Sealed Like Envelopes Ch. 02

Story Info
Adele sees something unexpected at the party.
2.9k words
4.37
11k
00

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 04/18/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hearing the bell ring, Adele teetered precariously on her heels to the front door. She had barely touched the handle when the door swung open, expelling an exuberant Laura. Laura and Adele had been friends since the second grade, when they shared a locker in Mrs. Kern's class. They were closer than most sisters, though they looked nothing alike. While Adele was tallish with long, brown hair, Laura was petite with short, wild blonde hair and the personality to match.

"So, do you like?" asked Laura, twirling in place to show off the coconut bra and matching grass skirt. "These things make my boobs look huge! Good for me, huh?"

Adele silently laughed at the picture her friend made. Clearly not Hawaiian, Laura looked like a lost troll doll. Though the outfit was certainly attractive and flattering, it looked incongruous on Laura's pale, freckled skin. "Sure. It looks great. What do you think about mine?" Adele spun just as Laura had, but with more grace. Ten years of ballet had trained her perfectly.

"You look nice. Not spicy sexy like me, of course. But you look great. Really great," said Laura. "Where did you find all those clothes? When I was here all you had was the skirt."

Adele looked down at her ensemble. She had added a tight, black tank top, wide-brimmed hat, huge sunglasses, and to top it off, a giant fake pearl and diamond necklace. "I raided my mom's closet. She's not here so I don't think she'll care. The sunglasses are my favorite part. I'm not taking them off all evening. Besides, I'm not Holly Golightly without them."

"Sure, whatever, but I still don't know why you chose "Breakfast at Tiffany's" for your costume. But let's get rolling. It's a bit of a drive up to Kara's cabin. I can't believe that her parents are letting us use it tonight. It's huge—like 10 bedrooms—and totally furnished."

"I don't think that counts as a cabin," giggled Adele. "And besides, I doubt that Kara told her parents. They think she's never had a boyfriend and she's been with Kyle for, gosh, three years."

"Really? I had no idea. Sounds like you, though. You never told anyone about Travis. But everyone knows now, of course."

"Laura! You promised you wouldn't tell!" Adele swatted Laura with her purse and sunk into her seat, pretending to sulk, before breaking into uncontrollable laughter. "My life is like a bad reality TV show."

#

The cabin was absolutely full. Luckily there were no neighbors around because cars were piled in the driveway and down the road, not to mention the loud music booming from within. "Here's proof that you have friends," said Laura. "I'll bet you three shots of Skye that you know ninety percent of the people inside."

"Sure, you're on. But the booze is free, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I just want to see you get smashed. You're so much fun when drunk. Remember that time you started dancing on the tables at prom? That was awesome."

"No it wasn't. I got thrown out before the last slow dance. And besides, that was my first time to drink. I didn't know how much gin would affect me."

"Gin? Eww, that stuff is so gross. We'll find something much better for you here. Let's hit the bar first."

The two girls entered the house and were immediately greeted by their closest friends. Adele saw Travis on the other side of the living room dressed as The Joker, but avoided him by going over to talk with Kara and Kyle. She didn't need to deal with Travis right now. Maybe later, after she had some liquid confidence in her. Making her way over to the bar, she made herself a cocktail out of the assorted bottles sitting on the counter. It's funny to party at home, she thought to herself. Really, Adele had stayed home more often than not while in high school. Occasionally Laura or Travis would convince her to do something, but Adele was always too shy. What if something happened and she embarrassed herself while drunk? But after the debacle at prom, she had decided to let herself loose, and her last semester at college had been a blast.

#

Her mind wandered back to the fun she'd had at the "camp counselor" themed party she had come across one evening. She had found a guy there. He said his name was Jake, but she had called him Travis all night long—they looked too similar! And he hadn't cared. They had started on the dance floor, grinding to the sounds of hip hop and techno beating through nearby speakers. With a slurred, "wanna come up to my room?" Adele had found herself guided up the stairs to Jake's bedroom. There was no foreplay. They both quickly and clumsily removed all of their clothes, collapsing on Jake's bed and touching each other all over. Travis had his knee between Adele's legs and she was humping against him in anticipation as he sucked and massaged her breasts.

She pulled his head up to hers and looked him in the eye, conveying all of her desire with an intense, lustful stare. Jake re-aligned his body and positioned himself to enter. Adele put her hands on his hips and pulled. He got the message. His cock entered her slowly and her mouth opened in amazement at the sensation. This was only her second session of sex and Jake felt even bigger than Travis had. She moaned and moved against Jake, attempting to increase the sensation. He responded, gradually speeding his thrusting until they were shaking the bed, knocking against the wall. Adele knew they were making too much noise, but she didn't care. She wished everyone could feel the way she did right in that moment.

