Saving the Company Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JoeDreamer
JoeDreamer
6,329 Followers

"Is he trying to take back our promotions?" Helen asked with a grin as she joined them.

"No, he's just miffed because we aren't inviting him," Judy teased.

"Where's Clark?" Joe asked. "I'm feeling a bit outnumbered." The ladies laughed and exited Joe's office. He watched them go with a smile and stopped Bethany only long enough to say, "I'll see you in the morning." She nodded and quickly followed the others.

They went to a local bar and Judy ordered them a round of drinks. They talked about work for a while and their promotions. Bethany described her encounter with Tim in some detail as she ordered the next round. Sally added her own observations and they all ended up laughing again.

"So, do you guys want to hear what the latest company pool is?" Sally asked.

"I don't know, do we?" Judy asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Probably not," Sally laughed, but then proceeded to tell them anyway. "It's who is going to get married first, you and Bradley or Joe and Bethany." Judy rolled her eyes while Bethany groaned.

"Bradley and I are waiting for Bethany and Joe to resolve their little issue before making anything formal," Judy said. "Although, at the rate they're going, I make no promises."

"So, what is up with you and Joe?" Helen asked, ordering another round.

"Depends on who you talk to," Bethany sighed, taking another sip of her drink.

"Joe says that I just need to overcome my fear of relationships," she explained. "Judy thinks I need to have faith and trust." Bethany paused with a frown and then remembering, added, "Oh yeah! She also says I need to stop thinking so much!"

"True," Judy shrugged.

"Well, I think you should quit while you're ahead!" Helen put in. She sounded a tad bit drunk already. Her small size probably had something to do with it. That and the fact that she threw down her first two drinks.

"Helen!" Sally cried.

"Okay, okay," Helen said with a roll of her eyes. "Maybe I'm not the best person to talk to at this time. I'm still pretty pissed at my ex!"

"I don't much like my ex either," Sally confided.

"See!" Bethany cried. "The whole idea of marriage is..."

"Not really the issue," Judy interjected. "It's not marriage that's the problem, it's marriage to the wrong man."

"Amen to that!" Sally added. "I said I didn't like my ex, but I love my current husband. He's a good man. I'm lucky to have him."

"And the guy I lived with for a couple of years was a jerk, but Bradley is something different altogether," Judy said. Bethany glanced at her three friends.

"Don't look at me," Helen shrugged. "Every guy I've met so far is a looser! Especially my ex!"

"That's just because you haven't met the right guy yet," Sally said knowingly.

"The question you have to ask yourself," Judy said to Bethany. "Is whether Joe is the right guy for you?"

"He's the only guy for me, but..." Bethany began.

"There can be no buts," Sally said. Judy nodded in agreement. "Either he is or he isn't the right guy for you. It's really that simply."

"But how do you know?" Bethany asked.

"Oh I give up!" Judy snapped, but Sally wasn't so quick to surrender.

"Close your eyes and picture yourself in twenty years," she said.

"I'll be lucking to be alive in twenty years!" Bethany snorted.

"Shush!" Sally snapped. "You're not that old!"

"Okay, I'm picturing it," Bethany said with a loud sigh.

"Describe what you see," Sally demanded.

"I see a large house overlooking a lake," Bethany said. She always liked lakes. "I'm sitting is a brightly colored room facing east. The sun is rising and I'm eating a freshly made omelet."

"What else do you see?" Sally asked. Judy and Helen were watching in silence.

"What do you mean?" Bethany asked, still keeping her eyes closed. Judy and Helen exchanged a look, but Sally kept them quiet with a gesture.

"Look down at the table," Sally said softly. "Tell me what you see."

"I see my omelet," Bethany said with a frown.

"Is that all that's on the table?"

"No," Bethany said. "There is another place setting and another omelet on the table as well." Sally looked at the other women and winked. She was smiling now.

"Whose omelet is it?"

"How should I know?" Bethany asked in annoyance.

"Look over and see who is sitting next to you, silly."

"Oh my!" Bethany said as her eyes snapped open.

"Whoever you saw is the man for you," Sally said confidently.

"I hope it wasn't your ex," Helen said with a snort.

"It wasn't," Bethany said, smiling tentatively.

"Finally!" Judy cried reaching for her drink. She accidentally brushed her breast against the bar and flinched.

"What's wrong?" Bethany asked.

"Nothing," Judy sighed, but when Bethany continued to look at her she added, "My breasts just seem more sensitive lately."

