Say a Prayer Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hmmmmm ... if his memory was correct, there should be a special festival soon. People would be writing their wishes down on paper and putting them on an ancient tree near a temple. Might as well see if he can do something about that before putting the city in chaos.

***

Marina Bord was the one who unlocked the door to Delma's temporary bedroom this morning. She was a tall yet delicate looking blonde with pale green eyes and a stern quality to her high cheekbones. Her clothing was fairly middle class looking, not exactly lavish but comfortable and pretty. She spoke to Delma in an assuming tone, practically ordering her to leave the bedroom and join her on a trip to Tuwill. Delma didn't see any hint of Kuno as she left the house. The air didn't smell bad at all. Maybe the stench of burning human had faded away?

She sat across from Miss Bord inside the rented carriage. It was a quiet ride without any conversation. The most interesting thing that happened was how Miss Bord occasionally poured coins into her palm and silently counted them.

Kuno had left Miss Bord quite a bit of money, apparently, because Delma was told to simply pick out anything she wanted from the shops and stalls. Anything. Delma didn't want much. She took a few used pieces of clothing from a cheap store, planning on adjusting them for her size. Then she chose a few empty bags to keep the clothes in. The judgmental stare of her shopping companion was intimidating. It was as if Miss Bord was embarrassed to be seen with her.

They wandered around a little bit longer in the city. It was very calm, and people in general were polite to her. When they stopped to eat at a cafe, the servers seemed particularly humble, almost afraid. Delma wasn't sure what to think. She didn't know any of these people.

Did they know Kuno?

Did they know what he looked like?

After the shopping trip, Delma was escorted out of the city, back into the house, and inside her bedroom. She was locked inside again.

She was a prisoner. She knew it. Why didn't she feel like it?

***

12