Sailor's Delight

Story Info
Great sailor shows lady how it is done.
8k words
4.75
89.9k
23
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sailor's Delight

I walked slowly down the pier looking at all the sail boats in their slips. I love sailboats. It has been a long time since I have been aboard one. Some of the slips are empty. Most are not, even though there are many people aboard their boats.

I stop and look at one boat I find interesting. It is about 26 feet long and strictly a day boat. She is completely open, no cabin, sloop rigged, no centerboard, no motor. A woman was scrubbing the deck on her hands and knees. She noticed me looking at her and smiled up at me.

"Ma'am you have her looking shipshape and seaman like. She is a beauty."

She grinned' "Thank you kind Sir, I do try hard." She had a beautiful smile. She was a very lovely black woman. I smiled and said, "She looks like an old Naval Academy boat."

She jumped to her feet, "How do you know that?"

"I sailed in them for years at the Academy and then I sailed one almost every day during the warm weather when they transferred a lot of them to the Naval War College in Newport Rhode Island. God, that was a couple of centuries ago I think."

"Come on aboard if you want. I am through scrubbing for now."

She sat on the seat and smiled at me, "You are the first person in the five years we have had this boat that knew what she was."

"Well you have her in excellent shape. She looks like new. Do you sail her very often?"

"No, She is too tough for me to sail alone. Not having an engine makes it really hard for me to get her in and out of the slip."

"Today would be a perfect day. The wind is just right, you can almost sail her out of the slip and back her in when you get back."

"Do what?"

"Sail her out and back her in."

"I have never seen anyone do that. My husband can't even do that. EX husband, I should say. He always wanted to outfit her with an outboard for docking. I would never agree. I want to keep her original."

"Hey! Good for you Girl. She is a SAILBOAT, not a stinkpot. You got the boat in a divorce?"

She grinned, "Yes, I got the boat, he got the Harley."

"He was a complete fool. He let two lovely girls get away from him."

"Well! Thank you again! You have me blushing."

"How long has it been since you have had her out?"

"It has been forever, maybe six months. I am getting ready for my two sons to get out of college for the summer, then it will get some use. I just had her bottom done. I have new sails too. I am going to rig them now. Could I get you to help me?"

"I would love it. My name is John. John Nelson."

"Welcome aboard John. Those are the sail bags on the dock."

"Great! I'll get them."

I carried the sail bags down on the finger pier and handed the smallest one down to her. When she was clear I hefted the mainsail bag and stepped aboard with it. We sorted out the jib halyard, clipped the snaps to the jib stay and had the jib rigged in no time. The mainsail was a bigger job. We fed the foot slides onto the track and clew tracks to the mast track. I hooked up the out haul and down hauls, used a shackle to fasten on the main halyard. She helped get the sheets rigged.

The wind was directly on the bow so we hauled up the jib and cleated her down. The main was next. We adjusted the downhaul and the sails looked good. We sat and rested a minute.

"Young lady, I think we need to go for a test sail. Are you game?"

"John, I am if you are. Call me Maryann, please."

"OK, Maryann, let's make a plan. We have a nice steady wind. Not too strong, just right. It is right down the slip. I suggest we cast off the stern lines and the spring lines and I'll cast off one bow line. I use the remaining bow line to pull us clear of the slip. We will sheet in the main and the jib to what we figure are right for a close hauled tack. When we clear the slip I think you should back the jib to starboard while I run for the tiller. How does that sound?"

"I'm game if you are, we usually get the yard boat to pull us clear out to the channel."

"Hey, this is the way it was done for years. Ready?"

"I sure am, this is fun."

When the old boat was all most out of the slip I shoved the tiller to starboard and she started to turn. Maryann backed the jib and the bow swung nicely around. When the wind caught the sails we started moving. We sailed down the long lines of boats on either side. We heard yells of "Well done! Good show! Nicely done!" as we sailed out of the dock area.

Maryann ran back and kissed my cheek. "That was wonderful! Really great. Everybody motors out. The real sailors will be talking about that for months."

We sailed out the channel and out onto the huge lake. We made a few adjustments the sails and thought they looked just perfect. The old boat handled just fine. By a unspoken agreement Maryann handled the sheets and I steered. When we went about on another tack I trimmed the main sheet while she tended to the jib sheet. I was happy with the way the boat moved. Maryann grinned at me. She was very beautiful when she smiled. She appeared to have a perfect figure. Her ex was nuts.

"Well, Maryann, she is really near perfect. Let's go back. Are you ready?"

