Searching for Sheila Ch. 02

Story Info
Love or Duty.
5.2k words
4.23
49.7k
13

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/26/2022
Created 02/06/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
beware
beware
157 Followers

The response to the beginning of my "Sheila" series was encouraging. However, most who left comments thought chapter 1 was too brief (which, to my mind, is a more favorable opinion than finding it was too long). In any case, the point is well taken. So for this segment, at one reader's suggestion, I have combined material from what was to appear in two chapters of my original plan into what I hope is a more acceptable length. (See there? Writers do occasionally listen to their commentators.)

To those readers who took exception to the reaction of my protagonist in seeing his wife degraded before his eyes, I can only say his arousal is in keeping with the ambiguous feelings I have given him at this point in the story. My hope is that I'll be able to make Tobe Lanscott more interesting and complex than just another angry avenger or another mere wimp.

"Sheila" is my attempt at a "hard-boiled" crime story, the kind that used to appear in pulp magazines (with an erotic slant, of course). In keeping with that style of writing, I've tried to move the story along largely through dialogue and action, and have accordingly minimized interjections, explanations and background.

In addition to the main plot idea -- a man tracking down his runaway wife -- I'm introducing several subplots in this installment and the next, all of which will be resolved in the last chapter. I'm a slow writer, so I hope "Searching for Sheila" will be of sufficient interest to earn your patience. Unlike my "Mrs. Sutton" series under the "mature" category, in which I intended each installment to be self-contained, in "Sheila" my intention is to present one continuous narrative.

I've been carrying this story around in my head for weeks, so I know where I'm going (I think). Anyway, I've found all comments, of whatever persuasion, to be helpful. Thanks for listening.

Beware

*

Three days later Lanscott was headed north to Piedmont, hardly hearing the rattles of his eight year old panel truck. To keep his mind from thoughts of Sheila, he went over the two jobs he had just completed - kitchen cabinets for the Suttons, and new paneling downstairs for the Cochrans. Both were routine jobs, but finishing them up occupied him the last couple of days, keeping his mind off where he was going and what he thought he had to do. And, yes, off those images of Sheila being ravished by Pharaoh and his men -- and seeming to enjoy it. He couldn't bring himself as yet to dwell on what he had felt while watching those images - that incongruous combination of anger, humiliation and undeniable arousal.

Approaching Piedmont, Tobe noticed changes in the landscape. Passing through flat farmland he entered an area of evident economic depression. He glanced at a drive-in that hadn't shown a movie in years. The front gates to a cavernous empty factory were padlocked. A strip mall was largely boarded up with grass growing in the parking lot. The large windows of a car dealership were smashed and its expansive lot empty. The road to Piedmont was bordered with busted dreams. And maybe that's what I'm bringing here, Tobe reflected -- a busted dream.

A mile or so from Piedmont's corporate limits, Tobe pulled into a motel which looked as though it might have been built about the time Nixon was resigning. It looked like another dream about to go bust. The man behind the counter seemed surprised he had a customer. He was pale and thin with cheeks sunken from missing teeth. His breath came at Tobe in equal amounts of alcohol, tobacco and a stale life.

" Where you from, buddy, if you don't mind me asking? "

" Ravensfield. "

" No kiddin'. And you're stopping here? You got friends around here? "

" Don't know a soul. But I heard if a man wanted to get laid he could do worse than come to Piedmont. "

The man grinned, revealing about as much space as teeth.

" Buddy, you got that right. Maybe I could help you out along those lines. What's your pleasure, if you don't mind me askin'? "

" Anything, as long as it involves a woman. " Tobe gave the man a broad wink. "My wife left me about a year ago, and I'm so dumb, I've been faithful to her ever since. "

" That's not only dumb, buddy, but downright unhealthy, if you don't mind me saying. A man's gotta get his horns trimmed regular, if you know what I mean. "

Tobe signed the coffee-stained ledger and put some money on the counter, saying, " You said you could be helpful. "

" Sure, buddy. But it'll cost you more than that. I get a hunerd up front myself. For my services, you understand. "

" No problem, " Tobe said and laid out more bills. The man looked down and then up at Tobe as if he hadn't seen that much money in one pile before.