"Um, Judy," Bethany said, remembering the one and only time her own breasts became so sensitive. "This is a bit personal, but are you and Bradley using protection?"

"No," Judy said after a moment's hesitation.

"Isn't that a little risky?" Helen asked.

"Not really," Judy replied. "We both want kids."

"Well, it's probably too early to tell," Bethany sighed. "But there's a good chance you'll both get your wish."

"You mean..." Just said, but then she cut herself off suddenly and faced Sally. "If this hits the company rumor mill I'll kill you!"

"I'm willing to hold off on the pool until you're certain you're really pregnant," Sally smiled.

"And she tells Bradley," Bethany put in. Sally nodded good-naturedly.

"I don't know if I want you to be right or wrong!" Judy cried. "I've know Bradley's parents and all, but I have no idea how they'll react!"

"I wouldn't worry about Brad," Bethany grinned. "But I'm a bit curious as to how Cherie will react myself."

"Thanks!" Judy said sarcastically.

"Just forget it for now," Helen said. "Bethany could be wrong and there is no point in getting your hopes up, or fears for that matter."

"She's right," Sally put in.

"Easy for you all to say!" Judy sighed, putting down her drink. "I guess I'd better stop drinking just in case."

The four spent another half hour talking, but the conversation pretty much relied heavily on Sally and Helen. Judy and Bethany were deep in their own thoughts.

"I've got to go!" Just said suddenly. "I think it's time Bradley asks me to marry him again. I'm not willing to wait any longer for you and Joe to figure things out!"

"I wouldn't worry about that," Bethany smiled. "You go and find Bradley. I need to get ready to visit Joe in the morning."

"Why don't I give you a ride home?" Sally asked Helen. The slightly built woman was the only one who seemed a bit tipsy.

"That's not nec..." Helen began as she tried to stand. She had some difficultly. Helen laughed and added, "I guess maybe it is!"

"You know, my husband has a brother that would be just right for you," Sally said as she took Helen's arm and led her toward the door.

"Is he cute?" Helen asked.

"Why don't you come to my house for dinner on Sunday and see?"

***

"Oh, this is just pointless!" I growled, putting down the book I'd been trying to read for nearly an hour. I looked at the clock and saw that it was nearly midnight. I got up, stretched and decided to at least try and go to sleep. I needed minimally a few hours of sack time before seeing what Bethany had to say in the morning.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth after cleaning up the kitchen. It all didn't take very long. I was about to shut the lights when there was a knock on the front door. I went to it and threw it open. I wasn't really surprised to see Bethany standing there. Who else would be at my front door at midnight?

"Aren't we supposed to be meeting tomorrow morning?" I asked with a shake of my head.

"We agreed to meet Saturday morning," Bethany said, looking at her watch. "It's after midnight, so technically it's Saturday morning."

"In a rush to break the bad news to me?" I asked, holding my breath.

"Not really," she smiled and I let out my breath.

"So, trying to avoid having to make me an omelet?" I joked nervously as I escorted her into my house. Instead of rolling her eyes or laughing, Bethany surprised me by smiling warmly and kissing me.

"Promise me we'll buy a house by a lake when we retire?" she asked.

"Why wait until then?" I asked, not sure why she was asking, but realizing it meant something special to her. "We could always buy a summer home by a lake now."

"I'd like that," Bethany said, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

"What's wrong?" I asked, worried about why she was crying.

"Absolutely nothing," Bethany smiled, wiping her tears. "Why don't you get us both a drink? We could probably both use it!"

I went to the bar and made two drinks. Slowly the realization that Bethany had really consented to be mine hit me. I downed one of the glasses and refilled it without thought. I then walked to Bethany and handed her the other glass.

"Wait here!" I said, suddenly remembering. Bethany's arriving early had thrown me. I nearly ran into my bedroom to find what I was looking for. I returned with a smile and walked up to Bethany and knelt down on one knee. She blushed happily, obviously aware of what was coming next.

"I think we should make it official," I smiled.

"It's probably a good idea," she agreed.

"Bethany will you consent to be my wife?" I asked holding open a jewelry box with an engagement ring. Bethany ignored the ring for the moment and looked directly into my eyes.

"Yes," she said simply, and it was enough. I stood and kissed her briefly before removing the ring from its box and placing it on her finger.

"It's beautiful!" she said, looking at the ring for the first time. It was rather large, but Bethany thought she could get used to it. "How did you know I would like a pear shaped diamond?"

