Sam Spade 20: Case of the Fae Queen

Story Info
Sam faces the fae queen and teaches an old dog a new trick.
16.2k words
4.82
4.7k
3
0

Part 24 of the 28 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/06/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is copyrighted 2017 by Kaereni, may not be excerpted, reprinted, reproduced, or reposted in any form without the express written consent of the author. Visitors to this web site may read or temporarily download pages but are not permitted to modify or re-distribute them.

The story may contain sexual activities and situations that are to be read only by readers above the legal age of consent. All characters are above the age of 18. The story is not to be read in locations where such stories are illegal. If you are not of legal age, or live in the wrong place, please do not read.

*

I had just married Jane, Amy, and Frala and really wanted to rest and forget the world for a time. Instead I stood and said, "I would love nothing more than to make love to all of you, but there are some wood Fae I must speak to and try to guide them back into the right path," I said looking around. Without waiting, I returned to the woods and looked at the pair of women. Kneeling before them I said, "Can you tell me how you managed to fall so far?"

When the pair didn't reply I sighed, "What am I to do with you? Should I erase your race? Start over? Fighting damn sure is not your way so again I ask what the fucked happened here?" Again no one spoke, "Give me a reason to save you. Give me any reason because to tell the truth I do not wish to watch your race die out."

Still they didn't speak. "I see," I said standing. Looking down at them I said, "If and when you come up with a reason let me know." I went to the mesa and stood looking out at the vista a long time alone before breaking down and crying.

"Sometimes you have to make hard choices and then live with them," Maradith said softly from behind me. "Over the years I have turned and created many daughters. But there was one, one woman who resisted everything I threw at her. Each time we met, she stood up to me. First in a hotel room then in my brothel, not once but twice, and even in public in a park at night. It was dumbfounding. Here was a young woman who stood up against me and then saved my life and called me friend. I knew she would die if I did not heal and change her." She paused a long time and then said, "I always wondered if she forgave me for saving her."

"I'm sure she did and came to see you as her mother," I replied softly.

"I've said it before, but of all my creations, she was the one I loved and yes I thought of her as my daughter. It troubles me when I see her hurting and hiding from those she loves and who love her." Maradith paused and then came up to stand beside her. "How can I help her? How can mother make it better Samantha?"

I turned and threw myself into her arms as I cried. "Oh mom, I messed up so bad this time. I know how to restore but not fix the problem."

She let me cry, stroking my back and cooing softly as her wings waved. Finally, when I had slowed down she said, "Start from the top and tell me everything."

We talked for what seemed like eons as I told her about finding a water and forest fairies. When I got to the point of removing the soulless androids and asking the two humans for a reason I stopped. "Mother, they knelt mute. How can I save something when I can't come up with a reason? I can't let their race die out, but I don't know how to make it right."

Instead of replying to me Lilith replied and they began talking in the old language. I never understood how everyone who was succubae could speak it without problem, but to me it was gibberish. Two other women showed up. One was not much older than I and the other ancient though she looked as if she were in her late teens. The four started talking in low tones. I turned away and walked to the edge and looked down.

"Long way down," Jane said from beside me.

"It's not the fall that kills you, it's the knowledge that yes you are that stupid and the sudden stop at the end," Jason said from the other side of me. "I talked with the pair in question. They thought they were doing the right thing. Then their god comes along and takes the one sister who had told the world to fuck off as her wife. If that wasn't enough, the god returns and tears into them. Sam, they didn't answer you because they were in shock."

"The ones I removed were soulless machines without love or compassion in their hearts." I looked back at the argument happening behind me. Instead of four women, there were nearly a fifty fae, all dressed in greens and browns, all talking angrily to each other in gibberish. "Dare I ask?"

"Your mother is tearing into Lilly about her finding you clinging to the edge of sanity while your wives are off doing other things. That led the other two and then their followers into the argument. Hearing the noise and knowing your pain, I came with Jason to help you in any way we can." Jane paused and then said, "I can give you a reason if you really want one little sister."

