Second Chance Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
S-Des
S-Des
3,038 Followers

"Now I know you're lying, Donna doesn't..." he stopped, comprehending the gravity of what Jake was saying.

"Wow, she said she did it for me, but I didn't realize she didn't give you a taste first. I've got to say, that's pretty cold, considering it's your anniversary and all. Make sure you get into it later, it's amazing." He started to walk away, then turned back. "Oh, you might ask her to wash up first, unless you're into that kind of thing" he said, laughing as he walked away.

Tim sank into his chair feeling completely overwhelmed. Jake had to be lying; it couldn't be true. His fragile mind held on to one piece of hope. All he had to do was prove that Jake was lying about what he had claimed. Then everything would be all right.

Donna's voice startled him out of his stupor. "Hey baby, you look lost. I'm sorry I took so long; some stupid woman spilled a drink on my dress. It took forever to get it cleaned up. I hope it doesn't stain, this is so beautiful."

Her words were like a dagger in Tim's heart. "A stain," he echoed, his voice sounding hollow.

"Yeah, but I think it will be Ok. Oh look, here's our food." The waitress was bringing the steaks. Unfortunately, the thought of food or even sitting there for another second was more than he could take.

"Will you excuse me for a second," he asked politely. Without waiting for a response he got up and made his way toward the restrooms, the after effects of the adrenaline causing his legs to feel like rubber. Shoving open the door, he stumbled into a stall, and locked it. He sat on the toilet seat and put his head in his hands, random thoughts assaulting him. He kept telling himself that it couldn't be true.

But why would Jake lie and tell me something that I could confirm in a second? he reasoned. Unless he wasn't lying...

"No," he whispered aloud. "Trisha was right. I have to trust her. She wouldn't do that to us. Not after all this time." But every time he thought about his loving wife, Jake's smug expression intruded. He fought the feelings, unable to discount Jake's words.

Why else would he do this? he fumed, trying to see some way out other than proving it for himself. He wanted to trust her, but he had to know.

He stayed in there for several minutes, first trying to compose himself, then making his plans. When he reached the table, Donna's smiling, carefree expression greeted him.

"Are you feeling all right?" she asked. "You look a little funny."

"I'm fine," he lied. "Just really hungry." The truth was, Tim had no appetite at all, but if he didn't eat, she'd ask why. They couldn't have that conversation in the restaurant, not if he wanted to finally get to the bottom of this.

They didn't speak much while eating, but if she noticed the change, she didn't mention it. When they finished, she expected him to take her to the dance floor. Instead, Tim paid the bill and told her they were going to go somewhere else. She asked where, but he insisted it was a surprise.

The valet drove the car around and opened the door for Donna while Tim climbed in the driver's side. He pulled out of the parking lot and turned left, toward home. They made small talk for a minute until he saw what he was looking for. The car turned into the same park that he had seen her car at, almost two years ago. It was the closest place to do what he had to do, and in an ironic twist, he thought it was the perfect place to find out if his marriage was really over.

"What are we doing here," she asked in confusion.

Tim tried his best to sound charming. "I just wanted you alone for a few minutes. You know I love you more than anything, right?"

"Of course I do, sweetheart. I love you too," she responded without hesitation.

He leaned over and kissed her, feeling an equal mix of hope and fear. She returned his kiss passionately and he desperately tried to shut out the side of his brain that was screaming, She betrayed you!

His left hand moved down and cupped her breast, coaxing a sensual moan. Her kiss intensified as he spent a moment teasing her nipple, then moved to the other breast. After a few moments, he moved it lower. Her hips rocked in response, but when he began to pull up her dress, she broke the kiss.

"Tim, no," she complained. Undeterred, he changed tactics and began massaging her pubic mound through the dress, cupping her sex with his fingers. She responded more intensely than before, and he felt her softly shaking. When he moved his hand back to the hem of her dress and inched it up her legs, she protested again, but unconvincingly. When her skirt reached the top of her legs, he broke our kiss and looked down.

A part of him felt like it died as the streetlight illuminated the front seat enough to see as her panties came into view. Black, with lace. He processed the information with a level of composure that was startling. No longer having any doubt what he'd find, Tim decided to confirm the rest. He moved his hand to the top of the top of her panties and slid his fingers under the waistband.

"No," she protested again, trying to stop his hand with her own.

"Why, what have you got to hide?" he asked harshly. His tone stunned her, and she relaxed for a moment, allowing his hand to slide fully inside her panties. "Gee, what do we have here?"

She gave him a confused look, now knowing that something was terribly wrong. "It was supposed to be a surprise for later. You always wanted me to try it. I thought after what happened this week, I'd do something special for you. Aren't you happy?"

"Oh, you could definitely say this is one anniversary I never expected," he said, pulling away from her and starting the car. Tim could see her out of the corner of his eye trying to cover herself.

"Tim, what's going on?" she demanded, sounding more hurt than angry.

"We're going home, now," he answered, straining to keep from raising his voice.

"Why, what's wrong? Honey, please answer me."

He refused to look at her. "We'll be home in ten minutes and then we can talk. It would be better if you didn't say anything else until then."

Donna made a startled sound, then settled back into her seat. She didn't say anything until they reached the house. He snuck a glance out of the corner of his eye and could see her staring at him with concern etched on her face.