"You are right, I wish we could stay out lot's longer. I love this, you are the best I have ever sailed with."

"Thank you, girl. I am a bit rusty though. The wind hasn't shifted at all so I think we can sail back to your slip. Do you want to try it?"

"Yes, I sure do, that will really show them something."

"OK! First we are going to practice backing up a little bit. Now I am going to head over by that channel marker. We will pretend it is the first piling of your slip. As we approach we are going to slow by letting the sails luff. We just want to keep steerage way on the boat. Now as we get to the piling we turn sharply into the wind. Now you back the jib to the port side, I'll back the main to starboard. That's good. Hold it, Hold it. We are backing now. Hold it. Slack off a bit. Good. Hold that. Wonderful. We are ready." We sheeted in the sails and headed for the slip.

Every thing went as planned and we backed into her slip as slick as a whistle. A crowd gathered very rapidly as we secured the boat. A booming voice yelled, "Miz Farrell, that was beautiful. I've been Dock Master here thirty years and never saw it done before. It was just perfect. I would have sworn you had a motor if I didn't know better."

"Thank you Charlie, I just found a new captain. Can he sail or what?"

"Never seen better. I knew you were gonna wreck, I just knew it. Let me buy both of you a beer."

Maryann grinned at me. "Do you have time? Please!"

"I would really like that." I helped her on to the dock and we walked to the Yacht Club which overlooked the docks. We sat at a table and lots of people walked over and talked to Maryann. Everyone seemed to know and like her. She smiled and sat close to me and held my arm. She leaned to me and whispered in my ear. "Please forgive me, I want to make all those girls jealous."

"I like it." I turned my head and smiled at her and kissed her softly on the lips. She giggled, "That was perfect." I leaned to her ear and said, "I'll kiss you again if you will promise to go out to dinner with me tonight." She pulled back and a slow smile lit up her face. "You have a deal John. Wait!" She pulled her purse out and dug in it and found a card that she wrote on for several minutes. "Here is my address and my phone number. Call me and we will settle on a time. OK?"

"That sounds good to me."

Later, about six o'clock I knocked on the door of a nice condo not far from the Yacht Club. The door opened and Maryann greeted me with a kiss on the cheek. She was wearing a large bulky Terrycloth robe. "Good evening John, Please forgive me, I'll be ready in just a few minutes. Make your self comfortable."

I looked around the large living room. It was beautifully furnished. I walked and looked at a group of photos on a desk. Family, I guessed, there was a picture of Maryann with a huge black man. Then a picture of the man in a football uniform. Looked like the old Washington Redskins uniform. He had to be a lineman, huge. There were shots of two boys in various stages of growth. Good looking kids.

"I'm ready now."

I turned and saw a vision of loveliness and beauty. She wore a simple black dress with a scooped neckline, stockings and strappy black high heeled shoes. Her hair curled around her shoulders. She was absolutely gorgeous.

"Wow." I walked to her and took her hand and gently turned her so I could admire the whole outfit. I was afraid my admiration would show in the bulge in my trousers. I said, "Maryann, you look lovely this evening. I really like the way you look."

"Thank you, John. You look very handsome yourself. I like your suit. Silk?"

"Yes. Raw silk. Very light weight and quite cool. It is nice on warm nights like this."

"I think we look nice together. Shall we go?"

"Yes, Ma'am, I am at your service. Where would you like to go?"

"Do you like Italian?"

"My lady, I like anything you like. You choose, I am new to the area. Educate me, please."

"Fine, John, we will go to Torrelli's Grill. It is quite elegant and the food and service are superb. Plus, I have an ulterior motive."

"Are you going to tell me your ulterior motive, or are you going to leave me to just wonder about it?"

"Oh! Is this your SUV, it's very large."

"Here, let me give you a hand up. Are you in?'

"Yes, I'm fine."

"I apologize, this is my only vehicle right now. I am in the middle of moving here and don't have everything here yet."

"No need to apologize, it is quite comfortable and well appointed, it's a Lincoln isn't it?"

"Yes, it is."

We rode along for awhile according to her instructions. I looked to the west and saw the tail end of the sunset, the western horizon glowed bright red. I pointed it out to Maryann, "Look, you know the old saying don't you?"

"Which one is that?"

"The one that goes 'Red at night, Sailor's Delight.

'Red in the morning, Sailors take

Warning."

"I had forgotten that one, if I ever heard it. What does it mean?"