"So can I. Do it because it is the right thing to do. Screw someone saying I want to hug trees and bunny rabbits, do it because it is right," Jason said. He paused and then said softly, "The Sam I know would have known that answer already. Have you lost yourself so much?"

"No, I just needed to be reminded now and then," I replied. Glancing at the pair still fighting I added, "They can't be in the same room without fighting can they?"

"Aunt Maradith and Lilly both have strong views as to what is best for you. Maradith is coming from a mother's viewpoint and wants to keep you safe. Lilly on the other hand is coming from a lover's viewpoint and wants you to do as you damn well please. One coin, two sides." Jane said not looking at them. "Both are right and wrong."

I walked over and listened to them for a minute. "Do you two think you can keep from fighting long enough to take it somewhere else?" I said finally. When they turned to me I continued, "I love you both, but your fighting is not helping and in fact making it worse. I know you both think you know what is best for me and will fight for what you believe in. But can you least drop it to a dull roar?"

Without waiting for their reply, I went over to the mass of women, "Enough!" That got everyone to shut up. I felt out and saw that they had all been human before. "A human comes into the forest with an axe. He is cold and needs a fire to warm up. What are you going to do about him?" The women looked at each other and then me not speaking. "Come now, you are supposed to be protectors of the forest. Why can't you answer a simple question?"

I was in the process of turning away when one woman said, "I would help him gather dry and dead wood for his fire. In the process I would help him see that green wood, living trees, will not burn worth a darn and help him in any way I can while protecting the forest." She looked at her sisters before turning back to me.

"Now if you can get all of your sisters to see the same thing, I would love to know how you do it." I replied. Looking at the others I said, "We are all in this together. You must have love in your heart and compassion in your soul." I looked at the pair with Maradith and Lilith and said, "I ran across several wood Fae in a Texas grove. Being machines, they were all about protecting the forest but they did not have any compassion for others. In the end I removed them."

The younger of the pair closed her eyes in pain and I gave thanks that at least she had compassion in her heart. Returning my attention to the wood Fae silently waiting I said, "Return to your forests. I will come to you. Together we will work on repopulating your race." As they disappeared, I turned back to the pair talking with my mother and grandmother. Suddenly I understood. Both were leaders of the wood Fae with different issues. The younger one could not handle the pressure of ruling them and ran away. The older, was jaded and full of herself.

Looking at the younger woman I felt out her name, "Carol, if you want to quit then fine quit. But just walking away without stepping down has only created a mess." I turned to the other woman and suddenly knew her name. "If you're going to be in charge of the eastern forests then fine you are in charge. However, you cannot declare war on the other races because they refuse to bow to you. Damn it Alyssa, you know better. You are in charge of the woodland Fae not the forest and all who live in it."

She felt like a child being taken to the mat by her mother. This deity was mad at her and she could feel the anger rolling off her. That she was not yet thirty standard years old didn't help matters any. "Do you have any idea how long I have been protecting my forests youngster? I fought in the Great War before the rise of humans. How dare you accuse me of anything? What right do you have?"

"Oh shit," Jason said covering his face. Even Lilith and Maradith stared at her in shock.

Turning to Jane I said, "No wonder the Fae are all fucked up. One leader can't handle the role she was thrust in and ran away and the other has no respect for anyone other than herself." I looked back at them, "The woman I was would have killed you and your race. After destroying the Quarm, what's a few hundred more." I paused and then added, "The earth Fae have lost their way and with the pair of you leading them, it is no wonder." I created a dome around them so they were isolated from everything and everyone. "Leave us please."

"Sam..." Jason said softly.

Looking back at him I said, "I know Jason and you are right. Save them because it is the right thing to do." I looked away and out over the view. When I turned back a few minutes later other than the pair locked away, I was alone. I faced them, "I cannot allow you two to return as you are. If you do, I will be forced into destroying not only one of the races of man, but the Fae also. I refuse to follow that course." I paused and then added, "The bottom line is you will become fully human and go about your life. You need to find love and compassion for others before I will think of allowing you to lead again." I read both of their minds and decanted them into human bodies. Mentally I called Angela to come join me. When she appeared I said, "Take these two to my temple. Let them soak and find some peace."

