Scoundrel's Answer Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alan nodded and reached out to snag a mug from a passing barmaid. He raised it and stood, "Tonight then. Let's teach these bastards not to fuck with the Reavers."

"Hear hear!" Mugs were raised about the table, sloshing and clinking with their impact while the deadly elven woman looked on from above. A fond smile tugged at her lips as she watched Alan, then with a sigh she turned and slipped back into the safe darkness of her room.

"Well if it's going to be tonight, I best get some rest in beforehand, refresh myself from my journey. Have some lads tend to my armor so it's ready for tonight, yeah?" The dwarflord left his instructions with one of the servers, then began to waddle off toward his own room, the two maids who had been hanging at his side followed along. Faringalia was quick to excuse herself as well, leaving Alan and Vick at the table alone.

"Alan," the Count's words were hesitant, spoken once they were alone. "Did you have any strange dreams last night?"

The question took the old rogue aback. "Yeah, I guess you could say that."

"Was Miena in them?"

That made Alan's blood run cold. He nodded numbly.

A troubled, pained look crossed the Count's features, "You don't suppose she's this Black Star, do you?"

"Impossible, she was destroyed with her tower." But Alan didn't even believe his own words completely. "Besides, we had Garthur cast the bones after, and the Earth Father confirmed she wasn't alive anymore."

"It's a damn shame that 'not alive' still leaves so many options, isn't it?"

Alan frowned to his old friend, "Even if it were her, why would she hurt us? We were all old friends."

"I just hope you're right, Alan, I just hope you're right."

"So do I." With that said, the old rogue rose one more, "I'm going to catch some more sleep."

"Go ahead. I'll make sure we're all up after sundown."

With a last nod, Alan returned to his room. He had a lot to think about.

12