Sam Spade 09: Case of the Lady in White

Story Info
Lady is missing and it's up to Sam to find her.
24k words
4.8
5.4k
6
2

Part 10 of the 28 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/06/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is copyrighted 2008 by Kaereni, may not be excerpted, reprinted, reproduced, or reposted in any form without the express written consent of the authors. Visitors to this web site may read or temporarily download pages but are not permitted to modify or re-distribute them.

The story may contain sexual activities and situations that are to be read only by readers above the legal age of consent. All characters are above the age of consent. The story is not to be read in locations where such stories are illegal. If you are not of legal age, or live in the wrong place, please do not read.

Author's note: Special thanks go to Arianne, Lady Darkness, and mjm. Thank you for all your help. Without you three, Sam would never be able to grow.

This story is written a little bit differently. It is told from Sam's and Kitten's viewpoints.

NOTE: If you are looking for a simple stroke story, then my stories are not the place to read. I like to understand the why behind the actions and choices people make. It is with this feeling that the Sam Spade stories follow. Why Sam acts as she does as she finds her humanity and more importantly what price does she pay in the process. If you have been following her stories, you will note that while she is the mistress of the house, it is something that troubles her. But as Sam said, "Their needs are more important than mine." This basic tenet of her life threatens to tear her apart as she moves forward.

Some readers have noted that there are too many people to follow in my work. I understand your issues but Sam interacts with several people in each story. Some more than others, those being Angela her partner, Heather her first and who is devoted to her, James aka Jasmine, who she has known the longest and is someone she can turn to and finally Kitten, a cat woman. The rest come and go as the needs of the stories dictate.

*

Chapter 1 -- Sam's viewpoint

I was in limbo; I could feel emotions washing over me like waves from a raging sea. Love, worry, fear, and anger all crashed against my mind numbing it. Every now and then the emotions would fade away only to come back. It felt as if they were flowing with the tides and I lay on a beach at the edge of the water. I kept hearing voices in my mind, sometimes Kitten's sometimes others calling out to me trying to get me to come to them. However, I stayed where I was, there was no pain, suffering, or hurt, just peace and relaxation.

I kept dreaming, if that is the word, of different girls coming and pleading with me to come back. I could see them kneeling before my standing form in a white space telling me it was time to come home. Even so, their words fell on deaf ears. I liked where I was; it was the first time that I could remember when I had true peace. I became aware of the sound of someone crying. Searching for it, I came across Angela sitting in a chair, her head in her hands and sobbing with abject misery.

Kneeling before her, I reached out to touch Angela, "What's wrong love?"

Looking up from between her hands Angela looked at me. I was shocked, her eyes were red and puffy, and bags hung under them. I didn't know she could look anything other than beautiful. She looked as if she had lived ten hard years. "Sam, I can't live without you. I, no we, need your guiding and loving hand. The household is a shambles; all anyone does is mope around and cry. Please come back, it has been six months without you and we are at the breaking point."

"Six months?" I asked confused. She nodded her head and dropped her head back into her hands. No matter how much I tried, I could not get any other response from her. I could not believe it, had I really been hiding in my mind for six months. I had to find my way back my girls needed me. But I ran into a problem, how do I wake up?

"Angel, help me! I don't know how to wake up," I said trying to shake her out of her crying. I needed help and could not afford her tears now. When I reached to grab her, my hands went through her body as if she was a ghost. I screamed in frustration, "Wake up Samantha!" Taking a breath to calm down I said, "Wait, think it through...Angela's crying. Listen and find her sobs. That's the way to go." I listened and felt for her, before my eyes the vision of her sitting in front of me faded.

Somewhere off in the distance I could hear her soft sobs. "That way!" I said joyfully and started running towards the sound. When it faded, I would stop and spin around, listening to pick it up. "Don't stop love, I'm coming..." I would call out as I ran. It seemed as if I ran forever, however, the crying became louder. Until I knew I was there, I could see myself lying in a hospital style bed with an IV hooked up. Angela was sitting in one of the easy chairs from the smoking area, holding on to my hand as she cried against it.

