Secrets of Apple Grove Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"But Sheriff..." I started, but Daniel was having none of it.

"Don, Lt. Perlman and I can hold down the fort here for a few days. I'm also going to use this occasion to help who I think will be our next Chief to get acclimated to the Detectives, and them with him. Last but not least, Mr. Brownlee is being very quiet right now and I'll keep him leashed."

"All right then, Mom." I said, my biggest worry (Brownlee) having been addressed by our friendly neighborhood Sheriff. "You'll come with me, of course?"

"Of course." said my mom, her pretty eyes twinkling.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"I still don't know how you convinced the Sheriff to let me out of there." I said to my mother as I drove her car to my boyhood town, Apple Grove. The town was over three hours away, north-by-northwest of my Town and County, and well to the west of the mountains that contained Lake Amengi-Nunagen and its hamlets.

"I told him it was important." said Phyllis. "Of course, I first told his wife about it, and she worked him over for me." I had to grin at that one, knowing full well of Melina Allgood's powers of 'persuasion'.

"I still shouldn't be away, with all the crap that's going on these days, as well as Cindy and Teresa being away." I said, my mood darkening again.

"Son," my mother said, in the tone and form of a rebuke, "your Police Force will survive without you for a few days. And 'all the crap' is exactly why we're making this trip to Apple Grove."

That got my attention, and I turned to peer at my mother for as long as I could take my eyes off the road while driving. I could see that my mother once again knew something that I did not know. But she would not elaborate, and instead adroitly cajoled me into talking about the 'New' Cabin construction, and of course about her grandchildren and their dog Bowser.

It was dark by the time we got to the town of Rome, which was about 15 miles from Apple Grove and was on the main highway and so had some decent hotels. We found the hotel that my mother had booked online. We got two rooms for appearances sake, but made sure they were adjoining and had connecting doors.

Once inside, I took out my little bug-sweeping device and checked the room. There were no bugs (of the listening variety, anyway).

I stripped off my clothes down to my underwear and lay down on one of the double beds, having pulled the bedspreads off, then used an ultraviolet light on the sheets. It's fairly well known that the sheets generally get washed, but the bedspreads of a hotel can be filthy.

There was nothing on TV worth watching, and I realized just how little television I watched at home as I turned off the set with the remote. Just then my mom came out of the bathroom. She was wearing a sheer blue teddy and her acrylic-clear high heel slides, her 'hooker heels' as I called them. She looked sexy, and I felt my cock stirring.

"Here, take this." my mother said. It was a 'gray viagra', like the ones Laura was frequently giving me, though I had no need at all for any help. Still, I took the pill as my mother settled down beside me on the bed, pressing her breasts, abs and legs into my right side.

"Okay, Mom," I said, knowing that something needed to be discussed before we engaged in a hotly incestuous mating, "why are we up here?"

"Well, son," Phyllis said, "your father had a pretty extensive legal practice for many years. Even when he brought on partners, he still had a lot of work coming in. Most of it was absolutely routine: real estate transactions, business contracts, some official stuff for the county as well as being hired by other towns or people in other towns, since her was right near the Courthouse." Apple Grove was in the dead center of this county, and was the County Seat.

I turned out the lights, the darkness enveloping us as I felt my mother's hand slip into my underwear and grasp my hardening cock. She continued her story: "He did a lot of work for charities and churches pro bono, as well. His first partner handled trial work at the Courthouse, usually for the Defense in criminal trials, of which there were few; but also private lawsuits and divorces and such."

"Did he ever do any work for Jonas Oldeeds or the Oldeeds Organization?" I asked.

"No, virtually nothing in a legal way." my mother replied. "He was one of Jonas Oldeeds's original trustees, but if he did any legal work for them, I don't know about it."

"So what has us up here?" I asked. I felt my mother squeeze my cock hard, as a signal to be patient.

"Sheriff Greenwood contacted me about the attempted breaches of your father's files," Phyllis said, "but he also wanted me to bring you up to casually glance into some other situations, not the least of which involves the current Sheriff, Sheriff Spaulding. Do you remember the Spauldings, Don?"

"Vaguely." I said. "He was closer to Elizabeth's age than mine, wasn't he?"

"Yes, he was two years behind her in school." said Phyllis. "My friend Sheriff Greenwood believes Mr. Spaulding is not the most honest and God-fearing of men, and he hopes you might can unearth something that will go towards proving that."

"I see." I said, immediately disinterested. "By the way, Mom," I said, reaching over and gently pinching my mother's right nipple, "didn't you help Sheriff Greenwood with various crimes back in the day, while I was still there, and after I left?"

"Oh, I did very little." Phyllis said. "I kept my eyes and ears open, facilitated a bit of gossip here and there, and I might have made a few suggestions to Sheriff Greenwood about some interesting occurrences that were going on..." I began laughing, thinking of Chief Griswold's comment on 'modesty'.

"So was there very much going on back in those days?" I asked. "Apple Grove is a really small town."

"You'd be surprised, stunned even, at the perfidy that occurs in small towns like Apple Grove." my mother said as she adjusted her position to lean over my abs. "Of course, I was fully occupied trying to keep up with your sister's various wicked actions."

"What were those?" I asked, "Besides the ones I observed, of course."

"Never you mind, for now." Phyllis said. "Now get your underwear off so I can suck your big hard cock." I quickly obeyed, and an instant later lay naked on my back. My mother leaned over and sank her mouth over my hard cock.

