of her smiling at him even when she was angry with him hanging in his den.

That remark made her laugh, and she agreed to sit for it telling him if he kept making court decisions the way he did that it would really be the only way he would see her smile.

Who, knew that six months later that she would be taken away from him.

"You were right, Sarah Jane." Judge Wheats said looking up at the painting. "You always said that my actions would cost me something very dear to me, if I didn't change my ways. I just never expected it to cost me the thing I held dearest to my heart, you. But, I promise you Sarah Jane that I'm going to find out who took you away from me. I won't rest until I find out who robbed me of your presence in my life."

Judge Wheats imagined the disapproving look that would've appeared on his wife's face if she was actually in the room when he spoke his promise of revenge.

"Don't give me that look Sarah Jane," he said to the portrait. "I know you don't approve of revenge, but they must be made to pay. I know the people who did this is part of the Secret Brotherhood, but I'm not going after all of them. I only want the people who set the fire."

That was the only concession the Judge was willing to make, but even that had a time limit and time was running out. Pretty soon he would let the chips fall where they may and just like his Sarah Jane innocents would be caught in the crossfire.

(((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))

Ed sat in his driveway resting his head against the steering wheel of his car dreading what he was about to do. Go, inside his house and break his daughter's heart and tell her that the thing she wanted most in the world wasn't going to happen. She and Malcolm weren't going to get married.

Slowly easing out of his car, Ed made his way into his house. Once he was inside, he heard Carolyn on the phone telling someone about her pending marriage to Malcolm. He heard her call the person she was talking to Peggy, knowing that she could only be talking to Peggy Mason the combination society and gossip columnist for the local paper. Ed rushed over, took the phone from Carolyn and put it up to his ear.

"Don't you print that, Peggy," Ed said his tone threatening. "If you do I'll sue the newspaper and you personally."

He then slammed the receiver of the phone back on to it's base.

"Why did you do that daddy?" Carolyn asked her father. "I want everyone to know that Malcolm and I are getting married, you know the best way to do that is to put it in the paper."

"There isn't going to be a wedding," her father said.

"What?" Carolyn replied looking at her father, as if he'd lost his mine. "What're you talking about? Of course there's going to be a wedding, putting the wedding announcement in the paper will ensure that the wedding happens. Malcolm wouldn't dare back out once it's in the paper, he'll be trapped. He'll have no choice but to marry me."

"There isn't going to be a wedding, Carolyn," her father stated again.

"Why do you keep saying that?" Carolyn said getting up from the couch where she was sitting. "Malcolm and I are getting married."

"No, you're not," her father said.

"Malcolm will either marry me, or he'll go to jail for raping me," Carolyn said.

"There...isn't...going...to...be...a...wedding!" Ed yelled slowly and succinctly, "Malcolm, and you will not be getting married."

Carolyn turned away from her father and made her way over to the telephone. She picked up the receiver and dialed Malcolm's number.

"Hello," Malcolm's cold and tense voice said into the phone.

"Has she left yet?" Carolyn asked her voice showing just a hint of shakiness.

"No, she hasn't left." Malcolm replied. "She's not going anywhere and I'm not marrying you and you better not call here again."

Malcolm hung up on her. Anger running through every vein of her body Carolyn hung up the phone, then she picked it up and was about to call the Sheriff when her father snatched the receiver from her hand and hung it up.

"Why did you do that?" Carolyn asked.

"To keep you from making a fool of yourself," her father replied.

"He raped me," Carolyn said.

Ed looked at his daughter, his eyes letting her know that he knew that she was lying.

"I'm not lying, daddy." Carolyn said using her best daddy, please believe me tone. "Malcolm raped me.'

"I saw you when you left the house yesterday morning," Ed said letting Carolyn know that jig was up. "I saw you come downstairs wearing a coat. I wondered why you were wearing it since it is July the height of summer. I also watched you go over to the bar and pour yourself a couple of shots of whiskey and chug them down. I wondered what you were up to, it all came together when Malcolm brought you home, and you jumped out his car wrapped in a sheet claiming that he raped you.

"That doesn't mean that Malcolm didn't rape me," Carolyn said.

"It means if he did have sex with you (which I doubt), that you got exactly what you went over there for and that isn't considered rape," her father said.

"I'm still going to call the Sheriff." Carolyn said picking up the phone once again. "It'll be his word against mine, and I know the Sheriff will believe me over Malcolm because he's been dying to get inside Malcolm's house so that he can his hand on his colored houseguest. My accusing Malcolm of rape will give him the leverage, he needs to accomplish that."

