Secret Lovers Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My mind was working furiously. "Jess, I think I'm going to stay in tonight. I've been feeling a little off."

His voice sounded concerned as he said, "Lee, don't you have a singing job tomorrow afternoon at the Apple Club?"

That was the problem with having a boyfriend that was really into you: he actually remembers the stuff you tell him. I couldn't let him think I was badly sick, because then he'd come over to my place no matter what I said.

"Yeah I do. I'm sure I'll be up to it. I think I just have a head cold," I improvised. It must have worked.

"Okay, honey. I'll hook up with you tomorrow. Hey, if you need anything – something from the pharmacy, just call me, okay?"

"Okay, Jess, I will."

"I love you, LeeAnne," his said, his voice deepening.

"I love you too, Jess," I said. It wasn't a lie. I did love him, although my feelings were changing. I closed the phone and tucked it back into my pocket. I honestly can't tell you what I was feeling at that moment. I didn't want to hurt Jess. He's a good man; I shouldn't be cheating on him. But my attraction...no, my need for Chrissie was too strong to deny.

The intercom chimed, and I almost ran over to the wall box. "Yes?"

"Lee, it's Chrissie. Come on down, Love."

I grabbed my pea coat from the hook and stepped out locking the door behind me. I could see her waiting for me through the door at the base of the stairs. She looked good in dark jeans, stylish boots and windbreaker. She had a fleece headband that kept her hair back. The effect was cute. She smiled as I pushed through the door, and grabbed my hand as we walked to her car.

The trip to Clinton was a short one. It felt like we spent more time trying to find a place to park than we did getting there. Finally, we were walking through the many festival booths and sidewalk cafes, listening to the music. Christine and I walked hand in hand. I noticed some people stared at us, but I did my best to ignore it. There were other same-sex couples here and there. No one did or said anything to us, at least.

The weather had started to cool off some, and I was starting to get hungry. "Are you getting hungry, Chrissie?"

"I am a bit peckish, Love," she said. "Do you want to try something here, or would you rather go someplace nice?"

"I was thinking maybe we could try my place," I said, blushing. She grinned.

"I think that will be just the thing."

We turned to head back to the car. I never saw Jess and his brother having baked ziti and meatballs at the little sidewalk café to our left. I didn't see the confused look on his face. And I certainly didn't see the two of them get up and try to follow us through the crowds of people.

Chrissie and I finally reached her battered Chevy and climbed in. As we were driving away, I saw Jess. Just a flash of his face among the throngs of people, but it was enough. He was facing away from us, but it didn't matter: I'd know him anywhere. He was quite obviously looking for something or someone. I got a cold feeling in my stomach. Could he have seen me? Could he have seen me with Chrissie? I didn't know the answers to those questions at the time, and they weighed heavily on my mind.

Chrissie could sense the change in my mood. "What's wrong, Lee?" she asked.

I wasn't sure how to answer. Then to make matters worse, my cell started to ring. I pulled it out of my pocket and wasn't surprised to see Jess's number in the caller ID window.

"Are you going to answer that?" Chrissie asked. She was clearly starting to get concerned.

"No," I said. "It's just a friend of mine. I want tonight to just be us." I quickly silenced the ringer and then turned my phone off. My answer seemed to satisfy her, at least for now. She glanced down at the dash right about then.

"Looks like we need to make a quick stop for some petrol, Lee," she said.

"There's a Marathon at the next exit," I said, trying to helpful.

"Sorry, I guess I should have checked it before we left town."

"That's okay. No biggie."

We pulled off the highway and into the filling station. As Chrissie gassed up the car, I pulled out my cell phone again and checked my voicemail. The message was short.

Lee, it's Jess. Mike and I saw you at the Little Italy Festival. I thought you said you were staying in? When you get this please call me back. I'd really like to see you.

Moving in slow motion, like I was dreaming, I closed my cell phone and slipped it back into my coat pocket. Then and there, I decided that I wasn't going to lose what I had with Jess. I also decided that I was going to keep my relationship with Chrissie. I thought to myself,This is the 21rst Century. We are all three adults and responsible to no one but ourselves. Why can't we find a way to all be together?

The driver's side door opened and Chrissie slid into the seat.

"You look like the cat that ate the canary, Lee," she said, seeing the smile that creased my face.

"I'm more in a mood to eat the cat than the canary, Christine," I said, flashing her my most seductivecome hitherexpression.

She blushed a little, and then smiled back. "I'd like that."

12