Sam Spade 08: Case of the Lost Kitten

Story Info
Sam is sent to pay one million ransom for Bobby.
28.1k words
4.83
6.2k
5
2

Part 9 of the 28 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/06/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is copyrighted 2007 by Kaereni, may not be excerpted, reprinted, reproduced, or reposted in any form without the express written consent of the author. Visitors to this web site may read or temporarily download pages but are not permitted to modify or re-distribute them.

The story contains sexual activities and situations that are to be read only by readers above the legal age of consent. All characters are above the legal age of consent. The story is not to be read in locations where such stories are illegal. If you are not of legal age, or live in the wrong place, please exit this site immediately.

Author's note: Thanks go out to mjm for the use of Maradith and her human Jason. Without your help and guidance this story could never have been written.

*

I was standing in the hallway waiting for him to get out of class and come back to his office when the phone rang. She had gone missing and they had searched everywhere. It fell upon Heather to make the call. I had just hung up assuring them that she would be fine when I saw her walking down the hall towards me. I wondered how she found me all the way on the other side of the continent so fast. As she got closer I realized she was every bit as beautiful and graceful as when we first met.

It all started a week ago, I was sitting in my office leaning back and thinking. A few days had passed from when Leanne had gone to join her sister working at the Dark Desires Brothel. I know it was not my fault but I still felt bad. A loud "Meerrroow" broke my thoughts. Looking around and then down I saw a sleek black cat standing beside the chair looking up at me. She meowed again and jumped in my lap. My eyes went at first to the closed doors and window of my office and then back to her. She walked up my chest as if she were an alpine climber until her eyes were level with mine. Her yellow golden eyes held mine a long time as if she were judging me. Finally, she dropped down and made a furry donut on my lap.

My hand reached out to stroke her back and I was rewarded by her soft purring. "I wonder where you came from." I asked her. She did not have the look of a stray; her black fur was excessively glossy for that. This was a well-cared for cat. I don't know how I knew she was female other than by her size. If she was a tomcat, then she was a very young male. The phone rang, moving carefully, as to not disturb the sleeping cat; I picked the phone up, "Yes Heather?" I asked.

"Mr. and Mrs. Edwards are here, Miss Spade," Heather replied.

With the exception of Jamie, all my girls took their turn in the office working the front desk. Today was Heather's turn. Of all of the girls, Heather was the one who was a true Lady. She was born into money and had a flair for judging people that was uncanny. She opened the door and let them in. As they walked forward, I gestured them to a pair of hard wooden chairs. I liked the feel of my office. While it was modern in every way, it had the look and feel of the early twentieth century.

I had always felt the greatest detective stories came from that era and I wanted to capture that feel. Mr. Edwards, dressed in the modern style suit. Frankly, an older, over weight man wearing what looked like pink silk pajamas seemed silly to me. But, it was all the rage. His wife on the other hand, had to be at least 30 years younger. From her bottle blond hair, to her fur coat and the way she all but hissed at Heather and I, screamed, gold-digger. I was willing to bet she was waiting Mister E to kick the bucket so she could find herself a young stud.

Putting on my best professional style I said, "How may I help you?" I normally would have stood but I didn't want to dump Kitten on the floor. I had decided her name was Kitten, it just fit. Looking down at her I also decided that whoever her old owner was, they would play hell in getting her back.

I looked up just in time to see Mrs. Edwards sneeze, "Is that a cat? I'm ..." she sneezed again, "Allergic to cats."

Mr. Edwards leaned towards his wife and said, "I'm sure Miss Spade won't mind getting rid of the cat, honey pumpkin."

I smiled and said, "No, Miss Spade is not getting rid of Kitten." I kept petting the cat and said my smile turning off, "You came to me, not the other way around." The man looked as if he wanted to debate the point but my cold hard stare stopped him. I looked at the woman; her sneeze was as real as her upper-class upbringing after a moment she dropped her eyes. "Now what can I help you with?" I asked. I hated when people come into my office and all they want to do is try to push you around or dance around the topic.

Mr. Edwards opened his matching pink silk purse and pulled out a folded piece of paper. "I received this in the mail today."