#

Snapping back into the present, Adele realized that she had been standing at the bar for far too long, and it was obvious what she had been thinking. She could feel the flush in her face; her hand was pressed deeply into her chest, as if willing her heart to slow. And Travis was approaching her. A wave of guilt flashed through her and she attempted to compose herself.

"Hey, are you okay? You look really flushed. How much have you had to drink? Do you want to go outside and get some fresh air?" Travis looked down at Adele with concern in his eyes.

I hate the way he does that, she thought. Even when I'm mad at him or thinking about someone else, he pulls at my heartstrings. She shook her head to clear her thoughts and focus on the present and then looked up at Travis. "Actually, I think I will go outside. It's getting a bit warm in here." And I think this drink is making me think strange things, she added privately. Besides, what a strange time to remember Jake. It's not like I've seen him since. It was just one, strange night. And we were both too drunk to be accountable. Justifying her actions to herself, Adele allowed Travis to lead her out onto the porch.

"I'm glad you came. I thought you would want to stay inside and mingle," started Travis. "But there's something I want to talk about with you." He looked around, trying to see if anyone else was in hearing distance. "But I don't think that here is a good place."

"I think it's as good as any, but whatever you say."

"Its kind of personal, and I don't want everybody to hear," explained Travis. "Want to get breakfast at the diner with me tomorrow? I know how much you love their French toast. And I'll even buy you a strawberry milkshake. What's more, I want to see you again before you take off for school next week. What do you say?"

"I say that you are amazingly convincing. You should go into advertising." She giggled and smiled up at him. Adele knew the feeling coursing through her veins: vodka euphoria. At this point she would agree with anyone, with anything. Travis seemed to sense this and took his leave of her, almost innately knowing that any encouragement on his part would get her in his bed. He, however, didn't want to take advantage of her state and left.

#

Hours later, Adele began to get tired from dancing. She had reunited and chatted with the majority of the partygoers and was exhausted. Her drunken state had receded and she was aware of her sore feet and tiredness. It was time to go home. Laura was her sober driver, so Adele only needed to alert Laura and get their coats and they could take off. She made her way upstairs to the bedroom where she had left her coat earlier. She couldn't remember which room she had put it in and so she worked her way down the hall, opening doors and peeking in.

When she opened the last door on the left, she knew she had hit the jackpot. She recognized the Tiffany lamp by the door. Unfortunately, two shadows seemed to be messing around on the bed. Luckily I left my coat on the chair, thought Adele. I don't need bodily fluids on it. Or at least not the bodily fluids of strangers.

The room was dark and the other occupants hadn't noticed her entrance (probably too drunk to notice, thought Adele) and so she inched along the wall towards the chair. She had just reached her coat when the girl spoke, moaning something about "feels good, keep going."

In shock, Adele found she recognized the voice. It was Mary, the school slut. It was said that Mary had serviced most of the school: guys and girls, and possibly even some of the teachers. Adele had never associated with Mary and always wondered how she got invited to these types of parties. She knew Kara was no friend of Mary's, but she supposed that people like Mary were expected at parties...

Adele's train of thought ran off the tracks when she heard the second voice. It was deeper, huskier than she was used to, but she knew who it was. Her inkling was confirmed when she heard Mary moan, "Oh god, Travis, that feels so good."

Not caring if she made any noise, Adele ran out of the room in a rage. Her eyes immediately filled with tears and she stumbled down the stairs to find Laura. She had to get out of the cabin.

#

The next morning the phone rang, waking Adele from the string of nightmares that had plagued her all night long. She rolled over and lifted the phone from the cradle. "Hello?"

"Hey sleepyhead, where are you? It's after ten, and I thought we were meeting for breakfast. Did you forget?"

Oh shit. It was Travis. Naively, Adele had assumed that she would never have to hear from him again. Apparently not. "Leave me alone. I don't want to talk to you right now. In fact, I don't want to talk to you ever again."

"What's wrong? You seemed to be doing great last night. I mean, you probably did have you too much to drink...are you hung-over? Is that it?" Concern flooded Travis' voice.

"Oh shut up. I saw, okay. I saw and it made me sick. Now whenever I think of you I'll have to think of her too. And that makes me sick."

"Now wait a minute..."

