Saturday Night School Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hi Charlie. I just heard..." Michelle paused to push her hair over her ear, even though it was already there. She started again. "Someone told me you asked Ronni Arthur to the prom. Is that true? Are you going to the prom with her?" Michelle's voice sounded unsteady.

"Yeah," he said.

She looked to the side, blinking at the ceiling. "Why? I don't understand. I mean...I thought after... after everything..." She pressed her hand against her eyes, and her fingers left a streak of wet mascara across her cheek. Abruptly, she turned and dashed away, her heels tapping furiously on the linoleum floor.

The entire cafeteria had gone silent as everyone paused to watch. Charlie could feel the shocked eyes on him. "Wait!" he called. He scrambled to his feet.

Michelle disappeared through the main door of the cafeteria, but by the time he reached the door and pushed it open, the hallway was empty. He took a couple steps and then stopped, noticing the door to the girl's bathroom next to him. Had she gone in there? Did he dare to go in after her? What if he went in and she wasn't in there?

What was he going to say to her, anyway? What was he supposed to say? Charlie stood uncertainly for a minute. He took another step down the hall, then glanced at the bathroom door again.

It was pointless. He wasn't going to catch her. Not this time. He would find her, he would talk to her, some other time. After he'd had some time to think.

Charlie turned around and pulled open the door to the cafeteria, trying to wrap his mind around what had just happened. It didn't make any sense. Why had she been so upset? She barely talked to him. What had she expected?

He stepped back into the cafeteria and stopped.

Everyone was staring at him. The entire cafeteria.

Charlie looked at all the faces. They watched him as if expecting some further development in this unexpected drama. He heard whispering, although he couldn't see who was whispering.

Everyone knew Michelle. Everyone liked Michelle. Now everyone was no doubt asking who the hell this Charlie guy was who had brought Michelle to tears.

Charlie glanced at his plate of pasta, sitting abandoned in the middle of that sea of eyes. Even the boys at his table gaped at him in wordless astonishment.

Charlie didn't say anything. He just turned and walked out.