Satyr Play 03 Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The group looked at each other, and slowly, smiles appeared. "I can't feel the transfer, but I do feel... refreshed," Marisa confessed, and heads nodded. Eyes turned towards Henry.

"We get a charge just by being near Henry?" Dayshia asked in surprise.

Meixiu giggled at Henry's embarrassment. "Yes, but not as quickly."

"Where is that energy coming from?" Sigrid asked.

"The rift to the Wild Magic dimension!" Roy exclaimed. "Henry told us he had one inside him but didn't tell us who told him. We thought it was the witch, but it was Siobhan." He looked to the Selkie. "Is the rift widening?" He suddenly realized he was practically vibrating with the energy he'd soaked up while hugging the boy.

Siobhan aimed a weary smile at Henry but shook her head. "The rift is the same size, but the flow is faster, his body is saturated, and it's casting off the excess. That might be from the lightning or his new wielder abilities, but there's just so much!"

"Can you see if the crystal the Glass People stuck in his head is casting off energy?" Roy asked.

Siobhan looked directly at him without opening her eyes. She shook her head. "That's like asking if I can see the sunspots when I stare directly at the sun."

Roy frowned in concern as he looked at the others. "That also makes it dangerous to... charge from Henry. The risk of overdosing has grown exponentially," Roy asserted.

The gathered females who'd been intimate with Henry immediately protested... strongly. Roy looked to Henry for support but saw Henry was torn. When Roy tilted his head at him, Henry finally nodded.

"Precautions will need to be taken, at the very least," Henry amended. I don't want to ruin any more lives."

"Henry! You haven't ruined any lives!" Tish scolded. "How do you think it makes us feel when you say that? We love our new states! Even Dayshia!"

The woman in question frowned at Tish for bringing up her former resistance but nodded to Henry. When he looked away, she could no longer resist peering into his head, searching for this miraculous crystal. She couldn't find any foreign substances but wasn't sure what she was looking for. She suddenly felt ashamed for looking without permission.

He looked at his friends sheepishly as he hadn't realized his words hurt their feelings. "I'm sorry."

Tish turned her attention to Roy. "We've fully... evolved with the Wild Magic, and our glamors are powered by it, so outside of passing out as Meixiu did from an overcharge, what effect are you expecting to happen?"

Roy gave her a frustrated look. "I'm not an expert on this! Who is? I'm just sayin' things have changed, and extra care is required."

That message seemed to take, so Roy sighed and addressed Henry again. "Did you at least get the big government agencies off our backs for a while?"

Henry and Mahati shared a look, and she smiled. "I don't believe so. Henry's firewall is apparently driven by a technological breakthrough that's increased their zeal to hire him away from VRL."

"Dammit!" Roy cursed, then looked at Camila. "I told you this was a bad idea! Keep a low profile, I said!"

"What kind of technological breakthrough?" Sandy asked.

"Quantum Tunneling," Henry answered. "It's theoretical for most, but I can identify which CPUs can do it, and I've written code to utilize that capability. It opens up the possibilities of computing exponentially. I'm working on a market trend analysis application to give VRL another competitive advantage." He frowned. "Homeland Security wanted to build an array of these computers to track Human behavior for spying on people. I told them I wasn't interested."

Roy dropped himself onto a couch next to Camila with a weary thump. "I'm done."

Camila patted his leg with a smile. "We appreciate your efforts." That just produced a weary snort from Roy.

Michelle was watching Henry with wide eyes. "You've discovered a practical use for Quantum Tunneling?"

Henry's expression brightened up. "Yes! You're familiar with the theory?"

"Yes! I dabble," she said.

"Nerds," Dayshia teased, surprising giggles from Michelle and a few others as the tension finally broke.

Tish and Sandy ensured everyone had a plate to select their food from the spread on the kitchen island.

Soon, everyone was enjoying their meals, and conversation made its way back to the strange changes brought on by the arrival of the pseudo-clouds.

Roy looked at Henry pensively. "What?" Henry asked.

"I'm wondering, since you have the ability to open tears between the dimensions, could you do it to make the clouds go back to their home dimension," he said.

Henry blinked in surprise. "There are at least three problems with that idea. One, I've never made one cloud-sized. It takes an enormous amount of effort to open them, and it's tremendously draining to keep them open. Two, I'm not opening the tears the clouds are using to get here now. I don't know if anyone knows how or why that's happening. That should be stopped before anyone tries to send the clouds back. The third issue is trying to get the clouds to go back through the tears to their old home. They seem to like it here." He frowned at Roy. "Besides, I have no intention of using magic. It's nothing but trouble." That comment got him annoyed looks from his lady friends, so he looked back at Roy as he gestured to them. "See!"

Camila picked up the topic of the latest chaos. "The Hidden Races Council must be at their wit's end trying to do damage control on the trouble these clouds are causing. News of the Glass and Silver People is too widely spread now."

"Don't forget the Atlantians!" Sandy said with a grin. Heads turned to her in surprise, and she blinked at them. "Didn't you see the news reports?" More head shaking ensued, so she continued. "The seas are rejecting the waste humans have been dumping into them. All that garbage is washing up on the beaches but only next to populated areas. This is happening worldwide. Governments are being forced to deal with it. Some stations have reported that the waste is being directed to these locations by a sea-dwelling race the media have named the Atlantians. They even have some amateur photos of the mermaids."

"Shit, there's no way to put the cat back in the bag now," Roy agreed.

"Can't they just back off and keep their distance from it?" Dayshia asked.

Sigrid shook her head. "The trouble lies in Humans finding out that magic is real. They'll begin working on ways to understand it and potentially negate it. This would eventually lead to our exposure. Discrediting all sources that reference magic as real is simpler and safer."

"Like what happened to that fighter pilot," Tish said with a frown.

Camila nodded. "Exactly. To avoid the genocide of the Hidden Races, some individuals are discredited and given unfair treatment, but the alternatives are far worse."

"It bothers me too, but I get it, and now it's more important than ever," Henry added, placing a hand over Tish's tummy. He recalled speaking with Marisa about his fears of not being ready to be a father. Then came the memory of his clawing his way back to life. He hadn't spoken to Tish about it yet, but had to... soon.

The conversation continued into the evening, and they found some online news clips of the mermaids, but they'd yet to be captured on camera clearly. Finally, people began yawning. The party was over. Henry walked them to the door and hugged everyone except Michelle, who embraced him as he leaned into it.

Sandy and Dayshia took extra-long hugs, and Kesini was glowing from his shared energy when she finally unwrapped herself from Henry.

Finally, it was just Tish and Henry. He took her hand and led her back to the couch, where they sat facing each other.

"How went your last visit to the doctor?" he asked, unsure how to begin what he wanted to say.

She smiled as she looked at him curiously. "She said, based on the growth rate and size of the baby now, I'm on track for a delivery in three months."

He nodded as he thought about that. "How... how are you going to explain it to your family? You're beginning to show."

Tish's hands went to her tummy and cupped the small bulge. Her expression flitted between joy and something resembling panic. "I-I don't know. I know how to be an aunt, but a mother?"

He smiled. "You're going to be an awesome mom. I'm asking how you're going to explain how you could have a baby after your accident and injuries. Your family knows, right?"

She nodded, and her expression settled on dread. "I don't know."

"You could hide from them until after the birth, then say we adopted."

She smiled and touched his cheek. "I can tell them I adopted the baby. I don't have to tell them we're a couple—"

"No. The baby is ours. I want to be its father. I came back for... her?" he guessed, looking at Tish's sweet smile. "She's going to know her father. I didn't get to know mine."

Tish leaned forward and kissed him tenderly. She pulled back a little to look into his eyes. "It could be a boy, but I think it's a girl, too." She smiled wistfully. "I'm not going to say it's adopted." His eyebrows rose. "I want to share this experience with them. I'll tell them I had a radical new transplant treatment and not explain the details. It'll drive them nuts, but they'll be too busy shrieking. That's what my family is like," she said fondly.

Henry stroked the back of her hand with his thumb as he held her hand. "I'm frightened. I'm frightened I won't be able to protect the baby," he choked out.

"Protect the baby?" she asked hesitantly.

He nodded shakily. "Baba took the daughter Mab had with me. I couldn't stop her and haven't seen her since that day." He held back that he visited her through their linked fingers. "When I traveled to Kuwait City in my mind, I saw horrible things happening to children, and I could do nothing for them. With all this magic energy in my body, I could do nothing. Now that Xiong added this thing to my brain, I may be capable of controlling the magic now, but Roy was right. I was never taught how magic works or how to safely use it. I could never risk trying it on another life."

Tish took his face between her hands. "I've never been one, but I know being a parent isn't about magic. I will do my best to love our child and live for them. I'll guide them with advice and listen to them. I'll ensure they have food for their body and mind, shelter, clothing, and life's necessities. Beyond that, it's a crapshoot. I'll do my best. No one can ask more from you."

She suddenly got a determined look in her eye. "I need to go visit my family. I've put this off for too long, and now that I know how much longer it will be, it's safe to make it official. I can arrange a little time off. I'll go see them this week." She looked at him. "I'll be gone for a few days, maybe a week. Think you can manage on your own?"

He grinned and nodded. "You don't want me with you?"

"You're not supposed to travel, remember? Besides, it will be a scream-fest with my sisters—lots of elevated emotions. The second visit is when I introduce you," she explained. "That's the grueling ordeal of surviving their inspection and interrogation."

"Ah, okay," he responded nervously, and she giggled.

Tish stood and pulled Henry to his feet. "Come on, you. You've had quite the day. Time for bed."

He yawned suddenly. "See, you're casting spells of your own on me!"

They headed to the bedroom arm in arm. Henry felt better after opening up to Tish. She looked pretty happy, too. He was looking forward to a good night's sleep.

Then he felt her hand slide down his back to cup his ass. He glanced over and saw she was biting her lip with a mischievous smile.

Sleep would be his second objective tonight.

Chapter 25

Tish spent Sunday making arrangements to visit her family in Philadelphia. Henry smiled as he recalled hearing each sister's squeal of excitement through the phone as Tish rolled her eyes happily at him.

Dayshia and Sandy came over and were similarly inspired to visit family. Soon, all three were on their phones, making arrangements to head off on Monday to see them. Dayshia's sister in Chicago was delighted to have her visit. Tish's sisters were fighting over who would host her during her stay, and Sandy's parents were so happy to have their daughter home after so long.

Henry asked them to maintain their disguises at all times while visiting and received three annoyed stares in return.

The advice from Captain Obvious was not appreciated.

Tish got a flight for that evening, while Dayshia would fly out on Monday morning with Sandy traveling with her as far as Chicago. The blonde would catch a bus from there to Nowhere, Iowa, as she described it. While eager to see her parents, Sandy was the least enthused about the journey, as she said the bus ride was grueling. At least it wouldn't be as bad as her original road trip from her home all the way to New York City.

After the flurry of activity starting just after breakfast and ending with Tish heading off to the airport and Dayshia and Sandy rushing back to their condos to pack, Henry found himself alone on a Sunday night. He didn't feel like cooking, so he pulled out the wad of take-out and delivery menus to make his choice.

His cell rang on the kitchen island, so he picked it up and saw it was Yuko.

"Hello?"

"Henry? This is Yuko. Tish called me to say you might be available for dinner tonight," she said nervously.

"Ah, she did," Henry said, picturing the sneaky little smile on the tall brunette's face as she called from the taxi.

"Are you not?" Yuko asked quickly.

"No, she was right. I have no plans. I was just going to order in."

There was a moment of silence. "Would you like to join Jun and me for dinner?"

Jun would be there. Henry paused. That actually sounded less like a date, so he relaxed a little. "That sounds nice. When—"

"Any time. Now, if you like. Seven-oh-eight," she chirped, then hung up.

Henry blinked in surprise, then set the cell down. He decided to change his clothes to something a little nicer than a T-shirt and shorts.

Not that it was a date.

-=-

A short time later, Yuko answered the door and paused to take in Henry's ensemble. The black short-sleeved button-down shirt showed off his muscular arms and broad chest, and his grey khakis fit very well.

He was busy admiring her silk blouse, printed with vintage French wine ads in bold colors. Her black tights hugged her slim legs and ended at her pretty white slippers.

She smiled nervously at him, then noticed he was holding a bottle of wine.

"Is that for me?" she asked.

He smiled and handed it to her. "To match your lovely shirt!" he said with a grin. "I've never been to your place."

"Please come in," she said, stepping back.

He entered and left his slippers at the door. He saw the condo wasn't furnished in the Japanese minimalist style as she'd done to his first condo. Her living room couch and chairs were contemporary, bordering on modern, but they looked comfortable. There were also several boldly colored movie posters on the walls. He saw West Side Story, Kill Bill, Blade Runner, V for Vendetta, Pulp Fiction, and Excalibur. He raised an eyebrow and looked back at Yuko, who grinned quickly.

"Jun is very fond of American pop culture." She looked over at the posters. "I just like the colors."

Other pop culture references, like small figurines and toys, were scattered throughout the room.

He spotted Jun working in the open-concept kitchen, and she looked up to smile at him as she worked at the island. "Hi, Henry!"

"Hi, Jun. Something smells delicious!" he returned with a smile.

"It's almost ready. Please make yourself comfortable in the living room."

Yuko took the wine to the kitchen to open it.

He sat and picked up a comic book left on the couch cushion. He'd seen other kids reading them at school as he grew up but never had the money to buy one. Baba had made it clear such activities were a waste of time.

He flipped through the book and found himself enjoying the story and the colorfully costumed superheroes.

Yuko sat next to him. "You like comics, too?"

He smiled at her self-consciously. "This is actually the first one I've ever read. It's good!"

She looked at him in surprise. "You've never read a comic before? You are so much like Jun. I thought you would read comics like her, too."

He glanced towards the kitchen, where Jun smiled back at him as she worked. He looked back at Yuko. "I'm like Jun?"

"She means we're both nerds," Jun volunteered from across the room.

"Ah," Henry sighed as he leaned back against the cushions. "It's true we both like technology, but I wasn't allowed to collect comic books or play with toys like these while I grew up," he gestured to the collection around him, "Baba was a little strict about what she considered play."

Jun looked over at him. "So, it's true. You were raised by Baba Yaga."

He sighed. "Yes. She was strict, but she was fair and treated me well."

The two ladies were quiet as they struggled to fit that image into their perception of the witch.

"What did you read growing up?" Yuko finally asked.

"Non-fiction. Mostly science-related. You know, nerdy stuff."

Jun and Yuko chuckled.

"Dinner is ready. Please take a seat at the dining room table," Jun said, so Yuko and Henry stood and walked over to a four-seat table by the window overlooking the water. Yuko lit the candles as Henry sat and smiled at the elegant place settings.

Jun approached with a platter of sliced prime rib surrounded by potatoes and carrots. Then he noticed she was wearing a frilly apron and not much else. She'd been behind the kitchen island, so he'd missed it earlier.

She noticed the widening of his eyes and smiled demurely. "I am merely the help this evening."

As she walked back to the kitchen, he saw the g-string disappearing between her perfect ass cheeks. His face heated up, and he glanced at Yuko, who seemed to be enjoying his reaction.

"I understand Tish, Dayshia, and Sandy have all gone to visit family," she said, holding his eyes with hers.

He cleared his throat and smiled at the welcome subject change. "Yes. It began with Tish feeling a little homesick, then it spread to the others."

"But not you? You do not feel homesick?" Yuko asked with a little smile.

Henry shrugged. "It's no longer there. Baba's cottage was in a bog north of the city, but it's been filled in. The last time I went back, everything was just... gone." He shook his head and smiled self-consciously. "It was just a small cottage with no electricity in a swamp, so not much to be nostalgic about." He saw the beginnings of a look of pity in Yuko's eye and moved to nip that in the bud. "Not as gorgeous as your home in Japan!" he exclaimed.

A look of confusion came and went on Yuko's face as she recalled he'd visited Japan and her parent's home.

She nodded. "Yes, it was pretty, but not to our taste. Too traditional," Yuko answered as she shook her head.

Jun was nodding as she approached the table with a gravy boat. "Definitely, mother's taste. I think even father would have preferred something a little more contemporary."

She looked at her sister. "Before I forget, Mother told me to let you know if we are successful tonight, she will expect us to return to Japan immediately."

Yuko gaped at her sister, and her short temper looked like it was about to make an appearance.

Jun set the gravy down and held up a hand. "Not permanently. She just said it was critically important for us to not delay our return."

Yuko pouted but nodded. Disobeying a parent was obviously something to be avoided in their household... as it had been in his, too.

Henry was still confused. "I-I thought you'd need to be in heat or something. Human women have to be at some particular phase of their monthly cycle to be fertile or..." He stopped as both Jun and Yuko were giving him the look. The one which said he was a man and therefore not an authority on the subject and should shut up.