Second Chance

Story Info
What happens when to lovers meet years later?
2.4k words
3.84
25.9k
2
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I would like to thank Blacksnake for the story idea. This is his story and would not have been written if not for him.

August 1991

Carman opened her eyes and stretched. The morning sun that beamed through the Levelor blinds bathed the room in a warm glow. She blinked against the light then swung her feet onto the floor and stood. Turning back to the bed, she looked at Rob as she still slept soundly and smiled to herself.

Walking toward the bathroom, Carman dropped her negligee on the hamper in the corner of the bathroom and leaned in to turn on the shower. She flinched as the cold water struck the milky, white skin of her arm. Reaching back, she twisted the shower knob and waited a moment. The water warmed quickly and she stepped into the stream. The water engulfed her long brown hair as she rubbedPaul Michell shampoo into it. The suds dripped and glistened on her white shoulders before she plunged her head back into the shower stream.

"You need help with that?" Carman heard from behind her. She turned and smiled as Rob stepped into the shower with her. His hands rubbed soap over her sides and breasts. Her nipples perked at the feel of his soft brown hands. She reached down, took his cock in her hand, and soaped it with a stroking motion.

"Last night wasn't the best. You fell asleep on my, darling."

"Yes. I told you I was tired. Working late and all," Rob told her with a frown. He put his arms around Carman and their lips met under the shower stream.

"You aren't tired this morning," Carman said with the grin. She still held his cock and could feel it growing. Their lips parted and she slid slowly to her knees, kissing his dark chest, his belly and finally taking his black cock in her mouth. Rob's hips moved back and forth forcing his cock deep into Carman's throat then out and back in deeper with each stroke.

Rob grabbed Carman by the shoulders, pulled her up, and pushed her hard against the fiberglass shower. She lifted her right leg and wrapped it around his hip as his cock slide deep inside her. "Oh God. Yes," she cried as her pussy swallowed Rob's hard, black cock. "Fuck me. Fuck me hard." Rob's cock pounded ever deeper and harder into Carman's willing pussy until with a gasp and a scream of ecstasy Carman's pussy exploded in an eruption of juices and trembling waves of orgasmic contractions.

Again, Carman sunk to her knees and took Rob's cock in her mouth just in time to take his load of hot cum deep in her throat. With a final lick, she stood and kissed him long, and deep. Then she back away, reached for a towel, and stepped from the shower.

Later that morning Carman called Rob at his office in the Bancorp Tower, overlooking the Willamette and downtown Portland. "Hi, Rob."

"Hey, Baby."

"Oh Rob. I have a great idea for tonight."

"No sorry. Not tonight, baby. I gotta work late again. The Shaper deal is just coming together."

"But, Rob. It seems like you're putting in a lot of late nights. What's going on with you?"

"Just work, Baby. We'll talk about it when I get home. OK?" Rob hung up the phone and turned to Marline Shaper sitting across the desk from him.

"Well. That was easy, Rob. Now where are we going tonight? My place again?" Marline said with a smile. Rob took Marline's hand and together they walked out of the office and down the hallway to the elevator.

Carman watched from the ground floor coffee shop as Rob and Marline crossed 2nd Avenue to his Mercedes. She saw him open the passenger side door then kiss before she got in.

At first, her heart sank and she wanted to cry. Then anger set in. That anger was still burning just as hot when Rob got home at 11:30 PM. When the fight ended, Rob left taking his clothes with him.

************************************************

December 2005

Rob took the escalator up to the food court in the Washington Square Mall. The entire Mall was packed with Christmas shoppers scurried here and there looking for the perfect gift for their family and friends. Meier & Frank had been a horror. It was so crowded he could hardly move in there. But fortunately, he had found the jacket his daughter, Deb, wanted in the Teen Department. Now all he had left was Little Robbie. "That kid was so hard to buy for. Two more weeks so I'll find something," Rob thought to himself.

