Saints and Heathens

Story Info
Where he was a Saint, she definitely wasn't.
19.2k words
4.75
42.6k
72
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers

Hello again, everyone. I want to take the time to thank you for reading my stories. This story is a romance story. There is some sex, however it is not explicit.

I want to thank Kalamazoo707 for her fantastic advice and help with this story. She is amazing.

Any mistakes found are mine and mine alone. So please, be kind. Thank you and enjoy. Please remember to vote and comment.

*

Mysha Knicks watched Clay Richards work in his yard as she did every morning since he moved in over a year ago and became the new minister at the church. Mysha hated the fact he was a minister, because in the town of Gospel there were two classes of people: Saints and Heathens.

Clay, in all of his blond glory, was a Saint. He followed the straight and narrow path. Every morning he would go for a jog. Returning home to pray in the alcove in his living room Mysha knew this because from her living room, she could see clear through the front of his house. After praying for twenty to thirty minutes, he would disappear in his bedroom and the come out dressed usually in dark slacks with a crisp white shirt.

Where Clay was a Saint, Mysha was definitely a Heathen. She didn't attend church, partied with her friends, and simply enjoyed living.

Mysha remembered when he moved in two summers ago. All of the members of the local church flocked to the house across the street. Excitement filled the air as the new minister was being moved into his new home. Their enthusiasm was contagious and Mysha felt happiness welling up inside of her.

Mysha saw a few of the girls she'd gone to school with and decided to walk over and talk to them. That's when she saw him. He was stunning, golden locks held in a band at the nape of his neck, sweaty from the exertion that it took to help unload the moving van, Mysha was enthralled by the look of him.

Very few things rendered Mysha speechless, but the appearance of her handsome neighbor was one of those events.

"Young Lady, you need to go back to your house. Your kind is not welcomed here." Mysha heard the scraggly voice of Mother Thomas, an elder lady from the church.

Mysha turned to face the older lady and was met by the disdain and dislike in her eyes.

Two years ago when Mysha first experienced the dislike of the older woman, it hurt. She actually went to the church and tried to become an active member. At first the people at the church were friendly, then one day she was going out with her friends and Mother Thomas saw her.

The look the old lady gave her was cold enough to freeze fire. That Sunday, when Mysha arrived at the church, she was invited to the Office of the First Lady of the Church, Mother Aggie Black. Apparently Mother Thomas, Mother Williams, and Mother Black felt the need to share a few home truths with her.

Looking at her with a look of disdain, Mother Black snidely stated, "Well, Mysha, I understand that your mother has not taught you how respectable women dress, but as the head woman in this church I am letting you know that in this church you cannot dress and act like a streetwalker."

Mysha was hurt and disappointed because she'd spent her whole life with people judging her and for once she thought that these people accepted her as she was. For the head woman in the church to come at her in this way was horrid. It hurt and for a second Mysha felt like nothing, a nobody. She'd failed to belong once again. Tears started to form in her eyes, hating the fact that she'd never be accepted by these people.

Mother Black was still talking. "Your mother wasn't saved and unfortunately could not teach you to be virtuous." Mother Black continued with Mother Thomas smiling evilly and nodding in agreement. The only one not attacking her at this point was Mother Williams, and she seemed to be caught off guard by these two as well.

"Yes, your upbringing was not your fault." Mother Thomas chimed in. "We will teach you the values of a Christian woman, unlike what your mother raise you to believe."

The digs at her mother was starting to annoy Mysha, but out of respect for these two women, she stayed silent, the whole while her heart was truly breaking.

"Anyway, it's obvious your mother had no morals and raised you to have none as well. She won't make it to heaven, but we will help you, dear. You don't have to remain ignorant like she did. "The two older women explained.

"Mother Black, I don't see the need to insult my mother besides you are out of line." Mysha retorted in defense of her parent. Mysha's mother died in a car accident when she'd just turned eighteen. She had no other living relatives and her mother was all she had. No one would insult her mother and she'd heard all she needed from these two old prudes.

"Uh!" Mother Thomas gasped and looking shocked. "So rude and you have no respect for your elders. You cannot talk to her like that. She is the head woman in this church."