I closed my eyes and felt myself slid into the body. I became aware of her hot tears against my hand, her sobs loud to my ears, and the softness of the bed. Opening my eyes, I closed them quickly. The light was too bright, I must have moaned because I felt her face lift from my hand and a cool hand touching my face. I wanted to say something cleaver, "Damn it's bright in here." So much for the cleaver idea, I thought to myself as I opened my eyes and squinted at her. Just as in my dream, Angela looked like hell.

"Mistress?" she said in a little girl's voice as she looked at me closely.

"If it isn't, then Jasmine is going to get a chewing," I replied, trying for the smart-ass routine. I smiled slightly, becoming aware of the aches and pains shooting through my body. Before she could reply, the door burst open and a stampede of happily crying women piled into the room. As I felt myself being mauled, I kept saying I love you, repeatedly to each of them. The last one to approach me was Kitten.

"Momma?" she said as her paw reached out to stroke my face.

I lifted my hand and put it over her paw on my face, "Momma back Kitten."

"Momma back," she said and started to purr. At the same time as the purr, I felt a rush of anger hit me like a sledgehammer. "Samantha Marie Spade, if you ever worry me like that again, I will kick your ass so long that you will never be able to sit down again! You have no idea how much I have been worried sick over you," Kitten's adult mind screamed at me.

I blinked back tears and saw that everyone else had backed up a pace. I could feel their anger and worry washing over me too. Kitten had spoken what they all had thought. "I'm sorry; I did not come back sooner." I said looking at Kitten. Looking around the room, I added softly not making eye contact with anyone, "Please forgive me."

I felt the anger wash away from the room. "Sisters and Kitten forgive Momma," Kitten said without looking around the room. She mentally gulped and added, "Kitten sorry too."

"Don't be sorry baby," I said. "You had a right to worry and be upset with me. You all do." I added.

"Um, Mistress," Angela said. When I looked at her she continued, "Kitten is sorry because she tracked and dealt with Mr. Edwards on her own."

I looked at Angela and then Kitten, "Dealt with?" I asked dumbly. The mental picture formed of a cat playing with a mouse before killing it. "Oh... Good for you Kitten," I said. Smiling I added, "Just as long as you didn't place him in a giant mouse suit at the foot of my bed as an offering." I giggled as about half the girls looked towards the foot of the bed as if expecting to see him.

You would think that having a biomechanical body that my body would stay in shape even though I had been in a coma for six months. When I first tried to stand, I had Jade on one side of me and Jasmine on the other. I tried to shoo them off but they insisted on staying. I was glad, when, taking the first step my legs gave out on me. If it were not for them holding on, I would have fallen. Helping me back into the bed, Jasmine said, "Your body has been bed bound for too long Red. You will have to learn how to walk and move all over again."

I looked at the room for the hundredth time and still hated it. It looked like any other hospital room except for the lack of a window, cold and sterile. "At least if I have to stay in bed I want my own bed." I said looking at her. I had been awake now for a few days and I felt as if I were a prisoner in my own home. Someone was always in the room with me and even when I slept, the lights were on. My twins, Jade and Jasmine were in the room with me and of all I thought I had a chance to talk them into letting me out of my cage.

They looked at each other for a long time and I could feel their emotions, love and devotion to me coupled with worry over my condition. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Jade shook her head. "Mistress, please, it is too early yet."

"I know you two worry, and know better than I about my condition. However, I want my own bedroom. With the three of us working together we can get there and into bed." I said trying the logical approach. When Jasmine shook her head, I knew that track had failed. "I could order you to take me upstairs," I said. Pausing I added, "But I would rather you moved me to make me happy instead of because I ordered you to."

Sighing Jasmine nodded, "You win mistress."

I will not go into detail about the trip up the stairs and into my bedroom. I will only say it took a lot longer than I would have thought. By the time, they had walked me to the room I had broken out in a sweat and my legs were cramping something fierce. I noticed that Jade and Jasmine both were wearing tennis shoes and could not feel or smell latex under their clothing. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that none of the girls had been wearing latex. Once they had me settled in, I patted the bed on either side of me and urged them to get in with me, "I need some snuggle time."