The line at Panda Chinese wasn't long so Rob bought a #3 plate and a large Coke then turned and looked for a place to sit. Wandering though the Food Court he found an empty table for two and sat facing the window wall overlooking the parking lot. The rain was pouring down, streaking the glass and distorting the mercury-vapor lamps outside. Rob hunched over his meal and began to eat.

"Pardon me. Is this seat taken?" came a woman's voice.

"No. Have a seat," Rob replied without looking up.

"Rob? Is that you?" came the voice again.

Rob looked up and stared at Carman's face. His mouth dropped open. "Carman?" he stammered. "I'm so surprised. Whatever happened to you?"

"Oh I found a good man. One who didn't cheat on me," she said with both a glare and a smile. "We got married, had a couple of kids. But he passed away a couple years ago. What about you?"

"Yeah. I was married. But that ended. Have a couple a good kids. They live with their mom. But I see them pretty regular."

"You still working for that same outfit down by the river?"

"No. I quit there an opened my own office above Morgan's Alley. Was tough for a while but I'm doing alright now." Then after a moment he asked, "What about you?"

"I'm fine. Edward left me well enough off. The house is paid for and the business makes enough to get along on."

Looking into Carman's eyes Rob felt something very odd. For once in his life he couldn't find the words the express what he was thinking. He'd always been so "smooth" but now he struggled to even make small talk. His mind raced with thoughts and memories. It finally settled on the shower in the little apartment on Abernathy Lane.

"Remember that apartment we had together?" he asked tentatively.

"Oh yes. How could I forget? We had some good times, Rob. I've thought about it many times over the years."

"It's odd but I have never looked back until now. Too busy I guess. Maybe..."

Just then two teenager girls walked up to the table. "Hi mom," they chimed in together. "You know this guy?"

"Rob. These are my kids. Melissa and Jennifer." Rob smiled at the two girls. "Your mom and I knew each other a long time ago."

The girls waved at Rob. Then turned to Carman. "Mom. We gotta go. The stores are selling out."

Carman looked down at her untouched plate and thought, "Oh well. That's the role of a mother."

She stood and said, "It was nice to see you, Rob." Then she turned to follow her daughters.

"Mom, that's a black guy. How do you know him?" Rob heard as the three turned away.

Rob stood. "Carmen. Ummm.. "

Carman stopped and turned back. "What, Rob?"

Without thinking, Rob said, "I was thinking. It's been a long time. I was wondering... hoping maybe... I could call you and... um... we could catch up or something." Rob felt foolish with this outburst. Thinking what a fool he was after the way they broke up. Why would Carman ever want to see him again?

Carman stared at Rob a moment, and then stepped back to the table. "I think I would like that, Rob. It's Carman Robinson now. I live on Cooper Mountain Drive in Newberg. You can find me in the book." With that she turned and followed the girls to the escalator.

Slowly, Rob sat. His palms were sweating and he wiped them on his shirt without noticing. Staring his plate he picked up his fork but didn't eat. Suddenly something was happening he didn't understand. After all, he hadn't thought of Carman in years. The night of the fight she'd told him she never wanted to see him again along with making sure she pointed out a number of his "not so nice" character flaws.

"No," he thought, "I won't call her. That would just be stupid. But at the same time, she didn't seem upset. She did recognize me first and sat."

That night, Rob sat in his apartment on Wilburn Street and looked at the phone. He'd looked up the number as soon as he got home. Twenty times he reached for the phone and started to dial then thought better of it. "What am I doing?" he asked himself, I could just call her and talk about old times and..." Reluctantly, he thought better of it and tried to put the issue aside. But it wouldn't die. Finally, he picked up the phone and dialed Carman's number.

"Hello?"

"Uhhh... Hi. Carman? Rob."

"Oh. Hello, Rob. It's nice to hear from you again so soon."

"Well, I was just sitting around trying to decide if I should watch the Blazer game or go out or..."

