Sacrifice Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
pandarus
pandarus
2,702 Followers

It had been a little foolish...but it was done. She could only hope it didn't cause too much trouble. Perhaps she'd tell him afterward. It was easier to beg forgiveness after all...or so they say.

Another glance told her he was in a surprisingly good humor...surprising considering the general company. It reminded her of his satisfied expression when he'd appeared earlier.

"You made them miserable didn't you?" She asked softly, leaning in toward him so as not to be heard by those nearest them.

He said nothing and took another sip of wine, but his eyes answered over the top of the cup. She bit the inside of her lip.

"I thought you looked awfully pleased. What did you say?"

"Not much. I just reacquainted them with my growing impatience. I'm not the only one, but out host seems more than content to be serene, and bid us to likewise. I made some unkind comments about his intelligence and competence in response...and we sort of carried on from there." He bit out the word 'host' with an acidity that surprised her.

"Not overly fond of him I take it?"

"Not by half. But the feeling is mutual, believe me."

"Is it wise to antagonize him?" She asked after a moment, dropping her voice that much lower.

"Wise?"

She bit her lip, but pushed on. "It's just...he is our host..."

Thelios snorted. "Only because he insisted and no one else felt like arguing with him. It's not as if I'm letting any of them within spitting distance of my own home."

"Fair enough." she agreed. What new hell that would be, she thought ruefully. As if there would be any where to put them all any way. "He wouldn't do anything to strike at you though, would he?" She wasn't thinking of his safety alone, or even hers. Her fingers flinched as she fought the urge to cover her stomach, a habit which was slowly getting the better of her as the days progressed. She really did need to tell him soon, it was something he might want or need to take into consideration. It Was his child after all, and could be affected by whatever affected the father. Perhaps tonight?

"I doubt it." He muttered. "What would he do, anyway?"

She winced slightly as a few choice responses crossed her mind. It didn't bear thinking about. She didn't express her thoughts, but he must have read some of them in her face because she felt his hand wrap around her partially folded leg. She looked up into his eyes and saw his silent assurances there.

It didn't destroy her apprehension, but it was certainly calmed.

She slid her foot down until the back pressed lightly against the inside of his knee, then looked away toward the now empty floor.

From one of the small flocks a woman emerged, stepping lightly toward the center of the open space. She was wearing a strip of fine white cloth crossed over her breasts, held there, apparently, by a broad, ornate necklace of layered gold, and another held in place by a similar belt of gold wrapped around her hips.

She paused in the center of the room and raised her arms languidly over her head. Around them the mild din of conversation and became subdued as all eyes drifted to the patiently waiting dancer.

Apparently the games had begun.

pandarus
pandarus
2,702 Followers