He parked the car in front, making sure not to block her car in the driveway. Pushing the car door open violently, Tim ignored her and walked to the front door. He went straight for the liquor cabinet. By the time she stormed in, he was already pouring himself a scotch.

"Tim, what the hell is going on," she shouted. "You've never done anything like that to me before. I will not put up with it."

He gave her a look of contempt. "Frankly, I don't give a shit what you're willing to put up with." Her jaw dropped and she stood looking at him in shock. "Donna, it's time to give up the act, I know everything."

Her mouth moved for a second, but nothing came out. Finally she found her voice, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"I'm taking about you fucking Jake," he growled.

"What?" she shrieked. "What the hell gave you that idea?"

"I don't care if you want to lie about it or not. We're through and I want you to go," he said, suddenly feeling very tired.

"Tim, I don't know what you think happened, but I did not have sex with Jake. This is a terrible misunderstanding. Please tell me what gave you that idea."

He tossed back the scotch and quickly poured another. "There's no need for me to explain myself. I have the proof and don't care how you try to spin this. Since you don't want to admit it, I'd appreciate it if you'd get out of my house now."

"Get out?" she cried, sagging against the couch for support. "You're throwing me out on our anniversary? What is wrong with you?" Her voice rose dramatically. "I didn't do anything with Jake! Now stop this insanity and talk to me."

Something seemed to break inside her and her shoulders slumped as tears poured down her face.

"I said, I want you to get the fuck out, now!" he screamed, no longer caring if the neighbor's heard.

"Please don't do this. I don't understand why you won't believe me. Just talk to me Tim. Why won't you listen?" she cried, sounding pitiful.

Fucking conniving bitch! He thought angrily. Still acting like she's Miss Innocent. It made him even more furious.

"I'm telling you for the last time, I want you out of my house you good for nothing cunt!"

"Tim," she said through her tears, "I love you."

"And I hate you! Now get the fuck out," he said with as much vitriol as he could muster.

Donna was crying hysterically and looked at him with such a pained expression that he felt like dying. Despite his anger, her reaction tore through his defenses. He had an almost uncontrollable urge to take her in his arms and comfort her. Instead he forced himself to stand there impassively, showing no trace of compassion.

Finally Donna turned and fled the house without bothering to grab anything except her purse. Tim could hear her agonized sobs echo down the driveway as she ran for her car. He walked to the door and slammed it for effect, although there was no more anger left. Instead, he sank to the floor in a ball, his stomach feeling like it was being pulled inside out. He didn't even bother trying not to cry, as he realized sadly that this time, the pain would never go away.

~~~~~

"Tim, I'm so sorry," Pete said sympathetically. "Is there anything I can do?"

"Pete, I've got to get out of here now. I don't want to deal with her calling, I don't want to explain things to my friends or family, and I especially don't want to think about hearing from that mother-fucker."

He nodded, "I understand, but I think it's time you dealt with him. You know my feelings on the matter."

"I know, but not yet. I just had my whole world ripped apart; I'm not ready to deal with it. I'm going to go find a sandy beach and get drunk for a week or two. When I get back, we can talk about what to do about him."

"What about Donna?" His eyes seemed to be staring through Tim's soul.

"She made her choice, let her live with it," he said vindictively. "When I get back, I'll hire a lawyer and sort all that shit out." He paused and took a deep breath. "I need you to do me a favor. You know I love Trisha more than anything, but she and Donna have gotten really close. Please let her know that I don't want either of you getting in the middle of this mess. I caught her in a lie and having drinks with the bastard, then believed her and let her make a fool out of me. That's it, we're through."

He nodded, "I understand. You don't have to worry about my wife. She loves you too. She won't be anxious to take sides. I just don't know how I'm going to break it to her. She is the one who really bought into how we should all trust Donna. I wish I could go with you instead of having to tell her. Out of all of us, she has the shortest fuse and she's going to hit the ceiling. The baby just makes it tougher."

Tim groaned, looking at his friend apologetically. "I'm sorry Pete, I've been so caught up in my own mess, I haven't even asked. How is she? Did you guys decide to find out if it's a boy or a girl?"

He smiled for the first time since coming over. "We decided to wait until the baby is born. They both are fine, but I'm glad it will only be another month. Living through my wife's pregnancy has been an adventure that tested everything my mom ever drilled into my head. I feel like one of those wimpy husbands, 'Yes dear, I'm sorry dear, of course you're right dear,' it's like my worst nightmare."

"Shut up, you love every second of it," Tim teased. "I've never met anyone who wants to be a father more than you. I'm surprised you don't have two rooms full of toys; one if it's a boy, one if it's a girl."

Pete looked down sheepishly, causing Tim to laugh. "You do! Son of a bitch!"

He laughed until he had to wipe the tears from his eyes. "Thank you. Damn I needed that. I'm packed and ready, are you sure things will be Ok at work?"

He raised his eyebrows. "Like you'd be any use there right now."

"That's the truth," Tim agreed. They shared a quick hug and he headed out the door.

That's a conversation I wouldn't want to have, Tim thought. Trisha's going to be a handful when she finds out.

He took one last look around the house, wondering how different things would be when he returned...

~~~~~

S-Des
S-Des
3,038 Followers