Second Time Around Ch. 02

Story Info
Can they get it right this time?
1.9k words
4.57
21.5k
3

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/03/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LilMami07
LilMami07
403 Followers

Hey guys. Here's chapter 2. For those of you who are confused, this is a continuation of CRAZY IN LOVE. Thanks to the best editor alive, Mococoa :)

*

The obnoxious buzzing of the alarm went off, waking Samantha from her somber slumber. She let out a loud groan and rolled over, pulling the pillow over her head.

The buzz wouldn't stop. She dragged herself out of bed and into the bathroom and looked into the mirror.

"Ahh shit," she mumbled staring at her reflection. Her wild black hair was just that -- wild and tangled. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and headed for the shower.

The warm water cascaded down the slopes, flats and curves of her toned body. Samantha grabbed her Caress shower gel and lathered. The fruity scent filled her nostrils and she sighed. She grabbed her conditioner from the corner of the shower and massaged it into her scalp. She was content. Sleepy, but content.

She looked down at the new ink edition on her ribs and smiled. Sketch had done a really good job. Sketch. Tanner. Tanner? Whatever. Too bad she'd forgotten to call him that night. And the next day. And the next day...

Her mind snapped back to the dream she had. The dream she'd been having. That's where she remembered him from.

It was always a fuzzy dream. One that really had no purpose or any form of meaning: a dream where you only remember faces and bits and pieces of happenings.

She remembered looking at him. Like they were sitting beside each other. In a car. She remembered being in a large building. Something like a barn. Bits and pieces.

Samantha shrugged it off and rinsed off. She stepped out of the shower and shivered as the cool air hit her damp body. She quickly towel dried herself and looked at the clock.

"Fuck. I'm gonna be late."

She quickly applied lotion to her body, smeared A & D ointment on her tattoo and got dressed. She brushed her now manageable hair back and put it up into a wet messy bun. She looked at it in the mirror.

"Eh. Not the prettiest, but at least it smells good."

She headed for the front door but stopped at Mia's bedroom door. Samantha quietly opened it and tiptoed in. She smiled at her cousin's sleeping form and looked around at the tidy room. She stared some more until snatching the sheets off of her. Mia opened her eyes slowly and looked up.

"What?" she asked with a sleep-laced voice.

"I just wanted to let you know I'm going to work."

"Oh, okay," Mia said turning to her side. "Have a good day."

"Thanks. Now, wake your ass up!" she yelled, smacking Mia's plump backside.

"Oww! Stop it! I'm gonna beat your ass when you get back."

"No you're not. You might break a nail," she said as she walked toward the door.

"We'll see. Now get out."

"Yea, yea, yea."

********************

Samantha stared as she watched the line get longer at her register.

"Fuck," she thought. "Why don't these people just go home?"

She plastered on a fake smile as an older lady took her place at the register.

"Did you find everything okay today, ma'am?" she asked politely.

"Oh yes, dear. Thank you."

Sam smiled. She liked pleasant customers. She rang up the woman's items quickly.

"That'll be $7.35. Would you like to donate a dollar to the Children's Network?"

"Yes dear," the older lady said fishing around in her purse. She gave Samantha the money and put a dollar in the jar on the counter.

"Thank you very much. You have a very good day, ma'am. Come see us again."

The lady smiled and was off. Before she could turn around, the next customer threw his items down on the counter and started mindlessly chatting with the girl behind him in line.

"Rude ass," she thought.

She quickly scanned his items and rung him up.

"That'll be $38.04."

The guy ignored her and continued his conversation with the young girl.

"Excuse me. I said that'll be $38.04," she repeated louder.

"Whoa! Chill out little lady," he said, holding a finger up at her. The girl behind him giggled.

"Look, this isn't a lobby or a lounge. If you want to talk, step out of line. I have customers waiting," she snapped, staring down the back of his fitted cap clad head.

"Ouch," he said finally turning around.

Samantha could have pissed herself. There he was. Sketch. Tanner. Whatever the hell his name was.

"Calm down, Sam. I was just having a little convo with the lovely lady behind me. You know friendly conversation. The thing you and I were supposed to have when you were going to call me."

Sam stood there in disbelief for a moment before regaining herself.

"This isn't Facebook. It's Rugged. You shop. I ring you up. Now, that'll be $38.04."

"Oh, Sam, Sam, Sam," he said digging out money from his wallet and handing it to her. "You and that mouth of yours. I see you haven't changed a bit."

"You don't know anything about me," she said hostilely.

"That's where you're wrong. I know everything about you, Samantha."

He stuffed a few dollars in the donation jar and grabbed his bags.

"Keep the change, doll face."

For the second time in 10 minutes she stood there in disbelief.

*****************

Samantha couldn't wait to get home. It was late, she was tired and she had homework to do.

Tanner put out his cigarette and followed Samantha to her car. She hit the alarm and threw her bags in the back. When she went to open the driver side door, a hard body blocked her. She went into fight mode automatically and started swinging violently.

"Stop! Damnit, Sam stop!"