I looked at the folded piece of paper and him. I guess he had never heard of fingerprints and shook my head sadly. Opening it I found someone had cut and pasted letters on to it leaving the message, "Deliver 1,000,000 to the rail line at Los Angeles lost and found in a green suitcase or Bobby gets it." I looked at him and said, "This is a case for the feds, not me," as I handed him the paper back.

He pushed the paper back, "No Miss Spade, I want you to deliver the money for me. They would not help."

I looked at him, "Who is Bobby?" I asked.

The woman spoke up, "His poodle."

"Ahh," I replied, no wonder the police and the feds turned it down. I looked at him. Very well, "I will need a letter of credit for the amount of 1 million made out to me. When I get to LA, I will take care of transferring it." Gesturing towards the door, "Please leave your information, a deposit and when you think you will have the letter ready with my secretary."

When they had left, Heather came in. "Mistress?" she said and then saw the black cat on my lap. "Oh a cat!" she squealed and came over. She dropped to her knees beside the cat and looked at it and then me, "May I pet her mistress?" I nodded and then she looked into the cat's eyes and said softly, "Hello, my name is Heather." Not looking away from the cat, she asked in a hushed voice, "What is her name?"

"Kitten" I replied.

Heather smiled, "It is a pleasure to meet you Kitten." The way my life was going, I expected the cat to say something in return. Instead, she said nothing and just purred louder as Heather's hand stroked her slowly. The feeling crossed me that Heather was fanatically devoted to me. Far and beyond any of the other pets I was her goddess even without the mask she worshipped me. Anything I could think of asking her, she would do, because her goddess has asked it and it was her honor.

"Was there something you wanted to say Heather?" I asked as she and the cat looked at each other.

Looking up she said, "That was the last client of the day Mistress." Her hand never stopped stroking the cat as she spoke, "You wanted me to remind you to call Sue today also." She looked down at Kitten and smiled.

"Thank you Heather, you head on home now. I will lock up and be along in a few." I said. When she left, I looked at Kitten and asked, "Did you do that?" She looked up at me with her yellow unblinking eyes and did not reply. I sighed, "I am guessing you want to go home now." I felt a longing, I wanted to stuff her under my coat and take her home with me. However, no doubt there was a little girl, or an old man with too much money, looking for her right now.

I dialed Sue and told her that I had dealt with the people in the brothel; soon I would have a meeting and iron out the details. She thanked me and after setting Kitten down on the floor, I got up. She followed me out of the office, waiting as I locked the doors. Reaching the car, she kept trying to get in with me. I finally said, "I know baby, but it is not fair of me to take you away from your owner." Feeling the tears on my cheeks, I headed home, watching her sit on the sidewalk watching me as I drove away.

When I reached the house, I saw a black cat sitting on the steps watching me. I knew it was she, I didn't know how she managed to beat me home but she had. When I opened the car door she came running and took a flying leap into my surprised arms. "Hello again Kitten." I said smiling as she nuzzled my face. "I guess you have a new person." I knew from experience cats did not have owners. They had people they called their own. Feeling wonderful with her purring happily in my arms I walked inside.

Heather had spread the news of the cat through the house when she beat me home. All of the girls were waiting on the other side of the door kneeling in a semicircle. For once they were nude instead of in latex. I looked at them and then said, "Kitten, these are my girls." Setting the cat down I said, "Girls? This is Kitten; she will be staying with us." I waited not sure what would happen when they came together.

I watched as Kitten stood there and looked at them. She looked up at me and I said, "Go ahead baby, they won't hurt you."

Kitten walked up to Heather and head bumped her. Heather smiled and petted her, "Hello again Kitten, welcome home."

The cat went to the next in line and sat looking at Rachel "You're beautiful," Rachel said in a soft wishful voice as she pets the cat. The vision filled me of Rachel in cat form. Somehow, the cat was reading their inner most feelings and passing them on. I had not believed in reincarnation until now, but there was no mistaking that fact that Rachel was a cat in a human's body.

Next up was Jade, she smiled and put her face down to the cat's, "Any friend of my mistress is my friend." She sat up once more and stroked Kitten. I knew there was a pair of shoes, in the storage area that Jade was lusting for. I could see them; they forced her feet up on her toes like a ballerina. The thought filled me and I felt the throbs of pleasure at the thought of her in them. I would have to see about putting her in those soon.

