Scary is the New Sexy Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After a tiring week of midterms I found myself confidently walking out of my last class ready to take a well-deserved night lounging and catching up on my favorite shows. I mounted my bike with my heavy backpack and peddled home. When I arrived back at my place I parked my bike then walked inside dropping off my backpack and sweater in my room and collapsing on my bed. Only moments after flopping onto my bed Lily shot through my door dressed in some makeshift vampire costume.

"Lily?" I asked groggily.

"What has got you all excited... Why are you dressed like some second rate horror movie vampire?"

"Well I am so glad you asked my darling Muahaha!" She said pulling the dark cap over her face.

"It's only a week before the 31st so I am throwing a Halloween party tonight and I vant you to be here!"

"You're throwing a party and you're just telling me now!" I said baffled.

"Yeah so are you gonna come?" "Am I going come? I live here smart ass what do you think?"

"Well it sounds like somebody is a bit grumpy, you should be feeling excited and ready to party girl!"

"Okay, okay, just let me get a nap in first at least. I've had a long week of exams and I am exhausted right now."

"No problem Shay, I'll just be getting food, drinks, beer, and decorations ready. And before you say anything I'll be sure to get everything back to normal after everyone leaves. It will be starting at 10:00pm so be ready by then." I nodded with my face tucked into my pillow.

"Oh and you need to be dressed with something so put this on later when it starts." She threw over a plastic orange and black witch hat by the side of my bed that looked like it was picked up at the dollar store.

"Always thinking of ya!" She said as she left the room closing the door behind.

"Thanks." I said with a delayed and sarcastic response.

After a long and pleasant nap I woke up to see it was already dark. Checking the time I noticed it was now 8:00pm. Revitalized and in a much chipper mood I got myself up and grabbed my hat before stepping into the living room. Lily was putting up decorative lights as she greeted me. There were coolers full of sodas, beers, and a 'blood' vodka punch bowl.

"Everything looks pretty good actually." I said as Lily was finishing up the last touches.

Sylvie opened the back entrance through the kitchen after getting back from work.

"Hey Sylvie your back; ready for the party tonight girl!"

"I did not know we were having a party tonight."

"Well it starts at 10:00pm and I just finished getting everything ready. There's gonna be a lot of people here and it will be an awesome night!"

"I'm sure it will be a blast but I'm going out tonight."

"Are you sure, well we will be going until 2:00am so you're welcome to come by later if you want to."

"Sounds good to me, I'll catch the two of you when I get back whenever; and nice costume Ms. Draculady." I snickered looking at Lily wryly.

"Well I believe I worked hard on my costume."

"Well it's not exactly that authentic looking." Sylvie said as she backed up her things and headed out saying goodbye.

"Pssh, like she would know. Anyways people are gonna start arriving soon Shay so could you help me get out a few appetizers. They are all packed and ready to be put out."

We continued to display all of the festive tableware and snacks as the first few guests starting showing up at our front door.

By the time 1:00am arrived everyone was intoxicated and dancing the night away. The living room flickered with blue and green flashing lights, similar to those from downtown. From person to person there was a mix of clever, generic, and revealing Halloween costumes of strangers filling up our living room and kitchen. It became so crowded that I decided to take a breath of fresh air outside for a moment. As I walked outside I saw Lily leaning against the wall sipping at a drink as I strolled over to join her.

"Not going to participate in your own party Gatsby?"

"Nah I just needed some time outside, don't worry I'll be kicking out most of those freshman and sophomores soon before they get any dumb ideas to wreck up our place." She stared off into the woods behind the row of houses on our street.

The yellow moon shined down onto the rustling trees gracefully. It was quite relaxing compared to the chaotic party currently happening inside. I looked over at Lily as she stood there calmly looking up at the stars and the moon sipping at a cup of punch.

"I do love this time of year don't you Shay."

"I do, it's absolutely gorgeous." I crossed my arms in discomfort trying to think of what I know I wanted to ask.

"Um... Lily can I ask you a question?"

"Sure what's up?"

