Second Chance, Book 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,597 Followers

"Wow. Do you think she's ... like ... having a mid-life crisis ... or something?"

"Hah! Where do you learn all this stuff?" he laughed. "It's possible, I guess. When you get older, you have to accept that here are things about yourself that have changed. Some of them are physical and some of them are mental. If I showed you a picture of your mom when she was your age, you might get an idea of what will change for you. You mother is still a very beautiful woman, Andy. But you'd be surprised at what people see in the mirror sometimes. That's the mental part. You and I and everyone else think she's very beautiful, but maybe your mom doesn't see the same person as we do. Do you understand?"

"I think so. I used to obsess about not having breasts or being too fat or having acne. You know ... the usual kid stuff. I'm sort of getting over that now. I just have to be patient and things change on their own," she said seriously. "I know you always tell her how great she looks, because I've heard you. You tell her every day. How can she not believe it?"

Brent shook his head in wonder. How did she get so smart, so fast? "Sometimes, you need to hear it from someone else, someone who doesn't have any interest in who you are and what you feel like. Strangers telling you that you're beautiful can sometimes mean more than friends and family."

"Do you think that's what happened?" she asked.

"I don't know. We'll find out, though. I'm going to leave it to the professionals. They'll figure it out and then we can do something to help."

"Dad ... I'm ... I'm scared. I mean ... I'm scared for Mom," she said, beginning to tear up.

Brent put his arm around his daughter as they walked. "I know, Andy. I am too. We just have to trust that we can figure all this out and help your mom get back to where she was. I'm having a hard time thinking that it's a serious problem. I think she did something on the spur of the moment ... you know ... without thinking. It's like doing something crazy when you're drunk. You'd never think of doing it you were sober, but you might if you were drunk. Follow me?"

"Yah ... that makes sense. She great in every other way ... for a mom, I mean."

Brent laughed again. "Glad to hear it. I think so too."

They walked in silence for a while before Andrea spoke. "Dad, what kind of a job will you look for?" she asked.

"Well, I'm a sales and marketing person. That's what I know how to do. So, I'll look for a job that lets me sell a product or a service I truly believe in and for a company that I can trust. That's what I had from Mountain Pine and my friend Mr. Francis reminded me that that's what I need. In any job, you have to do what you genuinely want to do and for people you like and respect."

"Do you think you'll have trouble finding that kind of job?"

"I don't know. I have a good reputation and anyone at Mountain Pine is well respected, so ... I'm guessing I should be able to find something I like. You have to be optimistic about these things, Andy. I guess that's what sales is all about ... optimism," he smiled.

coaster2
coaster2
2,597 Followers