"The Sheriff isn't going to believe you," Ed said, "not when I tell him how you weren't dressed when you went over to Malcolm's house and what I saw you doing before you left the house."

"You wouldn't do that," Carolyn said the tone of her voice showing how shocked she was that her father would betray her.

"I'm not going to lie for you," her father said.

"You were willing to lie for me yesterday," Carolyn said. "You had no problem backing my lie up then. What happened to change your mind?"

"I came to my senses." Ed replied, "and I realized that blackmailing or forcing Malcolm to marry you wasn't a good thing to do to either of you. It's not a good way to start a marriage."

"Don't give me that shit!" Carolyn screamed.

What happened next shocked both father and daughter. As soon as the words were out of Carolyn's mouth the back of her father's hand went across her face, the force of the slap sending her crashing against the table where the phone sat, causing both Carolyn and the phone to land on the floor.

Tears started streaming down Carolyn's face and blood ran from the corner of her mouth. She looked up at her father the shocked look he wore replaced with anger.

"Don't you ever curse me again," her father said. "I don't care how angry you get at what I s what I do or how I act, you're never to curse me again. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, daddy," Carolyn replied rolling herself into a ball covering her head with her arms because as her father spoke spittle flew out his mouth. His voice grew louder, and she was afraid that he would hit her again.

"Now, get up and go to your room," Ed ordered. "And you'll stay there until I tell you to come down."

"Yes, father," was all Carolyn said as she got up and made her way upstairs to her bedroom.

(((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))

"It's time for this thing to come to an end." Thomas said stomping back and forth across the Mayor's den. "I'm tired of this thing over our heads, like a two ton weight, waiting to come crashing down on all of us, and I'm tired of Malcolm holding the string that could bring it down on us."

Thomas' eyes flashed with anger. His huge hands were balled into fists, his face as red as a strawberry. His two hundred pound body seemed to grow bigger like a cartoon character the angrier he became. "I don't even see why I'm here. I had nothing to do with what the three of you, and Malcolm's father did. My brother was the one involved in it, and it ain't my fault that he's not here to accept the consequences of his actions."

"If you felt that way, why didn't you tell Judge Wheats when you found out about what we'd done when you found out twenty years ago?" Bart Samuelson asked.

Bart Samuelson, sixty-five years old, balding head of silver gray hair, weighs one hundred eighty pounds, stands five feet, eleven inches tall. He has a nice body and sun tanned skin from years of working on his ranch, his dark brown eyes staring at Thomas.

"How do you think the Judge is going to feel when he finds out you've known for the last twenty years who killed his wife, and you haven't told him. The man has been trying to track down information about who set the fire that killed Sarah Jane for the last thirty-odd years. I don't think he's going to be in a forgiving mood if he finds out you've been holding back that bit of information all of these years."

"I'm going to have to agree with Bart on this one," Richard (Slick) Davidson said adding his two cents on the matter.

Slick Davidson (as he still liked to be called) stands six feet tall, two hundred-ten pounds, a well built man whose body wasn't developed from working on his ranch the way his friends were (he felt that was what ranch hands were for). He maintained his body by working out on exercise equipment in his basement for hours on end. The tan he sported was from lying out in the sun beside his pool. Richard was a man who believed that physical labor was best left with those without the ability to pay someone else to do it for them, which he could do.

"Judge Wheats isn't going to believe you had nothing to do with his wife's death," Slick said running a hand through his dyed brown, wavy hair, his blue eyes laughing at the panic he saw in Thomas' eyes when thinking about his predicament.

"What was his wife doing at that house any ways?" Thomas asked, "A proper woman wouldn't be at a darkie's house that late at night and her husband wouldn't allow her to be there if he cared anything about her or her reputation."

"You must not remember Sarah Jane Wheats, that well," Slick said chuckling. "She was her own woman, nobody told her what to do, not even the Judge."

"Sarah was friends with the boy's mama." Bart replied. "She was sick, too sick to tend to her family. Sarah went over to help out. The judge dropped her off. He was supposed to pick her up later that night."

"Why didn't you wait until Sarah Jane was gone to set the fire?" Thomas asked. "You had to know that even the thought of his wife being hurt would piss off the Judge."

"We didn't know that she was in the house until after we set the fire and Judge Wheats drove up, jumped out of his car and started running up to the burning house calling her name," Slick said. "By the time we learned she was in there it was too late, everybody inside the house was dead. We wouldn't have set the fire if we'd known she was in the house."