" Hell, buddy. For that I can get you a real high class whore. "

Tobe wondered what passed for "high class" in Piedmont, and said, " That's what I'm looking for. "

" I'll give you the room at the far end. What time would you like company to drop by? "

" Say, about nine. "

" Nine it is, buddy. "

Tobe gathered up the bills, leaving enough for the room and the service fee.

" Hey, buddy. Where you goin' with that? I'll pay her. You can trust me. "

" I'm sure I can. But tonight I'll have the pleasure of paying the lady myself. "

The room wasn't exactly flea-bag material, but it was working on it. The air smelled as stale as the manager's breath. The single window wouldn't open and the air conditioner was about to end its feeble life. The bathroom looked as if it had been cleaned a week ago and the sheets replaced about the same time. Tobe pulled a bottle of whiskey from his back pack, poured a couple of fingers into a plastic cup and sat on the edge of the bed. He took a sip and once again considered what he was doing.

If this Pharaoh was into prostitution, as Redding had told him, the way to get information was possibly through one of his women, Tobe figured. It was likely that the woman being procured by the motel manager would have direct ties to Pharaoh's mob. But even if she didn't, Piedmont wasn't all that big,and the women who practiced the "oldest profession" here probably knew each other and would have some knowledge of Pharaoh's operations. That's the game plan anyway, Tobe thought.

Then a disturbing thought hit him. Suppose the woman coming here tonight turned out to be Sheila herself? Was he ready to face her now? Would he be able to control the anger and pain he had been feeling the last few days? Remembering Sheila on the screen being degraded by those men and now the thought of her possibly being involved in nightly prostitution compounded Tobe's despair. What kind of woman had she become? Did he truly want to find her and urge her to come back to him? Tobe took a swallow which emptied the cup. The liquor soothed something way down inside and suppressed both the hope and the hopelessness of his mission. He poured another drink.

Tobe found a mom-and-pop home- cooking restaurant down the road. He hardly tasted the food, but the noise of the place helped him relax. I'll have another drink when I get back to the room, he thought. He was back in plenty of time and took the drink he had promised himself. He stretched out on the bed and was surprised he was brought out of a hazy doze by a light tapping.

Tobe got up and opened the door to early evening dimness. He couldn't make out the woman's features in the motel's weak outdoor lighting, but he knew, with some relief, that she was not Sheila. He heard her say, " Well, you don't look like an ax murderer, honey. "

Tobe smiled and said, " I haven't used an ax on anybody in years."

" A girl can't be too careful, you know. " She was serious, Tobe realized.

" You'll be safe with me, " he said. " All I have tonight with me is a strong urge to fuck you, to put it bluntly. ".

" Say, I like the direct approach, " she said lightly. " I think we'll get along. "

She turned and signaled to a car across the lot. It went slowly away, driven by a dark shadow. Was the driver one of Pharaoh's mob, or even Pharaoh himself?

" Well, aren't you even going to ask me in? "

" Was that your bodyguard out there? "

" Forget about him. It's just you and me now, baby. "

She was about thirty-five, Tobe judged, a couple years younger than himself. She wore a fur coat even though it was warm outside. Clear glass earrings, not quite glittering in the dull light of the room, almost reached her shoulders. She had an abundance of dark hair which had recently had professional attention. Her eyes had too much make-up in an effort to make them look larger. Her nose was a trifle too prominent for her high cheek bones and her mouth was not generous. But her figure was good and her legs exquisite. Tobe thought she would turn heads whenever she walked into a room. She undoubtedly was what passed for "class" in Piedmont, Tobe decided.

" Aren't you going to help a girl with her coat? You're forgetting your manners, " she said playfully.

" Excuse me, " Tobe stammered. " But I wasn't expecting someone so attractive. " And he meant it.

" Baby, you know just what to say. I have the feeling this is going to be a lovely evening. "

He took the fur from her shoulders and draped it over the back of the chair. Her dress was simple and black and low cut, showing off her large, well-proportioned breasts , which prompted Tobe to recall Sheila's. Was this the handiwork of the same surgeon? The hem of her dress barely met the tops of her stockings held up by a garter belt. Again Tobe was reminded of Sheila's black corset and garter belt in the film. He felt his excitement rise. She struck a pose and said, "Leonard said you wanted class. Is this classy enough for you, baby? "

Tobe felt that old warm churning inside that he hadn't felt in well over a year. For an answer he went to her and roughly embraced her, putting his open mouth hard on hers. He tasted her open mouth and felt her body melt into his. He held her for a long time.

