Saving Caitlin Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MaddieKim
MaddieKim
150 Followers

"Thank you for taking me to the clinic and staying with me. I was afraid. I know someone my age shouldn't be afraid of a little shot, but I can't help it." She lifted her hand to touch his face, wincing when the movement sent a ripple of pain up her arm.

"Time for another pain pill. I can't believe you were sleeping when I got home."

"The nurse said it was natural pain blockers that the body sends out when you've been hurt. She said it doesn't usually last long, but she said I was probably in shock, too. I guess it was a good thing you came home early...Why did you come home early?"

It just came to her that he was home in the middle of the day. He didn't do that often and when he did, he would usually call to let her know he was on his way. His laugher this time was full of relief. She would be okay.

"It doesn't matter," he replied. He wouldn't get what he had come home for, because he wouldn't put her arm in further distress.

"Why?" she prodded.

"I came home for a little afternoon delight. Guess I'll have to wait."

"It's my arm that's hurt, not my other parts," she giggled. "I can still spread my legs."

"Not tonight. Just moving hurts your arm." He handed her a pain pill. "When I take you, I'm still going to beat the shit out of you for scaring me first."

"I'm sorry, sir," she whispered very demurely as a good sub would, but there was a sparkle in her eyes. He wouldn't hurt her. He had never hurt her from day one. Oh, he would tie her up, tie her down, use a paddle or whip, or do any number of other things, but he never hurt her. He never left a mark on her with the possible exception of a hickey or two. Even those, he didn't really like afterwards. He just didn't like the sight of bruises, marks, welts, or cuts. Maybe a little red butt now and then, but that was all. He never hurt her.

She would be asleep in fifteen minutes flat, he knew. She had only lasted ten minutes earlier this afternoon when they had returned from the EmergaClinic. He had taken her there instead of the hospital because it was only a few miles from the house. He held her, deciding he would carry her to bed after she fell asleep. He knew she felt safe in his arms and he needed to hold her to remind himself she was okay. While he waited for her to fall asleep, he thought about the doctor at the clinic.

"Mrs..." the doctor started, but Catie interrupted.

"Miss Cunningham. I'm Miss Caitlin Cunningham."

"I see."

"No, you probably don't. We're not married, but we do live together," Jon said firmly. The look he gave the doctor said SHE'S MINE.

"Okay. Why don't you tell me how this happened while I start putting you back together?" The doctor pushed her hair away from her shoulders, ran his fingertips across the collar Cate was wearing, and shifted his eyes to Jon. Jon's look did not change; they said none of your business. MINE. Caitlin always wore her collar at home and he hadn't thought to remove it before taking her to the clinic.

Catie told the doctor the same story she had told Jon on the way to the clinic. Each time he stuck her with the needle, the doctor saw the way she held Jon's hand. He also saw the look of concern on Jon's face. He was satisfied that Jon had not caused the deep cut on her arm.

He also understood the collar.

"Mr. ..."

"DeMarco. Jon DeMarco, Dr. Kimble," Jon supplied icily.

"I'll need to see Miss Cunningham back here in a week to take the stitches out. For now, why don't you come with me? I'll explain how to care for the wound while my nurse cleans her up and puts on the bandage."

"Jon," Catie was fighting panic. She didn't want Jon to leave her. He brought her hand gently to his lips, then brushed his lips across hers.

"It's all right, baby. I'll be right back. I promise I'll be right back. The doctor's through sewing you up. Just stay still and let the nurse bandage it. Maybe they have some Barney bandages." He squeezed her hand. "I'll be right back."

Her lips still trembled, but smiled when he mention the Barney bandages and nodded okay.

The doctor led him to his office and shut the door. "Mr. DeMarco, I believe I practice the same lifestyle that you do, if I'm right about the meaning of the collar Miss Cunningham is wearing." He waited for a reply, continuing when Jon said nothing.

"Cautious. I can't say I blame you. The vanilla world doesn't often understand us. Do you belong to any...clubs?"

"No."

"Neither do we, my subbie and I, that is. There are two other couples we get together with now and then. We've been looking for a fourth. I think maybe you and your sub would fit in, if you're interested. I'll give you my card.

"I would be happy to meet with you at a time more convenient to both of us. If you have any questions, we'll have more time to discuss them later. I will say you would be welcome to visit before you make up your mind. We don't hold with cruelty."

Smiling, he continued. "Both you and Miss Cunningham convinced me that her accident was just that, an accident. I found no other bruises, abrasions, or other indications that she has been abused. I assure you, you would not have been considered to join us if I thought you had caused that laceration. And I would have had no qualms reporting you to the authorities."

Jon was quiet during this discourse, then nodded and said softly, "I'd give my life for hers." And with those words, the unconscious became conscious. Jon knew Catie was his life; he loved her.

The doctor cocked his head. "I think you would. I have been married to my submissive for six years. I, too, would give my life for hers. Think about what I've told you and give me a call if you're interested. We'll talk more about what we do and don't do.

