Saving Hibreon Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"As for the specific people you're looking for, a good place to start would be the records department at the Xian Biological Auction. Nothing happens to a captive without going through the XBA first. I've sent those coordinates as well as a safehouse you can use if you need it. That's about all I've got for you."

Wyfrost nodded, saying, "Thank you. It's a lot more than I had to go on a few minutes ago. We appreciate your help."

The display went blank for a moment, then it was lit by an image of a Sil space station. Lem said, "This is Arcadian station Far Radiance. Cole is transferring the coordinates and directory to the Nephilumen's new systems. They've been informed of your mission, and if there's anything you need, it should be an easy jump for the Oracle."

Wy, Kytia, and Ilyana put their heads together over what information they had. They wanted to get in and out with their people, while inflicting as little damage as possible. Even though Kytia and Wy knew their enemy, they also knew that no plan survived without some measure of flexibility. After three days of waiting and planning, they were on their way to Xian.

When Ilyana entered Luma's core, any worry about her ability to work with him was laid to rest. Operating within her vessel's system was still as natural to her as taking a breath. When they were in range of Xian, she released a drone to get a closer look at what they were dealing with.

Ilyana sent the drone to examine the central city and the auction house. The image that the device sent back had them all stunned. The XBA was in flames. The fire quickly spread out to the street and neighboring buildings, while Ay'niki authorities and civilians desperately tried to gain some measure of control.

Ilyana stared at the image, the light of the fire reflected in her large blue eyes. She finally managed to utter what they were all thinking, "Holly sheet."

"Yeah," Wy absently corrected through numb lips. "Holy shit."

12