My sweet Pony, Jamie was next. It was funny, Kitty looked at Jamie and went around looking at her tail and then back Jamie's face again. She sat there her head tilted and finally nuzzled Jamie's leg as if she decided that Jamie was ok with her. Jamie petted her and said, "Thank you." I felt what I already knew, Jamie wanted to be a pony, if she could, she would have been covered in fur, with a lovely mane, and hooves.

Sue Ann sat close to Jamie. Kitten moved and looked at her and then Jamie and purred. She moved under Sue Ann's hand and stretched her back as the young woman petted her. Sue Ann had a thing for horses. However as much as she loved horses and pony girls, she was nearly as devoted as Heather towards me and nothing would ever change that.

By the time, Kitten reached Crystal I had gotten over the shock of feeling their thoughts through her. I knew Crystal enjoyed being on my leash that one day as well as loved horses also. However, I found how deep her submissive, love to be tied by her mistress nature went. All that day she had been in heaven. She rubbed Kitten's on the side of her face and said softly, "Welcome home Kitten."

Kitten walked up to Jasmine and stopped dead. She turned her head, looked at Jade, and then back to Jasmine. Turning she walked over to Jade and sat looking up into her face a long time. Returning to Jasmine I figured she had found love between the two just as she had with Sue Ann and her lusting for Jamie. "Hello Kitten," Jasmine said softly and petted her. All of a sudden, it hit me. Jade and Jasmine were telepathic with each other. No wonder Kitten was confused. Not only did they look almost identical but also their minds were linked.

Finally, Kitten walked to Angela. They sat there so long looking at each other that I had the impression they were talking. I would never have bet it, but Angela looked away first. Looking back at Kitten she said softly, "Welcome to my mistress's house Kitten." She smiled as she pet Kitten tenderly. Instead of something erotic I had saw that the dominance programming Angela had, came from Jimmy's hand instead of Alvin's as I had thought.

I stood, my back against the door looking at my pets. When in doubt take charge, "Ok greeting time is over. I expect dinner on the table in one hour." With that said, I turned away from them, headed to the bedroom with Kitten walking behind me.

Chapter 2

I poured myself a drink, removed my coat, and put my pistol in the nightstand beside the bed. As I undressed exposing my latex hose and corset, I said softly, "What are you? How do I know their inner desires and thoughts? How did you get into a closed room? And finally, how did you beat me home?"

When Kitten did not answer I said as I lay down on the bed to relax a bit before dinner, "Well, either way, I am glad you did Kitten. You are welcome to stay with me as long as you want." She jumped up, sat next to me, looked at me with her beautiful yellow eyes, and I got the impression if she could talk she would have said thank you. I guess I should have been worried about all the questions rolling around my head. However, I felt a peace and calmness that in time all things would be clear.

When I woke for dinner a moment before the knock at the door, I realized Kitten was not beside me. I was not worried though, I knew cats had a mind of their own and she would be back when she wanted. As was my custom, the girls all kneeled as I ate. The only difference was that I found Kitten walking back and forth between them being petted. When I was finished, I gave a nod and they came up to eat. Kitten jumped on my lap turned into a furry donut and purred softly as I caressed her.

As they were eating I said, "Crystal," She looked at me as I continued, "I would like you to personally make sure Jamie's tail is well groomed." I smiled as she glanced at Jamie and both blushed.

Crystal looked back at me and dropped her eyes, "I will make sure she is always beautiful for you, mistress."

"I'm sure you will pet," I replied and glanced down at Kitten. I could feel her smiling as she looked up at me. As the girls were finishing up, I said, "Jade," she looked up. "How long have you and Jasmine been telepathic with each other dear?" There were startled glances around the table but I kept watching Jade a smile on my lips. She looked down and mumbled an answer. "I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that dear," I said in reply.

Jade looked down and said, "Always Mistress." She glanced at Jasmine and then back at me. "From when you had me changed to be her twin," She added quickly.

I looked at her then Jasmine, "You didn't think to say anything?" I turned to Angela, "You knew." It was not a question it was a statement. Kitten jumped off my lap a moment before I stood, dropped my napkin on the plate and walked out not speaking. I needed somewhere I could think; I still had a problem with Jasmine, Angela connection and had yet to solve it. I walked out the back door and though it was night, the moon was rising and I could see. I made my way across the grounds and lay out on the grass far from the house looking up at the stars.