Mysha angrily turned on Mother Thomas and in a low voice filled with rage she said, "Look, Mother Thomas, she had no right to insult my mother. The same way you don't have the right to judge me. I thought you were supposed to be Christians. But the way you-"Mother Black cut her off.

"That is enough. If you are not going to be more respectable, then you need to leave." Mother Black interjected standing to her feet.

Mother Williams sat and watched stunned at the level of intensity at which the two women attacked this girl. She didn't think it was fair so she decided to intervene and try to diffuse the situation.

"Mother Black, Mother Thomas, maybe you two should calm down. I'm sure we can all talk about this. Really, you are not being fair to Mysha." she stated calmly as she tried to get a handle on the situation.

Both of the furious older women turned on her. "You condone this, Mother Williams. You think this, this,...girl has the right to speak to us this way. I can't believe you. You've got some-" Mother Thomas attacked Mother Williams with Mother Black assenting in agreement with her.

Mysha at this point had seen enough. Stunned at the viciousness at which the two women attacked Mother Williams, she immediately jumped to Mother William's defense.

"She is a member of your church and because she speaks with reason you attack her. You two women are a set of old hypocritical bitches and I will not come back to this fake ass church.

Mother Williams, thank you. Of all the people here, you were one of the only ones that truly made me feel welcomed." Mysha looked at the two other women, collected her bag and stormed out of the door. With a crushed heart and damaged spirit, Mysha vowed to never enter that church again.

The two older women were appalled at the way Mysha spoke to them. Mother Williams was grateful to her for defending her against the two more prominent women, but she was also hurt. She didn't expect her friends to turn on her, but they were wrong and had no reason to attack Mysha the way they had. She felt the need to tell someone, but who could she talk to. This was the first lady of the church and head mother; she had just been elevated, so she had no recourse.

After Mysha stormed out, Mother Black apologized to Mother Williams for being short, and then she admonished her for not being willing to do God's work and stand against evil.

Time passed and Pastor Black retired, therefore a new minister was named. Pastor Black and his wife stayed just long enough to help the new preacher acclimate before moving to Florida.

The new pastor now ruled the roost. He sparked Mysha's interest. He seemed different from the other people in the town. Every morning when Mysha would leave for work, Clay would make sure he spoke and wished her a good day.

On the weekends when she didn't have to work, he would always walk over and invite her to join him for breakfast. When Clay would show up at her doorstep on Saturday morning, Mysha felt happy. She looked forward to spending a few minutes with him, but was apprehensive about joining him for breakfast so early in his home.

So whenever he invited her to breakfast, she'd always refused. He took her refusals in stride even though they made her more appealing to him.

He invited her to the church. She'd refuse. He'd invite her to social functions and she'd refuse. He talked to her at least once every day the first four months.

Once he realized she worked at the coffee shop, he came by to chat with her every morning. He seemed completely oblivious to the way certain members of his flock looked at her.

Mysha would watch him and admire his fantastic body. It was hard to believe he was a minister. He was so fine. He stood a little over six feet tall, with broad shoulders, a firm six-pack abdomen, and thick muscular pythons that she imagined would encase the woman he held in a tight embrace.

He was fair with his blond hair cut short so that it showed off his incredibly amazing face. Personally, she liked his hair long, because it curled around his neck. His clear grey eyes sparkled whenever she saw him. With his perfect face, perfect skin, and perfect body, Mysha was not surprised to see the single females at his church constantly making excuses the stop by his house.

Well, time's up. Stop ogling preacher man,Mysha thought. Some of us just aren't chosen. Hmmm.Mysha then got dressed for her first job of the week, barista at the coffee shop.

"Good morning, welcome to Sunshine Coffee. How may I help you?" Mysha greeted her twentieth customer of that morning. That customer ordered a chilled mocha with a ham and cheese roll. Mysha completed their order.

The customer collected their order a headed to their table. The next customer stepped forward and Mysha started with the standard greeting. "Good morning, welcome to Sunshine Coffee. How may I help you?"

"You can join me for dinner, Mysha. Do you work tonight?" Clay asked smiling at her as he stepped up in line.

