Sadie Outlaw Ep. 002: TEXAS FOLDEM

Story Info
"Spaghetti Western my ass. Not enough sauce for my appetite."
7k words
4.66
8.3k
5
6

Part 2 of the 9 part series

Updated 09/14/2022
Created 02/10/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,873 Followers

"Time to wake up Sadie."

Slapping herself in the face repeatedly shocked her as much as the strange scenery before her. Every single impact of her palm upon her face was barely felt. In her thoughts Sadie Outlaw had to still be dreaming. So where was her long list of dream lovers then? There was no way this could be possible, right? Time travel was only in bad sci fi movies. Those assholes at Wyndham Explorations must be testing new mind-altering drugs. That or Sadie Outlaw must have been drafted into season 5 of Westworld. Yeah, that was it. She was the new actor in her trailer waiting for her makeup artist. At least her train car had air conditioning. Will miracles never cease. Will this nightmare never cease. Possibly the same wrong turn at the mountain pass. Fucking conductor!

"This can't be happening." Sadie remained calm even though her thoughts were all over the place. Pacing the center aisle from end to end, door to door she examined the distant horizon. Sure, enough her train car was on top of a damned mesa. No tracks in the rocks, not even scuff marks from a rough landing. Footprints up here would be like stepping on to the surface of the moon. First time for everything. One hell of a leap if you were sleepwalking. "Maybe I was knocked out cold and they airlifted the car up here. It's the only explanation. Fuck it, I need fresh air."

Attempting to open the back door she still found it locked tight. She had only been in this hellhole for an hour. That Carlsbad guy said something about temporal energies still swimming outside. Even as she tried to open the door a low pitch signal sounded a very feminine "Warning". Doubling up her fist she starts to hit the window then stops. If she were out in the middle of nowhere having a broken hand would not be in her best interest. At least she had common sense under pressure.

"General Westmore?" She turns around as if calling out in hopes that he could hear her. "Carlsbad?" Still no reply. "Anybody?"

"Yes?" She suddenly hears. Before her a hologram appears of a middle-aged woman with long dark hair pinned back into a bun. Dark rimmed glasses on her face. She was wearing a pants suit that made her look important.

"Who the heck are you?"

"My name is Matilda Ford. You may call me Tilly."

"Umm! Okay, Tilly... who are you exactly?"

"I have been chosen to offer what wisdom I can in your quest."

"Quest? What quest?"

"First, to locate your ancestor Jessup Outlaw of the Texas Rangers. you have exactly one year from this date and time period before he vanishes from historical records. It appears that he has important knowledge that my superiors find valuable."

"Are you a real person?"

"In 2022, yes. I have worked for the Wyndham's since the 1990's. You and I passed in the halls of Wyndham Explorations when you came in for your interview. However, you might not recognize me, I was being pushed around in a wheelchair. My image here is a hologram which allows me to stand. I suffered from a broken spine a few years back. This is technically all of the exercise I get. I am truly sorry for the loss of your grandfather and father. Undoubtedly they were both good men."

"Let's not bring that up family or I'm going to get pissed off further. How am I talking to you when Carlsbad and Westmore lost contact with me?"

"I am not speaking from the future over a radio. I am also this time jumper's primary computer. I have been updated with every known subject concerning the old west and its citizens, landscape, customs. I will do my best to guide you in all directions needed. Also, I am a psi. Therefore, I read minds quite easily unless they wear dampening equipment to prevent my eavesdropping. My talents have been connected to you by the nanites in your cell structure. I am with you wherever you go to help guide you. You can call me Tonto if you like."

"Not the first nickname I'd go for Ms. Ford. How can you do that if I'm God knows how far away from this buggy?"

"You have nanites coursing through you, attached to every muscle, every organ, every nerve. Those act as a communicator to keep us notified of your progress even if somehow, I should mentally lose contact with you. This time jumper has a beacon that will relay our transmissions to one another. The range is state of the art. One of our prior trips into the past, our computerized surveyor fired a tiny satellite into Earth's orbit which can bounce signals to this or any other time car we send. Inevitably to you, or whomever we dispatch. You were not the first rest assured. There were however... complications. We can speak of those another time."

"Won't this shiny buggy up here on top of Mesa Turdy appear out of place to the locals? Sun is bound to reflect off of its surface."