She looked as if she was going to say something. But she kept silent and took them without comment. Returning to the pair in the grove in Texas. I went over to a tree near them, sat down, leaned my back against tree and closed my eyes. After a few seconds I said, "All my life I have fought for the little guy. I have always tried to do the right thing and while I have sometimes stumbled, I always managed to make it work out in the end. I'll not let your race die out, not like so many before you have died."

Mentally I said, "Heather, if any of the forest Fae show up, please show them a place to make a grove and allow them to soak in my essence." I finally opened my eyes and looked at the pair kneeling with lowered heads, "I won't order it. But I would like the Fae to travel to my temple, soak in my essence, and find love for all creatures equally."

After a second one of the women replied, "My sisters are traveling there now."

The second woman asked, "Goddess, will we ever be allowed to return to our proper form?"

"Done," I closed my eyes and restored them to the form they had been before. When I opened them again I was alone in the grove. A sense of profound weariness swept over me and it would have been easy to walk away and let the world take care of its self.

"It is peaceful here, away from the world."

I opened my eyes and I saw one of the women, her long sandy blond hair pulled in a ponytail. "I thought you had gone back to the temple. I'm sorry I intruded into this, your grove."

"I had to return and try to make you understand they aren't all soulless machines. For the most part the ones living below have simply lost their way." The blond said. "Our queen sat as you do now wondering how to fix the mess below. In the end she sealed them down there and walked away. The machines up here lost their collective mind." She paused and looked down, "You asked how it went so wrong. Now you know as much as I do." She stood and turned to go, after a few steps she stopped and looked back at the troubled god before her. "May you find peace in the grove."

I watched her walk over to another tree, caress it and disappear. Off to the side I caught sight of Angela waiting. I sighed and knew there was no peace for me here. Getting up I went over to her and said, "Shall we go see the hell below because if this was messed up, that must be worse."

"Goddess, let Amy and I go." Angela said. Even back at the temple she could feel Samantha's soul sickness. But here it nearly drove her to her knees. Her wives needed to get Samantha back to decompress. "Fayla, would like a few happy fish in her pool."

I was about to refuse but I heard Amy's mental whisper, "Please Samantha, let me prove myself to you."

"You have nothing to prove to me little one," I replied mentally. Aloud I said, "Try to reach them, save them if you can." I took a step and appeared next to Fayla's pond. Sitting cross legged on the bank of the little pond I waited until her torso formed before asking, "Have you found any here who are worthy to be keepers of the water?".

"I have goddess, many. They are in the lake below, making a list of what life it should have." She smiled, "A test to see who truly is one with the waters."

"Good answer, but what about you? What does this pool need?" I asked.

"A few happy fish would be nice," Fayla replied with a smile.

Bending over I picked up a pebble and offered it to her. "Here you go, one happy fish."

Fayla took the pebble and looked at it. "A rock fish?" she asked a little smile on her lips.

"Remember the happy little fish I made in your old pool?" I asked. "Close your eyes and imagine one now in the palm of your hand. See the shiny golden scales? Feel it wiggling and wanting to go swim once more. See it clearly." I watched as the pebble took form and shifted into a fish. All it took was a little mental nudge from me and it jumped out of her hand and into the water.

Fayla's eyes flew open and she looked down at the fish swimming around. She looked at the goddess, "How?"

"She looks lonely all alone. Don't you think she needs a friend?" I asked in return. "But this time rest your hand in the water."

Fayla placed her hand under the water and tried to think a fish into existence. Finally, she cried, "I can't do it."

"Yes you can. My sweet love, you are trying too hard. I found that if I just let my mind relax and see it clearly it will happen. So close your eyes and see the fish. Don't push... just let it come at its own pace." I watched as the fish formed and swam over to the other and the pair circled around her. As her eyes opened and she looked at the pair swimming she giggled like a child. "Now, I have a task for you. I want you to make this beautiful and as large as you wish. Add what fish and plants you wish as long as you remember the circle of life."