"I have this friend of mine who I meet recently from one of my classes and I recently have had a suspicion that they have a crush on my other friend Stacy."

"Does Stacy like him?"

"Well it's actually a 'her' that likes Stacy."

"I assume Stacy is straight?"

"That's the thing about the scenario, Stacy told me recently she thinks she might have some feelings for my friend and she doesn't know what to feel now."

"What do you mean doesn't know what to feel?"

"She isn't sure if she does or does not feel attracted to her and is starting to question if she is actually bisexual. I was hoping to get some of your input on this issue."

"Well I'm no relationship counselor but I would guess that yes, if she does have attraction to your friend then she might likely be bi. If she is then maybe she should consider going out or trying something with your friend as long as she is comfortable with trying."

"Okay, that makes sense to me I suppose."

"Yeah it's pretty hard to disqualify any attraction you have for someone no matter what your personal views are on your sexuality."

"I'll be sure to talk to her about it. Thanks for the advice."

"No problem. I know what she is feeling cause I went through the same process a while ago when I was younger. It can be confusing and frustrating but you eventually figure yourself out. I'm sure she can have high hopes if she decides to ask this girl out on a date."

I smiled subtly as if I was being given some hope by Lily herself that I could have a chance with her. But I could not muster up what to say at the time and decided to hold off.

Lily continued to fiddle with her cup as we made idle chat while the party settled down. We saw Sylvie pull up into our driveway. We greeted her as she walked over with a bag of groceries to the back door.

"We are gonna be kicking out the leftover kids soon so the house shouldn't be too noisy much longer. Have yourself a good night?" Lily asked.

"Yeah just hung with some friends and had a movie night."

"Cool, doing some late night shopping too I see."

"Yeah, just had to pick up some things before bed." She said before walking inside.

"So how long have you two known each other anyways?"

"We meet earlier in our sophomore year at this Red Cross event. I walked by the booth for the event and she seemed pretty sweet so I volunteered to come help her out later that week and we just sort of became good friends since."

"Alright, I was just curious since I haven't really had a chance to have any meaningful conversations with her yet. She always seems so busy."

"She has been busier this semester I've noticed, I think she just meet some new people to hang out with recently. It's not all that surprising considering I've met a number of new people too this semester plus all my credits keep me occupied."

"Ah is that so then, well I suppose I'll just have to get to know her more myself; maybe I'll take her out to dinner sometime. You know, just the two of us." Lily said with a smirk.

"You're hilarious, come on why don't we go inside and clean up our place. I'm getting tired."

I laid in bed until 2:00am after trying to fall asleep but kept thinking back to the conversation I had with Lily earlier outside. Should I just tell her how I really feel about her? I know she is single from our conversation that first night we went out. I'll have to find a time where we are together alone and in a quiet place that I could ask her. I got up to go grab a snack and some milk to help ease myself. As I prepared some leftovers I looked outside noticing Sylvie's car was gone. I didn't think anything of it since I know both Lily and Sylvie have gone out late before to pick up some fast food. I walked back into my room with my snack and sat on my bed eating as I stared out my window thinking about Lily. I couldn't help but imagine us in a relationship. I could see it potentially working out and us being a happy pair together. Feeling of joy came over me just fantasizing about all the wonderful times we could have together.

I almost chocked on my snack as I suddenly saw Lily walking through the tree line by the woods. Squinting, I looking through my closed blinds as she nonchalantly walked towards the house with a shopping bag in her hand. If you walked straight through the woods then you could get to the supermarket as a shortcut. Maybe she couldn't sleep either and had to go for a walk to the store. Maybe she couldn't sleep because she was thinking about me! I thought being overly optimistic. She silently walked in through the backdoor and headed downstairs to her room as the staircase creaked. In my bed I sat pondering to myself for a moment intensely. That's it; I'm going to do it! I'm going to tell Lily how I feel about her right now! If I refuse to do it now I don't know when I'll be able to muster up the courage to ask her again. I hastily put on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt before walking quietly towards the staircase. My heart beat quickly as I slowly walked down the basement steps. The only light shining was a faint glimmer coming from underneath her door from the room. I walked over feeling feverish standing hesitant in front of the entrance to her room. There was a shadow coming closer to the entrance of her room so I scurried away quickly to hide behind the water heater in the back corner of the basement. Come on Shaylee don't pansy out again; you can do this. Once she goes back into her room just wait for a moment to pass then knock on the door. You already know she's your close friend and is open-minded so just go for it already! I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to regain myself. My head peered around the water heater without making a sound to see Lily with her back to me as she was just humming while holding a drink by the stairwell. This was it, I could do it. Just wait for her to go back to her room then tell her how you really feel about her. I can do this! Little did I know that I was about to get a lot more than what I bargained for tonight.