"It is unseen only heard but unable to find. As I said, part of your injections at Wyndham was to apply a series of nanites into your bloodstream. These nanites have various functions to aid you. One of which is that onboard communicator. You can ask me a question and I may answer within your head. Only your ears may hear my reply."

"WAIT A MINUTE." I the drama of acceptance Sadie was hearing only what she wanted until it finally sank in, "You bastards shot me up with tech? Without my permission? Oh, that's a lawsuit comin' if I survive this crap." Nostrils flaring, she calmed herself, "You said various functions. What else?"

"Wyndham has studied you for many years. We know of your strengthened immunity system. We have tripled down on that. Should you be stung by a scorpion or bitten by a snake the venom will not kill you. You might find yourself ill but certainly not dead, the nanites will purge your system around the wound itself before it can course through your veins. Exterior wounds will exist should you be shot or hit from behind. Any cuts or abrasions will heal almost simultaneously, provided nothing severe has been impacted. A bullet can still kill you. The organs will heal faster but a fatal shot is just that. I am afraid you are far from immortal. Even your bones have been amplified to three times their original density. Regardless, a fall from great heights would not be wise. Any accidental breaks can be prolonged and the nanites can reconstruct certain breaks, unless like mine, my severed spinal cord was beyond their repair."

"So, I could have punched that glass back there and not broken a knuckle?"

"If you are speaking of all windows on board this jumper know that they are built to withstand great impacts. From your current drop point even a roll down the side of the butte would not rupture them, nor dent the exterior. This jumper is built to be sturdy. It can also leave you behind if we should recall it. As long as you are in our service it will be returned with fresh supplies as required."

"I'm on a butte not a mesa. That means no water unless it's from rainfall. Speaking of water. I hope you packed me some."

"Of course. A reusable tank and shower are in the northwest sleep compartment, made to look like a sleeper via hologram in case you explored the jumper. If you will look behind, you, I will make things roomier."

"Say what?" Sadie turns to witness the seats on both sides dismantle themselves. Fabric rolling up, metal retracting into itself, all hydraulically lowering to the floor or sideways into exterior wall compartments. Lowering further still, the openings are replaced by shifting compartments beneath the aisle. All of this between the jumper and the butte's rocky floor. The vessel was still safe from those temporal energies Carlsbad spoke of. "Ain't that somethin'."

"Less claustrophobic I hope."

"A start. So how long am I a prisoner here?"

"Of the jumper or of the timeline?"

"Both."

"The temporal energies should subside in a few hours. We suggest you remain within for 24 hours to be positive. A counter meter will inform you of the best exit time and unlock the doors for you. If you notice it is cool inside your jumper. The exterior is designed with solar panels that will keep your jumper powered indefinitely. A generator will sustain lighting and heat your water. However, at night should you use lighting blackout shields on the windows will conceal your occupation up there."

"Couldn't have put this rig on lower ground, could you?"

"Strategically speaking it is safer up on the butte to avoid any human curiosity that might damage it. You can also see in all directions for miles. A radar system monitors large activity in every direction to inform you of traffic below. It will only inform you of human sized trespassers or larger animals such as horses or cattle. So, no playful bunnies."

"Speaking of cattle. Does this rig make a cheeseburger?"

"A microwave is present. You have enough food storage for three months. Astronaut food mostly which is nonperishable. You are a hunter it should be easy enough to supply yourself with sustenance."

"Hold up. I've seen a few movies in my time. Wasn't it Ray Bradbury who suggested that any casualty no matter how small, like a butterfly that we step on could alter the future? What if I killed a boar and it was destined to sire 50 piggies before destiny took over? Won't I be violating the natural order?"

"Perhaps. Would you rather starve?"

"Well, no. Just trying to make sense of what you asshats are making me go through. Fine I'll kill Porky. You mentioned my ancestor Jessup. Why again am I looking for him?"

"History has offered clues to his disappearance yet nobody knows for certain where he went. It is your job to locate and tail him. It is unwise to risk communication unless it becomes unavoidably necessary. We ask that you do not let your emotions get the best of you. Telling him who you are and what you are there for is not advisable. For one he will think you are insane."