Mysha's heart slammed in her chest. "Pastor Richards, you don't need to be seen out with me. What would your parishioners think?" she said as she smiled coyly.

Clay smiled, Damn, why is he so damn cute? Fuck, and he knows it.

He knew she found him attractive and watched him when he did yard work. Honestly, he hated yard work, but he worked in the yard just to see his gorgeous neighbor.

Clay liked black women. He always dated black women and Mysha was exactly his type.

Whenever he saw her, he smiled. Her presence always made his day just that little bit better. She was his vision of a perfect woman.

Clay looked confused and the he chuckled, "What, are you not human? I just want to have dinner with a lovely young woman."

"Pastor, if I went out with you, I'd want more than dinner. And you're a man of God, so I'd corrupt you. Therefore, I must say no. Ask one of the girls in your church out. Now what would you like to order?" Mysha smiled as she asked.

Clay smiled back. He loved her spunkiness. He knew that he wasn't supposed to date a nonbeliever, but God made everyone right and he was given free will. He wanted to get to know Mysha.

"Ok, well, we will see," he smiled and winked at her. "A large coffee with three sugars and some French vanilla creamer. Also add a Bear claw. Thanks."

Mysha fixed his order and collected the payment. She thanked him and moved on to the next customer.

"Good morning, Pastor Richards. How are you this morning Sir?" Mother Williams from the church greeted him.

"Good morning, Mother Williams, fancy meeting you here this early." Clay returned her greeting.

"Oh, Mother Thomas has a doctor's appointment and I'm driving her. She can't eat before her appointment, so I am just having breakfast before I pick her up." She explained.

"Is she well? I wasn't aware that she was having issues." Clay stated looking concerned.

"No, Pastor, she's doing well. It's just routine visit. You'll see when you're our age." Mother Williams chuckled.

Mysha laughed at something a customer said drawing the attention of Clay and Mother Williams.

Mother Williams saw him talking to her earlier and knowing the girl's history with the church, she didn't think the pastor being friendly with her was a good idea. Although Mother Williams liked Mysha and wished she felt welcomed at the church. She realized that with the way she'd been treated, Mysha might never want to return to the church. The new pastor had no idea of what happened with this girl a few years earlier so she would talk to Deacon Brother Jones and have him approach the pastor.

Clay bid Mother Williams a good day, took a moment to look at the object of his desire, and then left the shop. After reporting to his job at a local insurance company, he decided to pursue his lovely neighbor.

Clay didn't get much work done because his thoughts kept drifting to a certain gorgeous young woman. Dark chocolate brown skin, long black hair, deep dark brown eyes that sat in a face that reminded one of a young hot Gabriella Union, she stood five feet eight inches tall. He was six two himself and he loved a woman that matched his height. Mysha was amazing. She seemed to be a healthy size eight. He longed to fondle her ample breast, kiss her supple lips, and hold her curvaceous frame against his chest.

Many people thought just because he was a minister that he didn't have amorous thoughts about women. They were wrong. He studied the bible and believed in its teachings but he was also a realist. Men and women were put on this earth to attract each other, and he was not a monk.

He knew Mysha watched him, but what she didn't realize was that he watched her just as intently, if not more. She was a very attractive woman.

Clay knew that Mysha worked two different jobs and went to school at night. He felt that she took on too much. Clay wanted to find a way to be a part of her life. So he made it his mission to get one Mysha Knicks to give him a chance.

"Pastor Richards," head Deacon Jones was speaking, "Mother Williams said she saw you at the coffee shop talking to that girl this morning. Now we know you're concerned about all of the people in the city, but you can't mix with people that aren't of the church."

Clay looked at the elderly gentleman before him. As his elder, he would show him respect, but he did not have the right to tell him who he could and could not associate with.

"Deacon Jones, I appreciate your advice, but you will not tell me who I can and cannot associate with. If I want to speak with Mysha, I will." Clay smiled and softened his tone. "Deacon Jones, if we don't talk to unbelievers, how will we get them to come to the church? We have to communicate with people."

Deacon Jones looked penitent. The new young pastor had never spoken to him so harshly before, and he did have a point, the members needed to talk to people if they wanted to increase church membership.