"It means that a red sky at night means good weather is ahead, and that if the sky is red in the morning it signifies bad weather is ahead. It is meteorologically correct."

"Really?"

"Yes but I want to think it means we sailors are going to have a delightful time tonight."

"I like your reading better, I think it is correct."

She said we were getting close and I saw the sign and pulled in. A valet took the SUV and we entered the restaurant.

"Mrs. Farrell, Good evening, it is so nice to see you again. Table for two?"

"Yes, Hugo. That would be fine."

We were seated and a waiter smiled at Maryann and asked if she would like her usual. She smiled and said that would be nice. I ordered a Captain and water. Maryann laughed, "That is my 'usual'."

"Will you tell me now?"

"What?"

"You know what. Your ulterior motive."

"Oh! That! Well I just wanted to show you off. My husband and I used to come here very often. My ex husband I mean."

"Ah! I am a pawn in a plan to make him jealous. Right?"

She quickly reached for my hand. "No, don't think that. I really want to enjoy your company in a place I like and am comfortable. Here I know the service and food will please us and I can concentrate on being with a good looking guy and having a good time. I will be pleased if some of my old friends see us and see I am still alive. You see, this is my first date since my divorce over a year ago."

"I am honored, dear girl to be your first date. I am very proud to be your escort this evening. To be honest, this is my first date in years too. I was divorced about three years ago and you are the first woman I have met I wanted to be with. There is no way I can tell you how much I enjoyed our afternoon together. I hope we can do that again sometime soon."

"Dear John, I loved it too. How about tomorrow afternoon?"

"You have a date. I'll get a picnic lunch and a bottle of wine and we can sail off to far, far places. OK."

"John, I love the way you think, but the lake is only six miles long at it's widest point."

"If I am with you it will seem like a far exotic place."

"You are a real sweet talkin' man. Momma told me to watch out for you guys."

"Will my sweet talking get me any where?"

"Sailor, you are right on course."

I saw her look up and I thought I detected a trace of fear in her eyes. I waited and heard a loud voice say, "Hi Maryann, you look nice tonight." I looked up and recognized her ex-husband. She introduced us and he reached out a huge hand. I took it, letting my hand slid up and hook his thumb and grasp around the back of his hand near his wrist. He couldn't get a real grip on me. I said I was glad to meet him.

He laughed and said, "Mr. Nelson, you are already famous around the Yacht Club. Evidently you and Maryann put on quite a show this afternoon."

I grinned up at him and said, "I'm sorry you missed it, Maryann was splendid. I just followed her instructions. I was merely the crew. She was the skipper."

"Bullshit! She ain't that smart."

I looked him up and down, then smiled. "I don't know about that. It looks like she makes some very good decisions."

"What the hell do you mean by that?"

"Well she knows when to turn, which tack to sail on, and how to get where she wants to go."

"Oh! Well yeah."

"Nice to have met you. Have a nice evening. Please excuse us our meal is arriving." I sat back down and ignored him. Actually it was our drinks arriving, but there wasn't much he could say without appearing a total fool. Maryann smiled at me with a huge smile. She took my hand and asked, "Will you dance with me please."

We danced several numbers. She pulled me close and whispered, "I loved the way you handled him. He thought he would hurt your hand but you outwitted him. You are really an old smoothie, Can I kiss you?"

"Only if you are sure he is watching."

"He hasn't taken his eyes off us since he got here."

"You knew this would happen, didn't you?"

"I hoped it would. I knew you could handle anything."

"Why did you think that?"

"Well, I knew you are very self-confident from this afternoon. Then I saw the insignia on the front of your SUV."

"You knew what it was?"

"Sure, it says right on it, U.S. Navy Seals."

"You know about Seals?"

"I have two young boys, they used to love to play 'Seals' and watch shows about them when ever they could. They are going to love you"

"You want me to meet them?"

"Only if you want it too!"

"I would be honored."

We ate a very nice meal. It was hard to really enjoy the meal because I must have been introduced to thirty or more people who stopped by our table to wish her well and say how good it was to see her. Even the owner came out and told her he had missed her and that he was so glad to see her our meal was on the house if she would promise to come back soon. Maryann looked at me, "I'll be back as soon as this man will bring me."

I grinned at the owner and told him that as good as everything was, we would definitely be back soon. I asked him if they had a table in the kitchen. He looked puzzled and said they had a chef's table. I said, "Next time we are here, I would love to set there so we can enjoy your wonderful food without being bothered by all the friends of this beautiful and delightful lady who want to see her. They all must love her very much."

