Secrets of the Tea Room Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The estate," Rose explained, "is over near Irish Bayou. Do you think we could take a drive over Saturday morning? I'd be happy to pay you for your time … as well as buy you lunch. We could make a day out of it … what do think?"

Jennifer savored another sip of tea, "Yes. I think that would be nice. Getting out of New Orleans for a day is bound to do us both a world of good … and, who knows? We might even see an antique shop or two we'd like to stop by. Saturday it is … say 10:00?"

"Perfect", said Rose, "can you drive? I'm afraid I never got around to learning."

I was just walking past the tables toward the office when I over heard this and it surprised me … it must have surprised Jennifer too because she giggled just a little, "Really, Rose! I cannot imagine not driving! It would impossible to be confined, at the whim of taxi drivers … of course I can drive. Give me your address and I'll pick you up at 10:00."

"Oh, that won't be necessary. Why don't you pick me up here at the Tea Room, my home is a little difficult to find." Rose stood smiling, and stretched out her hand to Jennifer, "I'll be looking forward to it." She then followed me into the office.

I had to tease her a little about this revelation … "Can't drive? Why on earth have you never learned to drive? Half the cabbies in New Orleans can't even speak English … much less be near as smart as you … and they seem to do very well? What gives?"

It was the first time I ever saw her flustered, "I just never got around to it! Never you mind! Just take care of the books and make sure you're back from Baton Rouge on Monday in case I need your help with Jennifer!", her eyes snapped at me and echoed the anger in her voice, "Now … I've got to go arrange for some paintings to be offered for sale." And she stomped out of the office.

Over the next couple of days, Rose gathered an assortment of antique paintings from galleries all over the city. She made arrangements for them to be taken to a quaint anti-bellum home just above Irish Bayou. It would be there that she and Jennifer would seemingly inspect them. If Jennifer made any recommendations, the paintings would be added to the other investment holdings Rose had gathered over the years.

12