"Pastor, you are right and I apologize." stated Deacon Jones immediately feeling contrite. "We've been charged to spread the gospel and you were just doing that. I'll talk to Mother Williams."

"Thank you, Deacon." Clay smiled and placed his hand on the older man's shoulder to reassure him that all was well. "You know what, maybe you could get with Mother Williams to organize an event for one weekend where we can invite the people in the neighborhood to visit our church.

They won't want to come if they don't feel welcome. And if they don't come, how can we spread the word?" Clay asked.

He knew organizing events was something his two elder members loved doing. Maybe they would invite Mysha and she would see the church in a different light.

Deacon Jones perked up. He'd wanted to do something like this for the longest, but the other members frowned on mixing with people who were not members of the church. He felt that now that the Pastor suggested it, it might come to fruition.

Deacon Jones smiled and went to his office to call Mother Williams immediately and tell her about Pastor Clay's idea.

Clay thought about his elusive neighbor, and decided he'd invite her to church again. He had invited her before, but she always refused for one reason or another. He realized that something happened when Pastor Black led the church, but he wasn't quite sure what. Tonight, he'd invite her out and try to find out what happened.

Clay sat in his living room waiting anxiously for Mysha to arrive home from her second job. She usually made it home around five thirty, but today she was late. It was a little after six when she walked up her driveway from the bus stop.

Moving slowly, shoulders slumped, with her head down, Mysha walked onto her front lawn seemingly dejected. No signs of the young energetic woman from earlier in the day. Clay watched helplessly recognizing that she was truly exhausted. Knowing she worked two jobs, he wanted more than anything to do something help alleviate her stress.

He got up and rushed outside, calling to her before she reached her front door..

"Mysha, hello."

She turned around and greeted him with a weary smile.

"Hey Clay," She waited briefly for his response before turning to head on into the house to put on her sweats and veg out in front of her television.

"Mysha wait, I was about to go out for some supper." Clay said stopping her again. "Join me. It will be my treat." He stated sheepishly.

"That's so nice, but you're ready to go. I need to shower, find something to wear, and then dress. It would take too long, maybe next time, alright." Mysha kindly declined his invitation.

Even though she spoke in a calm voice, her heart was pounding.

"I don't mind waiting. Take your time. I'll be sitting right here on my porch." Clay said.

Smiling Mysha hurried into her house to get ready as her sheer tiredness from earlier seemed to evaporate. Stripping as she rushed into her shower, she was elated to be joining him. As the hot water sprayed over her body washing away the tensions of her day, Mysha wondered briefly what, if anything, did this mean. Was he really interested in her or just being neighborly?

Mysha smiled and was excited as she dressed for her date. Date? Was this a date? Wanting to look nice for him, but not showing it Mysha selected a pair of black slacks with a baby doll top with small floral print. Deciding to accessorize, she added a golden chain she'd gotten from her mother with matching golden stud earrings. Finally she put on a pair of black pumps to complete her outfit.

Instead of applying her makeup heavily like she normally did, Mysha decided to keep it simple and going with a much lighter application and a touch of lipstick. She then dabbed perfume on her wrist. After she finished dressing, she checked herself in the mirror to make sure she looked alright. Grimacing at her appearance she felt like she looked almost like a proper young church woman.

Clay was patiently when her door opened. He stood transfixed as Mysha walked out dressed in such a demure way. Her true beauty radiated from her as he took in her amazing frame. She was simply perfect and he was overjoyed that she was willing to spend time with him. The woman was beautiful and that was a simple fact. As she walked from the door to his house, Clay hurriedly rushed to his the car to open the passenger door for her.

Mysha thanked him shyly, her heart pounded so hard, the sound was deafening as she quickly climbed into the passenger seat. Clay closed her door and moved quickly to the driver side and got it. Once he climbed in, he simply looked at her.

He wondered if she could hear the beat of his heart as it raced in his chest at the sight of her. He took note of the fact she was breathing rapidly as well as briefly wondered if she was as nervous as he.

Clay took a deep breath to try to get control his body and its reactions to his wonderful companion.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers