Savannah 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, it was about Preston, beating Sumner with his cane. He just died, Preston that is not Sumner," she said, leaning back so that she could run her fingers across his chest and downwards towards his flat stomach and the delicious things beneath that.

"Yes, that's right and poor old Charlie is still suffering, he was hurt very badly mentally" Fairfax told her, his body jerking involuntarily as he felt her cool fingers touch his soft, but receptive penis.

"Loo," Fairfax said, pushing the locks of blonde hair that continually flopped down over his forehead away. It was a gesture that Amanda, and a host of other women over the years, had found so attractive. "We are heading for a war, unless we can do something to stop it," he went on sitting up suddenly.

"So people keep saying, but I can't believe it," Amanda replied, swinging around from her position on the bed so that she could face him. Her breasts wobbled enticingly.

"Obviously it is not inevitable, but at the moment the north and the south are on a collision course over the slavery issue, amongst a host of other things."

"Yes, but a war, a civil war, American fighting American?" Amanda frowned. It just didn't make sense to her. "It's avoidable, but the slave thing has to change," Fairfax responded, stroking her dark chestnut hair that tumbled down over the pale skin of her shoulders and breasts. "It is against basic human dignity and rights, one man should not be able own another."

"True, I agree with that, but surely many slaves are better off 'owned' than free, I'd imagine?"

"That's as may be, Amanda, but the other issue is trade. Frankly, most of Europe, Great Britain, France and Germany in particular, are so against it they are making noises about not buying our goods and restricting our access to their capital unless we sort ourselves out very soon. Britain in particular is totally opposed to the protectionism that the south want. They endorse a free trade environment, and we are not complying, largely because of slavery."

"I see," she nodded thoughtfully. "I hadn't thought of it like that."

"No, what most people don't realise is we have to continue expanding our industrial base, something the South is not interested in. It's critical for the North, but we need the capital and other financial services, like insurance, that only London can provide. If we don't agree about stopping the expansion of slavery, London simply won't provide funding. It really is as simple as that."

Amanda rested her head on Fairfax's knee and stroked his calf and foot. He had lovely, smooth skin covered on tiny, blonde hairs. "So what's going to happen?" she asked.

"Well, I can tell you for as certain as anything, Lincoln will be the next president, and he will not back down on it."

"He is not insisting on abolishing slaves is he?"

"No, but he's adamant there will be no more expansion. The new states must not embrace slavery and if they do there will be war."

She sighed. "But eventually he'll ban it won't he?"

"Yes, of course, Amanda. It has to be banned. Eventually the slaves have to be freed."

"Why are you so certain that Lincoln will be president, the newspapers do not seem to see it like that."

"Well that's as maybe, but they don't know what I do."

"And that is?"

"Don't you ever repeat this Amanda, but we have ways of ensuring the correct result comes about from an election. I cannot tell you more than that, but will stress that we will do whatever it takes to stop the Southerner Breckinridge and that lunatic Douglas. Neither can be permitted to be President."

Amanda nodded again, but her thoughts were wandering between their discussion, and the rapidly hardening cock in her hand. "So, what exactly is it you would like me to do?" she asked coquettishly, bending her head to lick around the rounded tip of his erection. "Other than suck this, of course."

Fairfax let out a low groan as he reached down and cupped her breast. Their conversation was at an end.