"Ohhhhhh..." I quietly gasped. As my mother began sucking my turgid meat in earnest, I let the pleasure course through my body but continued to think of what was going on. The Oldeeds Organization was about to resolve its internecine war, I'd been told, and was ready to move forward... both publicly and behind-the-scenes. Could they be behind the attempt to access my father's files? I wondered.

My mother was slurping away at my cock, using her lips and tongue along the throbbing shaft and over my cockhead, before swallowing most of it and sucking hard on it. I groaned in pleasure, deciding that whatever it truly was that my mother wanted me here for... would just have to wait for its time.

In time, my mother mounted me, straddling me, her feet pressing into my hips and upper thighs as she impaled her sopping wet cunt on my hard male meat. As she rode me, I slid my hands down her luscious legs, massaging the tops of her feet, then eventually holding her hips and reaching up to roughly squeeze her breasts.

I felt my mother come several times, her cunt clenching tightly down on me. The gray viagra had my cock hard, but my mind was in another zone, thinking over a myriad of clues that was leading to something big brewing in the criminal underworld in my home Town & County. As a result, it was a long time before I managed to come, much to my mother's sexual delight as she rode me hard...

Part 6 - Taps

"Day is done,

gone the sun,

From the hills,

from the lake,

From the skies.

All is well,

safely rest,

God is nigh."

Cindy had no idea how she knew and remembered the words to 'Taps' as the final notes of the bugle call for Teresa's father echoed over the field beyond the cemetery. It was Saturday, April 11th. Teresa's father was being buried next to his beloved wife Sarah... and Teresa's sister Alexis. The military funeral was one of full honors for an American hero in a war whose heroes had not been properly recognized for far too long. After too many years of mental pain and insanity, the old man was finally at rest, reunited with his beloved wife in some place far beyond this field and this town, and far beyond the jungles of Viet Nam.

Cindy and Teresa were wearing their formal police uniforms, as were some members of the local Police Department that had come as a courtesy to a fellow officer who'd lost a family member. One of the nurses at Shady Acres had come, as well as a few people that had known Teresa when she was growing up... including the teacher Mildred. Cindy knew that Mildred was the woman that had given Don and Jack Muscone the full story about Teresa's childhood and the disaster that had befallen Cindy's friend.

The honor guard had folded the American Flag, and Colonel Gloriman had presented it to Teresa with words that began "On behalf of a grateful nation..." Teresa accepted the flag politely.

After the ceremony, the local police officers, including the Captain that was Teresa's friend, made their goodbyes. Teresa talked a few moments with the few people she knew as Cindy looked around, ever on the alert for anyone trying to watch them. There had been no incidents since the two perps had left. The nearest office of the FBI had contacted Cindy on behalf of one Special Agent Jack Muscone, offering assistance if needed.

"I was looking for that old man that talked to us at the rest home." Teresa said. "I wanted to thank him for alerting me to the fact my father was a war hero. But he didn't come to the funeral."

"We can look around for him." Cindy said. "We've got a lot of time to kill."

"That's true." Teresa said. "I appreciate you staying with me, too. I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to go back home now. I can handle the legal stuff Monday and get back after it's done."

"No way... the Iron Crowbar would barbecue my ass up one side and down the other if I left you here by yourself." Cindy replied. "Besides, I want to be here Monday, also. I want to check on the property records of the house that was built where yours had been."

"Why do you want to do that?" Teresa said. "And besides, we could just ask some people, like Miss Mildred, if you want to find out anything about it."

"No, I don't want to stir up gossip." Cindy replied.

"So what's got your interest piqued?" Teresa asked.

Cindy considered what to say, then decided upon "I was just curious about what happened after the fire and all. I want to make sure your dad's estate wasn't gypped out of anything."

"Oh, no, it wasn't." Teresa said. "His legal representation sold the lot, and at a pretty reasonable price. The money went into the trust that was paying Shady Acres. But c'mon, you're acting like the Iron Crowbar when he's hot on the trail of something. What are you really looking for?"

"Well, I'm not a Troy," Cindy said, "but I felt like something happened that was important. When we drove by your house---- er, I mean the house that was built on that lot, I saw a woman in the backyard looking at us, and she looked really concerned. I can't shake the feeling that there's something to it. And then with those bozos following us and all...

"I hear you." Teresa said. "So you can check that out while the lawyer and I work out the legal crap with the estate. And then we can go home. I'll be really happy to be back home. If I ever bitch about our Town and County again, just remind me of this place, okay?"

"You'll regret saying that, because I sure will remind you." Cindy quickly agreed. "Okay, so what can we do to kill time around here? Is there any place with secure internet lines? I'd love to do some research while we have time."

"Heck," Teresa said, "I was thinking about getting some sleep while we have the time. Vice keeps a girl up at night. Maybe the public library has internet access."

"No, we'll go back to the room and change." Cindy said. "And I'll use my mobile phone as a local hot spot while you sleep. That'll be more secure."

They drove around and even went back to Shady Acres to ask about the old man that had told Teresa about her father's military service. The staff had no recollection of that old gentlemen at all; none of them had seen the man with Teresa and Cindy, even though one of them had been on duty at the front desk in sight of the lobby where they'd talked. They went to the Police Station and asked around, but no one remembered any such old man. It was as if he'd been a ghost, both women thought...

To be continued.