"Oh. Are the Blazers playing tonight?"

"Yeah. San Antonio there. The game is on channel 8. But I don't know. I just wanted to say... umm..."

"Yes, I know. It was nice to see you again too after all this time, Rob."

"Yeah. There's that. It was sort of funny how that happened, you know and..."

"Well, yes it was. I didn't recognize you at first."

"Oh? I've changed that much?"

"No. A little gray at the temples. But that makes you look more distinguished," Carman said warmly with a giggle.

"Well, I was thinking if you aren't doing anything - and I'm certainly not doing anything - maybe we could go out for coffee. There's a Starbucks over on Holgate near you and..." Oh God, he thought. Now I've really made a fool out of myself.

"Hmm. Well, I suppose I could. But I couldn't stay long. I have the girls you know and..."

"Oh, that's ok. Maybe you can bring them along. I'm sure they..."

"I'm thinking I could drop them at the arcade on Powell and meet you there. Say in an hour?"

"Oh good. Yes that will be fine." Rob hung up the phone and went in the bathroom. After he looked himself over in the mirror, Rob went into the bedroom and started to change clothes. He selected a pair of tan slacks and a light blue Oxford shirt with a dark blue blazer. He decided a neck tie was way too much. A pair of dark sock and black loafer finished the ensemble. He looked at himself in the mirror and shrugged. Then he headed for the door for the drive across town.

It was just 58 minutes when Rob walked into Starbucks. He saw Carman sitting by her self at a table against the far wall. He went over to her and said, "It's nice you could come, Carman. I don't know what got into me on the phone."

"It's quite alright, Rob. I don't know why I agreed to come anyway. But I'm glad to see you're on time."

"Well. Things change, you know. And so do people. But tell me all about what happened to you after... well... you know."

Carman and Rob talked much longer than either of them intended. The coffee warmed them and soon they were sitting across the table from each other, their knees touching, an occasional hand touch. Then the talking was done and Carman said, "Oh my God. Look at the time. Thos girls are going to think I've abandoned them."

Rob stood and walked Carman to her car. Then as an after thought said, "Carman. I've really enjoyed being here with you."

After a moment Carman replied, "Yes. I've enjoyed it too, Rob."

"Do you suppose we could do this again? Or may you want to go someplace else. What about..."

"Yes. I'd like that, Rob. We'll talk tomorrow. Right now I have to rescue my girls." Carman started the car and backed out of the parking space. With a wave she pulled into traffic on Holgate and was gone. Rob stood there and watched her drive away. Then walked to his car and got in.

Rob spoke to Carman on the phone the next night and the following night. The phone calls lasted for hours. The two chatted about everything - old times, their marriages, their kids. The made a date for the following Saturday night. There was a play at the Arlene Schnitzer Music Hall on Broadway. Rob used one of his business contacts to wrangle two tickets to the sold-out performance.

Saturday night Rob and Carman walked arm in arm into the "Schnitz" (as it is known locally) and took their seats. The performance began a short time later, but Rob couldn't keep his mind on it. He kept looking over at Carman. She was gorgeous. He sky-blue silk dress perfectly offset her light skin. He noticed the way she still flipped her long blown hair away from her face with a sideways shake of her head. And her smile drove him crazy. Not once during the performance did he let go of her hand.

At the intermission between the second and third acts they chatted and laughed in the lobby. At the curtain call for the third act, both lingered until the lobby was deserted. Then to Rob's surprise, Carman leaned against him and looked up into his face. Her breasts crushed against his chest. He bent slightly and Carman raised her mouth to his.

"Rob? Do we have to stay for the rest of the play?" she asked coyly.

"Umm... no. Not if you want to leave," he stammered.

"Good. We can't go to my place because of the kids, but yours isn't far."

Rob smiled and took Carman's hand. Together they walked to the exit and down Broadway to the parking garage. Both knew this time it would last forever.