"Obviously, you didn't read my profile. I am a tad insane." She laughed. "One time in disband camp!" Her unit left her behind in Afghanistan and she still ended up extracting a number of them for a medal of valor.

"Emotions are impossible to restrain indefinitely. While it has been noted that you can be quite cold and insensitive in battle, you do know how to feel for the innocent. Did you not cry at your grandfather's funeral? Your father's? Your uncle's? When your dog Goober died when you were 7?"

"You people know about Goober? How far back have you been keeping tabs on me?"

"Since birth."

"WHAT??? You people stalked me even in the womb?"

"You are the descendent of Jessup Outlaw. Therefore, it was important to prepare you even at a young age. Your family knew much Sadie, some even part of this expedition. Do you recall going to the local Dairy Prairie for milkshakes with family?"

"Don't tell me you bastards fed me drugs in my chocolate milkshakes."

"We did. Each doctors visit you received a series of shots. Nurturing your immune system throughout your adolescence allowed for stronger cells, to enable our nanites to increase your biology once they were introduced. Adrenalin surges can evolve performance. Your peak athletic prowess also increased as needed."

"I was pretty fierce running in track back in high school. So, what? I can beat Bruce Lee in a fight?"

"Highly doubtful, unless you trained with the Shaolin. However, you could certainly have pushed him to his limits, you do have a black belt. With the nanites within you, your muscles allow a sturdier dexterity, flexible as needed, malleable perhaps a better word. It is suggested in theory that you have the strength and speed of three adult men who have trained their entire lives for the Olympics."

"My uncle worked for you guys, didn't he? He spent quality time with me to test my abilities."

"Yes. He did indeed love you though. None of his feelings were a lie. I know this firsthand."

"How could you?"

"I was Colonel Outlaw's lover. We spent many beautiful years together off and on."

"Say, what? Seriously?"

"Yes. I know this comes as a shock. I felt you needed to understand that not everything was some dark deception. It was your uncle that suggested we at Wyndham formulate you into a soldier to be reckoned with."

"Even as a baby? Come on Tilly." Sadie grows suspicious.

"Of course not. We clued him in on the benefits of your alteration early on. As a descendent of Jessup, you were a top priority. Others, like Brandon were as well, but we learned early on that the male descendants, males in general were not so easy to survive time traveling. Females were. We were able to alter him like you with nanites but unfortunately those cute little healers cannot prevent insanity. If he would have been able to avoid that curse Brandon might be in your boots right now tailing Jessup instead. Not only was he too old at the time of our acquaintance to be subjected to newer version experiments, but the necessary time also required to let his cells evolve would have been a wasted effort. His one and only trip back in time his brain succumbed to the temporal flux that reacts in all of us, the aging process that is. It is important to understand that females are the best time travelers. Something within our genome accepts the stress better than it does on men. Males... tend to go mad."

"So, he suffered dementia." I haven't seen Uncle Brandon since my first year in the Army. Is he really dead?" She dreaded the question, but the family did only have ashes after he was supposedly flown home from the warzones.

Even Tilly's hologram lowered her head not prepared to answer Sadie. "I am not allowed to offer further information on him, at least for the time being. Please forgive me."

"So, he is alive. What the fuck? Your actions told me what I needed to confirm. Give him my love." She grits her teeth disgusted by the revelations and lies. So, whose ashes were on her mother's fireplace mantle?"

"We must discuss the side effects to our alterations to your biology."

"Let me guess flatulence?"

"Hardly. Mood swings will occur. Please learn to contain your rages."

"Rages? Don't get me started on rages. You're the bastards that are making me Terminator. Like Arnie once said... I'll Be Back! Count on that Wyndham's. I will demand answers."

"Understood! Your hormones will be quite active."

"As if they weren't already." She rolls her eyes.

"Unfortunately, the nanites introduced within you have stimulated your pituitary gland. As the nanites continually increase your immune system, strength, dexterity, and bone density, they also agitate your endocrine system. There will be days that you will need to relieve yourself sexually to prevent the rages. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Trust me I can relate."

"Wouldn't be a problem if the guys in this era knew hygiene. If I end up fucking toothless hillbilly's because I can't help myself, I'm coming after you Wyndham's. I better not get gonorrhea... or syphilis."