"I thought sex was supposed to be special!" interjected Adele. "I thought it was supposed to mean something. But I see you'll do it with anybody. And it was probably the same with me, huh? I didn't mean anything to you. Thanks for nothing!"

"Look, we need to talk. I should've done this last night but I was trying to be polite. I'm coming to get you." Travis hung up and Adele stared blankly at her phone. This sucks, she thought.

#

Travis had picked up Adele and driven to the diner in silence. It wasn't until they had placed their orders that he spoke to her.

"Mary and I have been dating."

"Very funny. She sleeps around, dresses slutty, and swears like a sailor. She doesn't even really have friends. So how can you say that you're dating? I mean, do you even have anything in common outside of sex?"

"Yeah, she's smart and kind, and well, she was available after you left so we started going out to lunch and doing class projects together. We've been together for almost a month now. Before no one ever took a chance with her; I'll bet you couldn't even tell me what her last name is. She was alienated all through school, but we're at State together now and made friends."

Adele was still staring blankly across the table at Travis when their orders arrived. At first she didn't believe him, and then she couldn't understand. Finally came relief. If he was sleeping with someone else, having a relationship with someone else, so could she. She was no longer guilty for sleeping with Jake. Still, she continued pushing her French toast around her plate, avoiding eye contact with Travis.

"Okay. You're seeing someone. That makes more sense. I just thought that it was a one time thing... which I would have to be okay with, I guess, and...."

Travis knew what she was thinking and interrupted: "There was someone else, wasn't there? You met some other guy and lied about it. Why couldn't you just tell me?"

"Because I was embarrassed."

"So it was a one-night stand, huh?" He knew her better than she gave him credit for.

"If you know the story so well, why don't you tell it, hmm? I met him at a party. We were both really drunk. I slept with him, never saw him again, okay? Is that what you wanted to hear?"

"What was his name?"

"Jake."

"Last name?"

"I don't know. We didn't bother with that stuff. We both knew it was a one-time deal. It happened it was over, that was it. And, just because you want me to say it: I'm a slut. I slept with some guy I didn't even know. But, strangely, I don't feel that guilty. Want to know why? Guys can do it whenever they want to and so can I."

"What did he look like?" Travis' voice became cold and calculating. He was angry and every bone and expression in his body displayed his anger.

Adele mumbled something and cut her food into even smaller pieces. She just couldn't say it.

"What did you just say?"

She lifted her head and stared straight into his eyes. "I said he looked just like you. In fact, I called him Travis all night long. Any more questions?"

Travis answered with a blank stare.

"That's what I thought. I think it's time for me to leave." She picked up her purse and threw fifty cents onto the table. "I don't think this 'friends' thing is going to work out for us. We can't talk without arguing." She stalked out of the restaurant and began the walk to Laura's house. Not knowing whether she was more angry or sad she stared vacantly ahead of her, willing her feet to bring her to Laura's house faster. Knocking on the door, tears began spilling from her eyes. I guess I'm more sad; she though to herself as the door swung open.

#

Travis knew where Adele had gone but wasn't sure if he should follow. He sat in the diner impatiently reading the menu over and over, unsure of what to do. However, his resolve kicked in and he knew he had to talk to her. Travis slid out of the booth, paid the waitress and made his way out to his car. Laura's. I'll talk to her at Laura's.

#

"I don't think this is a good time for you two to talk. She's pretty upset with you." Laura stood in the doorway attempting to block Travis from entering the house.

"I don't care. We need to talk. The sooner the better. Explaining needs to be done on both sides. If she won't talk to me now she never will. And things were beginning to get better."

Laura reluctantly nodded and moved away, allowing Travis inside. "She's in the backyard. Be nice."

Travis walked through the house and looked out the window to see Adele curled in the hammock. She always did love that thing, he whispered quietly. He walked outside, bracing himself from the onslaught of emotion he knew she would throw at him.

#

It seemed like hours later that Travis left. Laura walked outside to check on her friend. She had waited tensely upstairs during the whole of their conversation. Travis was right, they had needed to talk out their problems, and Laura's involvement wouldn't have helped anyone.

Adele looked up, "Don't worry, we're fine. I think we both hurt each other and ourselves more than we'd care to think. But we're okay. Everything's okay. In fact, tomorrow we're going to try breakfast again. I didn't really get to eat much this morning, and you know how much I love my French toast."

Adele smiled but Laura could see traces of sadness in her face: her eyes were still red from crying and traces of tears could be found on her cheeks. I hope you're right, thought Laura. I hope for you and me and everyone else that you are right.