"The same way I knew the correct size," I replied. Bethany looked up into my eyes and then nodded in understanding.

"Jennie," she said. That was one of the things I loved best about Bethany. She was so damn smart!

"Your daughter was a big help," I smiled. "God knows what you would have ended up with if not for her!"

"You didn't enlist the help of my granddaughter as well?" Bethany asked.

"No," I replied honestly. "I would have if I was sure you were going to say yes, but..."

"I didn't make it easy for you, did I?" Bethany asked with a gentle laugh.

"No, but it was worth it!" I smiled in reply. It was at that moment that I noticed that Bethany was still wearing her coat, so I asked, "Can I take your coat?"

"I thought you'd never ask!" Bethany said in exasperation. I frowned in confusion until Bethany removed her coat. I was faced with another thing I loved about Bethany. She had a great body!

"Oh wow!" I said, staring at the green camisole Bethany was wearing. She looked amazing!

"You like it?" Bethany asked with a sexy grin.

"Yes, but I like what's under it more!" I growled, pulling her into a kiss. She kissed me back and I lifted her into my arms.

"I guess it was worth the chance of getting in a car accident and having to explain to the hospital why I was wearing nothing but this under my coat!" she giggled as I carried her to my bedroom.

I placed Bethany on the bed and looked down at her. She lay there sexily and seeing my expression, said, "I'm all yours!"

"Reading my mind already?" I joked.

"Come here," she said, holding out her arms. I moved between her arms and kissed her deeply. This time the kiss lasted minutes, not seconds, and with each passing second the kiss grew more and more passionate until Bethany couldn't take it any longer! She broke our kiss only long enough to say, "I want to feel you inside of me!"

The camisole disappeared. So did my clothes. I lay on top of her within moments. I smiled when our eyes met. She smiled as well as she reached out and directed my cock to her pussy. It was already hot and steamy. Her pussy was ready and so was I. Bethany gasped as she took the entire length of my cock in.

"Oh Joe!" she cried. I leaned forward and kissed her. Bethany grabbed my ass and pulled me deep. It only took a handful of strokes before she locked up in orgasm. I was close, but not quite there yet. I waited until Bethany's orgasm subsided.

She rolled over and moved me onto my back. Bethany climbed between my legs and wrapped her breasts around my cock. Her eyes never left mine as she used her tits to stroke my cock.

"I want you to come on my tits and in my mouth!" Bethany said, surprising me. It was silly really. Bethany was great in bed, but she always acted so prim and proper outside of the bedroom that I forgot how wild she could be.

"Soon!" I gasped out. Bethany opened her mouth wide and let the tip of her tongue touch the head of my cock. That's all it took! I started cumming instantly! She sucked my cock in for the first few jets of cum, but then pulled away and directed the rest onto her breasts. Never once did her eyes break contact with mine, not even when I was done and she started rubbing my cum into her breasts.

"I'm too spent to move," I sighed. "Climb up here and let me return the favor." Bethany smiled and did just that. She placed her thighs on either side of my head and held onto the headboard for support. I drove my tongue up into her and Bethany groaned.

"I love your tongue! It's wicked!" she said. In answer I flicked it against her clit. "Oh yes!"

Bethany rode my face until she came and then tried to move away. I didn't let her. It wasn't long before she neared another orgasm.

"I'm cumming!" she cried. "Again!" I nibbled gently on her clit as she came. Bethany cried out and continued to orgasm for some time. My face was drenched by the time she was finally done!

I moved out from under her, but Bethany remained in the same position. Instead of making her move I got behind her and rubbed my cock between her legs. Bethany spread her legs a little wider, granting me better access to her pussy.

I pushed in with one stroke. Bethany groaned and fell against the headboard. She didn't look comfortable, so I moved down enough for her to lie on the bed. Her ass was high in the air. I grabbed hold of her hips and started fucking into her as hard as I could. It wasn't long before my balls were slapping her clit.

I looked over Bethany's shoulder and saw her lying with one check against the sheet. Her mouth was slightly open and her tongue kept darting out to wet her lips. Bethany had her eyes closed as she enjoyed what I was doing. I reached over and brushed her lips with one of my fingers. Her eyes snapped open and she sucked my finger into her mouth. I picked up the pace in response.

"I'm going to cum!" I finally cried.

"Yes!" she replied. I started cumming a moment later. Bethany joined me after a couple more strokes. We fell into each other's arms once we were both done.

"That was amazing!" Bethany sighed.

"We can rest a few minutes and go again?" I offered. Bethany shook her head.