I remembered, as a child I would sometimes go out into the backyard and stare at the stars at night. More than once momma would come out and lay next to me not speaking until I was ready. After she died, dad would come out in her place. More than once I went and joined him out as I found him lying outside. There was a peace to be found alone looking up at the stars. I lay there watching the stars wheel their way across the sky when I head the swish of footsteps on the grass.

Not moving my head to look, I said softly, "I knew Kitten would lead you out here sooner or later." I felt her face rubbing against mine, "Momma forgives Kitten," I said not moving. I could hear them, there was more than one lay down on the grass. Still they did not speak, nor I. Kitten wandered off, perhaps to say hello and be pet by the others.

I used to hate when I would find dad laying in the yard, the first thing he would say every time was, "You know Samantha, when I look up at the vastness of the universe, all my problems seem smaller." It was not until he had said that that whatever was bothering him would come out. Most of the time I could not even understand what dad was talking about. Eventually though he would wind down and end by saying. "Thanks for listening baby, how about we go grab a bowl of ice cream."

Of course, I said, "When I look up at the vastness of the universe, all my problems seem smaller." I sighed in the silence of the night and said after a time, "Funny thing about cats, they notice things others do not, most of the time they keep their own thoughts to themselves. But once in a while, a cat comes along that speaks to you." I paused watching a satellite move across the night sky. When it was past, I spoke again, "Isn't that right Angela."

Her voice came off from my right and softly replied, "Yes Mistress."

"Kitten shared many things with me when she met you all," I said not looking around. The silence grew as I just let myself relax. "Before I continue, would you like to share instead of me calling out each and telling what I know?" I said. Somehow, I knew there was more here then what Kitten had shared. Instead of spilling the beans, I would let them volunteer and get more information that way. No one spoke for a time and I said, "I see," and sighed. "The corner stone of any relationship is communication, more so between a mistress and her pets then with any other pairing." I paused and then added, "Jade, when you get back into the house, I want you to wear the boots you have been lusting for."

I heard an intake of breath and her reply, "Yes mistress, thank you."

"Shall I continue?" I asked. "I know that Heather, sweet Heather would worship me even if unmasked. I know Rachel always considered herself a cat in human form. And that Crystal longs for the day when I will take her out in public on a leash again." Kitten came up, sat beside my head, and looked at me. For a moment, I felt as if I was falling into her big yellow eyes and then I knew, "I know that not just Jade and Jasmine share a link, you all do." I paused letting the silence build, "Anyone care to field that? Angela?"

"Mistress, as best as I can tell the mask's created the link." She replied. "I have discussed it with everyone and that is the best answer we have."

"I see, and whose choice was it to not say anything to me? Do you not think that is something I should be aware of?" When there was no answer I said, "I also know that it was not Alvin who programmed Angela to try and dominate me and all around her." I extended the pause, "I always wondered why Alvin, who was trying to help me, would do that. Two dominate females together always fighting over dominance. It just did not make sense." I took a breath, "But someone who was in a position to add the code, which Angela and I had hurt by our relationship, would do it in a heartbeat."

I sat up and looked around at everyone, "I guess I can understand that. But, once things had changed why not remove it Jasmine? Why let me drive Alvin away with my words Angela?" I felt the peace flee, "You both knew, never saying a word, never removing it." I lay back down breathing deeply, "The question becomes with your link are all of you guilty or not."

Heather spoke up, "Mistress, the link is not like that, it is..." She paused, "Like talking without moving your mouth." Again, the pause, "I guess if you wish to punish someone for not saying anything, then I am at fault. I advocated not saying anything. My logic was that we would be better able to serve you with the link then if you removed it."

Damn it, I hate when people make logical answers. I wanted something nice and simple like greed or a secret to keep. Instead, I get an answer that if I were in her place I would have made. "I wish you had told me Heather, but in your place I would have made the same choice as you. You are forgiven." I paused; I could hear a sigh of relief go through the group at my words. "That brings us back to Angela and her programming issues."

123456...8