Lily put her drink on top of the cooler and walked up the steps. I was puzzled noticing she was carefully examining the hallway at the top of the steps before leaving the basement and locking the door behind her as I heard the knob click. I looked over at the fridge at her drink and what I felt next was one of the most surreal feelings I have ever experienced. My eyes locked on what looked like a blood pouch sitting on top of the fridge half finished. Oh I get it it's probably just to go along with the Halloween theme of the party earlier. Though I do not remember seeing any of these pouch drinks in our kitchen tonight. My thoughts went from Lily's affection to this new mystery that was unfolding in front of me. I stood staring at it as my mind started to race. I looked at the entrance of the basement wondering when Lily would return. I rushed over to the bag to examine it. My eyes widened getting closer as I noticed it was a certified Red Cross pouch that she was drinking from and the texture looked just like blood. My mind raced trying to find a reasonable explanation for what this all meant. Sweat dripped off my shaking hands as I grabbed the pouch and examined it more. Was this what it looked like? I hesitantly took a sip and gagged as the copper-like taste of blood covered my taste buds. I spit out the liquid in disgust; my body clammy as I stammered in disbelief. The room felt dizzying and I lost all sense of fondness and excitement that existed mere moments ago.

This can't be real! My breathing became labored as I stepped back dropping the pouch in disbelief. What the fuck was going on! I quickly realized that Lily could be back at any moment so I made a rush for the top of the stairs. Right as I was about to grab the door handle I froze solid seeing it turn from the other side. Time felt as if it had slowed down to a halt as the door slowly swung open in front of me. Lily stood at the top of the stairs about to take her first step when she saw me standing there petrified. She stopped dead in her tracks, shocked to see me staring at her. There was a moment of silence as we both stood watching each other now. It was one of those life changing moments where your mind is in such a state that you could remember every slight detail of the experience. Everything went silent and dark as I realized the severity of the situation.

"S-Shaylee?" She said in disbelief.

I tried to get a word out feeling a rush of terror run over me.

"How long have you been down here?" She demanded sternly.

I could not reply. Her expression went from shocked to intimidation; I had never seen her so serious before. I felt like a deer caught in the headlights.

"I was sincerely liking you Shaylee, why did you have to come down here now of all nights?"

"I-I..." She took two steps down the stairs as I backed away fidgeting. She closed the door behind her locking it again.

"Lily..." My words pleaded.

Her eyes slowly turned into a deep red coloring as she glared down the stairwell at me. I gawked in disbelief as I could not begin to comprehend what was transpiring. They had turned a deep crimson as they pierced through the darkness, radiating into my soul as she gazed me down.

"I can't believe I was so reckless for not noticing you down here earlier. Now since you've brought me to this point, Shaylee, I need to ask you a question."

I continued backing away until I was at the bottom of the steps looking up at her. I grimaced as a pair of long fangs suddenly started to slowly elongate out front her top jaw. They shimmered among the shadows looking like a pair of small, sharpened knives.

"Have you ever seen a vampire?" I stopped momentarily looking at my friend who now claimed to be, a vampire!?

"This, this is too crazy, y-you can't be serious Lily!" Stammering for words I bumped against the wall at the bottom of the stairwell in awe from what I was seeing.

"This can't be real it's just not possible!"

"Oh but I am serious Shay, its fine if you don't believe me though since your outcome is still going to be the same." Lily gave a grim smile as she introduced this new predator persona.