"Oh, and give Miss Cunningham these pain tablets every four hours for the next day, then as needed. They'll probably make her sleepy. Take the gauze off tomorrow and watch for any redness. If there is any sign of infection, bring her back immediately."

Jon nodded, picked up the tablets, and went back to Catie. She nearly crawled into his arms when he returned. He picked her up and carried her out as he had carried her in. At the desk, he said to send him a bill.

Nearing the end of the contract...what will happen now?

He got one of Catie's homemade cookies and a bottle of Miller Lite, taking both to his home office. He worked from home quite often. It was efficient. He had three computers, a fax machine, scanner, two printers, and various other items that made it a perfect place to work.

Several pictures of Catie hung on the wall opposite his chair. He liked to look up and see her bound naked. The picture from November was still one of his favorites. It had taken over a month for all the bruises and cuts to heal from Carl. This picture had been taken a couple of months later. Her hair cascaded around her shoulders and her eyes had the glassy look she got after she had been well fucked. The hint of vulva that was visible was swollen and pink.

Two other pictures showed Catie in her red corset when he finally conquered her fear of being blindfolded. In one, she was putting an ornament on the tree. The other was with the mask. In both, she was flushed with arousal. They were favorites, too. A few other photos rounded out the arrangement on the wall.

Her contract would end in less than a month. He had realized for some weeks that he would never be able to give her up. Would she stay on her own accord? He couldn't force her. He had asked for one year. He hadn't anticipated that he would fall in love with her.

His eyes fell on Dr. Kimble's business card. He had met him one Wednesday on the golf course. He didn't play often, but it was a good neutral place to meet. He found out a little more about him, his wife, and the other two couples. They liked to play cards, have cookouts, and the like, but preferred to do it with others in a similar lifestyle. They wouldn't have to be so careful keeping their private life private.

Jon thought it might be nice to have other friends beside his old college friends, but he wouldn't want to start a commitment until he knew what Catie would do when the 'enslavement period' was over. It amazed him when he thought how long it had been since he considered her time with him as 'enslavement'. He would have to convince her to stay even if he didn't join the doctor and his friends. Catie couldn't leave. He didn't need the doctor's group.He did need her.

Since the weekend at the cabin and especially the kitchen accident, the slow changes in their relationship became more noticeable. As Jon nurtured and praised Catie, her confidence increased and Jon's dominance decreased. Catie had become her own woman. She had metamorphosed from a frightened waif into an intelligent, fun-loving, mischievous woman. It was like seeing a butterfly emerge from its cocoon and Jon loved every one of those changes. He would always be her master, but perhaps, in time, that dominance would only appear in the bedroom...if he could convince her to stay.

Her arm had healed nicely, but left a thin pink scar. He knew it would change to a thin white line in time. She still couldn't remember exactly how it happened, but promised to be more careful and not daydream while in the kitchen.

He forced himself to work a few more hours, giving up when his stomach and the sounds of her in the kitchen were more important to him than his computer.

"Caitlin, come here," he called to her and smiled when he heard her coming down the hall.

"Yes, sir." There was laughter in her voice.

"Change clothes. We're going out to eat. Put...you've already got a dress on." He barely noticed the twinkle in her eyes, but her smile took his breath away.

"Yes, sir. I will be happy to do whatever you want, but I just put steaks out on the grill. I was going to surprise you."

Smiling, he caught her in his arms. "Okay. I was just going to give you a break. I'd better go out and watch the steaks."

On the way outside, he noticed the candles, cut flowers from her garden, and fancy napkins beside the plates on the table. He smiled at her and caught her blushing. Music played seductively in the background.

"I wanted it to be special. I hope that's okay."

"Oh, baby, it's wonderful."

Later, when he danced with her in the living room to one of their favorite songs, he decided to jump in with both feet.

"I think tomorrow we should go to town and pick out your wedding ring.Unless you want me to pick it out and surprise you."

Her mouth formed an O but nothing came out. Her eyes widened and a tear slid out as she backed out of his arms. "Are you...are you...?"

"Catie, my love, will you marry me?" He hoped for the best, but started to drop his arms.

Good thing he had braced himself or they both would have landed on the floor when she flew into his arms and wrapped her legs around him. He automatically tightened his arms around her.

"Is this a yes?"

"Yes. Oh yes, yes, yes."

Later, when he held her in his arms, both naked and now breathing normal, he asked if she wanted a big wedding or something simpler with a great honeymoon.

"Neither of us have families to invite. Oh, Jon, do you think Ginny would let us get married at her cabin?"

"Caitlin Marie Cunningham, that is an excellent idea. We'll call her tomorrow. She'll be the first we tell. Maybe she'll be my best man."

"Oh, Jon, you can't. I want to ask her to stand up with me. She said you loved me. I've held on to that for weeks. I was beginning to think she was wrong."

