Saving Ana Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ana watched Julian for a moment as he sat on the lounge, eyes focused intently on her. She didn't even want to think on what the hell he was seeing, or why he seemed so intent on watching her every move. Ana shook her head, doing her best to draw her attention back to the task at hand. The magic shop, after all, wasn't going to run itself.

————

By the time Ana was finished with the shop, she realised it was almost sunrise. She turned to the lounge, and noticed Julian was still there, sitting in exactly the same position she had left him in. Had he been like that the whole evening? She had been so busy, she had hardly noticed him further.

"Let's get you to bed. It will be sunrise soon," Ana said. The vampire seemed to just look up at her vaguely.

Ana sighed, grabbing the man's hand and tugging. He seemed to understand that, and stood up, following her down into the basement as she led him.

Ana seated the vampire on his bed, "Stay here and when the sun rises, your soul will rest."

The vampire looked at the pillow then looked at her. He grabbed her by the hands, pulling her to sit down with him. What was he doing now?

"Is everything ok?" Ana asked, sitting down on the bed next to him. She noticed he was looking a little scruffy. Would he know how the bathe himself or if he would need help, she wondered? She shook it out of her head and put that one into tomorrow's tasks. Right now, she was too bone-tired to find out.

Julian caught her off guard, while his face remained neutral, he brought his fingers to her face and gently stroked her cheek. It was the softest of touches, the barest of caresses, but it send electric tingles throughout her entire body, a delicious shiver straight to her stomach. Was it magic? Ana wondered, It didn't feel like magic, but it was certainly an odd sensation.

"Um, thanks Julian." She smiled. Despite their history, Julian like this was actually sort of sweet, "Is this...is this what you're really like when you're not Master of the City?"

She didn't know why she asked it, or why it was something she even wanted to know. Perhaps it was just her exhausted mess of a brain. Goddess, she needed a holiday, when was the last time she'd had a break from the magic shop or coven?

Julian's face remained soft, blank, sweet. He obviously couldn't understand her, just kept stroking her cheek gently and creating all manner of mayhem in her body. Ana took the opportunity to stand back up.

"I'm going to bed in my room now, so you go to sleep ok?" She said slowly. She didn't know why she said any of it, it wasn't like he could understand.

With that, Ana walked back up the stairs and shut the door behind her. Now, it was time to put herself to bed.

As soon as her body hit the bed, she passed out.

————

The fog moved and for a moment he saw...

he saw the woman in front of him, the space around him. The same woman as before...odd...

"Is this what you're really like when you're not Master of the city?" the beautiful woman asked him, full lips a gentle curve on her lovely face.

Fucking.

Hell.

Who was she? What was happening and why could he see her from time to time?

Was she an apparition, or was she real?

She knew his name. Knew he was Master of the City...

So she did know him. But how?And why couldn't he remember her? He wanted to ask her...but his mouth wouldn't move, nothing would damn well move.

He remembered everything...well up until whatever the hell happened to land him in this god-forsaken state inside his brain. But he couldn't remember her.

Surely, he would? There was no way on earth that he'd forget. Julian had always been surrounded by gorgeous women. But she was something else, she had an etherial quality to her, an intensity in her eyes that just had him...captivated...

He hated being in this mindless, zombie-fied state.

I must have meant something that he could see her...he couldn't seem to really see anyone else, at the most they were vague shadows who spoke to him. But her? He could see her with clarity, every detail, every eyelash... so she must've been someone important...otherwise why would he see her with such clarity and not anyone else?

So evidently...she was important...he just didn't know why.

He thought on her question, 'Is this what you're really like when you're not Master of the City?'

What did she mean by that? There was a sadness to her question. The question itself implied that he had been...been less than. That couldn't be right. He was a flawed man but he had prided himself on being a strong leader; a good leader.

Who was she to make him question himself? Maybe she had done this to him. But then, she'd have known him better surely? 'Is this what you're really like?' The question echoed around him.

And what kind of question was that anyway? Who asked a person such a ridiculous question? Whoever she was she was obviously used to sticking her nose in places it didn't belong. Maybe that's why he couldn't remember her, she was obviously some kind of nuisance his brain had blocked out. A beautiful nuisance, but a nuisance none-the-less.

Although, perhaps when Julian really thought about it...well perhaps there had been some mistakes he had made, some enemies he had created in the effort to keep his territory safe. But that was common in the pursuit of power and stabilisation of land.

That being said this woman just didn't seem like the power-hungry type. He didn't know why he felt that, but he did. Who was she? The question was maddening.

More precisely, who was she to him?

He tried to look around, but he couldn't see much. Just that he was sitting on a bed...the woman next to him...what had they been doing before this moment? It was like his body and brain were moving in autopilot and this part of his brain, whatever...wherever it was, was only seeing the things that were happening at random moments.

Julian realised his fingers were on her face, and for a moment he marvelled at how smooth and lovely her skin was. How warm her face felt, he could feel the pulse of blood vibrating, calling out to him...


When had he moved his hand? Come to think of it, had he just sort of woken up like this?

It was bizarre. He tried to focus on her face...Her face was set in a frown...why? Why did she look so sad? Had he done something to her? Hurt her? Evidently his body moved of it's own accord even when the clouds were over his eyes. Like some sort of primal state was running him even though his mind was all but a prisoner only allowed to see into the world for mere moments.

Then, then - the clouds shifted back over his eyes.

No! No!

He tried to clear his eyes. But it was no use, there were clouds and he couldn't see. The woman was gone.


Julian was alone again...

And no closer to sorting out what the hell was going on.

Fuck.

————

A/N: I've had this chapter completed for WEEKS. I just didn't post it because I don't know how I feel about it. But here it is. NO GOING BACK NOW. See y'all in chapter 3.


12