Second Comings - Sex Type Thing

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sharon stepped up, stood between the chief and Secord. "Not now, Chief, Jordan. Let's wait 'til she's out of surgery, okay? Justin, stay with him. You two go get some coffee. I want to talk with these folks." She pointed at Justin then: "I mean it. Get going."

"Okay," Lake said. "Jordan, let's get away from here for a minute."

When they were clear of the waiting area, headed for the cafeteria, Secord asked Lake if he knew what was going on.

"I know some of the details, not all. Apparently Laura was in on this, lured a bunch of jocks to do it, lured them in with sex. That's what Sharon told me on the way over."

"Dear God. Justin. Oh, no. She got us both, then. Michele was concerned, thought Laura was just angry, somehow angry at men in general. But she's focused all that anger on Michele. Why?"

"I don't know, Jordan. I just don't know. I remember once, reading about why Hitler ordered the killings of all those people, not just the Jews, but all the other people he singled out. The point of the article was that Hitler was a monster, and there's no way to know what motivates a monster, because we have no frame of reference. You have to be a monster to understand a monster, so there's just no way to completely understand what motivates them. It's a darkness beyond our understanding."

"What are you saying? That Laura's a monster?"

"I've been living with her for months, and this is all news to me, Jordan. She's kept this part of her life hidden away, but now? It's a whole other part of her. I don't know, maybe some sort of schizoid process? Michele would know more about this than I do..."

They came to the cafeteria and sat in a far corner, by a window. Secord looked out at the trees, at the green leaves drifting on an unfelt breeze. "This is all kind of hard to take in, isn't it?"

"Sharon warned me about her. I didn't listen. Now I feel like I enabled all of this. That I allowed Laura to get close to you two."

"It's not your fault, Justin. Don't go there."

"I'm going to get us some tea. Be right back."

"Yeah."

When he returned Sharon was at the little table, holding Secord's hand, and his heart lurched in his chest. "Any news?" he asked as he sat.

She shook her head. "Nothing."

They all turned their heads, listened as an ambulance arrived back at the ER, then Secord seemed to fall apart. "Please God," he whispered, "don't let anything more happen to her, and keep her safe if something does."

"Amen," Sharon said. She looked at Justin – and he was crying – then one of the police officers was running into the cafeteria.

"Dr Lake? Would you come with me now?"

"What's happened?" Sharon said, and Lake looked up expectantly, suddenly feeling very cold.

The officer looked around, then leaned-in close: "Grier met the officers at the door, with a knife. She's been shot, it's bad, and she's asking for you."

"What!" Sharon said, but she was already up and running before Secord had time to figure out what had happened, then Lake was up and just behind her by the time he had. Secord looked at the tea on the table and wiped up a few errant splatters, then he picked up the untouched cups and walked slowly to the trash. After he had carefully put the cups in the bin, he too started for the ER – walking very slowly, very carefully, and very unsteadily into the future.

(C) 2016 Adrian Leverkühn | ABW

  • COMMENTS
7 Comments
rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
I believe Ike would be pleased

with the creative variation of the Military Industrial Complex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
WELL WRITTEN STORY

I like your writing. This was a nicely sensitive treatment of a difficult subject. I keep Colatura di Alici on hand and it is a lovely, if somewhat expensive, condiment. Interesting choice of Nom-de-Keyboard. Looking forward to the continuation.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
Adrian: you need a note at the beginning to alert new readers this a sequel

a continuation of a previous story. I had read Second Comings and still had trouble keeping the characters aligned. If a reader came to this without the knowledge of who these people are and what led up to this point they would be completely lost.

just a suggestion.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
I have no idea what I just read

Does Sharon hate Laura so much she would tell tales and implicate her in a hate crime?

Is Laura so evil she would pretend to be a friend of Michelle, defend her decision to be herself, and then turn a pack of frenzied jocks into a mob?

Is society so broken we no longer live by our ideals but struggle from one hate point to the next?

Are the intellectual elite nothing more than plagiarists with an expertise in wiki?

Which storyline is valid?

or is that the point?

there is no point?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow!

What an interesting, intense, and thought provoking story. I won't even go into how much I agree with your protagonists opinion about today's college students. I will say that evil on the level portrayed in this story is out there and not going to be understood.

On a slight tangent this story reminds me of a discussion I had decades ago with a student that did not think it was necessary for us to have a standing army. I told him if he could predict for me where the next Hitler, Amin, or Stalin will show up and how to recognize him before adulthood, I might consider his argument. I never got an answer.

Thanks for a very good story. 5*

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Talk of Betrayal Deborah burns her last bridge.in Loving Wives
Girl's Friday Nights Out You never answered my question.in Loving Wives
...To Forgive Divine A short story about a marriage in trouble.in Loving Wives
Holiday Disaster Just some Joe trying to live his life.in Loving Wives
A Shepherd Afield Pt. 01 Ben struggles with his new notoriety.in Erotic Couplings
More Stories