Samantha stopped her assault when she heard the voice. She looked up and into those blue eyes. She backed away and scoffed.

"What the fuck do you want?" she asked, getting one last hit in.

"I wanted to talk to you. And ouch."

"You had your chance to say what you wanted earlier, asshole."

"And I did except I have more to say."

"Well I've had my helping of bullshit today. I don't want anymore."

"Sam. Don't be difficult," he whispered, grabbing her hand.

"What are you doing? Don't touch me," she said snatching away from him. "You don't know me."

"Sam. We've been through this. I know a lot more than you think."

"Maybe if you got your head out of your ass you'd know it would be in your best interest to leave me the fuck alone."

"You're very hostile. Always have been."

"Stop that."

"Stop what?"

"This. Acting like you know me so well. I just met you, and you're acting like we've known each other forever."

"Not forever. But for a very, very long time."

"Okay. Tell me," she said shutting the door. "Tell me about me."

"Nah, it's getting late. Maybe some other time. Over coffee?" he asked walking away giving her that "I know something you don't know" look. "Call me," he said walking across the dark parking lot until he disappeared out of sight.

Samantha cruised down the highway thinking about Sketch. Tanner. Whatever the hell his name was. He had said that he'd known her for a long time. He intrigued yet bugged the hell out of her at the same time. Her apartment came into sight, and she slowly turned in, preparing herself for a long night full of homework and Red Bull.

She grabbed her bags out the car and headed inside. The blaring of the sound system gave her a headache. She looked around but didn't see Mia. She knocked on her door and called out for her. No response. Whatever.

Samantha fought the urge to close her eyelids for just a moment, but she couldn't. She had to finish her autotech homework. Maybe a little nap wouldn't hurt.

**************

Samantha sighed out of frustration as she tried to explain to Mia her situation.

"I don't know. It's crazy. When I met him that day in the parlor, I knew I had seen him somewhere."

"It's a big town, Sammy. There's no telling who you've seen around here."

"I know. That's what I told myself, but there's something about him. He acts as if he knows me. He's so comfortable around me. He's such an ass."

"There are people like that. He's an extrovert. Remember Reggie? He'll talk to anyone."

"No. His name. Tanner," she said pacing in her pink pajamas. "Something about that name seems so familiar. Like I've meet him already."

"Maybe you have," Mia tried to reason. She saw how this was getting to her cousin. It was really no big deal, but Samantha was known to read too much into things. "Stop worrying. Let's do something later. Just the two of us."

Samantha sighed and plopped down on her queen-size bed.

"Okay. But I have stuff to do first. I'm meeting him at Starbucks in a few hours. And I didn't finish my homework last night because I fell asleep, so I have to do that."

"What? Girl, let's go get our nails and hair done."

"What's wrong with my hair?" Samantha questioned, running her fingers through her wild mass of curls. "Oww," she yelped when it got stuck."

"Exactly. You need to get it straightened or something. And it's in dire need of some moisturizer."

"Okay. We can get our hair done, but I'm not getting my nails done."

"Whatever. You can watch me get mine done."

"That doesn't sound like much fun."

"What? You don't want yours done but I do. I have to look good for CJ."

"Oh my fuckin God Mia. Get over dude."

"I can't do that. He's mine and mine only. I just have to make him see that."

"Okay, stalker."

"Oh I'm no stalker. I just like to get what I want."

"Sure you do," she said rising from the bed. "I gotta go shower and get ready. Later okay?"

"Later. And don't do anything I wouldn't do!" she yelled at Samantha's retreating form.

***************

Samantha walked into Starbucks with her laptop in her bag. She had become one of those people she couldn't stand. She searched around until her eyes fell on a pair of familiar ones. She sighed and walked over.

"Glad you could make it, Sam. You know I was a little surprised when you called on such short notice. Good thing I was able to fit you into my very tight schedule."

"Whatever, I knew that if I didn't call you'd just keep on stalking me."

He let out a deep laugh and watched as she powered up her laptop.

"Wow. You fit in nicely."

"Ugh. I hate when people come in here and order fancy coffee just to type on their fancy shmancy computers. Me? I actually have work to do. Why not kill two birds with one stone? Now talk."

"About what?"

"Don't play games with me."

"Oh. I remember now. So like I was saying, I know you probably more than you know yourself."

"Are you some secret spy or something?"

"Guess again."

"Did somebody put a hit out on me or something? Was it Gianni? Cuz I told him that was an accident. How was I supposed to know that he was --?"

"What? No. Wait, who's Gianni?"

"Nobody."

She sighed and started on her assignments since she wasn't getting anywhere with him.

"What you doing?"

"Work."

"No shit. What subject?"

"Autotech. Why, you wanna help?"

He laughed and shook his head.

"Yeah right. You know I was never any good at cars. You were always the wiz kid when it came to shit like that."

"What's this all about?"

"You're gonna think I'm crazy."

"Too late for that."

"Okay," he said scooting his chair closer to her. "You asked for it."

****************

LilMami07
LilMami07
403 Followers