Jade was only marginally faster than Jasmine over stripping down and crawling in bed with me. I lay with both their heads on my chest cuddling tight to each other and me. "Thank you both for putting me back together." I said softly as I ran my fingers through their hair. I had so many questions I wanted to ask but instead of starting with my own issues, I asked what had, Jasmine had decided about her sex.

Jasmine said softly, "It is not as easy as I thought at first." She paused and I wondered if she was done when she added, "I don't want to lose my twin." She leaned forward and kissed Jade tenderly.

"Jade, what about you? Now that you know we can never have a child would you rather go back to being a woman fully?" I asked.

"I am a woman mistress. I have the best of both worlds." She answered simply.

Jasmine chimed in, "We have the best of both worlds." She looked up at me and added, "If it pleases you, mistress, we would like to stay as we are now." Resting her head on my chest she added, "The final decision is yours though Red. Jade and I both know that and will gladly do as you wish."

I felt Jade nod her head and not speak. "Then I believe you should stay as you are, both of you," I said softly. We lay there quiet cuddling and not speaking for a while when I finally had to ask, "Why is no one wearing latex?"

Jade replied, "We did not feel it was right to enjoy ourselves if you were not around mistress."

"You mean?"

Jasmine nodded, "No latex, no play for six months."

No wonder the household was in a shambles I realized. The need to wear latex has been driving me crazy from the moment I woke up. The thought of going for six long months without it and the fear that my lover/ mistress would never wake up was enough to drive anyone insane. "Well let's fix that right now. Pass on I want everyone in the playroom in thirty minutes. Everyone and I mean everyone in latex. That includes Kitten, Tigress, and Jamie." I thought a moment and added, "Please get me out a bodysuit to wear."

Jade looked up smiling and hurried to the closet. Jasmine also sat up and kissed me hard, "Welcome home mistress." I felt the love and passion of both girls grow as they hurriedly helped me dress. It was then that I realized that they had been waiting for me to take control once more. As they were finishing up Angela came in wearing a lavender latex outfit and pushing a wheelchair.

With quick kisses, Jade and Jasmine picked up their clothes and ran from the room. As Angela helped me into the chair she kissed me tenderly and said, "Welcome home Mistress, we've missed you so."

Before she could wheel me out I said, "Last I knew, you wanted to become a kitten." I looked up at her with fear.

Angela came around the front of the wheel chair and knelt down before it. Taking my hands in hers, she said, "If I became your kitten, I would become your baby. We would beside each other as mother and child forever. It was not until you were in a coma, mistress that I realized I would lose much more then I would gain." She paused and looked down, "I love you Samantha, and want to be with you forever. We are soul mates and I don't want to lose that by becoming your kitten."

I reached out and ran my fingers through her hair, "I don't want to lose it ether Angela. I'm glad you changed your mind." I giggled as Kitten and Tigress came into the room wearing latex corsets. Cat women wearing corsets were as silly a sight as socks on a rooster. I was happy that they were trying though.

With Kitten and Tigress following Angela wheeled me into the playroom. Everyone was there already waiting on us. Instead of letting me walk, Angela picked me up as if I were a child, carried me and set me gently into one of the two latex covered chairs. Once I was seated, she pushed the wheelchair out of the room and knelt with everyone else.

"It has come to my attention that all of you have been not wearing your latex, nor have you loved each other." I looked at Jamie, "Does this mean that you have not been teaching how to be a proper pony?" Jamie bit her lip and looked down while shaking her head in reply. I sighed, "It's ok dears, you had something more on your mind than latex pony play."

My eyes passed over the girls slowly. "I had lots of time to think while I was gone so to speak," I said. "I realized that life was too short and too precious to be all work and no enjoyment. One of the simple joys in life that I have is all of us together." I said as my arms swept into take in everyone. "I realized that I had become an aloof and untouchable." I shook my head sadly, "That was a mistake on my part. I felt secluded from everyone, I wanted to give you space to grow. Instead I found myself on the outside looking in."

"I'm tired of sitting and watching. With that in mind," I said and stood up. I felt wobbly but managed to step make it to the floor. Lying down on my back, "It's time to welcome me back properly. Who wants to see how many times she can make me orgasm in ten minutes?"

I heard loud purrs and Kitten say, "Kitten first Momma."