Fayla looked at the goddess and bowed her head. "It will be as you command goddess."

I nodded, "Thank you." I paused and continued, "I have a request though. I would be nice, if you can find a way to add a little hot spring in a corner so your other wives and I can come soak and get away from the world. I can create a way so the heat does not affect the rest of the pool or if you rather I can make one separate but close." I looked around, "Fayla, I love this spot and feel at peace here. The mesa is nice in its own way but I would rather be close to those I love than be isolated." I bit my lip and closed my eyes, "More than ever I need my family close." I felt hot tears roll down my cheeks. "As the goddess I have to be strong but the woman behind the mask is scared she will end up destroying the world if she makes a mistake."

Fayla came out of the pool and held Samantha close. After a second the woman clung to her and sobbed. She stroked Samantha's back and said tenderly, "It will be okay love, we will get through this together. You're not alone. Just let it all out." All of her sister wives heard and felt Samantha's breakdown but kept away and allowed her handle this.

"Samantha holds it in if there are more than one of us around," Heather said tenderly.

"Samantha, you have to remember you are not alone." Fayla said tenderly while stroking her back once she was cried out. "Say it with me, I am not alone." She listened as her lover and wife spoke softly, "Again." She kept making Samantha say the line over and over again until she heard a spark of belief behind the words.

I looked up and kissed Fayla tenderly, "Thank you dear heart. Sometimes I forget I'm not fighting this battle alone." I kissed the water Fae once more before standing and walking back towards the house. About half way there I moved to the mesa where I sat on the edge and looked out at the desert. I wondered who would show up to come distract me. Of all, Jade was the last person I expected.

"I talked it over with Jane's computer and we think we know where the war will begin," Jade said going over to sit next to Samantha. "We, Ann and I, thought that if we could find the source it would give you an edge."

"Instead you found that I am the cause," I replied not looking at her.

"You knew?" Jade asked surprised. "Ann, Jane's computer that is, and I only just saw it."

"It will be a holy war Jade. Lilly's dream told as much." I paused a long moment and looked at her, "I can't just throw you girls to the wolves. But at the same time I don't see how to fight eight billion non-believers with less than thirty million."

"I have a solution if you would like to hear it," Jane said coming forward and sitting on her sister's other side. Like the others, Samantha's breakdown affected her deeply. She knew her sister was having a rough time, but had no idea it was that bad. "

"If you have a solution Jane, I would love to hear it because I sure as hell don't," I replied looking at her for a second.

"You, like everyone else, studied history in school right?"

"Yea so? I remember the crusades decimated the middle east time and time again. Then then there have been the constant religious wars in the same region since Mohamad and god talked to each other." I paused, "Religious wars never have any winners."

"While that is true, what ended World War Two in the pacific theatre?"

"America dropped two atomic weapons on Japanese cities." I replied. "But while I can destroy a city, how will that end the war that has not started?"

"Little sister, I know you are feeling despondent, but if you don't start thinking things through before you speak, I am going to push you off the edge." Jane said to Samantha. "The war ended because Japan realized that to continue would be too costly. Now transpose that to your situation. Make the world see that attacking you is too costly." Again Jane paused and when Samantha didn't reply, "Samantha, every attack on you or yours must be dealt with harshly." When her sister didn't' reply she added, "You wanted a solution, I gave you one."

"You have given me something to think about." I looked out at the desert and said, "Jane, without overstepping the rules, can you give us, your wives, a primer book on how to do things that might help in case it blows up in my face." I looked at her, "Not knowing what you and Amy know, I can't tell you what to teach." I looked at Jade, "Please continue brainstorm and see if you two can come up with anything to help us." Meanwhile I need to see Jason and mother, "I launched myself off the edge and moved to Dark Desires in Nevada with only a slight flex of my knees when I landed. Knocking on the door I waited for Jason to answer. Instead of him, another man showed up.

He looked at me for a long moment before saying, "I'm sorry we aren't hiring at the moment."