"Your immune system will prevent sexually transmitted diseases. Even your monthly periods will be minor. Perhaps a purge within hours. Mine ended in under two. I am afraid pregnancy will be impossible. I'm sorry."

"At least I won't get knocked up in 1876. Good to know Tilly. Now I can fuck every cowpoke in Texas." She scowls at the thought. Surely, there were at least a few good men out there. Shrugging off the thoughts of sex she discovers a faint itching on her shoulder. Reaching awkwardly to scratch it she concludes it was just her fresh tattoo healing up.

"You have noticed your tattoo discomfort."

"Not really discomfort, it just itches."

"The ink your lifelong friend Boone Tickle Bear used on your tattoo was designed by Wyndham to keep you on track."

"What is that supposed to mean? Wait! Boone worked for you asswipes?"

"He did not. We merely replenished his ink when he was not around. Your friend had no idea of his involvement. Unfortunately, my superiors needed a failsafe to keep you from going rogue in 1876. If you stray too far from your goal the ink will create a lethal toxin that not even your immune system could not counteract. You were sent back on a specified mission. While we will give you a lead way to get used to your surroundings to the point of knowing how to navigate Texas in this era, you will not be allowed to deviate too far away from Jessup's locations. I will guide you."

"Google maps in my noggin? Do I even know where to find Jessup in this time period?"

"Yes. On this date in 1876 Jessup Outlaw is with the Texas Rangers in Laredo Texas for one more month before moving toward your location to collect prisoners. We suggest that you stay within 100 miles of your current position. Move into the smaller towns and do your best to blend in and wait it out."

"I'm not wearing a fucking petticoat like a saloon girl. I wear what I have on now or just inject me with whatever your toxin has to offer. If I'm going to live in this era for God knows how long, you folks had better learn to understand how I operate. I'm not afraid to die. My medal of Valor should have clued you in on that so, you people decide really fast to stay out of my way and do what I need to do."

"Your current clothing will stick out and raise suspicion."

"Don't care. This bullshit gets thrown my way against my will; I intend to live how I'm used to. I'll just be the hottest bounty hunter around. Trust me I can take care of myself."

"As you wish. Try not to expose too much future technology to the locals."

"Do as I please Tilly Ford." She holds her ground. "We both know the rednecks in this time period wouldn't have a clue what to do with an electric toothbrush or a douche. Hell, they would probably try and drink it."

"I speak of cellphones which are useless in this era. Even your pocket watch is too high tech. Not to mention that Jessup has the very same watch."

"Not giving up my locketwatch. It has a compass too. My cell I can leave behind but I'm not going to. It's only good if it's charged up, even if for just pictures sake, but I'm lost without it. Fuck it, fine I'll leave it here."

"Thank you, Sadie Lynn. It can be charged here in the time jumper for just such uses. Taking it out into the wilderness will only see it taken from you or destroyed. History must not be interrupted too heavily. The population out there is quite unpredictable. Between Comanche and Apache, there are bands of Mexicali desperados roaming between towns. There are numerous farms to the east of your location. Some welcoming, others less than accommodating."

"I can handle them. I'm taking my Glock. Don't try and stop me. Out here the forensics are next to none concerning autopsies and ballistics. Bang, dead, Undertaker." She persists.

"Agreed. Use your ammunition sparingly. In all actuality the Wyndham's predicted you would do this. Below the aisle is a cache of guns and ammo, where you will find a case of extra clips for your Glock. Keep your Glock hidden well until needed. To be worn on the outside there is a facsimile Colt six shot Army revolver residing in that cache with bullets along with a holster. Likewise, a Winchester rifle will suit your expertise in long range firing."

"I'll need practice on old school firearms. I'm sure I'll catch on fast."

"We have no doubts. A sizeable backpack for traveling is also beneath the aisle. Your military issue duffle is awkward. Find yourself a horse without stealing one. We would hate for you to be hung for being a horse thief. Although your increased biology and bone density might allow you to survive a broken neck due to a noose."

"Now that I like hearing. And how do I afford a horse? Not like I can use the money in my wallet which hasn't officially been printed yet."

"We leave that up to you. Just be careful not to find it illegally. Please stay within the realm of the law."

"Right! Don't rob a stagecoach. Got it."

"Is there anything else before I power down my hologram?"

SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,873 Followers
12