I lost count of the number of orgasms I had though out the night. All I do know was that by the time the last girl and I made love we had all healed properly. We lay in a tangled mass cuddling and snuggling on the floor, the scent of womanly musk hung in the air mixing with the smell of the latex like a powerful aphrodisiac. Even tired as we were we still made love slowly and tenderly to each other.

No words were spoken none were needed. Just like the night we had bonded with Kitten, we were one mind and several bodies. It was near three am before we calmed down enough to go to bed. With the girls fawning over me I was washed and tucked in. I was mostly asleep with Kitten snuggled tight against me sleeping; her warm furry body purring and acting like a hot water bottle when the door banged open. I looked up in surprise as Arianne burst into the room. Looking wildly around she said "Sam? Sam Spade?"

Before I could turn on the light Kitten was standing before Arianne, her fur bristled out as she said, "Go away...Momma sick," and tried to push her out of the room. Sitting up I said, "Nice knock." As I took in the sight of the two, the other girls arrived at a gallop as if to rescue me and I had to speak loudly to be heard. "It's ok dears, Arianne is an old friend." Pointing to a chair I said, "Please sit down."

Arianne shook her head, "No time... I need your help. Mother's missing!"

Chapter 2 - Sam's viewpoint

Have you ever had one of those nights when you are so tired that stupid things make you laugh so hard you about pee your panties? Well, watching Kitten and Arianne hissing and growling at each other was one of those nights. First Kitten would hiss and then the vampire would hiss back. It was as if they were talking is some primitive form that consisted of hisses and growls. Finally, I could not take it any longer and said laughing, "Enough you two, you're killing me."

Kitten turned and bounded back to me with concern on her face, "Momma ok?"

I stroked her face and nodded, "Yes momma ok." Looking beyond Arianne I said, "Angela will you please escort our guest to my office. I will be along in a moment."

When they had left, I swung my legs off the bed and with help from the others put a robe on. The girls would not let me walk to the office and instead pushed me in the wheelchair. At the door, I stood and walked into the room. I walked slowly and regally as if I were a queen. In reality, I was bone tired and it took everything I had in me to keep from falling over.

Arianne was pacing back and forth as if she were a caged animal yearning for freedom. As I sat down, she came and stood before the desk hovering as if she were a vulture waiting for a meal. The last time I had seen her agitated like this was after she had had her run in with the succubus. That time I watched as she punched a hole in a brick wall.

Putting on my best professional smile I said, "You said your mother is missing?"

Arianne, thrumming with pent up energy replied, "Yes, you need to find her Sam!"

Kitten put her paw on Arianne's arm, her claws extended and dug into her pale skin drawing blood. "You go... Momma cannot help you. Momma needs rest."

Arianne ripped her arm out of the cat woman's grasp leaving four oozing claw marks across her arm and crouched down hissing at her. Kitten in turn crouched down, her arms extended, claws out and growled deep in her throat. "I'm getting too old for this shit," I said shaking my head. I could see them tensing to launch at each other and slapped the desk hard. "Enough!" I said with a yell.

"Kitten settle down," I said sternly. Looking at Arianne, rubbed my face and said tiredly, "Damn Arianne, it's almost four am and you pop in unannounced. Ever hear of a phone?" I knew it was bad manners but I was so tired I was way beyond grumpy and all the way to pure bitch.

Arianne looked at Kitten with anger in her eyes and turned back to me. Sitting down in one of the chairs before the desk, she said angrily, "For the record, Miss Spade, I have called repeatedly and gotten the run around."

I turned at looked at Angela with surprise. With her not meeting my eyes and the feelings of guilt she was emanating I knew Arianne's words were true. Turning back to her I said, "Please forgive me, I didn't know." Looking at Angela I added, "But I can guarantee it will not happen again."

She seemed surprised that I did not know about my staff covering for me and when she spoke, she was calmer. "Mother is gone Sam. Please help me." She seemed to stumble over the last bit.

Pulling out a pad and pen I started to take notes as Arianne talked. It seemed she had last seen her mother a week ago. Then they had an appointment to meet and Lady had missed it. While that would happen now and then in the past, she had always let Arianne know. I also found out that there was a connection between Lady and Arianne, just as there was between the girls or Kitten and myself.