"And since you accidentally uncovered my secret you know what that means Shay?" Her voice became sinister. "You're going to be my first fresh drink I've had in years."

You remember those moments when you were younger. When you'd be afraid of what monsters lurk in your closet or under your bed at night. That feeling when you'd be terrified to have to get up and go to the bathroom. The rush of adrenaline and fear that would overwhelm you just before you would jump out of your bed to rush down the hallway. That feeling of being so scared out of your wits that you almost became paralyzed at the thought of the unseen monster that was always behind you in the darkness that would grab if you ever dared to turn your head to look back. I thought I'd never experience that feeling again because those were something only a foolish child afraid of fake monsters could experience. But this moment was entirely real. I was actually being hunted now, and by my best friend. It was the same feeling I remember as a child, that dreadful feeling as your trying to flee from the darkness. Now it was amplified far greater. I had never known true fear until that moment where Lily exposed her true identity to me. That moment where my best friend revealed to me she was a vampire. How do you react to a claim that ridiculous? How do you react once she says that you just became her prey? Absolutely horrified that's how.

Lily's smile grew larger than normal as she silently stepped down the stairwell almost weightlessly. My eyes bulged as I began whimpering trying to find words as the one I cared for was now this creature of the night.

"N-n-no, Lily p-please..."

She was getting closer to me with no intentions of holding back. I couldn't think of what to do. My instincts suddenly kicked in telling me to run for my life. A few more whimpers escaped until I reached a crescendo, screaming louder than I ever had in my life. I ran towards her room and closed the door locking it.

"Oh shit, oh shit, oh fuck, fuck, fuck! Wha... I don't... I don't know what to do!"

I was hyperventilating and heating up trying to regain my composure. A sudden handle on the door job caused me to jump.

"Are you serious Shay? You didn't think I'd carry a key with me at all times to my own room?"

The handle began to unlock as I rushed over to press my body full force against the door. I pushed as hard as I could but too little avail as Lily knocked me back on the floor as the door swung open. Screaming again, I frantically tried to get up and search for another exit. Lily shut the door behind her switching off the lights and swamping of any visibility. All that was left was a moonlit beam shining from above the small window above Lily's bed as her shadowy figured inched towards me menacingly.

Noticing a stray broom sitting in the corner I grabbed it holding it tightly threatening her not to come any closer.

"Shaylee, why don't you just give up my darling?" Her voice was slightly off; so subtly that it was uncanny.

I felt a chill run down my spine looking at her smile while her eyes glowed through her silhouette. I huddled back against the closet door, swinging the end of the broom towards her.

"D-Don't get any closer! I'll... I'll..." I swung the broom once more as Lily grabbed the end, pulling it out of my hands with ease.

I stiffed like a concrete wall against the closet door as Lily was only inches away from me.

"Hmm, why don't we move ourselves somewhere more comfortable?" She grabbed my wrists and dragged me over to the bed throwing me onto it.

I yelped as I landed on the bed and bounced off the mattress, hitting the wall beside the bed. After regaining myself I curled up in fright and leaned up against the wall noticing her approaching. Lily stood next to the bed just observing me intently. Feeling trapped I covered my face and began to shudder.

"Nononoonononono this can't be real. I'm just having a lucid dream right now and I'll wake up soon."

Tears began to drip from my eyes pouring past my cheeks onto the sheets. I had never felt such fear in all of my life. Please Shaylee you have to wake up from this nightmare right now.

Faintly lifting my head, my eyes peered through the silent room expecting to see Lily, but no one was there. I let down my guard momentarily scanning the room as I started to believe I was actually just having a nightmare. As I was about to let out a breath of relief I turned my head. I froze upon seeing Lily sitting next to me on the bed stiffly with a wide grin and eyes as large as an owl's. Screaming, I shuffled back towards the headboard fumbling. The shock terrified me to the point where I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

"Sorry did I startle you sweetheart?"

"No get away from me!"

The headrest pressed against my head as I soon realized I was now cornered. Lily was crawling towards me like a lioness ever so slowly.