Saving Hibreon Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Returning to the bedroom, she found Kytia and Wy had gone. They'd probably met with Araquies in the throne room, and Lost wasn't particularly interested in their discussion. Kytia and Wy might be irritated with Araquies after their talk, so Lost thought a practical joke was in order. She headed for the kitchen.

The Ay'niki had kept the place well stocked, and she was happy to note they'd been using local fruits and veggies instead of their own gross food paste. Lost wasn't there for food, however. There was a large table and several chairs where the servants had taken their meals, and it seemed the best place to start.

Lost moved a few chairs to the center of the table then began to stack the others on top. When her construction project was too tall for safety, she used her magic to top it off. Next, she took the silverware and utensils from the drawers and arranged them in pretty floral patterns around her tower. It wasn't long before it became more about art than humor. She used some kitchen twine to hang a few pieces of left-over silver from the rungs of the chairs.

She stepped back to admire her work from the doorway. Then, while making a brief circuit around the table, she made a few adjustments here and there. Once satisfied with her endeavor, Lost decided to check the throne room.

She entered on a tail end of something Wy said to Kytia. "We can find them and bring them home."

Kytia replied, "I'm not that kind of hero, Wy."

Of course, Kytia was a hero. They all were. Lost said, "Me."

Wy smiled and asked her, "You what?"

Lost pointed to her own chest and tried his word. "Her-oh."

He said, "Fuck yeah, you are! And so am I. So, what do you say, Kytia?"

Kytia laughed and said, "I say you're both fucking crazy. For now, let's see if we can find you heroes something to eat."

Lost grinned, because they were headed exactly where she wanted to go. Then Kytia remarked, "That was one of Queen Ryn's favorite dresses."

Lost stopped in mid step, and she dropped her smile. It had never occurred to her Kytia's feelings might be hurt if Lost borrowed her deceased friend's clothes. "Oh, sorry, Kytia." She started to take the gown off, but Kytia took both of Lost's hands in hers and kissed her fingers.

Kytia smiled through tears and told her, "You look beautiful. If you like it, maybe we can find some sewing stuff around here somewhere. You could fix it so that it fits you."

"Thank you, Kytia. Love you." Lost looked forward to wielding a needle and thread again, and she made a mental note to go on the hunt for those items once they'd eaten.

Kytia stopped abruptly in the kitchen doorway. She exclaimed, "What the fuck?" She approached the table and stared up at the tower of chairs. "I mean, who does this shit? Have you ever known the Ay'niki to do something so... fucking weird?"

Indeed, the blue-skinned aliens lacked the creative genius required for such an endeavor. Lost placed a hand over her mouth to hide a laugh, while keeping her eyes as wide as possible. She gave her own work the appropriate level of awe it deserved.

Wyfrost circled the display, studying the arrangement of silverware and utensils. A slow smirk crept up the corner of his lips. He locked eyes on Lost, but he spoke to Kytia. "They didn't build this."

"Oh, come on, Wy. It's not like any ylf'nim would do it." Then Kytia realized who Wyfrost was staring at.

Kytia's gaze shifted from the kitchen sculpture to its artist and back again. Then she turned her full attention on Lost. She blinked a few times and Lost noticed she tried to keep her lips firm. Kytia was probably trying to come up with some sort of admonishment.

Lost's expression of wide-eyed innocence was part of the performance. Lost had been known to break even the very stoic Eloua with her sweet defiance. Kytia was easy. The two women stared at one another until Kytia's mouth quivered, and a brief snort of laughter escaped her nose. And Lost was the victor.

Once Lost could get her to relax, Kytia was all in. Her stance softened, and Kytia allowed herself a moment of genuine laughter. Lost thought she was truly beautiful like that, when her soul wasn't all stuffed up into the next "very important thing" she had to worry over. Kytia's laugh made Wy laugh with her, and Lost felt her mission was accomplished.

Wyfrost helped her break down her sculpture, and Kytia put a meal together. While they worked, they discussed their plans for the following day. Lost was hopeful about visiting Wy's home, and she looked forward to seeing Luma again. She could tell Kytia was hesitant to leave Raelinholm, but it seemed Wy had convinced her to go with them.

Lost decided to wait until that time to ask Kytia about Malevaur. Once she was cornered in the Eloua shuttle, there'd be nowhere to escape the conversation. It was a tactic which Kytia herself was fond of using.

Eventually, Wy asked Lost, "So, what were you up to while we were sorting things out with Araquies?"

Feigning incredulity, she raised her brows and passed her hand over the table to remind him of the towering art piece they had so recently deconstructed. Not having the words she wanted in Barter, she spoke to him in ylf'nim.

Kytia translated through her own chuckling, "'Did you not just witness my magnificent masterpiece?'"

If Kytia and Wyfrost didn't know just how haunted the city was, it was probably for the best. They had enough concerns without having to worry about something they couldn't control. Lost felt responsible, and it was a mess she wanted to clean up on her own, if she could.

12