"You are right, Sir, I will leave instructions either seat you there or in one of our small private dinning nooks. We all love her too. She is a very lovely lady and a dear friend to all of us."

"Thank you, perhaps on our next visit we can sit at a table in the main room after we finish our meal."

"Excellent idea, Sir."

Maryann looked at me, "John, I am sorry my friends ruined your dinner. Please forgive me."

"No, Dear Lady, I will not forgive you. You must be punished, you must suffer four of my best kisses on your delicious lips to pay for your crime."

"Oh! No! Not that! I promise to be good."

"Too late, you did the deed, now you have to pay."

"Wait, there are some more people I know. If I wave them over how many more kisses will I get?"

"You are incorrigible. You will have to endure hugs and caresses as well as the kisses."

"Hey! Dorothy, how are you? Nice to see you too, Ted.

Talk to you later."

"That does it! You are in real serious trouble now."

Maryann clapped her hands, "Oh! Goodie! I am in for it now. Take me home and punish me right away. I have been a very bad little girl."

"That is just what I have in mind."

We walked out and the SUV was there as if by magic. Damned good service. I tipped the valet twenty bucks. Maryann scooted over next to me on the seat and kissed my cheek as I drove. "I just loved our evening, John, you were perfect in every way. Handsome, well dressed, charming, entertaining and atentative to my every need."

"Have all your needs been satisfied for the evening Dear Lady?"

"Hell no! Not yet."

"Do you think your ex is jealous enough now?"

"Who cares, I haven't thought about him since you brushed him off so casually. All I can think about is you. I have never enjoyed being with anyone as much as I have with you. I just like being near you."

"I love being with you too, my love."

"Am I really?"

"What?"

"Your love."

"I think so, yeah! I am damned sure you are!"

We pulled up in front of her condo and she said, "Could I entice you in for a cup of coffee?"

"I would love one."

When we were in her apartment she put a large glass measuring cup full of water in the microwave and turned to me. "I am going to go put on something I can relax in."

I removed my jacket and loosened my tie. I heard her heels on the kitchen floor and turned to see her standing in a sheer black negligee. I lost my breath. She was gorgeous. She still wore what appeared to be her lingerie from earlier, thigh high stockings, panties and bra, all of black lace and wispy sheer. She smiled, I hope I am not giving you the wrong idea by wearing this outfit."

"I really hope you are not too. The idea I have is very erotic and I would be willing to skip the coffee."

She giggled, "Let's go sit on the couch. Here let me take that tie and your jacket. There, doesn't that feel better."

I ran and sat on the couch.

"Wow, you are in a hurry it sit down, I was hoping for a hug first."

"I'm sorry, girl. You have me so excited I just had to set down."

"Really, let me see. Stand up, please."

I looked in her eyes and saw her wet her lips with her tongue. I stood up and looked her in the eye then watched as her gaze drifted down to my crotch. She looked up at me. "We are both adult enough to not be embarrassed by that aren't we."

"I'm not embarrassed" I said, "Any man would react to your beauty that way."

"Why, thank you John, but you are the only man I want to react that way. Come and kiss me." After a passionate kiss she took my hand and led me down the hall to her bedroom.

"John, I had promised myself this would not happen tonight. I don't want you to think I jump in every man's bed on the first date. You will be only my second man ever. I just need you so badly I can't wait. I have never been like this before." She stood before me and unbuttoned my shirt. She ran her hands over my chest. She unbuckled my belt and unzipped my pants. She pulled them down along with my under shorts. I kicked my shoes off and bent and threw my clothes aside. I stood nude before her. She put her hands on my hips and pulled me towards her. She looked me over carefully, then looked up at me. She looked very serious. She traced the scar on my chest with her finger tips. She ran the fingers along the scar on my thigh. "War?" she asked. I nodded. Tears ran from her eyes. "That was very close wasn't it?" she whispered. "I won't ever let you out of my sight again, you don't take care of your self." She pulled me closer and put her arms around me and held me tight, her head against my lower chest. She sobbed softly for a few minutes, then sniffled and rubbed her eyes. She stood and turned me with her hands and pushed me down to sit on the edge of the bed. She stepped back and tugged the bow holding her negligee closed. She dropped it from her shoulders. She reached behind her and unfastened her bra. She stepped closer to me and pulled her panties down. She was smoothly shaven. She slipped her shoes off and pushed me down on my back. She lay on top of me. She kissed me deeply, our tongues playing together. She tasted delicious. She pulled up, "Do you still want coffee?"