Secret Smiles and Three Little Words Pt. 36

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm sorry Alex," he said not turning to her. "When she needed me the most...I wasn't there."

"No, you don't have any reason to apologize," Alex said taking his hand to stand next to him.

"Your mother wouldn't let me officiate the funeral," he explained without her asking.

"I figured," Alex nodded.

They stood there in the rain for a few moments.

"Is she in Hell Father?" Alex asked finally.

"No," he said firmly.

"But...,"

"NO!" He said cutting her off. "Alex, she wasn't...gone when I got there. She was repentant. I gave her Last Rights, as a Catholic she deserved them. She was truly sorry for what she had done...so I gave her absolution!"

"Can you do that?" Alex asked him, her heart lifting that he did.

"I'm her priest," Jack told her. "She was truly sorry...so yes I can."

"Suicide?" Alex asked.

"Is like any other sin," Jack said firmly. "Once you are sorry for it and ask for the Lord's forgiveness, it's given. He gives absolution I just say the words."

"How do you know for sure?" Alex doubted.

"Because my heart tells me so," Jack said turning to her. Alex took the priest in her arms.

"Your sister was a spectacular woman," Jack whispered to her. "The world got a little darker today."

"I agree," Alex whispered in his arms.

***