"The judge would've died that night along with Sarah Jane if some of the people who came to help the boy's family hadn't held him back," the Mayor said. "He promised that whoever was responsible for Sarah Jane's death would pay, and he's been tracking down information about the fire and hiring private detectives since the day he made that promise."

"If he knows that someone involved in the Secret Brotherhood was responsible for the fire, why hasn't he taken his revenge against the whole group?" Thomas asked.

"The Judge doesn't operate like that," Mayor Jones said standing up and away from his desk, moving over to his big picture window. "He wants to be sure he gets the people actually involved in burning down the house."

"Whose bright idea was it to remove your hoods and take the picture?" Thomas asked.

"Malcolm's daddy," Bart said his voice and face showing how much he regretted taking the damn picture. "He left Malcolm in the car once the house really began to burn suggested we line up in front of the house and take the picture so that we would have proof to show the rest of the members that we were the ones who took care of those darkies."

"Malcolm found the picture when he went to clean out his father's safety deposit box at the bank," Samuelson said. "And he's been using it to keep us in line ever since."

"Is that the reason you and the Sheriff closed down your thriving used car business?" Bart asked the Mayor.

"Yeah," Mayor Jones replied. "He threatened to turn the picture over to the Judge if we took another car, so we had to stop."

"I bet the Sheriff wasn't happy about that," Thomas remarked. "the two of you made a lot of money reselling those cars and splitting the proceeds."

"It was my intention to turn this place into a big time cash cow," the Mayor said, "but Malcolm shut me down at every turn. That's why I'm agreeing with you. I think it's time we came up with a way to break the hold he has on us."

"How do you suggest we do that?" Bart asked.

"Fire worked once, it'll work again." Mayor Jones replied.

"I don't want to have anything to do with murdering anyone," Thomas said. "I do want to get Malcolm off our backs, but I'm not that desperate."

"What do you suggest we do then?" Slick asked.

"I'm not making any suggestions," Thomas told him. " I'm leaving right now because I want no part in this discussion."

Thomas passed Ed on his way from the Mayor's den to the front door. As he passed Ed noticed that his skin was as white as a sheet.

"What's gotten into Thomas?" Ed asked as he joined everyone in the Mayor's den.

"We're discussing how we're going to deal with Malcolm, and he didn't like the turn the conversation took," Slick replied.

"What're thinking of doing?" Ed asked.

"Setting Malcolm's place on fire," Mayor Jones replied, his voice cold and emotionless.

"What about the girl and the babies?" Ed asked his tone showing no hint of revulsion at the Mayor's suggestion.

"I want the girl," Sheriff Jenkins said walking into the room joining the men.

"You're going to have to be satisfied fucking Annabelle," his Uncle said. "Leaving that girl alive isn't an option. Malcolm might've told her about what we did and until Judge Wheats and his entire family dies out, we can't leave anyone alive that could become a threat to us the way Malcolm is."

Annabelle is a seventeen year old colored girl whom everyone in Culbert County knew that the Sheriff was forcing to have sex with him any time he wanted by threatening to lock her father up.

Annabelle couldn't allow that to happen because she loved her father and without the money, he brought in her family would struggle more than they already were, so she gave in and did as the Sheriff wanted.

Sheriff Jenkins was surprised that his Uncle knew about him having sex with Annabelle. He thought that he'd been very careful whenever, he and she met.

"Don't look so surprised Carl," the Mayor said smiling at his nephew. "Culbert County is too small to keep most things a secret. That's why whenever you do anything sneaky or against the law you have to be like a magician and give them something else to focus on while you're doing what you really want to do."

((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))

'It's almost over.' Malcolm thought to himself as he laid in bed with Sabella at his side holding her in his arms. 'It's almost over."

A nightmare had awakened Malcolm at four that morning and made going back to sleep impossible. The thought of closing his eyes and the dream coming back to haunt him scared him.

Unable to go back to sleep, Malcolm eased out of the bed careful not to awaken Sabella. He left his bedroom and made his way over to Sabella's bedroom, went over to her nightstand, picked up her cell phone and pressed the number two button.

"Hello, Lil' Sis," Mark said answering his cell phone expecting to hear Sabella's voice on the other end.

"It's me," Malcolm said.

"Well, well," Mark said surprised to hear Malcolm's voice on the other end of the phone. "You finally got brave enough to use Sabella's phone."

mspat
mspat
545 Followers
12