"We're going to spend the rest of our lives together. Let's get some sleep and wait for tomorrow."

"Sounds good to me," I smiled. "Although, if we keep this up every night then you take the chance of becoming a widow! I'm not a young man."

"Don't even joke about that!" she snapped. "I have plans for us in ten or twenty years."

"Do they involve a lake house?" I asked, remember her earlier request.

"Yes," she said, smiling once more as she closed her eyes and started to drift off to sleep. "Tomorrow we'll have to talk about your diet and exercise habits." I looked at her and shook my head.

"Not even married yet and you're already trying to change me!" I teased.

"I'm not trying to change you," she yawned. "I just want you to live long enough for us to enjoy our retirement." Bethany cuddled into me and stopped talking. I was pretty sure she was already asleep.

I was exhausted myself. I took a deep breath, once again memorizing the scent of her. I felt my eyes grow heavy. I hugged Bethany one last time. It felt good to be sleeping next to the woman of my dreams! The best part was that this was only the first of many such nights. I smiled, closed my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

***

I awoke the next morning to the phone ringing.

"Who could be calling at this time of the day?" Bethany groaned, obviously wanting to stay asleep.

"I don't know," I shrugged, and then grinning added, "Normally only you call at this time."

"I've never called you this early in the morning!" Bethany joked back. "I only visit at this time of day." We both laughed.

"Are you going to answer it?" Bethany asked when I didn't reach for the phone.

"No," I replied with a grin.

"Grow up!" Bethany said with a roll of her eyes and reached for the phone. "Hello, who's this?" I watched as Bethany sat silently listening to whoever was talking on the other side of the line.

"You can't be serious!" she cried suddenly. There was another pause as she listened, and then she added, "Of course we'll be there!" She then hung up the phone and jumped out of bed.

"Let's go!" she cried. "We have to shower and be ready in half an hour!"

"What for!" I grumbled.

"No time to explain now!" Bethany replied. "I'll explain on the way!"

"But..." I began to say, but stopped when I realized that Bethany was already in the bathroom taking a shower. I grabbed my towel and went to the other bathroom. I wasn't sure what was going on, but I was pretty sure it wasn't anything bad. If it were, Bethany would have taken the time to explain.

***

"I leave this place for two weeks and it all goes to hell!" Brad cried angrily.

"Oh stop yelling!" Cherie said with a loud sigh. First her son calls and leaves a message that he won't be in town over the weekend and that he left his cell phone at home, and now they arrive at the office directly from the airport to find it empty. Okay, empty was a bit unfair, but there was no sign of their son, Joe, Judy or Bethany.

"And where is Sally?" Brad growled.

"I'm right here," Sally said with a forced smile as she made her way down the hall.

"Why aren't you at your desk?" Brad snapped.

"I was," Sally sighed. "There have been some changes since you left."

"So who's manning the phones?" he asked.

"Isn't a more important question, where is our son and the others?" Cherie interjected.

"A temp should be arriving in the next few minutes to handle the phones, and your son, Joe, Judy and Bethany will be in at around ten," Sally said, answering both questions. "And before you ask, I don't know where they are or why they're late." This seemed to calm Cherie, but Brad didn't seem any less agitated.

"Tell me what's been going on since I left!" he demanded.

"I think that should wait for Joe and your son to explain," Sally said. The promotions and changes were only part of the story. Helen had come to dinner on Sunday to meet her husband's brother. While she was there she explained about Gerty and what she found. Sally was a little miffed that Joe and Bethany hadn't bothered to tell her this on Friday, but they'd only met for an hour or so and they had a lot to go over.

"Why don't we go out to breakfast and return at ten?" Cherie asked in a tone that wasn't really a question.

"I want to wait here," Brad said stubbornly. Sally groaned to herself as she picture Brad grilling every employee that passed by the lobby.

"Brad, we caught a red eye at your insistence and I'm tired and hungry," Cherie said. "Sally says that Bradley is okay, and in that case we can certainly wait a couple of hours to see what's going on without frightening the employees." Brad looked ready to argue, but he sighed instead and nodded in agreement. They left for a nearby diner.

Of course, they were back precisely at ten. Bradley and the other didn't arrive for another twelve minutes. Sally was counting. During that time Helen took one look at Brad's face and smartly retreated to her office. Clark didn't even bother to take a look. Neither was willing to face Brad and Sally couldn't blame them.

JoeDreamer
JoeDreamer
6,329 Followers