" I can see you're not interested in preliminaries, and, my, you are pleased to see me, " she said placing her hand over his growing hardness. " How long has it been for you, baby? "

" Forever. "

" Well, we'll have to make this a very special evening then, won't we? You can call me Angel What shall I call you? "

"Tobe."

"Tobe?"

"My real name's Elwood, but my parents nicknamed me Toby, thank God. It sorta got shortened to Tobe."

"Well, let's get comfortable, Tobe."

She helped him undress, letting her hands roam over his body and caress his cock with long, slow strokes. Tobe brought her to his nakedness and lost himself in her neck and hair. Angel pressed her thigh against Tobe's hardness, her hands sliding down his back and then grabbing his ass. Tobe almost forgot what he wanted from this woman -- information which would lead him to Sheila. He quickly put that thought away, far away, and pulled Angel's dress over her head. "Let's get you out of this," he said.

He pulled down the lacy cups of her bra and fondled her large, firm tits. Angel drew her arms behind her and unfastened her bra, letting it drift to the floor. With her tits fully exposed, Tobe locked his mouth on one nipple, swirling his tongue around the sensitive tip.

"Oh, Tobe. You're so gentle with me. I like that," Angel said. But after a few moments she said, "You can use your teeth, Tobe, just a little."

Tobe obeyed, taking her tender nipple between his teeth, teasing it with a slight pressure. He did the same with the other. With her free hand Angel kept up a slow, but incessant stroke on Tobe's solid cock, brushing its head against the entrance to her pussy.

Tobe soon went to his knees and pulled her cunt to his mouth. Angel wore no panties and her cunt was shaved. With two fingers she spread her pussy lips apart. Tobe brushed her hand away and brought his tongue to her pink flesh.

"Yes, Tobe. You know what I want. Make me wet."

Her voice urged him on. He grabbed her ass cheeks, forcing her cunt into his face, working his tongue and lips in and over its warm, smooth surface, making it slick with her pussy juices. Tobe's fingers worked into the crevice of her ass and sought her ass hole, at first rubbing it gently, then entering its tender darkness. Angel cried "Oh!" and set her hips in motion as if she were being fucked standing up. Tobe felt her unsteadiness in her high heels, but he held her in place, tonguing and sucking her cunt. Then he got to his feet.

"No," Angel pleaded. "Do me more like that. I was almost there."

Tobe felt himself going a little crazy. It had been so long since he had had a woman, and this woman, this Angel, had a warmth about her which made his brief time with her more than just a casual fuck. Tobe eased Angel onto the bed, and she lay there before him, her hair now wild about her shoulders, her hips contorting to a rhythm only she heard, her large tits now reddish from his sucking, wearing garter belt and dark stockings and black stiletto high heels. An image of Sheila in her similar outfit flashed before him. He got on his knees and pushed Angel's legs apart, then fell forward on his hands. He felt Angel bring her cunt up underneath him to capture his cock. He felt her hand bring his cock to her wet pussy and draw it into its warm recesses. Then he was completely gone.

He met every lift of Angel's pussy with hard downward thrusts, forcing his cock deep inside her. She took his ear lobe between her teeth and then took deep bites into his shoulder which he hardly felt. He closed his eyes, rocking harder and faster. Their fucking seemed to go on and on. He was pleasantly surprised he was lasting so long since it had been well over a year since he had fucked Sheila.

Angel breathed "Oh, God!" and shuddered under him , bringing her hips up from the mattress and tightening her legs around his. Tobe felt himself responding; he could hold his climax no longer. He stiffened his arms and threw his head back. He seemed to thrust his cock even deeper into Angel. Then his whole body shook with three long, hot, wet explosions. In a voice which seemed to come from another dimension, he called Angel's name, and not Sheila's.

A little later Angel said,"I knew you would be just right for me, Tobe."

"Is that what you say to all your customers?"

A cloud passed over her face. "I ought to slap your face for that remark. Your bedroom manners need work."

"You're right, Angel. Go ahead and slap me. That was completely out of line."

"I forgive you. I'd rather kiss you," Angel said as she positioned herself on him and darted her tongue into his mouth. Tobe kissed her for a long time, letting the warmth of her body blend with his inner euphoria.

"How long are you going to be here, Tobe? I'd like to see you again, and not in my -shall we say? - professional capacity."

