Secret Inspiration

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

You might say that I have a love affair with that clump of fig trees. But please, I'd hate for everyone to find out about it as that would ruin its tranquility.

Please accept this gift on behalf of myself and my husband.

Carla Alditore

P.S. You're more than welcome to include the fig grove in one of your stories, but please, change our family name so that no-one finds my secret hideaway. Grazie tanto.


Notes and Acknowledgements

I made several inferences to literary works by D.H. Lawrence. These include: "Lady Chatterley's Lover" and "Figs". All other inferences are a product of fiction and my imagination. I am in no way claiming to have any knowledge of how Mr. Lawrence drew inspiration for his pieces. I did however do very light research into where D.H. Lawrence was based when he penned "Lady Chatterley" and ran with the fiction from there.

The idea from this story flowed from an idea I had reading a similar story about another literary figure where the author exercised his poetic license and wrote an interesting short story from the historical figure's point of view. The short story was one of many in the following book: "Forbidden Acts: by Nancy A. Collins (1995)"

Thank you for reading my initial foray into writing. I sincerely hope you had as much fun reading this short story as I had writing it! Comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

I'd like to thank someone very dear to me who dared me to write. I hope her surprise was genuine.