Secrets of the Tea Room Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That afternoon I checked in to a hotel, had my clothes sent over to me, and contacted a lawyer. The one and only time I ever saw Peter after that was at the divorce hearing. He did have the courtesy to appear repentant and ask that I forgive him and call off the whole thing, but I could not."

Suddenly I blushed. I was an introvert and it wasn't at all like me to reveal these personal things, feelings, tragedies. "I beg you to forgive me, Mr. Emerly. I don't know what could have possessed me to talk like that. I assure you it's most out of character."

"Think nothing of it, my dear, I take it as a sign of trust that you would open up to me like that ... and perhaps we can talk again, but I'm afraid I see Vonne approaching ... it must be time for my conference call."

I was startled again as Mr. Emerly took my hand, bowed ever so slightly and kissed it. I was still staring at his back when Vonne reached me to show me out. She had in her hand a day planner very much like the one I kept and flipped it to the forthcoming Monday. "Miss Prentiss, do you think you could meet with Mr. Emerly again on Monday at ... say ... 1:00 again? No, wait, better yet, why don't you join him for luncheon on the veranda ... it's particularly pleasant this time of year ... and it will give you both a chance to speak informally for a while."

I just gave her a puzzled look ... I don't think it was a question at all as far as they were concerned ... it was a given ... I would be here on Monday at noon. I simply nodded at Vonne and as she turned to leave me at my car ... how had we gotten from the gardens to the car? I had to give my head another shake to clear the cobwebs I had unexpectedly become aware of.

12