Tobe took a deep breath and said, "You may not want to see me again when you hear what I have to say. I've got to be up front with you, Angel. I'm not just a guy passing through. I came here to -"

"You're looking for your wife, aren't you?"

"How did you know?"

"A good guess. You mentioned to Leonard that your wife had left you. I think she's probably a fool. But I envy her. I wish someone loved me so much he'd come here looking for me and take me out of this town."

Tobe let that pass, and said, "I was hoping you could help me, Angel."

"Help you how?"

"With some information you might have."

"I see. Besides using me for sex, you want to use me for information. I'm not sure I like that."

Tobe felt Angel's body tense. "Maybe I've gone about this the wrong way. If I've offended you, Angel, I apologize. Will you at least listen to me?"

"I'm not sure I want to. Let me think."

Angel gathered her clothing, dressed with her back to him and then reached for her fur. She came back to the bed and held out her coat. "Here. Be a gentleman."

After Tobe had performed his duty, Angel said, "I've never had a naked man help me on with my coat. I think I like it. I think I like you. So I'll listen to what you have to say."

"Thank you, Angel. You mind if I put my pants on? I'm starting to feel a little embarrassed."

"Not on my account, I hope," she smiled.

Tobe stepped back into his jeans and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Three days ago a cop down in Ravensfield showed me a video of my wife Sheila, being -- that is - getting it on with several men. He told me that one of them operates up here in Piedmont. His name is Teal Maggard, but he goes under the name of 'Pharaoh'."

Angel sucked in her breath and let herself down on the only chair.

"So that's it. Your wife has become one of his women, one of his princesses. Tobe, Pharaoh is bad news. You'll only get hurt going up against him."

Tobe shook his head. "But that's not why I'm here."

"Doesn't matter. You're here to take away one of his women, even if she is your wife. He won't stand for that. You'll be lucky if you only take a beating. He'll think nothing of doing away with you and dumping your body out of town. And he'll get away with it. He's connected in this town. Believe me, Tobe. I know what I'm talking about. I used to be one of those princesses -- the blond hair, the big boobs, all of it. I never made a video, thank God. Pharaoh thought my butt wasn't big enough."

"But you got out."

"Not all the way, as you can see. Besides, I've got protection now, the kind of protection Pharaoh respects."

"The guy in the car."

"He's none of your business. And keep it that way. He's a good man. If you cross him, you'll have trouble coming at you from both sides."

Tobe went to the back pack and came back with a photo of Sheila and him down at Barrow Lake the last summer they were together.

"Do you know her?"

Angel took a hard look. She shook her head.

"Take a good look," Tobe urged. "Of course she's blond now, wearing a lot of makeup."

"You both look very happy. But I'm sorry, Tobe. I've never seen your wife. My friend got me free of Pharaoh's paws more than a year ago."

"Your friend sounds like he's got his own connections."

"He does."

"I'd like to meet him."

"That would be up to him."

"What if you encouraged him to see me?"

"I wouldn't. I don't want him involved with you at all. You're dangerous, to yourself and maybe to your wife. Get out of town, Tobe. I've changed my mind. I don't want to see you again. And now there's a little matter of money for my services."

Tobe took out the wad of cash from his jeans. He had pulled out a good part of his savings. He had thought he would need it. When Angel counted the bills, she stood up and said, "This is a hell of a lot of money. Are you feeling sorry for me, Tobe? I don't need anyone feeling sorry for me."

"I'm still after information. For chrissakes, Angel, give me something to go on."

She looked away and was silent for a time. "All right. Pharaoh used to do some filming and hold his parties for his political friends in an old closed factory that he bought and had renovated on the inside. It's out on the old highway. I heard he hasn't used it much lately. If you could get in there, you might find a clue as to where he's keeping his women. I'm not doing you any favors by telling you this. You'll probably just get yourself killed. And if I hear about it, I won't feel one twinge of guilt I won't be one little bit sorry. You understand?"

"Thank you, Angel."

As Tobe opened the door, she turned and placed her hand on his cheek and brought his face to hers. He wanted the kiss to go on, but before he could get his arms about her, Angel broke free and said, "I lied when I said I wouldn't be sorry. I wish you were here for me, Tobe."

She turned and started for the black car which was parked where it had been earlier.

"One more thing, Angel," Tobe called softly.

She stopped and turned.

beware
beware
157 Followers
12