His eyebrows lifted. "She said I loved you? When?"

"When we went to the cabin and all your college friends were there. She said you loved me, but didn't know it yet. Remember that night you wanted to know what we had talked about while I was in the kitchen with her? I was afraid you were going to make me tell you when you were asking me all those questions."

"But you didn't."

"No."

"Why?"

"I didn't believe her. And I thought it would be better for you to figure it out for yourself, if it were true."

"You're sneaker than I thought, love—and much more mature than your twenty years. But your instincts were probably right. I had to realize it myself. Actually, I've been wondering for a couple of months what I would do when you left. Maybe I've wondered that from day one. I should send that bastard Carl a thank you note."

She stiffened. "Oh, Jon, please don't."

"Shh, baby. I was just teasing. I won't let him within a hundred miles of you if I can help it. Shh." He pulled her close and rubbed her back. She was shaking. He couldn't believe she could still be so afraid of him. "It's okay, baby. Really."

When she calmed down, she asked what kind of ring he was going to get her. He chuckled.

Two years later

"Are you sure you want to try to get pregnant before you finish school?"

"I want your baby. I might not get pregnant immediately. Ginny has a baby. Don't you think Mandy is the cutest little thing? It's so neat that she and Mark finally decided they were meant for each other. Then Mandy came. I want a baby, too."

"Catie, love, don't have a baby just because our friends have one. Ginny is more than ten years older than you. You have plenty of time. I want you to finish school. It'll be harder if you have a baby and try to go to school."

Cate caressed Jon's cheek, bending to brush her lips across his. "I'll finish school, I promise. School means a lot to me," she said seriously. "My stepfather said I would never make anything of myself. He said I was a cheap slut, a whore, and stupid. I knew down deep he was wrong, but when I got hooked up with Carl, I thought maybe he was right. I was stupid enough to hitch rides, so I must be really stupid.

"If I didn't think my stepfather would come looking for a handout, I'd send him a copy of my degree when I get it. He was such a bastard. In some ways, he was worse than Carl. Carl never pretended to be anything other than what he was."

"Come here, love. We'll practice making a baby." He took her gently and sweetly, erasing both the memory of Carl and her stepfather. He kissed her forehead, nuzzled her ear, sucked her earlobe, licked a line from her ear to her mouth, and dueled with her tongue before moving down her body. He lingered at her breasts, tasting and nipping before tracing a circle around her belly button. When he went farther down, she involuntarily bucked.

A long while later, as thoughts floated around her mind, Catie fell asleep in Jon's arms. She felt safe...loved...protected. Jon had rescued her from hell and gave her a piece of heaven right here on earth. She knew that no matter what life brought, she and Jon would face it together.

Epilogue

Mark and Ginny often invited Jon and Caitlin to the cabin, along with Peter and Jane. Once the children came, though, clothes stayed on, unless, of course, it was a childless weekend...and only when they were swimming.

Todd took a job across the country, seldom returning to the area. He was never invited back to the cabin. Ginny had heard that he was big into drugs now.

Through the years, Jon and Catie's life changed as life itself brought changes, different jobs, different locations, children being born, growing and leaving the nest as children do. One thing never changed, though—the love they had for each other. They continued their 'lifestyle' only in the privacy of their bedroom. Catie often marveled how her life had been turned upside down and Jon thanked God he went to Carl's for a going away party.

~*~*~

This is the end of Jon and Cate's story. Remember to vote. If you have a minute, leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.

To those who asked to be notified when I posted another story, I hope the wait was worth it. Thanks, Maddie

MaddieKim
MaddieKim
150 Followers
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
40 Comments
inka2222inka22225 months ago

4.5 stars. Probably even 4.7. As a previous commenter, the main thing and probably the only thing I didn't like was the Ginny thing. He violated his promise at the very least, and hurt her by taking another woman without even discussing with her (and this comes from someone who's Poly). But overall, it was an amazing D/s story, with likeable characters, believable dynamics and decent plot. Thank you.

hazeleys34hazeleys34over 1 year ago

Excellent story I love the characters and flow

sweetone66sweetone66almost 3 years ago

Unfortunately, for some strange reason, the option to vote has been absent for most of this story... however, I give most of the story 4-5 stars, and this chapter 5 stars for the wonderful ending! I am such a romantic LOL :) .

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
5 stars

the best story I have read in years, just shows what true D/S is about and the rewards gained.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Great story, shame we were unable to rate it, as I would of given it 5 stars! Caitlin is the sort of person I would love to find in real life. I will look forward to reading more of Maddie Kim's work.

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Comforting My Neighbor's Daughter I fuck my innocent neighbor when she comes to me for comfort.in Mature
Charity Begins Next Door Life isn't fair. So when you fight back, fight dirty.in Romance
Sales Team Desperate woman tries to pay back man who saves her.in Romance
The Rehab Following one's dreams.in Romance
Irish Eyes His love was betrayed, what next.in Romance
More Stories