Secrets and Magic Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The paralyzing spell." Of course. The paralyzing spell. He stirred in his chair, "Where I come from it's used as a basic defense to buy time."

"Ah." There wasn't a whole lot she could think of to say. Jack wanted to be angry at him for temporarily taking her out of commission, but if she were honest with herself, the situation was more her fault than his. Dammit.

"In the future," the earlier chill was back in his voice, "Avoid lurking in places you don't belong."

Aden's tone grated on Jack's nerves. Okay, she got it. She was wrong. Did he have to keep rubbing her nose in it? And to think, she'd been on the brink of apologizing. Ha. Definitely not now. Jack cocked an eyebrow in his direction, "Are you always like this or am I special?"

"Am I always like what?" The calm way he answered really rattled her chains. Forgetting her soreness and state of undress, Jack swung her legs over the side of the bed and positioned herself on its edge. Their knees were almost touching.

"You were incredibly rude the first time we met and you're not much better now." Yes, he was her employer and could fire her at will. And yes, he could easily zap her with something to shut her up, but that felt good to say.

Aden leaned forward, his eyes brighter than before. "Be careful of what you say to me."

She didn't heed his warning. Instead, Jack barreled along head first, "Oh I see. I'm supposed to pick and choose what I say to you, but you get to speak to me any way you please?" She rolled her eyes, "I don't think so."

Jack vaguely noticed the tensing of his jaw and the death like grip he had on the arms of his chair. Who did he think he was? She absently tucked another curl behind her ear and got ready to correct him on a few other matters. Her mouth opened to launch an attack, but nothing ever came. It took her a second to realize what was happening and when she did, it was too late. Aden's tongue had already found hers and was forcing it into submission. His hands rose to hold her in place and he deepened the kiss. Instantly her lust flared up. Jack knew she should stop it, tear herself away and maybe even slap him, only the sudden rush of heat was too thick. The sensation started in her belly and swirled outward, warming her skin and throwing her head into a fog. Aden explored her expertly, leaving in his wake a taste of darkness, danger, and excitement. Jack sighed into his mouth and let the invasion continue. She wanted this, had been wanting it since she first met him. She'd wondered what his full lips felt like, and now she would never forget.

Aden massaged her tongue now, slowly, leisurely taking his fill of her. Jack moaned and moistness built between her legs. Had it ever been like this with anyone else? She couldn't remember and didn't want to. All that was important was right in front of her, feasting on her own matched desire. Her hands tentatively reached up and buried themselves in his hair. Aden groaned at the action and gasped, giving her the chance to slip inside him this time. He had a flavor that was all his and it was magnificent. Jack grew intoxicated as she ventured further, intent on learning more. She licked and sucked at him until she was light-headed from lack of air. Jack pulled back to take a much needed breath and almost reluctantly, her hands ceased reveling in the smoothness of his locks.

Her eyes met his, but Aden's didn't look right. Instead of being the usual green, they were pitch black. They gazed at one another, each of them with chests rising and falling rapidly. "Your eyes..." Jack spoke as hers darted back and forth between his, trying to make sure what she was seeing was real. He looked unsettling.

Aden stared at her, seeming both human and not. "I must go." He began to roll backwards.

"But-" Jack slid off the bed and took a step in his direction.

"No!" The harshness of his voice startled her and she stopped where she was. "It is best you stay away from me right now." He turned around and left, closing her door without ever having touched it.

Jack stood rooted to the spot a few moments before walking over to her window. The breeze had calmed down and was now blowing just enough to ruffle the hem of her shirt. To anyone observing her it would appear she was just enjoying the view, but she didn't feel nearly as relaxed as she looked. Inside, her mind was all over the place. How was she supposed to process all that? How could anyone?

She rubbed her lower back as she watched the blue water rush in to drift over the sand. A few days ago, her life made sense. But now, that was too much to ask. She was staying in a house with two men who were clearly more than they let on, one of whom apparently didn't dislike her as much as she'd thought. Aden had kissed her for god sakes, and in turn, she'd kissed him right back. Jack touched her lips and shuddered. There had been something there when they'd touched. She couldn't identify it, but the feeling would have consumed her if she hadn't stopped. The scary thing was, she'd wanted to lose herself in it. How easy it would have been to just let herself go, to get lost in him.

And what about his eyes? Had there been any doubt about Aden telling her the truth, which there wasn't, seeing his eyes change color like that sealed it. He'd looked like a man entrenched in some internal battle. Jack sighed. Aden was becoming more question than answer by the second.

The sooner she could leave, the better.

***

Aden was still breathing heavy when he entered his room. The grasp on his power was little more than tenuous so he knew his eyes had yet to resume their normal color. It shouldn't be possible. Someone like him, with his training, should never come that close. He ran fingers through his hair and closed his eyes. Anger snaked through him, winding him up even tighter. He was mad at Jack, but even more so at himself. What had gotten into him? One second he'd been listening to her disbelievingly as she tried to put him in his place and the next... well. She had been so responsive, too. He wasn't sure what would happen when he claimed her mouth with his, but he hadn't expected the ease at which she accepted him. There was no fight as he marked his territory, only an answering need. Then she had turned the scene on its head by tasting him in turn. Aden clenched his hand so hard, it was a wonder he didn't break any bones. That had been his undoing.

Jack wanted him as much as he wanted her, or it at least seemed that way. People reacted strangely when confronted with strange situations. But if she hadn't broken their connection when she did, he would have done something regrettable. Something neither one of them was ready for. He scowled at the wall, not really seeing it; what took place upstairs could never happen again. He would get through his sessions with Jack, if only to make his father happy, then he would never have to see her again. Hopefully whatever it was he was feeling would vanish right along with her.

He didn't need this, and sure as hell didn't want it.

12